What the fuck are Minovsky particles ?

what the fuck are Minovsky particles ?

A plot device created in order to justify the use of giant robots as military weapons.

Always wanted to know.
Also what are the newtypes?

Tomino can't into evolution and decided that going into space naturally makes people psychic.

Just fucking watch it you stupid cunt.

But why Amuro? Why him?

Plot device to stop the use of missiles and or other remote controlled shit.

It's to make space warfare more like a soldier's battle instead of a submarine one.

Also Fraw Bow is a NT? And she gets cucked???

Amuro is an Earthnoid. So is Lalah Sune. Their Newtypes powers awakened on Earth too.

Why not? Amuro's hardly the only one.

amuro was born on side 6 what the fuck

Yes. No.

They just work.

Cucked? How? Amuro never had a significant relationship in his life. He met Lalah once, and he never got over it. When he hooks up with Chan, it's barely a thing, then Chan dies.

No he wasn't.

Fraw Bow is not a NT.

>lala
>born on earth
>her intro ep is called children of the stars

MInovsky particles are basically radar/communication jammers

new types are people who developed psychic/telepathic abilities, mostly prevalent on pilots, which heightened their senses to the point where they can slightly see into the future a la predict your next move. but really its just a plot armor.

and cyber new types are man made new types.

Amuro was born in Canada and didn't go into space until he was 8 or so.

It's a genetic mutation.

Amuro is canadian you fuckwad

How canon waifu is Sayla

according to wiki she is

Only in the novel, but the novel is drastically different. For one thing, Amuro dies about 3/4s of the way through the second and last novel. (He's shot in the back by a guy called Leeroy.)

Char teams up with White Base, Gihren and Kycilla are killed, and the war comes to an end. The final chapter has Sayla going for a swim (away from the war, which no longer involves her) with Amuro's psychic presence in her mind.

Forgot Beltrochika. That is a significant relationship.
According to Zeta liked her but never worked up the courage to ask her out. At least that's what Fraw seems to think.

Why Char go nuts in CCA?

Minovsky Particles jam most communications and can screw with electronics, preventing most long range attacks.

He pretty much gave up on a peaceful end and decided to force an end by devastating Earth.

>wiki

Anyways, she never shows any NT powers in the show at all. The part at the end is just Amuro calling everyone.

Char's suffering a midlife crisis. He's basically failed to make any significant change in the world, and he wants to go out in a blaze of glory. Note that Char constantly lies to everyone in CCA. He tells Nanai "I'll give up piloting and marry you", he tells Gyunei "After this battle, Quess is yours" and he tells Quess "After this battle, I'll kick Nanai to the curb."

He also deliberately leaks the Psychoframe data to Amuro, so they can have one grand final battle. He has a literal death wish. (This is why Full Frontal is so depressed, by the way. He has all of Char's memories, and he knows - intimately - that Char is full of fucking shit.)

Short answer:
He didn't.
Long answer:
Too long to explain in a single post.

Because Lalah was like a mother to him.

>Char's suffering a midlife crisis. He's basically failed to make any significant change in the world, and he wants to go out in a blaze of glory. Note that Char constantly lies to everyone in CCA. He tells Nanai "I'll give up piloting and marry you", he tells Gyunei "After this battle, Quess is yours" and he tells Quess "After this battle, I'll kick Nanai to the curb."
>He also deliberately leaks the Psychoframe data to Amuro, so they can have one grand final battle. He has a literal death wish. (This is why Full Frontal is so depressed, by the way. He has all of Char's memories, and he knows - intimately - that Char is full of fucking shit.)
CCA is so depressing?
Well at leat he manages to kill Amuro

Nice headcanons here.

But all of these are true. The dialogue isn't an extrapolation, he TELLS them. The only other explanation is that he expects some or all of these people to die in the final battle, so he doesn't have to keep his promises.

And he did leak the Psychoframe data to Amuro. It isn't even something I made up, it's what actually happens.

Not him but it's a good enough interpretation. Nothing wrong with reading between the lines.

>Well at leat he manages to kill Amuro
Only because Amuro is a nice enough guy to sacrifice himself to stop Axis from falling on earth. Amuro gave Char one of the most brutal beatdowns I've ever seen in a 1v1 fight.

>Well at leat he manages to kill Amuro
Why would you ever want this

Most of the enjoyment you should get from CCA is seeing Amuro be a total badass.

Well, if you want to be really technical, I guess he did. But his plan failed in every other respect, and he lost the philosophical argument after Amuro pulled off a miracle.

>he manages to kill Amuro
He didn't, Amuro is the decisive winner during their final battle. Amuro simply went Beyond The Time

Char loses his fight with Amuro the moment he leak the Psychoframe data to him

The facts you stated are not wrong of course. The interpretation is.
But he is not reading between the lines. Just just takes several facts that seem to contradict each other and makes up the first random explanation he can think of regardless of whether it is justified by the story and characterization.
>Char's suffering a midlife crisis.
He is not even middle-aged.You don't have to suffer from a middle age crisis to have a common depression.Making this mistake is the least problem but is shows a lack of general understanding of the character.
>he wants to go out in a blaze of glory
>so they can have one grand final battle
>he has a literal death wish
What? Those are complete bullshit.

>He is not even middle-aged.
Are you serious? It's called a figure of speech.

Every space warfare scifi has a Minovsky particle equivalent, you can't possibly not figure it out.

OLDTYPEZONED

Pretty much.

>having lame oldtype sex when you could have hot, spicy newtype sex with mindmelding and shit

Ive been watching the second series. Im kinda disappointed with how quickly Kamille got whipped into shape and how responsible he became. I get that it's necessary to his character I just wish it happened later in the series. In the first few episodes he's the craziest action hero of any anime I've ever seen, everything he does is so fucking insane and over the top. Then after like five or six episodes he's taught that he needs to mellow out.

Again I get why they had to do it, but I'm still kind of disappointed. Am I the only one here who likes batshit crazy Kamille?

Yes. I said it's not a problem that you called it that. Simply that the fact that you called it that demonstrated a failure to understand what led up to it.

I'm pretty sure Kamille is generally pretty off the rails until about halfway through the show or so.

can you spoonfeed me and name a few

Don't be this autistic. Anyone perceived as old and with some kind of identity issue is commonly said to have a midlife crisis. Nobody gives a shit that Char was technically only in his 30s or whatever and not 50.

Not really actually.
I just had an image that that justifies close-range shit that's so common.
I was thinking of LOGH but now I remember those were the shit that explodes.

Is LOGH better than gundam?

Why everybody prefer Char over Amuro

According to the official guide of Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Century and Gundam Officials, the Minovsky Physics Society, while working on the reactor, encountered a strange electromagnetic wave effect in U.C.0065 within the Minovsky-Ionesco reactor that could not be explained by conventional physics. Within the next few years, they identified the cause: a new elementary particle generated by the helium-3 reaction on the inner wall of the reactor, which was named theMinovsky particleor"M" particle. The Minovsky particle has near-zero rest mass - though, like any particle, its mass increases to reflect its potential or kinetic energy - and can carry either a positive or negative electrical charge. When scattered in open space or in the air, the repulsive forces between charged Minovsky particles cause them to spontaneously align into a regular cubic lattice structure called anI-field. An I-field lattice will slowly expand and scatter into space, however, after dense interference it will take approximately 29 days before the region can support normal electromagnetic communication again.

The main use of the Minovsky particle was in combat and communication. When the Minovsky particle is spread in large numbers in the open air or in open space, the particles disrupt low-frequency electromagnetic radiation, such as microwaves and radio waves. The Minovsky particle also interferes with the operations of electronic circuitry and destroys unprotected circuits due to the particles' high electrical charge which act like a continuouselectromagnetic pulseon metal objects. Because of the way Minovsky particles react with other types of radiation, radar systems and long-range wireless communication systems become useless, infra-red signals are defracted and their accuracy decreases, and visible light is fogged. This became known as the "Minovsky Effect".

>(continued)

The disruption of electromagnetic radiation is due to the small lattice of the I-field creating fringes that long wavelengths cannot penetrate, and that diffract wavelengths that have similar distance with the fringes. This diffraction and polarization process disrupts the electromagnetic waves. Notice in real life there is a similar experimental particle that could do the same thing in few thousandth of a second, which is still not practical but proves the theory to be correct. A second use of the I-field (and Minovsky particles in general) was the repulsion of charged plasma and chargeless mega-particles from an I-field surface, which was of use both in power generation and armament technology. If controlled, the particles can form fringes of different widths and further interfere with electromagnetic waves of shorter wavelengths. This provides the basis for the miniaturizing of fusion reactors installed in mobile suits since a controlled I-field can block the infra-red waves. This reduces the heat from the thermonuclear reaction and reduces the need for coolant and shielding for the fusion reactors. Without such a field, a pilot would be boiled alive in a few nanoseconds and the suit would burst into superheated gasses, thus explaining many of the series' casualties when the reactor of a mobile suit is pierced with a beam weapon powerful enough to disperse this I-field.

The only counter measure to the "M" particle in the series was to install bulky and expensive shielding on all electronic equipment, but only to counteract the effect it had on electronic circuitry. While this could be done for space ships and naval ships, this ruled out the use of precision guided weapons, such as guided missiles. Due to this, the military use of Minovsky particles ushered in a new era of close-range combat. This is the primary reason for the birth of the Zeon close-combat weapon: themobile suit.

That's what I thought, you were taking the Minovsky particle for granted. It's one of the smartest plot devices in anime that Tomino came up with with the help of his staff to create a justification as to WHY big robots are fighting in close quarters rather than using planes and missiles and bombs and stuff like modern warfare. Its still an anime, giant robots aren't realistic, but the Minovsky particle is a realistic enough explanation for Gundam

Because Char is not only the most well written character in all of Gundam, but he's also arguably the greatest anime character of all time.

Gundam and LOGH are completely different.

>frogshit
Fuck off.

But which is better?

a ripp-off series can't be better than the original one

daily reminder Sup Forums doesn't know shit about mecha

too hard to understand for my frog brain

/m/ doesn't either. It's mostly just a gundam board.

More like the only well-written character in Gundam.

Uchū senkan Yamato is the orginal one?
Implying /m/ does
Chep gundam

What? He's just an asshole

As I said that is the least problem. It just shows that that is how far most people can narrow down " some kind of identity issue".

t. armchair psychologist

I love the fact that only Char cares so much about muh final battle.

Amuro was about to put a bullet in his head when they fought in the colony. He didn't give a shit about Char

Just watch gundam seed
Everything is better

Now THIS is bait.

It's not that innaccurate. The closer we get to the end of the movie, the more it's made clear that Char doesn't give a fuck about Neo-Zeon, making the world a better place, or anything of the sort. He has no plan beyond the Axis drop, and spends most of the movie lying to everyone so he can make use of them for that plan, but he's clearly not trying to engender long term loyalty.

The only thing he seems to be genuine about during the entire movie seems to be his wish to settle things with Amuro. Really, it seems like the entire conflict was an overly complicated setup to get the opportunity to fight Amuro at his best.

Char never considered himself a leader. He says as much in Z where he stubbornly refuses to lead the Aeug and remains as Quattro. He's always seen himself as a pilot, and he took pride in those skills.

Leaking the Psychoframe, letting Amuro go at the start when he was in the Reg-Z. Char wanted a final duel against the only man he truly considered his equal.

anything beyond that point didn't matter to him.

I know it is.

It's apples to oranges. You can't really compare them.

>making the world a better place, or anything of the sort
What?
>He has no plan beyond the Axis drop
No definite information on that.
>The only thing he seems to be genuine about during the entire movie seems to be his wish to settle things with Amuro
Wrong and missing the point
>Char never considered himself a leader. He's always seen himself as a pilot
False dichotomy
>and he took pride in those skills
Fanfiction?
>He says as much in Z where he stubbornly refuses to lead the Aeug and remains as Quattro.
Argument beased on an out-of-context event brought up to support false dichotomy.
>the only man he truly considered his equal
Implications, implications.

Are think you might have miscast him into some archetype that he doesn't really fit and I can't even begin to imagine why.
Since you posted that picture you could have at least tried to interpret it.