Fullmetal Alchemist

Somehow, I never got round to watching this. Is it any good? Also Brotherhood is the way to go right? I heard the original anime strayed from the manga quite a bit.

Its overrated shit but if you like shonen crap you will likely enjoy it.

Yes both anime are worth your time. If you want to watch the older version then its best seen first though.

Yeah, it's great and yes you should watch brotherhood.

Both are good but the older version it's more dark and makes you feel sadder.

Some mixed reactions here. Is there any point in watching the first version as well as Brotherhood?

Watch the original one first. Brotherhood will be more fun afterwards

You get two very different anime with their own sets of strengths and weaknesses. I'd say their both worth a shot, but only if you go in this order.

Fullmetal Alchemist (the 2003 anime)
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa (the true ending to the 2003 anime, it's shit if you ask me, but it exists)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

You can watch the 2012 Sacred Star of Milos film whenever since it doesn't affect anything else in the franchise.

Original is good but if you're only going to watch one, make it Brotherhood

Like others said it's good to watch both, but brotherhood is better. The big benefit of watching the original is that it spends a lot more time on the early parts of the story so you get a lot of worldbuilding and character development that can carry over to brotherhood,

Faggot detected

Why? Didn't they pull a Soul Eater and completely change the plot/ending?

>2003 still exist to this day

Just watch Brotherhood, it stays true to the manga more and is way better. As for if it's any good, it's probably the best anime imo.

both are solid but the original strays from manga story and has a good amount of filler, some of the filler is actually pretty good and adds to worldbuilding/exploring alchemy but some of it is just shit for the sake of more episodes

overrated shonenshit tbqh

The 2003 version had a bigger emotial impact on me. Brotherhood has more of a shonen feel to it.

It's solid but the ending was kinda unsatisfying.

Watch the 03 anime up to about the halfway point, pretend it ended there, then watch Brotherhood.

I'd say if you're going to watch both FMA series just do it pretending that the manga never existed. It will only lower your enjoyment.

Also, don't bother with Shamballa after the first 20 minutes or so.