Why is 2017 such a fucking shit year for anime

literally all otaku pandering trash

miyazaki was right

Winter season alone was better than anything 2016 had to offer.

what does OP consider as a good anime then?

>2017
>Being a filthy normalfaggot
Sad

What the fuck is that image quality and filename

Winter was the most fun I had in the last couple of years.

>>>/reddit/

Havent enjoyed much this season but winter had a lot of really good stuff.

What's wrong? Baby wants his shounen actions?

Miyazaki considers seasonal series beneath him. Same Ego as most movie directors, it's not like he bothered to educate the next generation of artists user, it was only inspiration.

this might take some time to explain but here goes take a look at my digits

There is a tonne of them in this season though.

For me 2017 is probably the best year this entire decade.

Can we please stop with the shitty threads that are of no use to anybody? We've all gathered here to make friends and discuss the fine arts of anime, just like fine wine. Would you really have liked it for your pokemon rival to have taken a shit in said wine? I didn't think so.

Why can't we just all get along and just admit that there are bad and good series which people can both like and hate, regardless of which side of the autism spectrum they are. We're all humans after all.

2017 is not that much different from 2016, which wasn't that different from 2015. Time continues to pass and this filthy meme keeps being overdone to death at this point because some people have nothing better to do with their time (like watching anime.)

All that said can we just let these kind of threads die off like most of us here? If that happens we'll eventually end with the superior weeb that is both kind, understanding and anime motivated.

Show where nothing happens, it's trash.

>tfw no anime will ever beat fall 2016

My Hero Academia is airing again

OPM later this year

Why the complaint

shounen action will always be better than moeshit as something of importance actually happens in them

>common shounen drivel containing anything of importance
well memed

but user what other anime has 12 year olds that love dick? you cant name one. eromanga is original and the pinnacle of anime. its better than anything aired in the past 3 years.

And Miyazaki is one that I seem to question immensely for criticizing crap despite his own crap.

>shounentrash

>moeblobs

Quick, unrelated to thread question fine fellows:

how many episodes of eva should i try and watch before I have a strong idea of whether I'll like the show or not?

none
eva is shit

This looks like one of those "x person is a pedo" images.

hmm, thanks for the input. i heard it has interesting explorations of philosophy and character psychology, so i thought i'd give it a shot.

would you recommend i try fma:b instead?

12-14?
I don't know.

I disagree.

That doesn't say much considering the last relatively good year we had was 2013.

But Urara is AOTY?

kemono friends is a top-tier show, what are you on about?

Stop posting my wife.

Name 5 (five) good shows from 2013
You can't.

she's only 15 user

I am muslim user

Kill La Kill
Suisei no Gargantia
Shin Sekai Yori
Uchouten Kazoku S1
Shingeki no Kyojin
Monogatari Second
Chihayafuru S2

I'm sure I missed a couple too.

I said name GOOD shows.

Go watch the first episode and judge for yourself its only 22 minutes
>When you're so desperate for good shows you say attack on titan was one of the best of the year

You don't need to post here again.

Shitposting aside, even with taste being subjective, some of those were shows that were actively talked about and are still remembered and talked about 4 years later.

Name me one show this season that people will still mention and talk about 4 years from now.

I did watch the first episode and it was alright. Nothing great.

At what point, does it become a reasonable sample of how the show is overall (both in terms of quality and themes)?

Eromanga
Wow, that was easy.

Re:Creators for the incoming trainwreck

>it's an "user list of favorite anime and gets shit on by other anons" episode
I hate this rerun.

it's just banter, the choices would be shit on regardless

lol

Just like Oreimo is not posted 7 years later, amirite?

Oreimo wasn't a subpar copy of amother show though.

AOTS soon

>he doesn't know about Tsuki ga Kirei

You and the rest of Sup Forums say that about every year. Shut up.

>We've all gathered here to make friends

Honestly, if the first to episodes don't hook you you can safely drop it, but watch the whole first arc (up to ep 6) to me it's the core of eva, and everything that happens latter in the series has its seeds there.

>If the first two episodes

I have no doubt that 2021 Sup Forums will still have occasional Kuzu no Honkai threads.

As if a raid won't take us all down by then.

Miyazaki is usually right.

Well, contemporary seasonal anime IS below Miyazaki. He's revered as a god of animation for a reason.

And there are fags saying every year is the best year in quite a long time.

I think Miyazaki is justified in hating otaku culture, but it is also definitely hypocritical. In Starting Point he talks about how the catalyst for his wanting to become an animator was that he fell in love with Bai-Niang when he saw Hakujaden in '58.

Who cares about tv when Miyazaki and Takahata release films in the same year?

>hasn't watched Rokudenashi

Are you joking? Sadly, he is not. This is a difficult truth to absorb, but you have been rewatching shows instead of chipping away at your backlog. You have grown stale. Your cynicism has kept you blinded to the diamonds in the sea of coal that has been the recent years. One of these days, you will be on youtube, and then a video with an anime you have never heard of will catch your interest, and you will lament the fact that you saw it first on youtube as a normie faggot. Can't you hear it? Your waifu is calling for you to change yourself, to watch other shows but her's. B-BAKA!

>literally

Great taste.

Ayyy lmao.

Nothing really for me to get excited about this year, either. Yuasa's movies don't look too good. No other major auteur works on the horizon.

>something of importance
This is a dumb meme. Nothing of importance happens in the majority of shows of all kinds. The main difference between the genres is the type of experience you get out of them. So with action series, you get action, combat, thrilling shit. With SoL, you get the heartwarming stuff. You have to be defunct in order to categorically refuse either.

>standard magic academy crap where half the people watching are only in it for the slutty school uniforms

Kek.

For starters, it has an MC who is confident, witty and has a sense of humor, making for many entertaining moments. The rest of the cast is decent too, and it has a relatively well-written theme for an introductory arc.

Second, you have to be actively distorting your vision in order to judge that it's a useless series when only its introductory arc has aired (and ignoring the aforementioned qualities of it).

By people who value style over substance maybe.

Winter season was one of the best ever

Name 50 good shows from winter 2017, you can't

Last season was good, this season fucking sucks.
>muh otaku pandering
Rather stale trolling.

I only need to name one: Kuzu no Honkai. It's probably the best anime this decade has to offer.
It was deeper and more satisfying than overrated garbage like Ping Pong, Madoka, Tatami Galaxy, Katanagatari, etc. I don't think anyone here in Sup Forums is capable of comprehending it's significance.

Only if you can name 100 good shows from 1987 that aired in August

Interesting choice, was born August 1987.

>only one new series aired Summer 1987
>tfw born during one of the worst seasons in anime history

off topic, but isn't the last episode usually the barometer for the series, (provided it's ended already) considering that the last ep will let you know how the series ends, and possibly, if it's worth watching?

yeah, it kinda spoils the show, but wouldn't it save you time?

I'll show you deep and satisfying *fucks you in the ass*

Koume is such a fatty, always eating and bullying my wife Nono.

I still feel it's very narrow-minded to be like this
most of the things that make up a human body are super tiny and "beneath" you, that doesn't mean you should ignore them
If you really are all that great, make sure it works well instead of not giving a fuck

>cranky old man was just a cranky old man and not a wise old sage
Turns out people who worship Miyazaki also have trouble distinguishing reality from fiction

there are shows where the last episode isn't the climax of the series, instead used to give a conclusion to the loose ends of the plot and summarize everything

What's her name again?