The Promised Neverland chapter 37 Spoiler thread

The escape arc officially ends.
Source from Mangahelpers

Mama's Memories

As a child, Isabella and her friend Leslie sing a song Leslie came up with.
Some time later, Leslie is shipped out, and Isabella gets approved to become a Mama from the Mama of that time.
As an adult, Isabella becomes pregnant and sings Leslie's song to her unborn child.
Having become a Mama, Isabella wishes sincerely to keep her children safe and loved for as long as possible.
One day Isabella hears Ray singing her song and becomes flustered.
Ray: "Why did you give birth to me, mother?" [note: he uses the Japanese word for mother here, not the the typical English "mama" normally used]
Isabella: "So that I could go on living."
After learning the truth about Leslie's death, she was determined not to be eaten herself.
She accepts her defeat at the hands of Emma and the others who refused to give up.
If she felt real love for the children, she would want to see them off with a smile, rather than feeling guilty.
She disposes of all the remaining ropes, and sings Leslie's song to Phil and the others as a lullaby.

Emma makes her way through the forest and revels in her newfound freedom.
The sun begins to rise just as they exit the forest.
Emma: "It's our first morning."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W07aVgmpAH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ray was actually Isabella's son

Huh.

Neverland poster from Giga.

Also, it seem next week we get another color page. Feels nice to be pandered to.

The memes have come true.

What meme will come true next?

>"Mama was secretly planning to help them escape" fags BTFO

The Phil keikaku demon one obviously

It made sense that it's something Ray would know while Isabella wouldn't, while also being something Krone could check and use against Isabella.

The Phil NTR's Norman meme

>1200x876

Based. Thanks, user.

No biggie

Emma is cute!

>She disposes of all the remaining ropes, and sings Leslie's song to Phil and the others as a lullaby.
And demons literally leave Isabella alive? After 10+ top quality products ran away from her?

>yfw realise that you won't see Norman for more than 20 chapters at least and the only hope to see him once more again soon is Emma's or Ray's flashbacks/hallucinations.

Isabella seems to be grandmother's favorite pet.

Well...
Guess this is now incest, I suppose. I can work with that.
Apologies for taking so long, work's been rough for the past couple of weeks. I'll still try to finish this as soon as possible, though.

The madman returns

Huh, Grandma doesn't look old at all. Does it mean that they can get promoted quite fast?

She could probably be in her mid fifties. Then again, half of her face is in shadows.

Seems like this. And in the light of recent events Isabella could be actually her daughter.

They already lost 15 high quality goods, why would they kill Isabella their source of their high quality? They can always have her make more in the future

>Escape arc is finally ended.
Then why this thread is so dead? Come on, don't cosplay Connie.

>sings Leslie's song to her unborn child
>Ray singing her song
Now that's an asspull if I ever saw one.

Fuck off Mama, I want more Emma. Show me how she's doing.

Because what's the point of raising food which runs away once it should be harvested?
Yes Isabella is a good farmer. But I can't believe that she won't be punished for letting 2 dishes for Tifari escape. She failed, and in this manga hundred times was mentioned that fail for "farmers" = death.

There is not much to discuss yet. Wait for the raws at least.

Norman, please.
She's perfectly fine, especially if we compare with your current state.

Even if mama disposed ropes and helped kids a little bit, this guy won't let children run away so easily

Ray was already established to lack childhood amnesia and literally said he remembers his mother singing him a lullaby. It was foreshadowed ages ago speedreader kun

user...
Ray was fucking unborn, I doubt it works like this.

You're forgetting this is shonen, user. Shit will work.

It doesn't matter how she's punished as long as it doesn't involve killing her or removing her from the position as Mama, they're out of luck for the Tifari and lagging behind on high quality produce, the last thing they need is for there to be a further decline in product quality in the future because they decided to kill their best farmer as punishment. It's really not that hard for them stop future escapes by improving the farms security by adding cameras around the walls or even putting some watch posts on the other side of the cliff.

We don't really know what state he's in though so is she really better off? She's heading into the unknown, afterall.

Who says they won't do anything to her? It sounds like it ends there.

I'm dying to know what the outside world is like.

delet this filth

I think it's pretty likely that Grandma will be also punished. When Krone warned her that the kids were planning to escape, she just shrugged that off because Isabella would take care off and the demons who executed Krone heard that. I wouldn't be surprised if the demons made Grandma responsible for the escape because she knew the problem beforehand and did nothing to stop it.
Althought letting 15 children run away, 2 of them necessary for the Tifari and with no replacement? No way Isabella wont pay for that.

>that one Isabella x Ray smut story is now incest
oh

why is everything that surrounds ray so forced?
he has no childhood amnesia. he can make a anti-Mama dspositive easily. he did not die because emma blew out the match at the last moment.

fuck you, ray.

He's a double agent working for mama independently from the demons , when it gets revealed it'll make more sense.

The girls.

The boys.

ray's keikaku

Katana Demon catches up to them

More Anna when?

The most forced thing is how he somehow convinced Mama he was going to work for her in exchange of gifts and everybody being happy until he got harvested

When the plot needs, after all, she's just that: a device. Stupid bitch.

Wait, did Ray know he was her son?

>Emma makes her way through the forest and revels in her newfound freedom.
>The sun begins to rise just as they exit the forest.
>Emma: "It's our first morning."
Did they really escape with such a simple idea?

Well, it depends on how we look at this. Telling Grandma truth and delivering Ray early was the worst case situation. So Isabella decided to make childish deal because she believed that she could any shit which he can possibly make in the future. And if spoilers are true ( and I guess they're not fake) Ray is her son, that also explains why she agreed. Yes, she's farmer, but not a maniac.
Seems quite logical, especially for shounen.

>such a simple idea
user, they prepared for this day 35 chapters.

Offscreen. Plus: "let's use some sheets and jump the wall" is not what I call complicated.

No bullying allowed.

I have a crush on Anna.

You have a crush on Literal from Who-ville?

>Ray is going to have a terrible time down the line due to that

Gonna be hell of a ride for bestboy.

They needed all the kids for this plan to work. It wasn't simple. Mama couldn't do it because she was alone. They needed to figure out the point of the wall from which they could escape and a physically capable kid that could have enough time to train without being seen by Mother.

>qt
>willing to sacrifice her cute hair for someone else's safety
How could I not?

>Ray on the cover.

Why is Anna suddenly popular when best girl Emma is right there?

In theory, yes, but in practice, in storytelling terms, it was simple. They just got there and jumped. The end.

Emma got boring. We want new waifu.

You take that back. Emma is great.

Both, Emma and Anna, are just script sluts for Norman.

Norman didn't give the idea for Anna to cut off her hair so not really.

Stop offending Emma, please. Shit talk Mama instead.

I generally am still sick of her need to save everyone.

She left without the younger ones, that's a start. I would have never expected her to, to be honest. She's planning on coming back but not the means to do so, two years is a lot of time to prepare something. I'd say it's fair.

but not without the means to do so*

I am wondering right now if she will compromise on her ideals as I feel things are about to start really getting bat shit crazy.

Yeah, I agree. She really doesn't know what's waiting for them outside at the end of the day. I doubt things are going to go as smoothly as she expects. But I assume she'll succeed in some way purely because this is a WSJ manga.

I don't think they're supposed to feel like real children, the demons want their juicy brains for a reason.

(not him but) I disagree, killua, for example, is pretty smart, but behaves like a brat 70% of the time. emma and the others lived like normal children all their lives. they want to escape because they are afraid to die, because they are afraid of losing their friends. the problem is that the eisntein side overlaps a little too much the human side. maybe the author is trying too hard to be a death note 2.0.

Going simple works in this case because even us, the readers, were only focused on Ray, Emma and Norman. There was never a need to complicate the escape -- jumping the wall was always the plan the trio had. The complication was that Emma wanted to bring everyone.

I suppose you could argue Emma has a childish side to her with the idealistic "I want to save everyone" deal but I suppose she sort of let it go for the most part. I get what you mean though, maybe we'll focus more on that aspect while world building?

So now that this arc is wrapping up, do we get an anime?

I think it's way too soon for that.

Definitely.
Anime always ruins the fanbase and eventually everyone stops giving a shit about manga.

Someone on leddit said this was Posuka.

youtube.com/watch?v=W07aVgmpAH8

It says so in the title but can anyone confirm?

Posuka a qt confirmed.

At the end you can see part of a little paper with "出水 ぽ" on it so it could be true, unless it was someone else at this stand.

The person also posted a picture of her along with it so I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the woman in the video.
That's pretty cool.

I like her style.

Look at the signature on the bottom of this piece from Posuka's twitter and then compare it to the one on the video. It's definitely her.

Do we know what Kaiu Shirai looks like?

Not yet, I don't think.

It's Demizu, we almost always refer to Mangaka by their last names.

who cares

I didn't really think it felt forced. She had him thinking he was indispensable even though she knew he was a rat. Isabella is the mama for a reason. She knows how to play the game.

I want Mama to live.

Right, Posuka just sounds nicer to me. I doubt she cares kek

1/3

2/3

3/3
Emma stronk

What expression is Norman conveying?

Admiration and a bit of lust.