Who invented the unpaid internship? I hate them

Who invented the unpaid internship? I hate them

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/06/need-an-internship-try-bidding-for-it
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, I wonder (((WHO)))

I thought it is mostly rich people's kids who do unpaid because they can afford to do it while poor people can't do it at all.

boomers
(((them)))

>Who invented the unpaid internship?
the people who were willing to work for free lmao

It’s funny because those companies that would be worth working an unpaid internship for actually pay you. For example, every investment bank pays its interns very nicely. It’s mostly shitty companies that offer unpaid internships. So the logic “you work a few months for free, and then you get a full time position that pays well” does not hold.

nobody is forcing you to take a job that doesn't pay, janny

You ever see people post that they can’t get a job without any experience? This is how you get experience faggot. Guess what? You might not get paid for it, suck it up.

Slavery has evolved, it's called illegal immigration.

Unpaid internships only exist because minimum wage laws force businesses to pay more than they can afford to inexperienced workers. So, they choose not to pay them at all since it's illegal for them to pay less than minimum wage EVEN IF BOTH PARTIES AGREE TO IT.

Internships are usually office jobs. Office jobs pay well above the minimum wage. I don’t see why an intern, even though he brings less value, cannot get at least the minimum wage, since it’s $7.25/hr in most places.

Unless you're interning for a nonprofit -- because they can legally use volunteer labor -- an unpaid internship is almost always illegal.

Yes, you can technically structure an unpaid internship in such a way that it's legal. But virtually no one does.

See someone offering an unpaid internship? Call them out on their bullshit.

This. It's a way for them to select 'the right kind of person'
Keep the normals out of top positions as they can't afford to work for free

>The experience and connections alone are more than enough for broke college students

A saturated job market that forces applicants to bolster their empty resume for an entry position.

Except only shitty companies do unpaid internships

Or maybe its just individuals and businesses making free choices?

You commie shills want to control everything with (((state))) force. Fuck off.

This.

I've never actually heard of an unpaid internship IRL. Every firm or company I've heard of pays interns very well, except for smaller firms/businesses who pay maybe $11/hr or so.

Things in America are the same everywhere

That's nice for people who can do it for a year in central London

Also undermines the paid workforce
Between cunts wanting free labour and cunts importing cheap labour it's communism to want it stopped

Internships are also common in healthcare. Pays off in the end but it is a drag during all that slave labor.

>can’t get a job because no experience
>business offers to give you experience
>bitch about how they aren’t paying to give you experience
Explain yourself shitdick

>2018
>not paying for your internship
The living shall envy the dead

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/06/need-an-internship-try-bidding-for-it