Hunter x Hunter

Does the writing get better in HxH. So far there are a lot of blatant, exposition dumps every time the story needs to explain something.

I watch Hunter x Hunter for the writing
I watch Kanokon for the plot
I watch Toradora for the thrill

No, it's generic shonen trash. HxH fanboys will bend over backwards to convince you otherwise

Here's how it goes.

>Examination arc

A bunch of throat clearing.

>Zoldyck Mansion

Pretty good

>Heaven's Arena

Pretty good, throat clearing.

>Yorknew City

FUCKING AWESOME

>Greed Island

I like it well enough.

>Chimera Ant

Half FUCKING AMAZING, one fourth bullshit, one fourth incomplete.

>Election Arc

Yawn.

I don't get it, everyone was shitting on the first Examination arc for being to "kiddie", but it was one of my favorite arcs.
And there was nothing kiddie about, side characters were dying left and right. And the tests were pretty creative.

After that, everything was downhill till the Chimera Ant arc.

There was nothing wrong with Zoldyck Mansion, Heaven's Arena and Greed Island arcs, but every was too formulaic and it didn't grab my attention. Still above average for a shonen and good for watching.

Yorknew City started really strong, but after the middle it was just okay.

The chimera ant arc is some of the worst anime I've ever watched. Quit the show.

Yorknew's the best part of the series for me. At least Kurapika's stuff. When he pretty mercilessly tortures and kills Uvo is GREAT.

NEXT CHAPTER FUCKING WHEN?

This is more or less acurate, albeit I'd put greed island on "horrible", it was absolutely pointless and another training ark, just camouflaged.

The fact that it comes after Yorknew, only makes it look worse too.

I hate Yorknew because Kurapica turns into a faggot at the end, he literally only kills one spider and let the leader escape. He should have killed at least half of the spiders. Yorknew was just hype for Kurapica and the spiders than never paid off, everything after Uvo death was downhill. Also I hate Kurapica for not showing to see Gon at the hospital after the Chimera Ant arc, he is just an edgy faggot who needs to be killed already.

I was peripherally watching the show a bit as my brother was marathoning it, and it never really held my attention until Chimerant arc which actually got me watching it on my own halfway through.

I really liked the the way it ended personally, but I am a sucker for tragedy and developing villain characters.

You're contradicting yourself, edgelord.

I hate him for beign a fag to his enemies but an edlord to his friends. I don't know why anyone would like a character like that.

He was mourning his family and didn't know what happened to Gon.

everyone Hunter and their mother knew what happened to Gon, don't be a dishonest faggot. Leorio even tried to call him but he didn't answer the phone. I don't understand why the OP and ED in that arc sucked Pika's dick when only had a brief cameo.

He didn't answer his phone because he was holding a funeral for his dead family.

If there is ever a new chapter I hope the boat arc just to be aborted, the princes shit its stupid. Just let Hisoka kill all the spiders and end this manga already.

Then you are watching for the right reasons, not like some of these babies wanting the next big brawl

Apparently Kurapika can't have deal with his own shit and has to gravitate back to Gon just cause.

Doing so makes him an edgelord or whatever buzzword that teens likes spouting.

The exam arc is fantastic, are you fucking high?

I thought the election Arc was a good 7/10 mostly because of Alluka undoing one of the best transformation scenes in anime

>trying to read the Dark Continent arc after watching the anime
>bored to shit
God, the Zodiacs are uninteresting so far. Is Hisoka vs. Chrollo at least worth it? Yes, I know about "O"

>I hate Yorknew because Kurapica turns into a faggot at the end, he literally only kills one spider and let the leader escape.
He kills one spider, indirectly causes another's death(This one was a huge blow because of Pakunoda's abilities were rare as fuck.) effectively chained their leader and separated him from them. He probably did the most damage to the spiders than any one person or organization. And he got away with it because they were afraid his death would cause his resentment for fuck over their boss.