Yu gi oh GX

so, why does everyone hate GX anyway?

It had better character development than any other arc, by far.

It didn't jump the shark like card games on motorcycles.

Alexis is best girl too, big boobs and fit body.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDQ8hu26aXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Personally I just fucking hate every character design that isn't Asuka. The actually writing and story was pretty good.

>It had better character development than any other arc, by far.
>Kill off all your main cast for a season after replacing them with new characters
>Good character develoment
...what

>It didn't jump the shark like card games on motorcycles.
>GX didn't jump the shark
Okay, now I know you're just shitposting

The story was dumb and made no sense half the time. It was like the writers threw darts at the wall.

I find Jaden more tolerable than Yugi. He loses clean to Zane fairly early, while Yugi's first loss is against Kaiba threatening to kill himself, which makes Kaiba a whimp.

The descent into darkness and return is far better than anything they came up with the entire series. Chazz is decent too. Zane is cool and his obsession with winning driving him insane feels real.

>gx didn't jump the shark

Wait, so CARDS GAMES FROM OUTER SPACE wasn't ridiculous to you but CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES was?

I liked it till the actual plot kicked in, then it became a cringefest.

They probably were making it up as they go. Thats why theres plenty of stuff that got introduced and then never expanded on.

>It didn't jump the shark like card games on motorcycles.

Card games

in space

super powered cards

by space rays

that turned Jaden's ace

into a

yandere slut

Don't get me started on the dino power.

>GX didn't jump the shark
Requesting that image. You know the one.

as opposed to card games from ancient Egypt and Atlantis?

It's tolerable as long as it doesn't actually fucking require to ride a motorcycle to be on it. That's fucking stupid.

I don't care about the crazy origin, but you need a bike to play?

This one?

Only reddit and youtube comments hate it. Anyone with taste knows it's the best, the same as anyone with taste knows Digimon Tamers is the best.

>Mfw just remembered Dino DNA

Thats the one

The Tag Force games were great, as well as Spirit Caller for the DS. It was a subpar season but it had potential for good character stuff that was explored in games.
Plus all them cute side character girls, especially the male (female) who turned busty later on.

>A Satellite powering up to wipe out all life on earth
>The spirit of the main character's card flying to space to stop it, while the duel is still going on
>Aided by the spirit of one of his friends, who is a dinosaur because he had his tibia replaced with a dinosaur bone, giving him "dino DNA"
>While the satellite is held back the spirit of the sister of the big bad

And this is only the second arc of this series.

5Ds Tag Force games were better.

You say that like turbo duels were the norm

Nah they looked like shit and the tag team making turned retarded with the one day deals and shit

Who fucking cares about "development", all the characters were downright obnoxious, nobody was actually likeable.

I will admit that Asuka is fucking best girl though, but her jobbing is just another proof of GX sucking

And the plot was fucking shit too, the first seasons were just season 1 copypastes and then the supposedly "good" later half is nothing but asspulled shit about Judai is literally a dark version of Jesus Christ and he BTFOs literal cosmic entities, completely going against the idea of the card games being based on the fucking ancient egypt shit

But you can mindbreak people in them.

>completely going against the idea of the card games being based on the fucking ancient egypt shit
The first anime already did that in the Orichalcos arc by introducing the Duel Monsters Spirit World.

>B-BUT MUH NOT CANON

Canon to the anime, and thus GX. The DOMA arc established Pegasus as alive, when he died in the manga. Pegasus appears in GX on multiple occasions, so DOMA is canon to GX.

Why did they kick the math&logic guy out of the show to replace him with some dino DNA nigger?

Never made sense to me.

Kids like DINOSAURS more than math, and it's easier to sell DINOSAUR-based cards than math-based cards.

I liked it a lot, much better than 5ds.
A lot of it because its basically Devilman: the cardgame.

No, Dino DNA was only there to replace the fat kid from the first arc.

Misawa was still around even when Kanzan got introduced, while Hayato got written out before his introduction.

>no Kaiba
>no Kaiba replacement character

Into the trash it goes

GX is the third worst YGO with Zexal as 2nd worst as ARC-V miles in the dirt as shittest.
Prove me wrong
pro tip: you cant

Also, it wasn't a math deck, it was Science period.

His first monsters were all molecule themed, with Hydrogen and Oxygen monsters making Water. Then he got dragons based on minerals(Carbon and diamond) and a lithmus test. And one math guy. Then he got magnetism.

Hydrogedon and Oxygedon were awesome though

But it had two Kaiba replacements

Not saying it isn't.
Just saying that his deck isn't just math based. He only had one math monster.

Hes rumored to get new support in the Duelist Pack: Battle Legend which is brand new cards based off of select DM and now GX characters with Cyberdarkness Dragon
Though the "Mai" support is really based on and for the Tyler sisters from Arc-V.

I like GX.

It's got flaws but it has Manjoume.

His gimmick (six different decks for different situations) was too hard to do, and he never recovered from being beaten by the Amazon.

Season 2 looked like it was going to do something interesting with him when he joined the Society of Light, but then the writers stopped giving a fuck about him.

I dled Spirit Caller and played it nonstop for the last 2 weeks. Best yugioh game out there. Only the post game spirits felt dumb. The starting is slow, but it gives you a chance to have fun with those cards you can't play later due to the fast pace of the game (eg Ultimate Great Perfect Moth).
It has a shit ton of opponents with different decks each too, which is great for variety. Underrated game due to its lack of success and Konami flooding the market with 2 games a year.

Left was arrogant but a shitter
Right was a good duelist but an emo faggot who turned out far more irrelevant to the story than anyone could have expected

A proper Kaiba clone is both arrogant and good, like Jack

well clearly more insane that magic jewelry containing ancient egyptian spirits that somehow are great at playing card games and child billionaires who turn a weapons company into a one that produces expensive holographs for said videogames

Again, I can pass on weird backstories, weird powers, but at the end of the day, none of that made an actual difference to the card game.

Fucking motorcycles? Why? Why would you ever play a fucking card game on it?

CHAZ IT UP

Because Kazuki Takahashi had the idea that it would be cool to duel on motorcycles riding on the Nazca Lines.

And it was from that idea that the Dark Signers were born too.

>completely going against the idea of the card games being based on the fucking ancient egypt shit
That ended in the same exact moment they also became based on ancient Atlantis for no good reason.

>I will admit that Asuka is fucking best girl though, but her jobbing is just another proof of GX sucking

Yeah her deck is shit and her duels are shit. She's pretty strong in Spirit Caller though. Shame she's such a sidekick. But Mai jobbed way more than her in the first card, despite having better cards and a rather fun deck.

Dinosaur deck with Hydrogeddon, Oxygeddon and the 2 3000 tyrannos is fun.

Kaiba's in it, hello Kaibaman.

Zane is a great character. Top duelist, stomps Jaden in their first match, the graduation match is still one of the best in the series, eventually becomes too used to winning, goes pro and faces the harsh reality which turns him ''dark''. One of the best character development the series had.

Chazz from snob cunt to ethernally seeking redemption is predictable but acceptable.

Well it's one of the worst shark jumping I have seen. Most series eventually do it, but noone was as bad as this one.

Then LittleKuriboh turned it into a meme and that sealed it.

>hurr i'm so bored of winning
>oh fuck i actually lost
>welp, time to become a literal sociopath, that will fix everything

And Aster Phoenix was a shitter who shouldn't have been able to beat Zane

If you have ever been at the top in something, like sports or school and eventually leave your familiar environment to realize you are no longer at the top, you'll understand the internal drama. Clearly you haven't. Identity crisis derived from sudden failure after regular success are rather common.

They go to school to learn how to play a card game. That's a stupid premise.

GX had its "quirky" moments, and I won't lie there was some pretty dumb shit. However, much of the character progression and development was extremely solid, and the duels were almost always at least enjoyable. The characters were also extremely memorable (except Misawa) giving us the dramatic edgelord known as Hellkaiser, the ultimate tsundere Yubel, DINO DNA, that black guy with the duel disk gun who played volcanics, The King before THE KINGU was ever a thing, the always lovable Manjoume, fan service in the the form of Asuka, and many more (if I listed them all here it'd take even longer.
However, that's not to say it had its issues. The first 2 seasons were extremely slow, its the ygo anime with the longest running opening theme (albeit a good one but it lasted way too long before being changed), and some of the cards it spat out were just God awful (see Arcana force, cyberdarks, roids, and neospacians)

GX embraced being weird and or goofy even in its darker arcs.

Arc-V tried to have a serious plot and fell on its face halfway through, then forced a bunch of out of place goofy GX references in the GX arc.

I had Spirit Caller and even through it was fun, it got boring pretty fast. All the NPC used similar cards and important duelist like the villains used generic cards not used in the Anime. Also the story mode only got to the beginning of Season 2. Overall a mediocre game that i gift a friend later

Jaden has by far the dumbest hair in Yu-Gi-Oh, simple as that

I remember some user telling me you can get into Sherry's pants, am going to play it only for that I have the biggest hard-on for Oscar and her clones.

You end up fugging almost every girl you partner with in the Tag Force games.
One of the few exceptions is Rei, where you're just helping her.get with Judai, but she has an alternate story where she likes you instead.

>Rei
Also niiiice

The best girl in Tag Force 6 was Pearl due to her riduclously OP Wind-Up/Ancient Gear deck
But Tasha with her Six Samurais is always a close second. It got to the point where I spent more time dueling the NPCs than the actual characters

I would have liked it more if it didn't take place with the retarded school backdrop.

Also
>duel school
>not jumping the shark

If they had all just been local competitors that saw each other often and were trying to go pro, it would have been 10x better and could have had the exact same plot.

>duel school is jumping the shark
How? A children's card game is the most popular sport in the first series where egyptian magic people battled each other.

Motorcylces is full retard.

How is it not? Do we have video game, football or baseball school? No, you do that shit on your own goddam time and if you're good enough you'll get scouted (or maybe you won't at all). It's full retard that a popular game with minimal chance of going pro has a fucking academy with thousands of students who are more than likely wasting their time. It could have been a series about the harsh reality of trying to go pro in the dueling world, whereas in the first series the characters were almost always drawn in to tournaments because a) they made them or b) shadow games, a less over the top/mystic version would be cool. but they had to fuck it up with jaden not studying for duel tests. why not him just messing up his NORMAL school life because he's too busy playing card games or ditching school for tournaments?

I'd believe motorcycles more because an insanely popular game that's played for people's viewing pleasure might one day have to ramp shit up/throw in curveballs in order for people to stay interested. Why watch a track meet when you can watch ninja warrior? I'd watch people play chess on motorcycles on a death trap of a track. I wouldn't go to chess school.

>not going to duel college
Shiggy diggy

It's kinda ironic this is posted now, cause I just started rewatching GX. Everything about is so weird, and I love it. The characters are all great to me and their little arcs are just icing on the cake. It helps that, while not the best deck, Jaden had the coolest deck archetypes with his superheroes.

bcuz is the season 2 of digimon, shit

>Do we have video game, football or baseball school?
Those arent worldwide, everyone plays games like duel monsters.

>Seeing all those summon cutscenes for the first time.
Good shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=aDQ8hu26aXU
Still wish we had gotten the anime versions of the Meklords

it was much better than 5d
fuck synchros and fuck turbo duels

First two arcs were pretty dull but the 3rd and 4th arcs while good completely sidelined all the old cast members apart from Judai and they felt completely irrelevant powerwise apart from Kaiser. I saw a lot of the GX flaws in Arc V, particularly how they just kept introducing more and more new characters instead of developing old ones.

5Ds > DM > GX > Zexal > Arc-V

Ironic af, that i wanted to download zexal for the sake of cringe, and noticed that nyaa went allahu akbar, then a yugioh post when i enter Sup Forums, fuck my life

switch 5ds and DM and you are gold

Yubel's final form is Nagai as fuck

>All this nostalgia support lately.
>No Yubel support
Disappointed.

I keep going back and watching the episodes, filler aside it's actually fairly good. The worst of it has to be Johan replacing Sho, and a lot of the duels later shifting away from Judai's original friends and towards the others that get introduced. That aside, I enjoy it a lot.

Judai was easily best MC

>not an intolerable beta
>didn't leave dueling to proxies
>proper character growth
>least asspulls made by a main character
>grew out of an edgy phase
>great set of rivals

>least asspulls made by a main character
As a Judai lover, i can whole heatedly say that is 100% incorrect.
granted in the more important duels he usually kept it fair, but in sheer number he outclasses everyone.

Wait, there's something worse than zexal?

You like titties, don't you?

This is not unintentional, it's been said that the idea for Saiou and his arc came from the writer disliking Devilman vs Mazinger, some movie crossover or whatever.

Arc-V, the epitome of wasted potential. It had so much promise but then they left standard dimension and everything started going downhill and never recovered.

I don't think it's possible to outclass my man Yuma. Like, the dude is cool, but he will literally create and rewrite a card.

Replacing sho was a good thing, who the fuck liked that obnoxious loser?

At least the ones introduced are likable. Speaking of which FOSSILS WHEN

>Replacing sho was a good thing
Look, I like Crystal Beasts a lot, but Johan is gigantic Gary Stu.

Plus, Sho had a lot of character development.

PRECIOUS TIME

>But Mai jobbed way more than her
All of Mai's losses except her duel against Yugi were straight up horse shit.
>coin flip
>you can't use Ra unless you can read and speak some obscure dialect of Ancient Egyptian that only appears once you summon the card
>off-screened by Orichalcos guardian faggot

GLORIOUS DAYS

At least her ace card was cool

But thats not her ace, other than what she used in the Society of Light.

Her real aces are Cyber Blader, Cyber Prima and Rituals.

GX is one of the most popular series though

The only series people hate is ARCV

season 4 was prime yugioh if you ask me. the plot was meh but the characters and the final duel vs yugi made up for it.
the chronos and manjoume episodes in particularly were lovely.

I fucking loved GX. Even the S1/2 filler. There was a shit ton of it but at least the duels were fun to watch unlike say, the Zexal filler (*COUGH TOMATO) or all the Arc-V filler

Lost to Panik.
Lost to fucking Tea.

That's how her character is introduced.

The entire premise of the show is that the fate of the world depends on card games.

How is a school that teaches something the fate of the world depends on stupid?

Oh yeah, Yugi and Yusei totally don't.

That Dino shit was cool as a kid though. The different and ridiculous archtypes is what made the anime fun.

Oh wait my bad, I thought you were talking about the deck, not the Dino power in space shit. Yeah that was fucking weird.

As weird as it was awesome.

Seriously, I didn't care about it or gave it more thought than "Holy shit Dino in space!".

What's funny is that Kaz's idea for 5D's predates the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga itself. It's based on one of his reject manga.

GX was the last season I watched.
Has there been any protagonist so far gayer than Judai or is he still the biggest faggot?

Nope. Judai is still the gayest.

If it wasn't for that pic I'd swear you made all that up.

It should be telling that someone just requests "that" image and everyone knows what he means.