One-dimensional garbage

One-dimensional garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u3VJggF6
docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/edit#heading=h.hy3sswr3ftku
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nigga you blind, they've got 2.

there's no way Rem can be saved

I recently watched all of Re:Zero

Whats wrong with Rem?

She's a shallow wish fullfilment plot device, the writer didn't write her like a character, this is true for just about every entity in rezero tbqh

Make her meaner, more cunning, and selfish, like the original version. The kind of girl who can beat a man to death with a smile on her face, or emotionally torture the man she loves to get him to confess to her.
She's not original, "it was just a prank" Rem.

most anime girls are

I want to tear whitefox apart, how the fuck could they cut so much of her characterization as well as Subaru's?

>everything must be grimdark and realistic in my Chinese cartoons or I will pout

Nigga, they all 2. One dimension is a fucking line nigga, educate yourself.

I too enjoy having my wish fulfilled of being brutally tortured for information I don't have. Truly the patrician fetish.

Wait, original? I thought LN Rem is almost the same as the anime

He means the WN Rem

literally the most overrated anime series in existence and I mean that entirely unironically. I actually get angry when people like it or any of it's shitty characters and their shoehorned corny cringe interactions.

Not really. Although its not that she's not the same character and more of just what they chose to cut and how they chose to shorten things that lends itself to being misunderstood. After her episode she seems to stop giving Subaru shit about stuff, but she never does, they just cut most of the opportunities where she would do it normally. Also cutting her 'prank' after the whale leaves the impression she just sort of gave up when she did nothing of the sort.

No, your mother is garbage for not aborting you.

I can say without a doubt that anime rem and LN rem are so distinct you could practically consider them 2 different characters.

I think LN Rem may actually have more scenes where she insults Subaru, not less. The sidestories and backstories also show more of the way she can casually do some pretty fucked up shit.

The whole "faking your death" to force a confession out of someone isn't something anime Rem would do. LN Rem still has that more selfish streak. She seizes her opportunity when it presents itself.

You'd be surprised

wait? there's side story?

>We fill never see Subaru try to indulge in Rem's fan-girl hobbies

grimdark=/=realistic

At least in the anime, plus they can always OVA those. Maybe we will finally see Subaru act like a proper villainous protagonist like he is supposed to be too

can we stop this reddit:Zero faggotry Just discus the other character in OP image pls

>reddit:Zero
I don't think we can call it that when pic related is an user.

I wouldn't call him villanous, he just doesn't have a moral compass when executing things at times and is good company for Witches and whatnot. At least he hasn't done anything worse than trying to manipulate an old man mourning for his dead wife.

Subaru does enjoy Rem's backhanded compliments though, right? Is he perhaps a masochist?

Half, half. He enjoys Ram's direct banter more because its easy to counter and handle, Rem on the other hand he has difficulty with because of its roundabout nature.

Not really, he usually complains about it or tries to pet her head to keep her from continuing. Really probably shouldn't reward her for a behavior he doesn't want, it sends sorta the wrong message.

So as a random thought, as of the current state of the world, Ram stupidly agreed to help Subaru invent some dumb food for no reason, basically had to invent it for him, and then became obligated to make it for the entire mansion all the time and she doesn't even like it. No wonder she rides his ass into the ground.

There are some slice-of-life chapters. Rem tends to give him backhanded compliments and tease him about shit, as well as stalk him a bit and watch him while he sleeps.
She should introduce him to her favorite picturebooks and stories. It'd be nice to have a post-coma sidestory where he just hangs out with Rem and tries to learn more about her.
He tried to trick the girl who loved him into unknowingly abandoning her sister. He sicced a guy's clone grandmas on him to restrain him.

Well that and due to him setting the mansion on fire after trying to burn Guiltyraw alive and using it to kill Elsa.

>post-coma sidestory
implying

Using Lewes to restrain Gaaf wasn't even the villainous part, it was when he used her as a meat shield against her own grandson.

We have a vision of the future where Rem talks, and no one has commented on her speech mannerisms being off.

That implies coming back with her memories is possible.

>At least he hasn't done anything worse

There is always ayamatsu

IF doesn't count

>We have a vision of the future where Rem talks
Wait which one? If she did it must've gone over my head.

>???:
>—In the final world of light, a girl that Emilia has never seen awake and speaking talks.
That's Rem.

It was literally the last one, the most important one since it answered a question Emilia had and the only one that specified who exactly was talking.

Hinata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit (You) > rem

Reminder this was the girl Subaru fell in love with

That could be Reinhard's mom.

you shut the fuck up about my waifu, Rem, lenn, Linn, Lenny, Remmy, or lesbian, or which ever one she is. that bitch is the only reason I even watched Re:Zero, because of her cool design, and mellow attitude. I watched that show and got instantly bored: Rem Kept me invested. None of you sympathize with my struggle!

Are you literally retarded?

I doubt it considering Emilia's response
>I'd like to have a proper conversation with her, she thinks.
Indicates its Rem, as she has been meaning to do so for some time since the middle of arc 2.

The fuck you mean? Reinhard's mom is also in coma and can neither wake up nor talk. That could totally be her.

Rem is TRASH
Emilia>>>>>Shit stain on your carpet>>>>>>>>>>>>(you)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Death>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ram>>>>>>>>Rem

Emilia has never met Reinhardt's mom, nor is there any evidence to support this.

Emilia has never met Reinhard's mom, she has seen her neither asleep or awake. Reinhard's mom presumably does not speak like a servant. Emilia would be more like 'man, I better find this random person I've never seen before and then talk to them' as opposed to 'man, I sure would like to actually talk to this person if they were awake'

What the heck even is a one dimensional character anyways?

Emilia doesn't even know anything about Reinhard's mom. Stop being retarded. Also, I'm pretty sure the voice uses Rem's speech mannerisms, which would imply Rem also has her memories since that was a learned trait.

ITS A LINE NIGGA, HOW MANY TIMES I GOTTA SAY THIS!?

>watch re:zero
>they never explain why he goes to that world
>or why the witch gave him immortality
>or why he cannot talk about it
>or why sometimes he have super human strength or stamina
>or why roswall is under used and they never explain why would he help a half-elf
>or for whom the bowel hunter worked
>or why the fifth girl was felt

I liked the mexican novel parts though, pretty fun

ay lmao

a character who lacks depth and who never seems to learn or grow.

>The term one-dimensional character in a book review refers to a character who lacks depth and who never seems to learn or grow. If a character is one-dimensional, he or she does not demonstrate a sense of learning in the course of a story.

That or the character plays one tone being having a flat personality rather than a core personality. The character does not show anything other than his character.
I'll try to explain it without spoiling
Bete, perfect vessel.
Perfect vessel
This is common sense, its like having someone who is vital to your plans spouting about it on a megaphone, you need them silenced somehow but keep them alive.
Literally when
>>or why roswall is under used and they never explain why would he help a half-elf
King candidacy, killing dragon, shady shit. Literally the end of episode 11.
You don't wanna know
Insignia glowed red at episode 3 it means she's from a royal bloodline poorly explained in episode 13.

like elmo?

I assume it's a character who only has one side to their character.
>watch re:zero
First mistake.
He doesn't know. Probably the Witch.
They cut the dream sequences with her. She knows him somehow.
She doesn't want people to know. Subaru even suspects he was given a subconscious aversion to thinking about his powers.
He doesn't. He just lifts a lot.
>or why roswall is under used and they never explain why would he help a half-elf
He's got a keikaku. Anime cuts scenes which show he's clearly fucking with everyone somehow
Roswaal
The insignia glowed in her hand, so she's one of the prophesied candidates. Also, a Princess was kidnapped 14 years ago, and she looks just like the royal family.

>Insignia glowed red at episode 3 it means she's from a royal bloodline poorly explained in episode 13.
Nah, just a candidate. The touchstone glows for Emilia and the others as well. Dragon wants dat pussy for whatever reason.

I mean, there is a reason why Fourier and her look similar.

I didn't mean she wasn't probably a royal, but the touchstone doesn't glow because she is.

The WN directly spells this out. Reinhard pretty much tells everyone he's 99% sure he found Prince Ford's long lost daughter, while everyone bitches at him for bringing in an urchin girl.

Why would a neet faggot be a perfect vessel?

Why did they cut everything about roswall if he's a central figure and probably the only one with a play? And why would he wants to kill the dragon?

Subaru clearly can lift a huge dog and impale him, he can also catch girls falling from the sky like it's nothing, he can too carry girls while running like the are a sack of air fried potatoes. Oh, and don't forget that he can be send to the sky and stay on top of a giant monster whale.

They NEVER said anything about the bowel hunter working for roswall, where did you guys got this information?

>They NEVER said anything about the bowel hunter working for roswall, where did you guys got this information?
Gee, its almost like its adapted from some source.

Subaru was specifically mentioned to be relatively fit, he's strong like just about any other anime character, but he's bottom of the barrel in the world he's in.

>Why did they cut everything about roswall if he's a central figure and probably the only one with a play? And why would he wants to kill the dragon?
They didn't. He wants to kill the dragon, you wouldn't find out why until arc 4 which is season 2 anyway.

>Why would a neet faggot be a perfect vessel?
Subaru isn't really a perfect vessel, Satella just wants his dick. We have no idea why or why she thinks she knows him. Its probably some bullshit that would only get explained at or near the end, which we are nowhere near.

>Why did they cut everything about roswall
They cut the parts where it's spelled out, like how Roswaal ordered Rem to let Subaru leave to interfere at the King Candidate meeting, and generally go along with whatever Subaru wanted to do. She was also ordered to withhold certain information until Subaru figured it out on his own, which had to do with the negotiations.

Any time Rem does something other than what Subaru asks or wants her to do, she's technically breaking her master's orders.

Arc 4 has most of the answers to your questions about Roswaal and the "perfect vessel"
Subaru is extremely compatible with everything witch related, when he kills Archbishops the source of their powers, the authorities transfer automatically to him as he's the most suitable host around he's only gotten 2, Sloth and Greed.. Not only that when he was sprayed with corrupted dragon blood from the Archbishop of Lust (the ability to shapeshift herself and other people, however certain characteristics may be corrupted such as Dragon blood), it healed his body parts and made the sprayed parts stronger..

Okay, this is where I say fuck it I can't answer these without spoiling you so I'm spoiling you.

>Why would a neet faggot be a perfect vessel?
No clue, but Subaru and Emilia have been possessed by Satella before with Emilia being wonky s the other Witches like Echidna knew who she was, Rem for some reason acts as Satella repellent before she got her soul eaten. Al is also implied to be a vessel too because he also got isekai'd which the anime cut out but he revealed to Subaru in arc 3, and there have been implications of others that also have been isekai'd before him, because Satella is a slut.

>Why did they cut everything about roswall if he's a central figure and probably the only one with a play?
Because the anime rushed the ever-living fuck out of arcs 1-3 due to time constraints.
>And why would he wants to kill the dragon?
Probably for revenge and to revive his witchfu waifu Echidna.
>Subaru clearly can lift a huge dog and impale him, he can also catch girls falling from the sky like it's nothing, he can too carry girls while running like the are a sack of air fried potatoes.
Ulgrams and the twins down weigh too much. Subaru had a litte backstory before he got isekaid which is exploredd again in arc 4 with the first trial with him being a failed normie where him getting fit was one of his normalfag training sessions he got addicted to as a hobby being able to do a bunch of reps at 60kg and whatnot.
>Oh, and don't forget that he can be send to the sky and stay on top of a giant monster whale.
I see nothing superhuman about this, he just rode an icicle controlled by Rem to Hakugei and knows the basic human sense called balance.
>They NEVER said anything about the bowel hunter working for roswall, where did you guys got this information?
If you go to the Re:Zero thread where translations are being posted every day you'd know. We're on chapter 130 of arc 4 fully translated by the way.

He's also well liked among the 7 witches, and some of these witches are best girl material to the extent I wish this was a harem.

Subaru has lifted a barrel full of vegetables from Arlam Village to the mansion before so I dunno how this is anything superhuman

I am just starting to work out and I have nothing but admiration for how heavy Subaru can go. This guys still in highschool? He could knock out a jock with his strength

Thanks

Now for the last million dollar question: Is it worth reading?

Can't think of a more one-dimensional character. There is nothing to her other than her love for MC, which doesn't even go through any sort of arc.

He's an anime character. 'Regular' humans in anime can frequently jump incredible distances, lift heavy things for long periods of time or simply have retarded endurance. He's still basically shit, the short list of people he is stronger than is those three thugs at the beginning, Petra, and Anastasia.

Well, yeah. We've actually seen that he's able to physically overpower three muggers at once. If he's feeling edgy enough, he's actually capable of grabbing their knives and murdering the bunch. If he wasn't socially impaired, he could have been a jock himself.
If you liked the anime, you'll find the source material is better. Unfortunately, translations are a bit scattered.

I believe they explained that the reason why people are so superhuman is because of mana, if he had the same benefits he could probably punch apart boulders

Up to your and your personal tastes, but all I can say is that this series is a wild fucking ride.

Too bad he had his magic asshole broken, even then what keep Subaru moving is sheer willpower most of the time rather than retard anime strength, as everything he has done is perfectly reasonable for a normal person, expect for the willpower part.

Yes, other people like Wilhelm, which is why the old fuck can jump around like that. Subaru is just as strong as he is because he's an anime character with the at least partial excuse that he works out. Subaru's magic asshole is broken so I don't know if its even possible to use mana like other people do.

But if 2D is better than 3D, isn't 1D better than 2D?

Not really. As light as the maids probably are due to being really tiny, a regular person couldn't carry one around for long periods or throw one 30+ feet.

For waifufags certainly is, they don't like girls with character.

Reminder this man once tried to fuck a cat

What if he tries to fuck another one?

May I have the link to this thread please?

Just look up shit in the archive. Alternately, you're essentially already in one. The shitposter OP makes like 30 Re: Zero threads a day and one of them usually gets hijacked into a sort of actual thread.

Just have the pastebin
pastebin.com/u3VJggF6

Or the google link everybody hates but dared not speak of.
docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/edit#heading=h.hy3sswr3ftku

Thanks for the sperg, I really appreciate it!

Thank you for providing, I really appreciate it!

I don't think you know what sperging is

You're right, I'm just a newfag trying to blend in afterall.

They're both adorable and 2d.