I like the song.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fa_D0HfTeb0&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_9_95q8vu6o
youtube.com/watch?v=cE5HPc-O-js
twitter.com/bahijd/status/855081465461309440
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

I'm so fucking excited. PV looks great. I couldn't have hoped for a better staff for this show.

Sometimes the stars align.

This looks pretty nice. Seems the focus couples on the dance floor will be hand drawn, while the mooks are cgi.

Will be interesting to see how everything looks and sounds once the appropriate music plays during the dance scenes.

IG need new series to fill up their HQ cash. So, I'm not surprised.

Anyway, Mako a BEST.

Does anyone know if this is going to be the OP song, since it kicks fucking ass.

AOTS. Calling it early.

Is this a different song from the first PV?

I hope so. I fucking hope they use 2 Unison Square Garden songs for the OP and ED.

I hate this cut scene.
I hope they're not showing this lazy CGI too much.
But overall the animation & characters are great.

Most likely.

I think the first song they showed is actually older and I think the one from this PV is new. Not sure about the song from the 3rd PV though.

PV 1:
youtube.com/watch?v=_9_95q8vu6o

PV 3:
youtube.com/watch?v=cE5HPc-O-js

Those ayy lmao samefaces

Maybe instead of pubic hair, the unworthy contestants turn into cgi characters.

I don't think it's lazy, it's the best they can do when a bunch of couples are going to be moving at the same time, the CG actually doesn't look like complete ass and they blur it so it isn't super annoying. It's literally impossible for them to animate a bunch of couples and not make everything a complete clusterfuck. Dancing animations are tough as well.

The thick eyelashes looks a bit awkward in animation form, probably due to them using one solid colour instead of rough strokes.

I know, user. Even bahamut (with their unlimited mobage money) animate their armored knights with CGI.
I mean they can add some effect & trick to blur it out or something. Just like what IG did in ATOM OP.

I think it'll be ok. Going by the PV, our focus will usually stay on the main pair's actions. The only time the cg people will become noticeable is when you take screenshots. Unfortunately, that'll make the series a troll bonanza on Sup Forums.

>Unfortunately, that'll make the series a troll bonanza on Sup Forums.
Couldn't agree more.
I really hope the thread at least bearable. Otherwise, I'll just enjoy it alone.

Shizuku looks lovely in the dance scenes. Damn shame we won't get to see how Chinatsu looks in animated form.

ATOM is being done by OLM (which are currently using a new style of animation) and Signal. MD (their main purpose is to try out a bunch of new animation methods or whatever) and I.G are also working on it somewhere in there. ATOM is mostly an experimental project in my eyes, so I'm curious what they'll be able to learn from making the show.

Wow, I've read the manga and that fucking music doesn't fit at all. What the fuck were they thinking?

>NTR

Is this becoming mainstream now?

Are the Japanese getting desensitized to cheating?

Who NTR who?
From my point it was the MC who trying to NTR Hyoudou by stealing his girl (and he's kinda success actually).

I'm pretty sure they won't be dancing to that.

How does that not fit as an OP or ED, is your hearing that bad?

I only read a tiny bit of the manga, but this looks nice so I'll watch it

Pretty much. So far I've been getting next to no NTR vibes from this, just an abundance of YOUTH and PASSION.

There really is a manga about everything huh

Because I don't think upbeat pop song will fit a story like this in any way.

user, several routines are upbeat poppy dances. It's not all waltzes and tango.

Well I do.

Sarcasm?
Anyway, Tatara has been successfully steal Mako from her brother and Chinatsu from her lesbian girl friend.

>Sarcasm?

No. Sure, Tatara is the dude going around invading other people's territories, but there's never any focus on "oh my god, these destined lovers are getting nefariously torn apart". Tatara even fixed the relationship between Mako and her brother and Kiyoharu kinda aloof anyways and at times seems to get off on the idea of Tatara "taking care of" Shizuku, as far as dance partners go.

Like I said, a bunch of youths driven by their passions for their chosen profession. There's no romantic drama whatsoever.

But I want passion. I want fire. I want love. Not pop songs.

Not sure if I wanna pick up the manga. If it ends up being a competent adaption, I'd rather just experience the story in anime form.

Chubby girl managed to separate herself from Chinatsu on her own, long before Tatara showed up.

If you enjoy cute & gorgeous girls you should pick up the manga.

What are giraffes doing in a dancing show?

>Chubby girl
Man, I really love soft girl.

I hope she stays around. She's great fun when around Chinatsu.

T H I C C

The Atom OP is 2D animation though.

I don't think so.
I believe they use outline/line art from 3D rendering then they retouch & color it manually (hybrid kind of thing).

It's actually digital 2D animation, so the animators who worked on the OP drew on tablets instead of paper. The OP is directed by a young Austrian animator and features a mix of young and experienced animators who animate digitally.

twitter.com/bahijd/status/855081465461309440

Shame the best girl will not appear until season 2.

It's neat, though a bit too short. Love the smears and the form of dance. I hope Shinji Suetomi is going on full force for this one.

It's done by the Haikyuu team isn't it? If so, I guess we can expect much of the main animators to carry over. It would be nice if Tetsuya Nishio manages to do some key animation as well. The animators on the show must have gotten rather adept at animating body movements by now so Ballroom seems to be a great fit as their next project.

>It's done by the Haikyuu team isn't it?

Yes it is.

I think Nishio wouldn't do much, except from OP or ED. This seems like more a young animators playground rather than Dennou Coil / veteran reunion. I expect Shingo Takenaka and Shinji Suetomi will be the main dishes.

Production seems a bit rushed, but I believe it's still in the acceptable level.

Great news, and they still have until July to be sure the production quality is consistent.

I'm fucking pumped guys this is so exciting.

I can't believe it actually looks good.

there is no NTR in this show, the only close thing is a sister wanting to bang another guy than his brother

my only problem (other than the fear for CGI back done poorly) is that we won't reach Chichan

>those necks
wowie

Manga looks better, but I'm still hyped

OK fine fuck you I.G., I give up I'm hyped.

IG saving anime once again.

>managed to separate herself from Chinatsu on her own
Hardly. They separated due to rules, and then Chinatsu just quit altogether.

Ignore that poster.. retards seems to think ntr is everywhere

Still not Tatara's fault, let alone NTR. He showed up when both of them were already in quippy bitchfight mode.

yfw we won't be seeing the taming of the wild mare animated.

tfw we won't see the bath scenes animated

We might get a second season or a split cour or something.

I really hope so. The beginning is frankly my least favorite part.

Oh, okay then.

what's wrong with their necks?

It's not bad, but the later parts are so good that it makes the start look less impressive.

Who was that girl with the super thick eyelash extensions? Shizuku?

This looks great, except for one thing. Someone save their necks.

It looks amazing.

Looks pretty good

aside from the fukin long neck of course.

Not gay enough and where the fuck is Psycho Pass season 3?

Looks fabulous, I've been meaning to pick it up. Remind me, there's another tango mango being made too or am I losing track of all these friggin works of fiction? Might splurge on some dancing.

Pray your show doesn't go the way of Brave Beats.

This mangaka draws the best girls

>Not gay enough
Oh boy. Just wait in S2.

S2 better happen. I need Chinatsu.

Mako looks good.

I'll wait for another shot of her, but Mako doesn't look as good as I thought she would from that angle.

huh

The animation in the trailer looks good. The real question is whether they will able to keep it through 12-13 episodes or not.

She looks so cute in the anime, though. Compared to the other characters, Mako design is very close to her design in manga version in my opinion.

My favorite teacher.

Those necks look ridiculous.

It's already been commented on, but why did they choose to have the necks be that long for every single character? It was the first thing I noticed about the characters and I don't understand why animators thought a neck almost the 2/3rds the length of a head looked alright.

That smug face is starting to annoy me, does he have any other reaction at all?

user, he always smug & cocky for a reason. I don't want to spoil you here.

I can't tell if you're saying it gets gay, because of that one Italian twink, or that it gets even less gay, because of Akira's /u/ obsession getting blown the fuck out.

>⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
End yourself

It's a IG thing

Send this to IG

I just dunno about the character designs. They look too old, like they're all in their 20s rather than their mid-late teens. It's looking pretty decent despite that.

>best girl
She is annoying as fuck

Your taste is beyond repair.

>Those necks
Holy mother of giraffes.

>Those unrecognized characters are actually stars in phone
Ignore that guy, m8. He's one of Kyoani defender.
See