Should i become christian or buddhist

Jap here; immigrated to america when i was little
My family was kinda moderately religious; some diversion of mahayana buddhism, and i was never into religion in general. since going on Sup Forums ive become an ethno-cultural-nationalist and become to pay attention to my identity (I practice jap culture in my home but outside my home i pretty much act american.) so ive been starting to think about religion. I've been thinking of becoming a Christian, but there's also that part of me sticking with being Buddhist, for the sake of my identity. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XqgQ9g2MV_8
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Become a JEW, they control the world according to Sup Forums so like... what better religion is there???

Seriously tho, study the relgions and figure out which one is better for your identity. Personally I am anti-religion as it's fucking parasite killing humanity, so stick with Buddhism. It's not flawless, and obviously using your critical thinking is always going to be best, but for lack of a competent rational and intelligence, just do what the Gotama do.

Just realize that they're just as wrong as everyone else, just not as bad.

Become a Christian, you can practice bhuddist philosophy within Christianity

>I practice jap culture in my home
Lol what does this even mean
You sit under a kotatsu and watch shitty variety shows before wanking it to anime and going to bed?

so far i like this idea the most. i might do this
like how hitler admired muslims & was sad how the germans embraced christianity in his book, i like to stick to my identity, but if i can practice both then thats a win-win to me
anime is degenerate bullcrap no i dont watch that shit

Whatever sits atop the pinnacle of your value system is equivalent to God.

Buddhist. Don't let Christianity infect your soul, you can get all the good parts by just studying Classical Greek philosophy.

>You sit under a kotatsu
Do you fucking know how expensive those are outside of Japan?

You know the answer.

>falling for the religion meme
Become an atheist. There is no God. There is no meaning to life. You don't need some fantasy to make your life easier. It's better to embrace the truth than to live a lie.

>& was sad how the germans embraced christianity in his book
Wrong.

To further expand on this, Christianity fits neatly inside of Buddhism in a way that kinda makes it pointless to convert to Buddhism, good Christians go to the nice places in Buddhism because they do good works, your future thousandth self can deal with the whole becoming a hungry ghost.

I am God, then.

im stuck between these two answers. i guess if i stick with Buddhism and study classic greek then that would be better
ancient japan hated christians, they had a gold plate of jesus that would be placed in front of merchants to not allow christians into japan
but i guess i wouldnt be that much of a difference.
i am atheist currently, but ive decided to switch to either christianity or buddhism
i thought he did, but alright dude

Find out which one is true. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. None shall come to the father except through him.

No, I've never wanted to buy one because they're one of those stupid Japanese things people only use because they've always used them

"Why don't you just build houses with heating and insulation instead"
"..."

Shinto or become a Kekistani.

Just be yourself you imbecile. Why do you feel the need to categorize yourself? That's what women do.

Dude, just stick with Buddhism. You're japanese, no one is going to knock you for it, but still you can learn christianity, and show others you're a man of culture and understand the beliefs if you want.

Same deal, just show some appreciation. It's the universal advice, for any country or culture. So in the US, that seems normal, just like you'd want americans to be like in japan, I assume.

Its literally just a small table with a blanket bro. You could probably make one yourself for $20

Get to know philosophy behind christianity, it's much deeper than buddhism.
Then become a catholic.

Become Buddhist. But don't join a normie sect of Buddhism, do your research first.

Do not! Join the Abraham cults!

That God is simplistic and jealous. He doesn't care about you and will not allow you to acknowledge the existence of many truths.

Don't be a Christcuck don't take the jewcock.

Follow the philosophy that eliminates suffering and actually makes sense from an logical dialectical perspective.

t. Born Christian, became atheist, now Buddhist outlook on life.

>Christian philosophy
>deeper

Lmao

I always thought of Japan as an isolated Island free form Judaic influence. I would say join Shintoism since that's your cultural religion.

i forgot to mention that my family is not only mahayana buddhist but also shinto, because in Japan it's kindof a mix between those two. and no im not gonna be some shitty fucking kekistani fag
>stop thinking collectively
>t. libertarian lefty
im more compelled toward being buddhist and study christianity than being christian and studying buddhism. i think this might be good
and a heater
ill think about this too
any recommendations to begin my research?
true; i would do this but im a result of jewish immigration policies. maybe ill just move back

>papist
>in a 4th c. pseudo-Gnostic cult worshipping the Antichrist
>"find philosophy!"

>>stop thinking collectively
That's not at all what I meant. You don't need to identify as anything to walk the path of the righteous. If the only thing that stops you from not doing the right thing is "hei guise im a christian now xD" then you are already a moron beyond hope.

Become a Buddhist. Superior ethics, philosophy, and praxis. Look into Tibetan Buddhism Nyingma school. Dzogchen, the pinnacle of Nyingma teachings, is quite similar to Zen as well.

Go
Buddist
read verboten 11 essays to find out why Christianity is bad for you.
Turns out the Jews mistranslated the Bible on purpose.

true
ill try these.

Buddhists fuck kids. All religions do. Ain’t no one special.

Adopt Manichaeism.

i just googled it; its pretty much a mix of lots of religions. i appreciate the offer, but i'd like to stick to 1 religion to follow (at the most, 2)

shinto or buddhist you twat
CHRISTIANITY IS THE ULTIMATE BLUEPILL TO JEWISH SLAVEDOM

Christianity is the way. Trust me

hmmm
right now i think becoming buddhist/shinto while studying some christianity might be the best. its alright if i look at some christanity, right? as long as i were to be mainly buddhist/shinto

>ancient japan hated christians, they had a gold plate of jesus that would be placed in front of merchants to not allow christians into japan
>but i guess i wouldnt be that much of a difference.

Ancient it was not, but that also means many of your fellows were Christians, I think the number at one time may have been as high as 22-25%. Also the Northern, and Southern islands remained partly, or even mostly Christian till recent years, when the Tokyo lifestyle overtook all of Japan.

Anyway, ill be honest, do some research into Jesus Christ in Buddhism. I myself was amazed to see many Hindu, and Buddhist claiming Jesus Christ as one of their own teachers.

also, worth mentioning the Khristians of Japan, and yes thats spelled with a K, they are also known as Hidden Christians. Sadly, in order to survive many had to merge their beliefs with Buddhism. Still, its 100% Japanese Christianity.

Good luck user, I hope you can be the bridge between West, and East.

You have to go back gook

Good night user. I'm not expert in the matter but this question seems way more complex than what you are looking for. You are looking for an answer for identity in religion and the mysteries of faith. And I don't blame you, as you can see, everyone in this thread is making the same mistake of talking about their religions as if these were sports teams. Identity is something you can only find by yourself examining your past, present and future. Your peoples history's, your own actions, and goals for your descendants. Some people take little time to build an identity, some years, and even then as human beings we continue redifining this concept of ourselves through time.

My advice, spend more time with your family and people. Hear them out, what are their worries and their dreams. How these differ from others and your own. Then do read, as much as you can, from the classics to maquiavello and evola. In time you will learn many things about yourself and the world. Hint: Don't be afraid to use others as a mirror.

Once you figure out your past and present is way more easy to make a choice about your future, don't you think?

Also don't listen to atheist, they are a bunch of degenerate faggots at the end of the day.

ill think about your input user
to be honest im thinking about this unironically. im still technically a japanese national; i was thinking of getting naturalized as an america recently but now i have these thoughts
I really like this answer. I just might do this instead. good night bean-on

I don't believe there should be many conflicts between Christian and Buddhist doctrine as ways of life. I have heard that they even complement nicely. They will start a friction when studying theology tho.

Become a stoicism and bring back the European wolf/bear cult

>ancient japan hated Christians

Those weren't Christians. They were Jesuits, who were to sent to your ancestors' nation to overthrow it to present it to the Pope. English and Dutch "Protestant" Christians helped the Nobunaga successors to kick the insurrectionist Jesuits out, and thus were made somewhat of Japanese allies during the Sakoku era. See/read pic related.

Biblical Christianity and its God is the factual reality. See/read "The Case for Christ" by former atheist attorney for a strong presentation of the evidence. youtube.com/watch?v=XqgQ9g2MV_8

yeah i definitely heard that buddhism/christianity are sort of similar.

Thank you for all your input into this thread. Its getting really late here (2:37 AM (live in western washington (i want to move out))) so ill go to sleep. Just in case, I'll check when i wake up to see if i get more posts, but I dont think there will be.

Night guys, you guys are the only true friends ill have.

will definitely look into this

>but there's also that part of me sticking with being Buddhist, for the sake of my identity

Japan isn't a Buddhist country and Buddhism isn't part of the Japanese "identity". The overwhelmingly vast majority of Japanese people follow a "folk religion" which incorporates various aspects of Daoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, and Shintoism. They visit Shinto shrines and keep Shinto altars in their homes, visit Buddhist temples, and venerate their ancestors.

I lived in Japan in my early twenties and I was always confused when Japanese people would tell me their religion was "Buddhism". I then realized that this was the closest thing they had that a foreigner would recognize as a religion, so for the sake of simplicity, they would just tell me they're Buddhist. Then I conducted a little experiment: If they told me they were Buddhist, I would ask if they did things or kept certain things in their homes which were strictly part of Shintoism. They would always say they did and that's when I studied religion in Japan a bit more deeply and realized it's just like in Korea and China: Being Japanese in and of itself is a religion, they follow a "folk religion" which is a blending of the Doaist, Confucian, Buddhist, and Shinto teachings along with primitive practices of ancestor worship.

There are East Asian countries which strictly follow Buddhism and nothing else, but Japan is definitely not one of them.

My advice would be to just behave like your average Japanese and follow the syncretic "folk religion" of your people.

Glad I could be of help. Will think of you next time I pray and meditate, tempura-non.

Fuck you too pal.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Rest well! Nothing like anonymous camaraderie, right?

Keiken#3983
My discord if you or any other user wish to discuss more about this topics.

Sounds good user. Take care, and God bless.

I thought shinto was the default jap religion?