*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2dF-tFfwpQI
mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-update-streaming-pirated-video-10305875
ip-watch.org/2017/04/28/european-court-justice-tightens-screws-streaming/
theverge.com/2017/4/26/15433342/eu-court-of-justice-filmspeler-kodi-piracy-box-ruling
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck do we do now

Report and hide.

>dissolving
I swim in it to get past it
I hope USA gets to fedexit as well

In diversitate concordia!

>2017
>watching anime

Better find a new hobby. We sinking ship now.

you shall not pass

our here is already here to end you

>implying the EU had anything to do with this debacle

>manchildren discussing politics

I've been seeing this but I don't know exactly what's happening? Are they banning anime in Europe or something?

€0.02 has been disposited into your account

wish that would work with the EU

Guess.
youtube.com/watch?v=2dF-tFfwpQI

>mobile poster
>dump
POETRY

No, they're just passing a mandate to give Draconian sentences to people who provide illegal links. Nyaa hit the panic button and ran away.

good goy

No some fag streamed Game of Thrones and they passed a law that made it possible to give you 10 fucking years in prison for so much as LINKING to a site that might POSSIBLY host pirated content.

So you're no longer protected if you didn't actually host the content. Nyaa's asshole puckered up so tight at the news that he had to be hospitalized.

>Remember to vote Le Pen!

Please just nuke Europe.

Source?

Can they even catch people on the internet? I know they say they can but realistically are they really going to do anything when there's far worse things happening on the internet?

I don't even see how this is a big deal because pirating anime is like the specialty of people here anyways isn't it?

>Nyaa puckered so tight, we needed surgery to get my dick out
>-Herkz
Seems legit.

mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-update-streaming-pirated-video-10305875

>While downloading an illegally copied episode of Game of Thrones or Breaki

>That's because when you stream something online, the file is stored only temporarily on your computer, and temporary copies have traditionally been exempt from copyright laws.

>However, in a landmark ruling yesterday, the Court of Justice of the European Union stated that the temporary reproduction of a copyright-protected work, obtained without the consent of the copyright holder, is NOT exempt from the "right of reproduction".

Sup Forums is more qualified to discuss politics than Sup Forums

>the temporary reproduction
You mean streaming?

>So what are you in for?
>killed a couple guys who looked at me wrong.
>what about you
>pirated some anime

Wew,

Yes.

Destroy the EU.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums are one and the same except for all the MALfags and r/anime shitters that flooded in here.

EU is the enemy of humanity.

FUCK EU
Le Pen for 2017.

I fucking hate the EU and everyone involved in it.

>EU more concerned with people streaming movies than they are with actually solving the issue of migrants streaming in unchecked

EU rulings have no real power over nation states laws then?

what anime is this

where can i find high quality

sauce me pls

Migrate to SEA or Latin America.

*brexits u*

What a time to be alive, lads. LEGAL STREAMING is a viable option during this great historic moment in history.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with torrents, it's entirely about streaming. When you download a torrent you are not storing a temporary file, you are downloading the fucking video or music or whatever, and nothing changed in that regard.
But you know, once Sup Forums start memeing about something there's no stop.

The Jew fears the Samurai.

Railgun

ip-watch.org/2017/04/28/european-court-justice-tightens-screws-streaming/
>In a judgment this week, the European Court of Justice ruled that “the sale of a multimedia player which enables films that are available illegally on the internet to be viewed easily and for free on a television screen could constitute an infringement of copyright” (C:2017:300).

theverge.com/2017/4/26/15433342/eu-court-of-justice-filmspeler-kodi-piracy-box-ruling
The European Union’s Court of Justice has ruled that selling set-top boxes specifically configured for easy film and TV piracy is illegal. In a ruling published today, the court sided against a man identified as Mr. Wullems, who sold multimedia players through the site Filmspeler.nl. While the underlying technology of the players might be legal, the ruling says, these boxes were configured in a way that promoted piracy — and the fact that they’re for streaming media instead of downloading it doesn’t make a difference.

tl;dr
Why does this matter when it concerns streaming and downloading was already illegal?

It won't be any easier for the corporate shills to catch or track down people who host streams or give links out, but I guess it's the prospect of being thrown behind bars for a whole decade on the off-chance that you are caught that's put the fear of God into some of these faggots, and that's what made them pussy out.

>Yeah, I'm getting out tomorrow.
>Lucky you. I'm still in here for another 5 years. Maybe next time I should just kill somebody instead. What a fucking world we live in.

>It also has absolutely nothing to do with torrents, it's entirely about streaming.
The principle used to justify it is the same. You're getting fucked wether you're magnet linking someone or linking to a stream.

*Teleports behind EU*

It's a fucking ruling about streaming illegal content being as bad as downloading one.

I don't get the paranoia. Nyaa shut itself up without any interference from EU and everyone pretends EU killed it. Meanwhile fucking UK has more draconian laws.

Mohadmed says Anime is Halal

As one user said
>Why would exposing a copyright owner "to even a risk of a loss" net you a worse sentence than fucking manslaughter?
>Someone could rob said copyright owner at gunpoint, steal his wallet and then later break into his house and steal the safe storing his valuables. And get less than 10 years. Even though those would be very real and actual losses, coupled with some likely actual harm and vandalism. As opposed to being exposed to some potential "risk of a loss".
we are already pass the point of no return.

How exactly is streaming anime comparable to straight up physical robbery, abuse, or even manslaughter?

It makes no sense whatsoever. So if you walk into a store and literally steal a copy of a movie. You get a slap on your wrists pretty much.
But if you stream said movie online instead, then you're meant to burn in jail for a good decade?

No.

>1. The concept of ‘communication to the public’, within the meaning of Article 3(1) of Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society, must be interpreted as covering the ______sale_______ of a multimedia player, such as that at issue in the main proceedings, on which there are pre-installed add-ons, available on the internet, containing hyperlinks to websites — that are freely accessible to the public — on which copyright-protected works have been made available to the public without the consent of the right holders.

>2. Article 5(1) and (5) of Directive 2001/29 must be interpreted as meaning that ______acts of temporary reproduction_____, on a multimedia player, such as that at issue in the main proceedings, of a copyright-protected work obtained by streaming from a website belonging to a third party offering that work without the consent of the copyright holder ________does not satisfy_________ the conditions set out in those provisions.

The newspaper is just wrong.

The judgement clearly refers to "sales of multimedia players", i.e. for-profit streaming. Nyaa is neither a streaming service, nor for-profit.

Le Pen would fuck the anime torrent too because muh france industry.

You're getting fucked whether you link to a file or a stream. What has changed is that you can't link to a stream anymore.
Torrents aren't any more or less illegal than before.

>How exactly is streaming anime comparable to straight up physical robbery, abuse, or even manslaughter?

user copyright infringement isn't comparable to those at all. It's a far far FAR worse crime. You get less time in prison for raping children in the EU (if you're a Muslim).

I'm surprised they haven't attempted a death penalty for it.

EU is retarded no news here
Now fuck off back to your shithole Sup Forumstards.

*immigrates behind*

Heh...Allahu Ackbar kid. KABOOOOM

>How exactly is streaming anime comparable to straight up physical robbery, abuse, or even manslaughter?
None of those are as harmful to their precious shekels as piracy/streaming is.

More like nyaa teleported away before EU tried blocking.

Most of paranoia must be because since they ruled that streaming content illegally isn't legally grey then torrenting that follows similar principle (no illegal files on my servers, just links on how to obtain illegal files) could be shut down, except nobody cares about anime.

Europeans are fucking autistic.

Basically. The rulings are only binding for the particular case they were required to weight in on, since they take the context into account when interpreting the law. They could give a different ruling in another context (for example, if it wasn't for profit, since the court said it "wasn't irrelevant")

JESUS, YOU ARE GETTING EVERYTHING POSTED YESTERDAY MIXED UP AND EVEN THE BASIC FACTS WRONG.

Between last Friday and yesterday there were THREE different habbenings, none of which have to do with each other.

The UK introducing 10 year sentences for piracy doesn't have anything to do with the EU.
The EU stating that selling streaming services for profit while not holding the copyright of the works shown doesn't have anything to do with the 10 year sentences.
The US trying to kill piracy in Canada and Switzerland doesn't have to do with either of those.

*teleports bomb to Iraq*
heh, nothin personel kidd

Only the power of truck-kun can save us from this evil.

Time for hiro to ban yuro IPs so they don't discover Sup Forums and try to get it shut down as well.

I gotchu senpai

Call a referendum.

>He thinks it's Iraq

Knock knock

Have a (EU)