So I've been watching a video about Ukrainian restaurant in New York...

So I've been watching a video about Ukrainian restaurant in New York. They specialize in Eastern European kind of dumplings called pierogi in Polish and varenyky in Ukrainian. The owner was quite neutral calling it an Eastern European dish, because several countries have it in their cuisine. And it's very popular both in Ukraine and Poland. And if you actually look up an origin of the dish, then it's disputed. You can't say it is a Polish or a Ukrainian dish. Most probably like all other dumpling-style dishes, it came from China originally.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi#Origin_legends
>The origins of pierogi are disputed. Some legends say that pierogi came from China through Italy from Marco Polo's expeditions. Others contend that pierogi were brought to Poland by Saint Hyacinth of Poland, who brought them back from Kiev (the center of Kievan Rus', nowadays the capital of Ukraine). On July 13, 1238, Saint Hyacinth visited Kościelec, and on his visit, a storm destroyed all crops; Hyacinth told everyone to pray and by the next day, crops rose back up. As a sign of gratitude, people made pierogi from those crops for Saint Hyacinth. Another legend states that Saint Hyacinth fed the people with pierogi during a famine caused by an invasion by the Tatars in 1241. Yet another legend that holds that pierogi were brought by the Tatars to the West from the former Russian Empire, it has been said that in the 13th century, pierogi had first arrived on Polish territories. None of these legends is supported by the etymological origin of the root pirŭ- from the proto-Slavic for "feast".

But noooo. Look at all those comments. A bunch of polacks screeching >PIEROGI ARE POLISH >THERE WOULD NEVER BE A UKRAINE WITHOUT POLAND
Good God, it's just a video about food. But you had to make it political and about yourself. You are even more buttblasted than ruskies.
youtube.com/watch?v=YVnK7Ir6huU

Other urls found in this thread:

jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-Features/At-Putins-side-an-army-of-Jewish-billionaires
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

be quiet buffer zone

Well, if they date as a dish back to XIII century then they can't be Ukrainian.
It's a simple fact.

There are people who need what a pierogi is explained to them?

So if it came to Poland from Kievan Rus', then how do you call it???

eastern european you retard, it's in the article you posted

pirogis are pretty fuggin tasty

I'm not saying they should be called Ukrainian. Eastern European is exactly right. But Poles are screeching about calling it exclusively a Polish dish.

>Kievan Rus was a loose federation of East Slavic tribes in Europe from the late 9th to the mid-13th century, under the reign of the Rurik dynasty.

Either East European or Russian.

Italians call them "ravioli."

So esentially you are butthurt at polish butthurt?
thats some meta butthurt user

Chebureki is made from subaca

Go back to China

Wrong, its called pelmeni

Everything boils down for them to insulting my country and national identity.

And here i was thinking wodka was the national dish of Eastern-Europe...

How am I supposed to take it and not react?
Wrong, pelmeni is with meat and have a different shape. Russians call dumplings with mashed potato, cheese filling varenyky, too.

Country 404.

There's no such nation as "Ukrainian". Decide whatever you're Polish or Russian.

pierogi is polish as far as i know

Whatever you say, Chang.

>be pollack
>have invented nothing substantial throughout entire history of my country
>falsely claim the invention of shitty irrelevant dishes or drinks
>where it's convenient, claim that jews with polish jew ancestry were full blooded poles because I want pollacks to take credit for their achievements
>other polish jews are just jews though
>we wuz hussars
>we wuz szlachta
>likely descended from peasants (majority of population till 20th century) with possible jewish admixture (in late 18th century poland had the largest population of kikes in the world, was one of the largest in second polish republic)
I fucking hate my country

Looks like ravioli

the owner said it was jew food

what does tiger means on such pictures ?

If you take into account that Poland is a country with a thousand years of history and Ukraine is a shitty noncountry, with some cossak shit going on in the past near Crimea and not having any national identity until XX century (inb4 Chmielnicki, he didn't have an Ukraine in mind, he though about cosacks)

Then you can easily see where some old dish might originate from

You piece of shit

Kievan RUS was more Russia than Ukraine you stupid idiot

Just look at it through orthodox church history and where it is now in Ukraine and how easily you can track the byzantine kievan RUS church to modern Russian orthodox church.

Ukraine is a noncountry and deal with it

And get the fuck off from Poland through the shitty Ukrainian border you came from

You can leave your Ukrainian women here though, I heard one in the tram few days ago talking about with one guy how she doesn't want to go back to Ukraine because Poland is so western

She wanted his polish dick so bad

like an adult

>only true knowledge is on Sup Forums, i know because im edgy
go brainwash yourself some more

Well, fuck you, too.

I'm not defending that hohol but if you weren't such a massive fucking potato peasant brainlet you'd have thought twice before posting the same bullshit pollacks have been perpetuating since they began shitting up the internet.
Pierogi, as a dish, have a fucking untraceable origin. They COULD have a polish origin but there's an equal chance they're russian, lithuanian or even hungarian. Hell maybe they were brought to europe from somewhere else altogether

What is so bad about peasant descendance? Peasants made it so that poland could built itself up on grainexport.
They preserved culture and language in its more archaic form for the cities to built on until their influence was outlifed by peasants again. Peasants were hard K-selected motherfuckers.
Also jews are autistic about not mixing, if there is admixture then not so much.

Poles are the worst nationalists, they're insanely autistic and insecure about everything. Constantly lie and lie.
T. Lithuanian.
I know the Pole very well.

TFW some Polish subhumans calls varenniki as pierogy.
Poltards, pierogies cooked only in oven, not in the water.

It is mongol turk dish. Everything slav(e) have done is because mongol turk scourge. Your national dish is roach kibble

XaXaXa

This is pirogi.

Yes Yes I agree it might have russian, Hungarian or Lithuanian origin

BUT NOT UKRAINIAN BECAUSE IT'S A SHIT NONCOUNTRY WITH NO HISTORY OF REAL EXISTENCE BEFORE STALIN SHIT IT OUT ONTO THE MAP

Did you change your flag recently Lithuania

I think it's a cultural memory of European Feudalism, under serfdom, Peasants were pretty much slaves, property.
In Far East, China and Japan, Peasants were second or third in the natural hierarchy of people so they have no such hangups.

True

They are confusing them with kaldunai (pelmeni in russian).

Anyway, Cepelinai (a traditional Lithuanian dish) is superior to all dumplings.

Before that, why did you bombed our airplane? Ukraine shit fucks

I guess we can agree on something for once

Пиpoжки этo нe пиpoги cyкa, тaк кaк cтyл этo пo пoлcки кpecлo a нe вeщь нa кoтopoй ты пoлoжиш нa пpимep пepoги

He тpoлyйтe

Not much, in one of the original russian propaganda pictures, two russia balls are boasting about "russia is so big it has everything, even tigers" with one of those goofy tiger balls in the picture

My gf is Polish and I ate a lot of pierogi believe me they are similar but I wouldn't consider them the same dish desu senpai.

This 2bqh.

empanadas

Пoляки кaк вceгдa вce изгaдят, вывepнyт нaизнaнкy и нaзoвyт этo нacтoящим языкoм и дpeвнeйшeй cлaвянcкoй кyльтypoй. Пидopы тaтapoлицыe.

If you don't eat this soup, you are low test.
This is high test food lads.

Your national identity was artificially formed. Your language is basically bastardised Russian with some artificially implanted Polish words.

>muh dick
Gosh, slavs really are white niggers

Veselka is great

National what?

Are you stupid? It was russians...

Stop bullying Ukrainians, Vladimir Vladimirovich.

it was you, there's no reason for russia to bomb a Malaysia plane that looks like the russia's presidential plane.
When are you going to pay the money to the victim's families?

Ukraine doesn't exist mate.

How does it make you feel balt boy? Did you know that Baltic women have kiełbasa receptors in their vaginas? Keep shitposting angrily when we fuck your women with our superior Slavic dicks.

I'm not saying one should be particularly ashamed of having peasant ancestry, but there isn't really anything to brag about either. True, the entire economy depended on their labor, but their true strength was in millions. Individually they were merely slaves. Serfdom meant they were milked for resources till there's barely anything left for themselves so they would constantly starve. They suffered terribly during times of war (either because of conscription which would turn them into literal cannon fodder or by having their villages pillaged by invaders). There's also hardly any significant peasant historical figures.
Polish nationalists often brag about the achievements of polish nobility while they most likely have peasant ancestry.

I don't get all the Polish dick sucking on this site. I like what they are doing in terms of standing up to Merkel on the migrant issue but they have the biggest victim and inferiority complex this side of the Jews, very insecure.

> op not realising that Poland and Ukraine was all CCCP at one point.

We own your shitty country as well you stinky russian syka blat zyibal.

"AT PUTIN'S SIDE, AN ARMY OF JEWISH BILLIONAIRES"
jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-Features/At-Putins-side-an-army-of-Jewish-billionaires

You should be proud, that despite all their hardship and suffering, they gave you the gift of life. Now you have the opportunity for achieving a better life. Thank them for it and get on with it.

Just take a minute to think about what their geographic position means for them. Just take a look at their country. They are between a hammer and an anvil, if shit goes down they will be the first to suffer, no matter who they ally themselves with. Feels bad man.

Poland was not in USSR.

Are all soups with egg in it high test food?

why is your country a shithole even by subsaharan standards?

fuck this shit is good, second favourite soup after solyanka

Don't worry user, I don't understand the hate against your country in general but be sure that a lot of nationalists are behind you.
Cлaвa yкpaинe !

The fuckers keep bring it upon themselves, tho:

>Gain Independence
>Nationalists take over
>Piss off neighbours
>Ally with far away power
>Get attacked by vengeful neighbours
>Get partitioned
>Screech about injustice
>Gain independence
>Nationalists take over

Actually, a good part of Sup Forums, especially Germans and Brit/pol/ do not like Poles. Huh, strange, right?

That's a good soup, my polish ex used to make it for me.

It's just like saying that spaghetti isn't Italian because the Chinese invented pasta. There's a huge difference between Italian pasta and Chinese pasta. Have you ever seen Chinese dumplings? They're small and stuffed with other kind of things than the Polish ones. It's not the same dish. When we were eating dumplings Ukraine didn't even exist, stop crying you moronic slave.

>needing to travel to China to figure out putting meat, potatoes, and spices in thin dough and cooking it makes decent finger food

I used to have these with sour cream, fried onions, and bacon bits every Friday. My stepdad was a Canadian and his parents were from the Ukraine. Sadly the leaf has cast me aside and I now roam the open waves in search of a country that will take me in.

>overcooking the living fuck out of the egg

ETERNAL PLUMBER STRIKES AGAIN

I met some Poles here, had a drink with them, and it took like 30 minutes before they started asking me about a certain poet, and whether I thought he was Lithuanian, Polish, or Belorussian... If that isn't autism, I don't know what is.

What's that squeal? Oh, its pooland with it's insecurities. See you in the restaurant "for poles and dogs".

go check out hummus

same nonsense.

Or when people say Italians invented pizza when they in fact invented burnt dough with balls of curdled cheese thrown on top and pizza was invented in New York

But Italians invented pasta on their own. It didn't came there from China.
And Poles didn't came up with pierogi on their own, it's a borrowed dish basically. Just like everybody else in Eastern Europe borrowed it. And this is just a retarded argument about Ukraine not existing. Ukraine didn't exist as an independent country, sure. But Ukrainian people and nation existed for a long time. And claim this dish as their own same way as Poles. So it's stupid to call it a Polish dish, it's an Eastern Euro dish.

You can't even speak with facts. Literally no arguments. I have the right to insult you because at least I said something smart. What about you? Will you keep showing the world who Ukrainians truly are? Fucking subhumans without logical thinking skills? Get out your people from Poland. They're too fucking stupid to learn any language except their own one which is a bad copy of Russian.

give back delicious pierogies NOW

>If you don't eat this soup, you are low test.
>This is high test food lads.

no, but this is. dewit. dewitnow

>But Italians invented pasta on their own. It didn't came there from China.

Shut up you jew

>country
Come on now

Is that website legit?
I'm actually planning to roid after I squat 250kg natty and will need some good shit. 20kg to go.

True story, once I went to Poland for dumplings and my aspie brother asked for chinese chopsticks. The owner wasn't amused.

>I went to Poland for dumplings
don't you have better things to do with your time manolo?

>IIII stronk! U STUPID!
That is why you are THE niggers of Europe, lol.

Should have just found a Polish woman in Spain and got her to make you some. They all know how to cook.

I'm not from Spain, I'm in Barcelona to taste the cocido.

>I'm in Barcelona to taste the cocido.
FUCK YOU

This is where you are wrong.
>Marco Polo, the great Venetian explorer/merchant brought back with him from his fabled visits to China, noodles, which became the pasta that Italy is famed for today.
>No one was talking about Ukraine then. People who lived in the area had no nation identify. They were cossacks, Lithuanians and some tribes. So no, Ukraine didn't exist not only as a nation but also as the people.

The way you speak and the way you try so hard to interact with others just points out how dumb you are.
Guy pointed out a lot of stuff related to topic and you? You Did nothing...
Just go away

Finnish (Karelian) pirogs are vastly superior to that pig snout filled asbestos dough that you call food.

thats some flat as shit pilmeni