Tsugumomo Thread

So, I know I'm like 5 years late. But this is really quite a good manga. I'm just wondering if my speculations are correct or not, and if we've gotten raws for volumes 17 and up, or chapters past 97.

Is Kazuya acting all differently, like being battle hungry and making really scary faces, due to the Kukuri's seal being released? Is that the original Kazuya personality, the one that made amasogi for fun? And is the one that all the girls fell in love with someone totally different that's gone now? Will Kyouka change Kazuya into more of an anti-hero since she has a dark, sadistic side too?

Azami's mourning dress was already transformed into an amasogi after the funeral, right? That's why Kazuya trying to turn it into an amasogi to train against didn't work, right? And why it was able to easily defeat and absorb Azami?

The dark spirit that infected Kanaka and cursed Kazuya with his extreme spiritual abilities was the god that Mayoiga killed, obviously. Is she supposed to be a major deity in Japanese mythology though? Or did being a curse for 1000 years just make it that strong?

Kyouka is only going to be a temporary partner to Kazuya, right? He already promised Kiriha that she'd be the only tsugumomo he'd use for as long as he lived, and her bits are still around. Since Kazuya has the ability to create tsugumomo, couldn't he just remake her by pouring in spiritual power to the remains?

And why do people like Flute so much? So far, all she's done is act tsun towards Kazuya, rape girls, and torture Kokuyou. Even Sunao is better.

Other urls found in this thread:

tsugumo.moe/tsugumomo-chapter-97-5-release/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's in his nature because of his innate talent.
I think she'll work against it, she might not survive that.

Amasogi are artificially created Tsukogami. Add enough malice and they become dangerous. I think the malice part is key.

Remenants of a spirit bearing a grudge producing malice for a millenium.

She might just die. Fix the strands with a microspope and restore the full cloth then inject spiritual energy. Might work since the parts are all still there.

>Add enough malice and they become dangerous. I think the malice part is key.
But wasn't Azami purposely made without malice? But she still had that curse smoke emerging from her head when she slept.

Most likely Flute will become a backup to Kiriha once Kiriha is inevitably revived like a mistress. Unless she goes mad with jealousy and has to be killed.

I need the soundtrack to this anime, lads. That battle theme is delicious.

I'm not sold on the anime yet. I need more fanservice.

You mean
>Inexplicable light beams!
right?

Azami is innocent. She is posessed by the cursed dress.

You have to remember, curse is neither good nor bad on it's own.

>And why do people like Flute so much?
Water sports

>And why do people like Flute so much?
Because she does what Kazuya won't.

I wanted her as soon as that panel happened.

So, since Kazuya and Sunao can both do it, does that mean they're the greatest living exorcists?

But Kazuya is starting to do it, just not to humans.

kazuya cant do it at the moment

>But Kazuya is starting to do it, just not to humans.
Not by choice he isn't.

It was probably a special case with Kazuya and Kiriha, since they'd been together for so long. Sunao was with Kotetsu from a young age too. I really hope he can't do it with Kyouka for at least 100 chapters.

>they're the greatest living exorcists?
By the standards of the Exorcist school, they're both ninth sigil, which is the highest rank possible. The strongest exorcists in the school are only 8th rank.

That's why Kazuya is kicking ass with his bare hands, he's several tiers better than almost everyone in the school.

Why was Sunao demoted from chief love interest to joke stalker?

What are the chances Tsugumomo ends before chapter 130?

very low

She doesn't know how to approach Kazuya after the mess at the shrine.

What's the latest chapter/volume? i remember the author wanted to finish by volume 20 but it's obvious he won't. Maybe 25.

Didn't the author say during volume 14 or something that he was speeding up the story to get to the end?

We have an airing anime now. Assuming it takes 26 episodes to get through the Sunao arc, 26 to get through the Kanaka flashback, and then 26 to complete the finale after Kanaka inevitably breaks out of the time lock 2 years and 6 months early, we probably have 3 years or 36 chapters left.

>author wanted to finish by volume 20 but it's obvious he won't. Maybe 25.
Why do all my favorite monthly authors want to end their series after 10 years? Kyouka doesn't have near enough development to replace Kiriha, Sunao and the other harem members have been nonexistent for years, and Kazuya is supposed to spend the next 3 years training. Why speed it up just to finish it?

I mean, I could see
>The 9 Masters Tournament is suddenly interrupted by Kanaka who escaped the hourglass super early
>Suddenly everyone has to team up and defeat her
>Kazuya delivers the finishing blow after distracting her with the pieces of Kiriha that he kept.
>Series ends with Kazuya enrolling as a student for a few years with Kyouka as his partner and the Counseling Club transferring schools.

But that would be lame.

According to Senmanga may it live a while longer yet the latest chapter was 97.5.

I don't think he will speed it up that much, it was just an estimate. He intended to finish the flashback in much less time, but he had to extend it (that's why the latter parts are a little rushed).

This is the final arc of Tsugumomo regardless, it's ending with Kanaka. Knowing when to end a series is very important.

98 was supposed to come out March 25th, so we should be on 99 by now.

>This is the final arc of Tsugumomo regardless,
Is it really the "final arc?" It's more like this is the Shippuden of Tsugumomo. The tournament is an arc in and of itself, after all.

That said, keeping in mind how he's behind schedule, I was really surprised he decided to do a tournament, which is basically stalling. Wonder why he needed that.

It's going by fast, at least.

In March was special chapter with Kiriha and Kukuri, 98 was released April 25th in nippon.

It's been a good tournament arc, unlike Souma.

It seems like he really wants to draw out the story in detail, but that he felt that dragged things on early in the series. Now, maybe he's found a good balance and we'll get another 6-8 volumes before it ends, which would put us around 25-30.

>which would put us around 25-30.
That was my estimate even during the flashback arc. Seems a good amount of pages to finish it.

Did someone dump raws on Sup Forums?

For that you need someone to buy magazine and scan it. Or wait until digital ravs become available (after 10th).

The first half was about 13 volumes, then we got Kanaka flashbacks for 3 volumes. If it keeps the same density but moves a little faster and skimps on the relationship building and character development, Tsugumomo should end with 30 volumes.

That said, the first 13 volumes were supposedly less than 1 year in-series. Either we get major time skips, Kanaka breaks out early, or the pacing is super rushed to get through all 3 years of training.

Not even Korean scans?

No.

tsugumo.moe/tsugumomo-chapter-97-5-release/

Special chapter 0.

>Facial
Cumming confirmed.

98 raw on Tuesday.

Just as we had expected.

What are the chances that Kagashi gets stripped and has sexual relations with Kazuya? The series actually seriously lacks blondes for a manga.

He doesn't appear to want to rape either of them. Does he just have an adversarial stiffy for granny?

>Tsugumomo
I thought he already did

Next Tuesday?

I wonder if he's raping them the way he rapes Granny? Kagashi is truly the worst girl, all she does is daterape people for this old geezer.

yeah the digital raws come out on the 10th

I'm pretty sure Ms. "I would fuck my brother in the middle of the sidewalk if he asked me right there" would look more despondent and less annoyed if she had her cherry taken by Madarai.

Why did Kazuya pick Kyouko in the first place? Chikage is much stronger and is also a ginger like her, or he could've picked up Scissors and had a bro instead of a sex toy.

Are they really related or was it some sort of bonding they had since they came from the same owner?

>fighting with a real weapon
When has that worked in this entire series?

That's being related for Tsukumogami, even moreso that they appeared at the same time and are thus fraternal twins.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to fuck her brother.

>e could've picked up Scissors and had a bro instead of a sex toy
Like Kazuya wouldn't fuck the crap out of him too.

Kyouko beat Kokuyou, so he knows she's strong. And she can break individual bones, so he can use her to control a fight better than he could with Kiriha's obi.

I hope he uses her to smash every bone in Madarai's body before anybody realizes what he's done.

>I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to fuck her brother.
What the fuck? There's entire chapters devoted to Orb wanting Scissors. Did you forget Mirror's harassment and the board game?

Kyouka has badass sound powers.

Bow beat the fire god.

That spear user beat the tengu in that one crossover.

Shuriken beat a daruma.

Armor beat that one guy off-screen with the flower pot.

All the girls in this series are sluts for being forced, and that was all mirror's doing. The board game even showed that he didn't consider her a love interest, but she knew who he did love and said it.

They're literally all the same move, using the same flute. You just make a lot of noise.

>You just slap people with cloth

Cloth takes different shapes though, and can be used for attack and defence. With Flute, all Kazuya does is stand in place and blow.

Can someone post some screencaps from Yoshikadu latest stream?

You have literally never seen him fight with the Flute.

>Why did Kazuya pick Kyouko in the first place?

Plot device? to make Kazuya learn to control his energy better. He was pretty shitty at it, and only Kyouka pointed it out.

>I'm like 5 years late

I will make you a quickrundown about this manga:

1) it's a ecchi manga
2) it's a harem manga
3) it's a fighting manga with some plot

don't overanalize it. Just enjoy the lewds, support the artist and keep reading.

But you see Flute fight. And Flute always summons the same flute, the Azure Vibration Flute.

Can she make other flutes? Like a Gold Hypnotic Flute or a Crimson Piercing Flute?

We don't know. You've seen her offscreen Kokuyou, lose to Kazuya and break some doors.

hes into water sports

>don't overanalize it
These small elements can all build up on one another to culminate in a major reveal, one that could really affect the plot. Like in SZS, where we find out that Kafuka was a ghost all along and all the girls were organ recipients channeling her soul.

Maybe he's excited by the prospect of finally being the dominant one over his tsugumomo?

Yeah, and if she had other moves she'd probably have used them. She was a one-note character from the start.

She has shark teeth. She is the hottest girl in the entire series.

>Just enjoy the lewds, support the artist and keep reading.
It has a fine plot and good enough characterization to analyze it as much as you like.

By your logic Kiriha's entire moveset is limited to what she used in her first fight or two.

Kyouka does have a lot of bondage scenes.

Kiriha was different, she had a variety of moves for both attack and defense built around the shape and form of her obi.

Kyouka uses one flute to vibrate things. The focus of the vibration changes a bit, but

>1. Movement is limited
Kazuya will have a hard time moving around and dodging while also finding enough air to blow into the flute.

>2. Vibrations are easily countered
As we saw in the fight against Kazuya, you can break through and change the course of vibrations easily because they lack substance.

>3. Not enough non-lethal options
The only non-lethal technique we know that she uses is putting people to sleep, but Kazuya doesn't know how to do that. And if that's the only non-lethal move she has then it becomes easy to counter or set up situations where Kazuya can't be non-violent.

>4. Depends on esoteric skills
He has to learn to play a flute, it's not like learning origami.

>5. Ascension
What would it even look like? Would they become a walking wave of sound? Would he look like an organ man who ate the organ organ flute?

Kiriha literally only used her obi to slap around or grab in her first fight. She showed a drill at the very end, but that's it. This is the lead girl we're talking about.
Basically, your conjecture is meaningless because Kyouka can pull whatever the fuck she wants out of her ass while training with Kazuya.

She's so cute when she's scared. I want her to be bullied.

we havent seen her fight with kazuya so you're literally basing it on nothing

don't make this mistake OP, don't overaalize Tsugumomo.

Enjoy the ride

If you only let your dick read tsugumomo, your brain will miss out on a lot.

I am following the story, I just don't overanalize it.

It's not the fucking Catcher in the Rye or the Bible.

Don't overanalize it.

It's deep enough to overanalyze as you like.

Could Kiriha have faked her death the same way Azami did?

yeah she was just pretending to get stabbed to death by kanaka

I just love this picture.

Could Jesus make a Tsugumomo of his cross?

>one-note
heh

There'd be no reason for her not to come back out after Kanaka was sealed.

So what personal ability do you think Kiriha actually posesses? Everything we've seen from her have just been different applications of Fundamental abilities. And given how all of her moves were replicated by Chain-girl it's safe to say nobody, not even Crazed-Mom has ever utilized Kiriha to her full potential.

>malice
found the animefag

Azami took a long time to recover her spiritual power and take action, even though a portion of her fluttered around following Kazuya. Kiriha might simply be in hibernation in the shrine or something.

all evidence points to kiriha being a bunch of scraps in a box

Weren't her transformations personal abilities? They were based on her original form as an obi. The body wrapping was especially draining on Katsuya.

Clearly her personal ability is to be cut up and resewn back together so she can stop being a bunch of scraps in a box.

Kiriha didn't have any personal abilities. She was never able to develop them before being killed.

>Weren't her transformations personal abilities?
Actually no. Since weaving was used by the Chain user I realized that everything we've seen from her was just the clone body fundamental ability, and then she manipulated the clones into the different forms.

I doubt Jesus will do Kanchou to his disciples if they misbehave

ok, make mental gymnastics with an ecchi man. Whatever float your boat, man.

Isn't it malison?

Oh, that makes sense.

Remember when Kazuya's school friends got pseudo-tsugumomo through the charms? What was that all about? It's like what Kubo was trying to do with Ichigo's friends only it still didn't go anywhere after being flashy.