Immigrant Labor General

>In 2006, 77 percent of all US farm workers were foreign born.
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/01/29/the-u-s-is-running-out-of-farm-workers-immigration-reform-may-not-help/

If the flow of immigration from the south stopped and deportation removed the existing population of illegal immigrants in the US, would you be willing to work in agriculture? Under what conditions would you be willing to be a farm hand (wages, hours etc)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e_qlQD8QjKA
youtube.com/watch?v=4DMylpQqVKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you even read the article? The solutions is the same here in aus, farm machinery and use backpackers for the rest.

I don't think backpackers are going to pick up the slack. I'm not arguing in favor of immigration here, I just want to gage the willingness of anons to work outdoors in a vital industry.

I'm willing to work on designing, programming and maintaining agricultural robots. Besides, higher fruit prices are a small price to pay for preventing the infinite and eternal flow of retarded subhuman shitskins into the country.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_qlQD8QjKA

Okay, but what would it take for a US citizen to work in the dirt? Federal minimum wage?

We'll need to fill the gap before farming automation technologies are proven and reliable.

Shill general. Sage

Fair wages, along with conscripted prison labor, that should hold it over until further automation is a achieved, which will happen regardless eventually, but at least that way we won't be stuck with a gorillion unemployable shitskins in the near future.

Companies give preferential treatment to hispanic immigrant workers. They bring them over and give them very basic housing and transportation. In exchange they basically control them, they are guaranteed to stay a season and almost certainly return and work hard for their wage.

If companies gave a shit about their community and country they could offer respectable job positions which would absolutely be filled by Americans.

These companies are just as much to blame for the immigration crisis as the government. They've been importing immigrants non-stop with total disregard for their country. Companies have sort of become their own countries in that sense, they have total allegiance to themselves, allegiance to their community is not on the list.

Don't liberals always say "if you can't pay a living wage you shouldn't be in business in the first place"?

Some industries may simply be unviable in a majory white country. Cheap, high-volume fruit farming may be one of them. If these farmers want cheap labor, they should consider relocating to the third world, rather than relocating the third world to us.

This is also an issue with multi national farming companies buying family farms. We already have gps farm equipment that can plow and harvest without a driver, however even that is drives price down. You have to compete as a farmer, and most of these companies have all of the best equipment, driving the price of crops way down. The days of mom and pop farms are over unless these companies are taken care of.

I guarantee you could convince dumbass Americans to do farm work if you framed it as the next workout craze. It's like crossfit but you pick delicious vegetables and get paid for it!

Not really. My family was in agriculture until the dustbowl. I'd like to see Americans fill farming roles again. I'd work in farm labor myself if it paid a living wage. My family shifted to manufacturing and maintenance after the bottom fell out of farming, I wonder how many you have a similar story.

My family still ranch.

then
>who will pick the cotton??
now
>who will pick the whatever

>If these farmers want cheap labor, they should consider relocating to the third world, rather than relocating the third world to us.

Fucking brilliant line, great soundbite potential. Consider a career in comms.

what would it take to get a US citizen to go into a coal mine?

maybe liberals are too stupid to live

In 1979 average wage for picking tomatos was 3.75$/hr or 12.35 $/hr now. They were pushing for 5.25$/hr or 17.70$/hr now before immigration became an issue. So likely that much.

Agreed. There would still be a demand for locally grown products which could fetch a higher price, that role could be filled by smaller farms.

>deportation
Answer the fucking question OP posed, you coward. I'll do it for you:
>I'm a worthless faggot who wouldn't touch a tomato plant with a 20 ft. pole and at least $25 hr.
>I also like to shit on immigrants but boy I sure do love cheap labor and low produce prices
Kys you fucking cancer.

They're hypocrites and logic doesn't matter to them.

>that role could be filled by smaller farms.
I don't think America is truly serviced by having enormous chicken farms that you can smell for miles and miles. We need to return to the smallest local unit we can and rebuild from there.

So smaller farms could compete in an enicronment with higher farm wages, like it destroys the economies of scale the corpfarms rely on?

People on welfare should be out there earning their keep but you all know they wouldn't. They will call it racism.
And mexicans just aren't pickers, they work in cattle, slaughter houses and dairy. Work that cream puff Americans think is beneath them. Even low iq nogs think its beneath them.

That's great, I think some branch of my family still farms in Nebraska.

Why do they have to be illegal? I dont get the left defending them being illegal.
If you genuinely need foreign workers, and they genuinely want to come to your country, then there's no reason for illegal migrations to exist

>what would it take for a us citizen to work in the dirt?
That's the wrong question. How much are farms willing to pay Americans to work in the dirt?
If you're not getting my point, it's that the workers will have significantly increased leverage with their employers.

Seems a fair wage for the difficulty of the work. We'd pay more for food, but Americans can stand to eat less.

Thats horrible. Those megafarms should either pay wages that americans will work for or go out of business.

You are absolutely correct but by keeping them illegal means paying them less with no benefits. Give them a work permit and wages go up.

Most people could keep a few chickens in their yards too, it's not hard to provide yourself and neighbors with eggs.

This. i would eat less and pay more, proudly, if I knew it keeping another american working over pajeet/jose

aquaponics, farm at home. Jews and illegals loose.
youtube.com/watch?v=4DMylpQqVKI

Maybe that's a point to be used in closing the doors on immigration.

>cut welfare
>niggers do it like they should or starve, win-win
Or buy machinery. I seriously don't really care if produce prices go up, I'll plant a garden which I should do anyway.

God forbid we pay them a fair wage. Better than importing an easily exploitable population to undercut another parasite population especially when they both vote Dem.

Monsanto makes a 1.49 billion dollar profit each year. There is more than enough surplus earnings to pay Americans a decent wage to do the work. Congress needs to crack down on these companies, break up their monopolies, go after seed trademarks, and exploiters of illegal immigrants. We aren’t talking about family farms anymore, this is a encroaching monopoly

>aquaponics

I want to try this but I really worry about killing the poor fishes.

>we’d pay more for food
This is a scare tactic they use to get away with their shitty buisiness practices.

Farmer here.
Farming is hard as fuck and involves living in an area with very few services. Most Americans and Euros are too soft to do the work. They see themselves as above it, even if they have fuck all skills

How do we make Daquan and shaquisha get out of the city and into the field

It's job of the state to prevent that. Mainly by inspecting and punishing farm owners that are caught having illegal workers.

Of course, people are idiots and wouldn't understand that the point of these kind of actions is to help immigrants. They'd see it as exact opposite.

Let me guess, Monsanto provides campaign contributions to those soft on immigration year after year?

start small. Grow herbs like basil and parsley, along with minnows or goldfish. Once you get it down, move up to bigger fish and bigger veggies.

modern white man is too fragile for such work
that is unless you force him to do that with guns
so the only solution for America is to become Stalinist country

We wuz farmers?

Yep. Right on the money. They also buy up family farms or smaller farms which are essentially contractors of Monsanto. They either buy your farm or sue you for seed infringement because they’ve spoiled the seed market with GMO patented seed. That’s right if you plant a single Monsanto seed they have a legal right to sue your ass. After sueing you they buy you out

I don't know. You won't do it so how are you better? Shovelling cow shit , operating a tractor or spraying pesticides no one will do it. Most farms run at a slight loss anyways.

On our farm we aim for a 20% profit margin. But the prices are so low that means like €4-5000. The subsidies give you a cushion. Beef should be triple the price but its kept low with government monies.

>mass automation means only educated people get jobs
>lets keep importing uneducated low IQ retards

Hard work is good, machinery and smarts can help. The snobish attitude of being above working the land is a route to society collapse.

damn right ill work. just provide sunscreen and pay in cash daily

I think the question is are consumers willing to pay extra for food.
And for the poorer people, are they even able to?
The people on EBT would riot in the streets.

>won’t do it
If farm work paid well enough and I didn’t have an education I certainly would, it’s a respectable and honest profession

Like a weanling produces 150-200 kilos meat. You will be lucky to get 4 euro/kilo at sale. I'd love to know who makes all the fucking money cause a steak costs like 10-15 euros alone.

So how do you take down Monsanto? Funny thing is, I know a lot of liberals hate them because of the GMO issue.

Offer me 30 dollars an hour and I will go toil in the sun.

Gee, maybe the solution is to allow foreign workers to come and work on farms, but without openly declaring that immigration laws will not be enforced in cities. You can do one of these things without the other.

this. I'd even move if the area was nice enough and it paid more than 12/hour

>Are people willing to pay more for food?
Yes, especially in the US amongst Gen X/Y. People already spend absurd amounts more on food for vague buzzwords.

>Are poor people able to?
Since when do poor people eat vegetables and fruits?

Thats it though. Why do you think the government pays so much grant money to farms? It keeps food prices down so we can't make money so we can't afford to pay people. Farm work is seasonal. Unless you want to milk cows? They need to be milked 2/3 times a day. You need to get up at 5 in the money rain sleet or shine.
>Honest work
Yeah tell me that when you are up to your neck in shit your fingers frozen solid t at 5 in the morning trying to milk a cow

Congress and Monsanto are in bed with eachother. The AFU has had NESARA on hold for too long. If bullets arent fired soon it may be too late for change.

Post this to futurology

i'm not willing to do field work for the price that illegals do it. but as wages rise it becomes more appealing.

We have enough legal Mexicans here already, they aren't going anywhere. We don't need a constant supply of fresh illegal immigrants to keep up with demand.

Sage

I have two friends who are farmhands, one earns clear of 70k a year driving tractors and the other earns clear of 75k pulling cow tits in a dairy.

You also have limited immigrant labor right? How much of your food is imported? Maybe Aus could be an example for the US?

Australia is ridiculous though. You have the scale to do that. Thousands of acres of shitty land. Those farm hands live on site and its easy as fuck to save money. Same as the guys working in the mines. They might also be bullshititing you. In Ireland the machine work is seasonal usually around June you can be working 20hrs a day and shit to save the hay/silage

50 dollars an hour, 40 hour work week, healthcare, 2 paid vacation weeks/paid sick days.

>why should citizens do the work? just bring in immigrants and pay them what any American wouldn't even spit for
seriously, you're part of the problem.

Most of our crop labour is backpackers doing seasonal work while they travel, working inside the potato harvester or picking broccoli etc.

>Thousands of acres of shitty land. Those farm hands live on site and its easy as fuck to save money.

I live in Tasmania, the whole state is rich soil, none of those guys live on site either theyre 30-45 minutes away from where they work.

In USA, those are 15k a year jobs that dont pay, but expect, overtime.

>If the flow of immigration from the south stopped and deportation removed the existing population of illegal immigrants in the US

why are they even permanently living in the US? our mexican workers drive in from mexico by bus to work the fields and live on the farm then shoo back to mexico when the season's over

>$50 an hour.
Growing cannabis maybe

Read the thread.

>why are they even permanently living in the US?

Nobody is paid to send them back really.