Is Leftism a Mental Illness?

Psychologist user here with some interesting preliminary results
I will keep it brief
We've found that those who think of the opposite of their ideology as inherently evil will often go into a state of disassociation when confronted with arguments from the other side which they have no good argument against it
Disassociation is a psychological state where one separates their identity from the "trauma" they're inflicting or being subject too, you see it usually in repeated rape victims and murderers, associating their identity with said actions is so psychologically harmful for them that their mind doesn't allow it to happen
This happens with both left and right, but we've found (again, results are preliminary) that it happens to those who associate as left at a rate of 5/1 over those who identify as right, and it happens usually at a higher intensity to them as well
So, you ma have noticed how hard it is to win an argument with an "SJW"
This may be the reason why
To them, psychologically speaking, they were never proved wrong, it literally didn't happen
As far as we can tell the only psychological change that happens is that they believe the "other side" is even more evil after they've been subject to the "trauma" of being defeated with sound arguments

Bump. Is it pooblished yet?

Yes leftist are insane

this slide thread has been posted about 8 times over the last week. including the same pic.

Bump.

did u read this from last time
https: //www.anonymousconservative com/blog/touching-the-raw-amygdala-part-i-foundational-understandings/

for a while on this board people were talking about the left's behavior and a vague catch-all term for this type of logical misfiring; frontal lobe disorder
https:// archive 4plebs.org/pol/thread/93171268/

and always, yuri, with love

Leftism is the embodiment of Slave Morality and history has shown it can only erode a moral structure, It cannot build civilizations nor can it bring beauty and order into the world.

yes, Tocqueville thought that the most common state of people is bipolar disorder

butthurt lefty

I've always thought of leftism as a religion without God. Hence impervious to logic.

Being pwn3d by a reactionary is equivalent to having horrible blasphemies shouted at them by a demon to them.

It doesn´t fit the definition of mental ilness. Not being a desirable trait or "cognitive style" doesn´t turn it into mental ilness as you know.
Anyways, if you´re being serious you should try to prove it
H0: X leftist >_ X right wing
H1: X leftist < X right wing
Being X the condition/trait you want to test.
I´d say you´ll find similar results in both right and left wing. If any, you could find more "weak minded" people in the trendy side. Nowadays it would be the left, but it could swing to the right in a decade, therefore it would not be tied to left/right wing opinions but to weak minded people/non-rational thinking people tending to the trendy wing.

Anyways. Hope you can find something relevant and sorry for not being able to express my self better given my english knowledge, which is "fine" to Sup Forums standars but not for a talk about our common career.

B.F. Skinner (pic-related)?

Lame ass copy. You posted this crap a few days ago and got slapped down hard because you had no proof and were not willing to provide anything other than bullshit. Provide proof of these experiments or STFU. Just like the other day.

Maybe. Leftism seems to be a survival strategy employed by men of poor fortunes and or physical disabilities because it offers them a better deal that Rightism. Rightism favors competition and command structures more than leftism, though many leftists certainly employ some means of hierarchy in their every day lives. The modern left has devolved into a celebration of Freaks, Perverts and other degenerates which is way off from its roots in working class struggles. (Do the low level followers of the Democrat party really realize that they are helping out the Cheap Labor Scheme of the Corporatists by bringing in any immigrant who wants to come? Do they even care? Is their motive really just revenge on the existence of white, blue, yellow, red, green and other colors than black and brown? They sure aren't serving the working class by flooding the country with Cheap Laborers.) In the modern leftist mind, the worship of pity is paramount and success is seen as unearned thus unfair. It has become a losers game with revenge on white males as the goal.

>political ideas can be mental illnesses
Brezhnev pls go

Did the concept of bipolar disorder as we know it exist? I think they used a different term.

bump. there surely is one among us with the power to break the spell of disassociation. we do not need a large study. we need philosophical discussion, rhetoric to perfect the arguments in such a way that the (idiot closedminded) receiver does not dissociate. i think the only way to achieve this is to pretend to be on their side, yet have heard these (unassailable) arguments (with facts) from someone else that you are trying to disprove.

I think it's notable that those on the left are completely unable to identify what are logically threats. Is there a clinical term to describe the "good is bad and bad is good" effect that influences their thought process?

Frontal lobe brain damage is a common factor. Logic center hijacked by rewiring from dopamine/oxytocin loops.

You're doing God's work user.
Whether you believe in him or not, you still proved something awesome.

You have to be genuine with them, and not shut off when their logic derails or they go on emotional tangents. Takes a lot of patience.

fuck psychology

>anyone who disagrees with me is mentally ill
a sound theory

All this is pretty interesting - I'll say that my own personal experience with this kind of argument [in an intimate relationship] led me to a very similar conclusion - that a form of 'mind-rape' is occurring (actually close to what she described the phenomenon as) where the self-concept of the leftist is challenged in such a way that they feel as if their entire existence is under attack. And, in such circumstances, there are limited options - if you are facing extinction (your brain does not allow you the subtlety or nuance), in a life or death situation, you will do anything necessary in order to 'come out on top', including lobbing adhominems, ignoring evidence, and potentially even 'shutting down' and letting the 'mind-rape' happen. Very Nietzscheian in nature, but the ideas of the left - equality in all aspects, no one thing is better, relativity writ large, and self-erasure - have taken root so deeply that any challenge to this becomes a threat on one's life. As such, walls go up immediately in the mind that, if no other cognitive models exist, will block out the entire argument and paint anyone that triggers them as a monster, an enemy, whatever subconscious label describes 'invading tribesman' best.

>To them, psychologically speaking, they were never proved wrong, it literally didn't happen
I can attest to this. I have had political conversations with relatives whose eyes literally glazed over, as if processing something, and then act as if I didn't just ask them a question 2 seconds ago, or make a statement. It's not like they're ignoring me, it's like it's never happened.

The "trauma" in a collective cultural trauma that stems from guilt over the holocaust and colonialism/imperialism.

White people on this board feel it too, they just try to deal with it by trying to explain the reasoning behind the holocaust or deny that it happened.

as for imperialism... well we all love Europe and believe in some way or another that "civilizing" uncivilized nations wasn't a ludicrous idea.

Right. You have to show respect for the person you are arguing with. The moment you begin to pontificate or get even a little angry with them, you destroy any possibility to convince them. Even using too much logic or reason can be harmful. You need (unfortunately) to make emotional arguments with most of the population. It sucks. Just do it, though, the logic and reason will follow when they investigate themselves. THAT is the key. THEMSELVES. This is an individual endeavor for all of us. That is the best, the most powerful way to learn anything, and we know if they are American that they have had the requisite experiences and just need a new perspective on them.

You have to make them feel safe, if you want them to internalize anything you say.

Often why the Internet is so powerful. Nobody can see you becoming convinced of the other point of view, so you will not fight it. You are a different person when you are around others. You would NEVER allow yourself to be convinced of a different worldview when your friends are around you. It is too central to how you act, and you have not been allowed time to reform yourself. Whether liberals like it or not, when they go on Sup Forums to argue, they are slowly absorbing all the information they will need to come to their own conclusions about the state of the west, and are being given the time for reflection, not forced to make a logical response.

bump for interesting bread

The right was moved from the extreme right to the center in common sense understanding, the left was moved to the extreme left, at any point in the 90's this relation was reversed and the left was at the center instead of radicalized, this radicalizations aren't natural.

t. buttfrustrated communist

I was having drinks with friends one night and somehow Muslim migrants came up in conversation. My liberal BIL stated that the US needs to open up its borders because "It's the morally right thing to do". I explain how poorly open borders have ended up in Europe, specifically citing the influx of rape(143% in Sweden)..his response was "I haven't looked into any of that but I doubt anyone knows if that's true or not". It gets better. I brought up the NYE mass rapes in Cologne and this fucker looked me in the face laughed, and very smugly said " I don't believe you" and "that never happened you just made it up". So when I pull up the video and try to hand my phone to him he immediately realizes his bluff has been called and shoves my phone away saying "I don't want to watch women being raped what's wrong with you?!" This is how absolutely far gone they are.

Published? Peer reviewed?
No?
GTFO

little Justin wants to be just like daddy...

Sounds very familiar:

>The more I argued with them, the better I came to know their dialectic. First they counted on the stupidity of their adversary, and then, when there was no other way out, they themselves simply played stupid. If all this didn't help, they pretended not to understand, or, if challenged, they changed the subject in a hurry, quoted platitudes which, if you accepted them, they immediately related to entirely different matters, and then, if again attacked, gave ground and pretended not to know exactly what you were talking about. Whenever you tried to attack one of these apostles, your hand closed on a jelly-like slime which divided up and poured through your fingers, but in the next moment collected again. But if you really struck one of these fellows so telling a blow that, observed by the audience, he couldn't help but agree, and if you believed that this had taken you at least one step forward, your amazement was great the next day. The Jew had not the slightest recollection of the day before, he rattled off his same old nonsense as though nothing at all had happened, and, if indignantly challenged, affected amazement; he couldn't remember a thing, except that he had proved the correctness of his assertions the previous day.

>Sometimes I stood there thunderstruck.

>I didn't know what to be more amazed at: the agility of their tongues or their virtuosity at lying.

>- Adolf Hitler

Modern leftists have been programmed and inculcated by their Jewish masters.

This. I know for a fact that most if not all liberals will quickly resort to feigning confusion or playing dumb to push their argument or not accept yours. They'll straight up deny something is true and when you back it up with proof they'll admit "I'm not very well versed in whatever BUT" basically telling you right there they have no clue what they're saying or if it's true but it doesn't matter because they NEED to be right

>being so buttmad that you can't even read the op

You can't tear down another person's world view if they don't want it torn down. They have to ter it down themself. I thought you psychologists were supposed to be smart?

that photo is of BF Skinner...a behaviorist... he doesn't get into that fake ass'd, mind reading, false science bullshit.... like traditional psychology, sociology, Women's Studies, etc.

Yes you can, you just have to be creative.

The Left is not data-driven, so arguments really have no relevance to them unless they agree with them. The modern Left is authoritarian, and will kill those they disagree with, if they can get away with it, which is the measure of the disassociation op is speaking of.

If they are mentally weak, you could tear their world view down and build something new in it's place. Either way, they still haven't come to any conclusions on their own. They are merely parrotting you. Being a Sup Forumsack, you should understand this.

Liberalism...

Find a cure..

Makes sense

Forget who said it but it was something like this

The right thinks the left are naive like children, the left thinks the right is evil

I'd say it's fairly accurate

$10

I see disassociation from Destiny all the time

>Psychologist user here with some interesting preliminary results

paper DOI pls? thx

May be accurate but it's like paradoxical. Even thinking this about your opposition encourages the very behavior described in the OP. Maybe not the exact same mechanism of trauma and such but now you're thinking of your opponent as mentally ill rather than engaging them. That's why I think we should avoid these as much a possible. After all everybody has to have an explanation for why their opponent believes a position that is wrong, in order for your ownposition to be coherent to you it must explain why people erroneously disagree with it, and whatever that explanation is it will always be some dysfunction since believing the wrong thing is dysfunctional. But it's not helpful if you use it to dismiss.

That is the thing why alot or normies are waking up. They are realizing its not just about "just be cool man", they are getting feminine penises shoved down our throats. And they cant just keep turning their backs on it it is everywhere they go now. The next step is they have to realize them being so lax in the first place is what caused this. Its no longer about just living your own life and "doing you". There is no more room to do that around these weirdos unless you move to an extremely rural area. Even the suburbs are shitshows now.