Listening to Dvorak's 9th

>listening to Dvorak's 9th
>like two minutes left
>innocently scroll down
>top comment: "Anyone else discover this masterpiece thanks to Shinsekai Yori?"
>my mouth fills with bile
>immediately click the big red X

So should all anime studios except Trigger just be banned from using classical music? Most studios don't even understand how to properly implement their own OSTs. I hate it when they ruin good pieces. It's like when I hear the 1812 overture and I think of a fucking Windex commercial or something. How do we fix anime music or at least music direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WlFYC1U5viw
youtube.com/watch?v=5mOPkNUVPmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How exactly does being in an anime "ruin" a piece of music? I don't understand that.

Real niggas learn about Dvorak from Penguindrum, not gay 2deep4u mystery bullshit like SSY

Nigger, Dvorak's 9th is popular as fuck and basically normalfag tier anyway. Get mad when someone discovers something that's at least mildly uncommon like Bartok.

I liked how they used Arabesque in Kuzu no Honkai

too bad about the rest of the show

>Not learning about classical music from classic shows

It ruins your perception of it because it makes you remember how it was used poorly every time you try to listen to it. How is this not obvious?

>listening to fucking meme romanticism
please just off yourself

It doesn't necessarily, it's just that music should be used subtly in order to complement the film it accompanies unless we're talking about a musical or something. It's use in SSY was fucking terrible though. They just kept blurting the same 3 lines from the theme over and over practically every episode. It just screams "LOOK AT HOW DEEP WE ARE" to me. And I actually really liked SSY, it's just that its use of music was completely tasteless. And now when I hear that piece I'm reminded of this bullshit, like when a good song you like is ruined by a commercial. Makes you think of the product advertised instead of the song itself. A decent amount of anime do this, and anime with well-implemented soundtracks are very rare. I guess Rebellion is a good example of a soundtrack done right. I mean I'm probably being hard on this SSY since it's a TV show and most TV shows just spam theme music, but anime specifically overdoes it a lot of the time.

Not him, but Romanticism is the best era of classical music.

isn't dvorak that meme keyboard layout?

I don't hate stuff because it's popular, see Dvorak is the greatest romantic composer, literally fucking try to prove me wrong, I dare you.

>listening to music online
>reading comments
>"DUDE THIS DUMB WEEB NOT ON Sup Forums SAID SOMETHING STUPID"
Fuck off.

>not baroque

Get your ears checked.

Go back to /ai/, ajimishitter. We've already had this argument.

Hey, at least it's not "AYY WHO HERE BECAUSE OF [random youtuber]??? SMASH THAT MOTHERFUCKING LIKE BUTTON AMIRITE?"

opinion of a shit eating underage
Classical>baroque>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else
>this artist is better than literal shit
what an achievement

>/ai/

Is this some Sup Forums general?

I guess it's a fair point. Surely as time goes on, you'll forget it though. A ton of popular pieces are used in shitty commercials all the time and I don't remember them.

Bartok is my favorite romantic composer though.

That's the second best.

>classical over baroque

>generalizing entire eras of music spanning hundreds of years and thousands of composers with your stupid meme arrows
>and calling other people underage right after

I don't have that "and the audacity of this nigger" picture on me at the moment, but I'd use it if I did

>Scrolling down to Youtube comments

You were asking for trouble from the start

Baroque > Classical > Medieval > Romantic >> Impressionist

I've had songs I've enjoyed appear in movies, TV shows, and even commercials and it's never once affected what I think or feel about those songs.

please name one (1) piece better than mozarts haydn quartets, oh wait you can't
*tips firefighter hat

>being happy with your favorite music being whored out to anyone who wants her

I bet you jack it to NTR too, huh?

Beethoven's string quartets are all better.

>tfw I barely even listen to classical yet I know Bartok's good shit

Thank you, old Sup Forums sharethreads.

Now excuse me while I go masturbate to Swans.

1812 overkill is better than overture anyway.

>visiting Sup Forums
>ever

Pretty sure that board actually lowers your IQ

Trigger is just as garbage. Glad their shit always flops.

you are fucking disgusting

>Buy new Dvorak Keyboard
>nervous about purchase so decide to read reviews again
>innocently scroll through
>top comment: "Anyone else discover this masterpiece of a design thanks to Shinsekai Yori?"
>immediately cancel order

It wasn't always like it is now.
Modern Sup Forums has lost its god damn mind.

Dvorak 9 is the most pleb of pleb art music

More like people who ask that shit ruin everyhting.
e.g. "Like if you came here thanks to Pewdiepie lol"

Embrace his genius.
youtube.com/watch?v=WlFYC1U5viw

>not 1812 overture

>not spring

>play nocturne in e flat major
>girl runs up to me after and asks me if that was from hetalia

The Dvorak 9 slow movement is the 5pm song that plays in public in some places in Japan, so it has a greater recognition/meaning there. It's cool when it's in Night on the Galactic Railroad

>about to marry my boyfriend
>like two minutes left before the ceremony starts
>innocently check the audience
>someone is saying "Anyone else discover homosexual relationships thanks to Shinsekai Yori?"
>immediately run out of the church and into oncoming traffic

1812 overture plus the introductory chorus is absolutely beautiful
spring is nice too I guess, I mean its fine

Quit being contrarians. Yeah, their popular stuff isn't their best, but it's good at least. Let's be real here: the ACTUAL most pleb art music is pachelbel canon in D.

>conduct the Polovtsian Dances for the London Philharmonic
>albert einstein runs up to me after and asks me if it was from hibike

>the ACTUAL most pleb art music is pachelbel canon in D
OK, you got me there. Every two-bit power metal band rips off of that one.

>blog
>43 replies in half a hour
>no

Tachikovsky's Manfred symphony was perfect in Gankutsuou. FUck you OP

Wait, I didn't watch Hibike. Are you telling me Borodin was in anime too now? Fuck, now I can't listen to him anymore either. Damn shame.

Tchai*

shit get

>Tachikovsky

The anime was about playing music, I think it's alright

youtube.com/watch?v=5mOPkNUVPmI

Tachibana + Tchaikovsky = Tachikovsky

Normally I would agree, but Gymnopedie is just too good to get mad at it being used in anime

I'm aware. I jumped ship a few years back. Around the time Death Grips started picking up in popularity.

>The Money Store is half a decade old already

Holy shit.

>tfw you didn't die

>Around the time Death Grips started picking up in popularity.
Yeah, exact same here. I fell way out of phase with the board.

Symphony of a Thousand was good in Haruhi

Mahler's great in LOGH

I just hate the way that the people there treat the dumbest shit rap 'artists' with a level of respect and sophistication that they clearly don't deserve.

Gymnopédies as well.
Damn, I now know what I'm listening next.

They're just following Pitchfork's cue, which they've been doing for ages.

>K GUYS 3X3 THREAD
>every post is literally just regurgitating everything pitchfork's given high scores to in the past few months
>also In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me

Oh god, and those last.fm threads were just awful. Do they still have those?

>the 5pm song that plays in public in some places in Japan, so it has a greater recognition/meaning there

Interesting, maybe there's some cultural context I'm missing here. Why a song would just fucking play at 5 pm is beyond me. That sounds like something that would happen in some communist hellhole to keep up morale or something.

I think they care less about p4k these days, and more about Anthony Fantano.

I don't think anybody uses last.fm anymore. Shit, most people on Sup Forums don't even pirate their music anymore, and I'm pretty sure Spotify has a scrobble-like feature already. Sup Forums was only ever good for share threads in the first place.

Huh.

Don't be an asshole because people get into classical music with anime. Princess Tutu and Nodame Cantabile have some of the best recordings for Tchaikovsky, Brahms and Gershwin.

It's basically a sound-check of the emergency broadcast system

Doubles as a emergency siren in case of tsunami/nukes.

There was that anime with Clair de Lune that was pretty good.

P4k's no longer relevant? Holy shit am I out of touch.

Clair de Lune enhances any relaxing nighttime scene.

They got bought out by Conde Nast and have been losing relevancy ever since. You can blame/thank Sup Forums for that one.

Yeah when it comes to music streamfags completely won. What.cd going down was the last straw.

Is soulseek still active?

I literally dropped Pricess Tutu because of the music scene in the beginning, I think it had blue Danube I forget. I could also tell it was going to be hetshit. Two massive red flags.

Well you missed out on a good anime

Why is gymnopedies by erik satie so comfy?

It sounds advanced for its age.

degenerATE SCUM
DIE

Why don't you have a script to block all comment sections?

Sup Forums likes rap? I thought Sup Forums stands for music?