Tiger & Bunny

*blocks your path*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4_gWhIiWr80
youtube.com/watch?v=qOPkLww3mIg
youtube.com/watch?v=IY-FrKOk82g
youtube.com/watch?v=pbbLsN-JJEc
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-05-03/tiger-and-bunny-madoka-magica-love-live-top-nhk-best-100-ranking/.115640
desuarchive.org/a/thread/129766587/#q129769749
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/TigerAndBunny
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Episode 16, going to try and finish the series in one. Loved the bit with Kotetsu bullshitting about Jake's powers.

>kissanime
Sasuga fujoshits

Fuck off.

I still havent watched the movies. How are they?

I charge the right one after five seconds.

I want to be kaede's new mom

You'll have to fight two blonds for it.

Why didn't they make more of this?

So this is actually another "ironically" gay show like Jojo? Sasuga Japan

>not embracing the glorious future of kissanime now that nyaa is kil

The king is dead, long live the king.

>tfw Keith goes to Nathan's gay bar every night and still hasn't gotten his virginity violently taken from him by Nathan's BBC

Is Sky High destined to die a virgin?

It's not even close, it's like a buddy cop show, but they just happen to be super heroes.

The creators say you can read their relationship as a romance or bromance, it's up to you but it does have a lot of ho yay yeh

T&B is one of my favorites!

One night Nathan will look away and Keith will down a drink and get led to a closet by a cute trap and on that night he will become a man.

Just one. She pretty much gave up in the manga.

Even drunk he will just take her (male) home to make sure she gets there safely. When she invites him inside he'll suddenly remember that he has to walk his dog and leave.

The 3 T&B shorts. Enjoy.
After the jake fight.
youtube.com/watch?v=4_gWhIiWr80
After the last episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=qOPkLww3mIg
and after the rising movie (this one still needs subs hopefully someone here can provide a translation.)
youtube.com/watch?v=IY-FrKOk82g

>let's support Rock Bison!
>Barnaby: No, let's not. I propose a vote.
>turns out nobody wants Rock Bison
>FE: Right. You've got one vote, so you're dropped.
Being Antonio is suffering.

My favorite anime of all times. It had old City Hunter and other good 80s anime vibes and carried all the love and attention of a team who had lots of fun making it.
It is also the reason why I've been boycotting Sunrise all this time. They didn't only mock the concept thinking an old bearded MC would never get popular, they harassed and bullied the authors and ignored the fans who are still waiting, even after all these years. That's how good and unforgettable this show is.
The second movie was beautiful, it's one of the best example of tastefully merged CGI and classic animation.

Has no one ever thought that Keith is actually just a furry?

He fell in love with a toaster, so he probably just isn't into real humans.

Please don't bully poor Keith. He's such a pure soul.

>6 years later
>didn't watch it for over 2 years
>can still name each and every character of the show, remember what happened in each episode entirely

In a sea of forgettable stuff you watch just to pass time, this was so damn refreshing. They could have easily made another great movie, a 2 hour long one, about dealing with Lunatic
I won't even say another season, just a movie. Goddammit sunrise, you hit total magic and just throw it away?

>read the title as "Too many cocks"

Maybe those conspiracy theories about the Sunrise execs hating the franchise weren't so crazy after all.

Nice corporate sponsorship you have there.

A word about it runs around 2ch for a long time now, and i really don't see another reason why it was effectively axed.
Sold well, sponsorship money was good, opinions and reviews generally good, i don't remember any other case like this that got offed.

The authors themselves were saying they were bullied at work.

Pure souls are ripe for bullying.

>Goddammit sunrise, you hit total magic and just throw it away?

Because the execs are still salty as fuck that the show succeeded. At least we have the manga.

I remember the lead CG animator saying that they asked for a slight budget increase for the final episodes (since the show was selling like hotcakes and they wanted them to look better), but they were told to fuck off. Strict budgeting is not a bad thing, but it's still pretty weird.

So nips have shit taste, nothing new

Sunrise went full gendumb. T&B is not the property of Sunrise anymore but Bandai Namco Pictures, it was suppsed to be their flagship property, but instead of making more anime they decided to make a 3DPD hollywood movie. I have no idea how that's been going on, heard no news in over a year. It would be better if they canned it let's be honest, normalfags are already heading toward a superhero fatigue and after GitS bombed spectacularly I'm betting BNP execs are furiously rethinking their busines choices.

>At least we have the manga.
We HAD the manga. It's no longer running.

Don't forget, even the toys actual sales wiped the floor with the initial estimations.
Sunrise threw away a literal money making machine.

nips liked it. sunrise execs didn't.

Please don't remind me. I looked forward to the new chapter each month and now it's gone.

why would they hate it? Is it because it looks like an Ironman/ capeshit ripoff?

The execs supposedly miscalculated its chances and appeal really badly, which made the company's senior figures look like utter idiots. Most got over it and embraced the money, but some remained salty as fuck, especially since their own projects weren't doing so hot. It sounds too retarded to believe, but things like this do happen in large companies sometimes.

When it comes to Sunrise nothing is too retarded to believe.

>T&B
>Madoka
>Penguindrum
>F/Z
I want the year of wild rides 2011 back

>It's not even close, it's like a buddy cop show, but they just happen to be super heroes.

and also gay

T&B is shit. I don't get how anyone could like it.

Origami Cyclone was the real killer. Poor Maverick was just a sacrificial lamb.

>i don't remember any other case like this that got offed.

Birdy? Or Code Geass, which had nothing happen for years and then suddenly they decided to do Akito. There was also Negima, which never got properly animated.

But there is a flaming faggot.

Why would they be mad their own show sold well?

What is this?

Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "Cut your own nose to spite your face?" The execs wanted them to make changes (for instance they wanted Kotetsu to be younger) and when the director/writers refused they gave all the money to the show that they thought was sure to win. Instead that show bombed and T&B sold like hotcakes. So they got pissed because Sunrise is run by retards.

Because it wasn't THEIR show. You have different executive teams running different studios, doing market analysis to determine budget and resource allocation, and pushing different projects to get more money.

According to rumor, this youtube.com/watch?v=pbbLsN-JJEc
was supposed to be the flagship Sunrise anime of the season. It was supposed to be quirky, Japanese, high school with cute drillhair ojou waifu loli, kamen transformations, Japanese mythology that would become a big new franchise. But you can see just from the OP's animation, subject matter, and style that it's bland and generic as fuck.

Supposedly the execs in charge thought Sacred Seven would be this huge hit and Tiger and Bunny would be something with niche appeal. T&B took all the fujobux and all the Westaboo monies though.

It's an image from my ancient T&B meme folder

Pls don't bully SS. The threads were hilarious.

I miss theses guys and the threads so much.

I don't think the money was taken away because they refused to make marketing-driven changes. I think the execs were just legitimately certain that a Japanese take on Western heroes wouldn't succeed and decided to fund SS instead because it was more Japanese.

Sunrise is really run by retards sometimes.

So this is the best Anime ever.

But they remained salty even after T&B proved to be a hit. And the better T&B did the saltier they got.

They were also certain that nips wouldn't like a bearded MC and other things like that. It turned out that fujo's really loved the cat beard and his personality as well as how he interacted with the tsundere rabbit.

Squall was surprisingly fun.

Someone should have introduced the execs to the phenomenon known as "oyaji moe."

T&B got money for 2 movies when the studio members normally would've been broken up to work on other projects.

Yes, they could've milked it more, but considering the staff I think they probably decided to take a break. It could come back in a few years like Code Geass did.

Nips, or Otaku?

What was the series even about?

Both, I guess. If you look at the popular anime, adult, non-college age protags are vanishingly rare.

The director tweeted the most wanted sequel poll it won before this year before this poll, he really loved Kotetsu a lot back then so he may still want to do more.
Both probably.

I remember Satou's drunk bitter tweets after the Rising premiere that he would be on board for more but nobody has contacted him

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-05-03/tiger-and-bunny-madoka-magica-love-live-top-nhk-best-100-ranking/.115640

Now that Tiger & Bunny has shat on the competition for the most beloved anime yet again, maybe the chances for a sequel will rise.

Yeah that was awfully sad. He self inserted in Kotetsu too hard but it showed his love.

Why would they? Japan doesn't react to popularity polls.

>Here are the top ten results for female voters:
>1. Tiger & Bunny (2011)
>2. Tiger & Bunny The Movie -The Rising- (2014)
>3. Tiger & Bunny the Movie: The Beginning (2012)

FUJO BUX

Satou is too based for a shitty souless studio like Sunrise, I'm glad he's having a great time with his unlimited mobage bucks at Mappa.

>I'm glad he's having a great time with his unlimited mobage bucks at Mappa.
Where his husbandofaggotry isn't being reigned in by anybody. I say good for you kantokuman.

I get the feeling they had no idea what Ouroboros was or how to deal with Lunatic so they just didn't.

Bahamut is great. I actually picked it up for the T&B staff and VA reunion back when it aired and it turned out to be so much enjoyable. I hope Satou keeps up the good work.
Not that user but Azazel is pretty fun, let Satou enjoy his job a little, it happens so rarely that you get to do what you love.

Satou drew this to celebrate the poll results.

Why doesn't Kaisar have a beard in Bahamut?

Too bad he broke his toaster girl.

Because Favaro does.
Azazel is his favorite in this show.
Nice.

>girl

Beards and long eyelashes don't look good together. Feel free to prove me wrong.

From an interview with producers Matsui and Tamura:
Matsui: "If we consider the perspective of the main target audience, which is adult men in their thirties, then wouldn't they be happy to have a young male colleague yearning for them?"
Tamura: "They would?"
Matsui: "And why wouldn't they? Don't you get this impression that a man beloved by somebody of the same sex must be much cooler than a man beloved by somebody of the opposite sex?"
This show was something else.

SOURCE

It was translated on Sup Forums, I just have the text saved. let me check.

literally

I think it was in this thread, which one of the archives still lives, i haven't been checking for awhile.
desuarchive.org/a/thread/129766587/#q129769749

A lot of the stuff that got translated in the threads ended up here too.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/TigerAndBunny

Too bad all the pics are already gone.

Wait I think it was an older interview, it was back when the show just ended or around the last eps, this ones from around 2015.

Apparently, this is official art?

Yes, by Ueda.

damn I forgot how gay this show is

...not that I mind

I'm not complaining. Usually such brazen acts of favouritism bother me but here I just find it amusing and I think it's well deserved to finally be able to shower his husbando with love.

It isn't. Yes the mangaka drew it but did so in his spare time and it wasn't published in any oficial T&B related publication.

This is the show with an mc who was married to a woman and had a kid but ended up with a younger man by the end?

>Origami Cyclone first hero to die.

They announced they hired a literally who chick as the writer some months who.

Charioce, stop fooling around and come back to SnB, you have demons to enslave and angels to kill