GetBackers

What does Sup Forums think of GetBackers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UzLPCz53Fw4
youtu.be/uR7K6CeOU-Q
youtu.be/eWtsCytfVX8
youtu.be/NDVy3HHwU54
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was a ride, that is for sure. Had a YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ending too.

Ban is one of those rare cases of an extremely OP MC, that happens to be really likeable.

UBW Installer

pretty hype

It had a comfy ED

youtube.com/watch?v=UzLPCz53Fw4

Likable and also very flawed. His arrogant, abrasive personality gets him constantly in trouble and causes that most of his acquaintances can barely tolerate him.

watched the first 5 episodes, didnt think it was bad but very middle of the road. if it was 12 episodes maybe I would have finished but with 30 + i couldnt

Read the manga instead. Much more enjoyable.

As another user stated Ban was beyond OP/broken-tier but was incredibly likeable which made for a good read.

Why is my fujo sense tingling? Was there BL in this or was it just a common ship they latched onto? I distinctly remember something about gay shit from ages ago

The whole soundtrack was pretty great. Can't go wrong with Taku Iwasaki.

youtu.be/uR7K6CeOU-Q
youtu.be/eWtsCytfVX8

Yeah I was considering it since everyone seems to be posting it here ill keep in mind

This gentleman here is all I can remember about. He's one of the freakiest villains I've ever seen.

I think Ban remains the only well-read battle shounen MC to date, too. The guy sure knew his culture.

10/10 would watch again for the trapbellboy Kazuki

Not a bit, really.

Always seemed like a standard brother-like friendship between guys to me.

Seconding. Ginji is really OP as well but has limitations in his capabilities. Really liked how each one of them has flaws that the other compliments, Ban is arrogant and a prick, ginji is naive and overly trusting

The official art for the anime was scandalously BL.

The manga does a good job showing what a super OP, smart, violent teenager would actually be like. People in universe don't go "Sasuga Ban-sama!" - they usually find him insufferable.

>Always seemed like a standard brother-like friendship between guys to me.
It was always toeing a very fine line. IIRC the manga artist supported the homo too, so I guess that's why.

Still one of my favorite traps of all time. They don't make them like Kazuki anymore.

>tfw bought a sunglasses like Ban back in the days and wore it to school just to look cool
I'm surprised I haven't off myself right now.

Next season soon right?

Never ever. The manga ended 10 years ago.

There was very little 'standard' about their friendship. No one would have been surprised if they'd up and gotten married at the end of it or something.

wow, what a blast from the past
i remember reading until the tarot card arc, then things get weird with stands and shit

I honestly miss it. I miss most of that era, truthfully.

acceptable powerlevel manga

All I remember of it are the OPs and EDs. Used to catch it from time to time in Animax LA with a mediocre dub. First time I heard youtu.be/NDVy3HHwU54 I thought they had changed the ED to some latin american song until the Japanese lyrics started.

Ban's shit talking was the best; even "heartwarming" nakama reunions weren't safe. They don't make shounen MCs like this anymore.
>Ban: Hey, Monkey Trainer! I don't remember inviting you.
>Shido: Funny, I don't remember wanting you to!
>Ban: Great! Then why the fuck are you here?

I wish the animated the rest of the manga.

I find myself enjoying shounen manga from around the same time period quite a bit.

The story was good but art was bad and the fights were terrible. Also too much gay shit going on.

>Van defeats him
>Looks hurt and angry
>Van leaves
>Starts to laughing, pick up his hat and reveals he is completely unharmed
This motherfucker, but I can't remember why he pretended to be defeated by van.

Only watched the anime. Gay but fun.

Had the novels up to vol 12 as a kid. They are good, i had a paragraph or so typed but i deleted it so this is all you get.

>novels

Truly the best trap. Moe traps got nothing on him.

I thought the dub was awesome as a kid.

It had it's moments.

I knew there was something gay about this show. I remember watching a few episodes on Animax when I was younger.

I can only remember that episode where the enemy's sword tip was a few inches invisible. I thought it was the tightest shit back in the day.

I thought the powers and techs were pretty creative back then. And having Ban fight for real was always hype as fuck.

It was a pretty great series. Kind of went off the rails at the end, and the whole thing with Babylon City ended up being kind of dumb, but it was good overall.

Great OP
Comfy ED
Love Scalpel Dude's design and power
Was and still love Ban's eyes
Autistic quote that's too good
Overall great childhood anime, dunno if it still holds up today. I'd rather not tarnish the memory.

>Great OP
>Comfy ED
True dat. I have fond memories of not skipping those.

what

Tfw he will never give you a nice dream