Are single mothers really that bad?

Are single mothers really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g-5rxFDXW4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Why? I'm the product of a single mother and I turned out fine.

Ya.

No one I have ever contacted from down under has been "fine".

pervi post, lutshi post

Fpbp

Widowed mothers are okay.
Other then that they should all be thrown off of a cliff a long with their Bastard childern.

>turned out fine.

Do you have a job?

youtube.com/watch?v=g-5rxFDXW4E

No, I'm still pursuing a degree, worth noting that I had a step-father for a good chunk of my childhood.

This

Why are you here then?

Check & mate

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data." The statistics on single moms and the success in how their kids turn out are pretty well baked-in.

Does having a step-father exclude you from the statistics? Watching an old molymeme vid got me thinking about it.

Fuck, you got me.

Anecdotal. Not all, but the majority, of single mothers fail at efficiently balancing work and care, so they outsource their kid's childhood to daycare centers. And that, in turn, creates a lonely, bored, latchkey kid with idle hands, a doubled likelyhood of dropping out of high school and teen pregnancy. Race is skewing these metric of course, (a mere 1 in 4 of black dads stick around for the kid) but the consequences of single motherhood have been shown to negatively affect the demographics of all mothers across the board.

oh no not the jew

They are not bad. Don't listen to these idiots.

>Race is skewing these metric of course
It makes sense that outcomes for niglets of single mothers would be a lot worse.

So story time
>Be me
>have crush on girl at church
>She goes to live with mom in other city
>was QT
>pregnant
>dad is surfer faggot
>girl is shit mother
>her dad takes care of the kid most of the time
>she bounces from guy to guy
>years later she's been divorced twice I think

My dad cheated on my mum and left the family how is it her fault she raised 3 kids just fine but my dad was still in my life.

It certainly does make a difference. Especially if that stepfather steps in early in the child's life and righteously plays the role of father figure.

Wrong. Most widows today are because they married heroin addicts or alcoholics. Widows are usually codependent perpetual victims that take no responsibility for the choices they make, and then pass this mentality on to their children.

For me personally it was from age 3-12, I assume that covers most of the developing years, but I don't know.

What's your opinion on widows of servicemen, fire fighters etc?

Yes, they are scum

Not really, it depends. If the mother can act as a father figure replacement I don't see how it could go wrong

Single motherhood is the single greatest indicator of delinquency. Mothers are extremely important in the first 4 years of development, after that the father is responsible for teaching discipline and morality.

My opinion is that they are a small subset of widows in total. But that there is a larger portion of women who seek these types out on purpose, which is it's own disturbing issue. You can get all Boomer about it and claim "not all X", but regardless of the circumstances, being a single mom is worse in every instance than an intact family. Dating a war widow is probably worse than dating a regular fuck up single mom. A widow will put a halo over the ex in her mind, and the kids will be damaged beyond repair until they're well into adulthood.

Mine was. My mother was a workaholic and fairly successful, but was away at least one week per month at a minimum. Thus my childhood from 6 - 14 consisted of playing way too many video games and eating poorly. She also kept my father distant for whatever reason.

In the end it took me a fucking long time to break bad habits and looking back my childhood was pretty shallow and forgettable.

Step children get abused very greater than biological ones. It’s because the step parents don’t love the kids and consider them to be stealing time for their women

She can’t.

>Thus my childhood from 6 - 14 consisted of playing way too many video games and eating poorly.
>She also kept my father distant for whatever reason.
Sounds like we had a similar childhood, I met my biological dad once when we bumped into him at k-mart, probably the most awkward experience of my life.

beyond

In my case my step-dad was a pretty good father as far as I can recall, he had his issues (he was a drunk and that's why they eventually split up) but he stayed in my life for years after they split, I'd go to his place on weekends.

She made a shit decision in her choice of partner. I will grant you however, that current marriage law in North America is a sham, fit only for destroying what could be a healthy marriage. so there's that too

pretty interesting story actually, he was impotent and he'd shacked up with a few other single mothers over the years, raised their kids from a young age then split around when they were 10-13, he'd done that twice before me according to mum, his other 'kids' had tried to get in touch with him and he was never interested.

Single mother had the hots for me at my old AA group (I had zero interest in her). She tried kissing me about a year ago. She got engaged 1 month ago to some random guy.

Singles mothers are the worst.

You're on Sup Forums.

You did not turn out "fine".

If not us to get the ball rolling, then who?

Listen fuck head, listen you goddamn fucker.

THIS.

You can say that again, holy shit

>Was poor as fuck
>Had a friend who was a single mom, offered me a room for cheap rent
>Soundsgood.jpeg
>Fucked strange black men all the time (Not me)
>Lived solely off of the state and the father of her kid
>Told me to move out since I wouldn't babysit 24/7
>Got butthurt when I left almost immediately and found my own apartment with the money I saved living there

Never again