Is Jordan Peterson becoming a cult leader?

I like him because I think he’s helped young men learn responsibility. When people said he’s a cult leader, I rolled my eyes. But this photo from a recent lecture makes him look like Big Brother. And he may sell commercially made looking rugs for $2,000. I also did his personality test, which apparently is not much different than the ones you can do for free online.

What’s happening to him?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/952345392619847680
psychologytoday.com/tests/personality/big-five-personality-test
truity.com/test/big-five-personality-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mobile.twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/952345392619847680

The rug

that's amazing.

He's making money off of common sense and devoted fanboys.
I'd do the exact same thing. He isn't even selling out. He's just selling.

Amazon as in you like it? To me it looks like a commercially made bath matt from Wal Mart. If you’re going to spend 2K on a rug, get a beautifully handwoven one.

I think he’s getting a big head.

i figured out his shtick. he has the ability to say something with as much gusto and passion the 1000th time as if he's saying it the first time. with full conviction and endurance in his voice. it is in many respects cultish.

it was sarcasm.

Not really his fault, his fan base expect him to do this and if he didn't they'd turn away from him.
I'm sure there's something eating away inside of him; can't be easy accepting the responsibility of sorting out the west and saving it from the Marxist boogieman

common sense is in high demand after this much (((progress)))

That run would really tie the room together man.

his advice would actually work if you were a boomer. in the modern world it's virtually irrelevant. people have less ways than ever to change their social status. he's a false hope dealer.

On for the hopeless like you. You dont get it. Fucking sort yourself out Bruce.

>Is Jordan Peterson becoming a cult leader?

most psychotherapy is a cult and all psychoanalisis is a cult so, mostly yes

hes a decent orator but his message is the same so far.
im looking forwars to his psychological analysis of iching though

You got bed bugs?

He gets some people to follow him like they would follow Rick and Morty. Some of them will be dumb enough to repeat the variants of celebrity worship but all in all old Jordan is a bit of a fading star since he can only do ((regulated)) speeches and he isn't that controversial to keep him relevant even to normies cause he doesn't cause drama.

Gotta get paid. thats just the way it is

Bunch of poors whining

Wtf, hes trying to bank on his fame to sell rugs? Lol

He's nothing more than a overly glorified motivational speaker, that uses fancy words to lure in "tfw too intelligent" tier aspies.

If it looked nice I wouldn’t care. It looks like crap. If you sell bad merchandise, you should be critized. I don’t really have a beef with Lauren Southern, but her book looks like garabage. I think you’re an idiot if you buy it.

No lie, I actually went to this lecture yesterday. I was in that audience. Went with a few pals.

Only if you consider every other motivational speaker to be one, which is what Peterson is turning into

Was it worth going to?

The criticisms of JP being a sellout would actually hold water if JP didn't offer every single one of his lectures (things he's supposedly selling) for absolutely free on YouTube.

"Hurr Durr YouTube isn't free"

It's free to me. If by chance I send a few measily shekels to him so he can continue to enhance mine and others' life's, so be it. Anyone who would have an issue with that hates freewill and capitolism.

Yeah. I know a lot of Sup Forumstards give him a hard time but I do like him.

Fanboys are the cancer of the internet. No critical thinking skills whatsoever.

>be Jordan Peterson
>jew lover
>anti-racist
>zionist
>fights alt-lite e-skanks whom real nazis despise for being nazi
>teaches goyim pathological radical individualism and makes them pay for it
>now also sells them rugs for 2k green shekels
He isnt jew by blood as far as I know, but they should proclaim him Honorary Merchant.

I like Jordan Peterson and I respect him but never under any circumstance try to argue with his followers. Kek

>If you sell bad merchandise, you should be critized
>hurr durr I have to criticize everything I dislike because my opinion is holier than thou

Just dont fucking buy it and move on you pooe little shit.

He did not put that photo there. He actually made a joke at the start "The organizers have made me the Wizard of Oz.... for some reason". LAMO the talk was amazing and you should find a copy and judge for yourself.

He is the reincarnation of jim jones.
He is already mixing the cocktails

He's taking advantage of the very people he's claiming to help, he's overcharging them for tickets, tests, and fucking rugs. He's making bank on patreon in addition to his youtube, PayPal, and job as a professor.
I understand a mans gotta make money but it just makes him look like a charlatan

Yeah he is money hungry....in his defense I would do the same it seems to work pretty good

He makes over 70k a month on patreon alone on top of his 70k per year as a professor.
He is a succesful guy and knows how to sell his "brand". What have (you) done with your life?

Now he just needs to be like David Koresh or Bill Clinton and start having sex with women under half his age.

Since when Sup Forums cares about JP again? Didn't he chicken out when alt-right tried to debate him and instead he was pointing out grammatical mistakes instead of actually tackling the arguments? Also, what about his (((individualism)))? And jews not being wrong?

Not arguing that he isn't successful just iterating the point that if you're one of his followers he sees you as a gravy train, not a person to help.

>people have less ways than ever to change their social status
translataion: I'm a lazy millennial poofter who got a first place ribbon at school because everyone is a winner and now I'm not getting my way so I need to find someone to blame. stop being a poof mate.

JP is a brand. And like any succesful brand he won't do anything which could "threaten" his income.
We all would love to see a fully red pilled JP adressing the JQ but it will never happen.

>gravy train
Well that is what people are if you want to make some money and own nice things.

Also try talking for 60-120 mins in front of an audience and making sense.
This guy deserves his shekels and I wish him all the best.

Not all people want that, there are people who choose to help people over making money.
The doctors in doctors without borders will make more money if they practiced at their nation but they chose to go a shit hole to help more people.
All I'm saying is Sup Forums should not promote JP, acknowledge he's becoming a cult leader and realize he has very little views that align with the majority of the board.

Sup Forums never was mainstream. There is no money to be made talking on Sup Forums.
Never conflate those things.
Imo put yourself first.

>The doctors in doctors without borders will make more money if they practiced at their nation but they chose to go a shit hole to help more people.
Doctors without borders is kike-tied organization that helps to maintain influx of niggers into Europe. Well, of course they also work in places where niggers breed to ensure that there's more of them, all for shekels of Soros and his like.

He's selling what he tells to patients in therapy to the masses, I see nothing wrong with that.
Its pretty basic therapy stuff though and I dont think that this is what people should focus on when it comes to Peterson. I absolutely dont think people should pay for that.

His important material is everything surrounding marxists and postmodernism. He is getting increasingly better at exposing their flawed ideology, I watched some of his late 2017 material on the topic and he's nailing it all. He's been condensing his thoughts and tries to cover a lot of history, philosophy and psychology on that topic. I think his shortest video for that is about one and a half hours long.
Its good stuff, its concise and presented well. Its something you can share with others to give them the argumentative tools to shit on commies who are trying to promote the most dangerous ideology there is.

I absolutely love this board but it doesen't get the bills paid.

Ok first up I really like JP, and think he has done a lot for the level of discourse. His effect has been a net good.

But I have noticed that things are about money with him a little more than they should be. I dont even mean the Patreon, where he has done very well for himself. I mean stuff like the personality test, or this rug for crazy big cash.

The test was $10, and I really expected more out of it given how well he has lectured on this topic in the past. Yet I essentially got the most basic bitch personality test you can find on any website, and a generally uninsightful "analysis" at the end. Its only $10, yet I still got buyers remorse.

>t. communist

In a market system the price is determined by supply and demand.

nigger I have psoriasis

>hey I remember you on the thread I made about Jordan Peterson the other day, was it all psychobabble?

Take the test free of charge you socially awkward niggers.
psychologytoday.com/tests/personality/big-five-personality-test

I like him because he's helping to reprogram the fucked up brains of weak men.

>B-But he's a sell out!
Except he offers all his lectures for free

>B-But he's a CULT LEADER
This is just a cop out way of attacking him for having a following. He's actually just a leader, he's pointing young men in the right direction and that scares the progressives.

The only thing I think you can fault him on is that he repeats himself too much but then again at least he's consistent in his ideas/beliefs and the repetition is proof of that.

I've heard people call him a snake oil salesmen but he's not selling people a feel good message, he's literally telling people that they are responsible for their own happiness and they need to make the right decisions and take responsibility for themselves which is true.

The rug looks nice and I like JBP's lectures, but I won't buy it.

End of story, who gives a shit? He's not making them mandatory or special, it's just a fucking rug with his logo.

You guys are a fucking cult

where is the argument

Exactly he’s just like a cam whore woh cares if they are using their audience for money

>Cult
Every Major religion started as a "cult."

He's a capitalist incidentally, he wants money to help fund his programs.

For you to benefit from every single one of his services is

Stop sperging out Bartek and take the test.
You'll be suprised.

He's a fucking Boomer idiot who thinks niggers behave like animals because whitey doesn't give them enough free shit

The argument is you guys have his dick so far up your ass you can’t see he is using you
I mean look at this fuck

$7
whew

where is the argument though

Just because he's wrong about one thing doesn't make him wrong about everything. Besides, if he just came out and said niggers behave like animals because they are animals he'd lose his job.

I'd prefer he just continues doing what he's doing because he's helping more than he's hurting anything, its not a zero sum game user.

Jesus sorry guys. This one should be free
truity.com/test/big-five-personality-test

I’ve donated $100 match my donation bro.

>tfw his whole fanbase consist of students or unemployed people who don't even make that in a month

He makes 70k on patreon alone

Well I'm not clicking through another 100 questions to find out.

*a month

I'm above average in neutoticism which checks out.

Literally never even thought about giving him any money, I just watch his lectures.
Also Maps of Meaning is for free too.

What are you sperging about?

*neuroticism

Yep, but he's still a university professor, presumably because he likes it, its clearly not because of the money the uni job gives him because its essentially peanuts compared to what he makes through his other ventures.

He obviously doesn't want to lose it. I'm pretty sure he'd be prosecuted under canadas new hate speech laws so there is that too. He's got a red X on his head, he's a political target, they'd love for him to slip up just to make an example out of him.

Either way he is still helping more than he's hurting.

hes preparing a base for when he runs for the office of prime minister to repeal bill c-16 and institute the 'clean your room' doctrine for a massive infrastructure and education overhaul in canada

Can I ask you something Sup Forumsacks?
Why the hate for successful shills likr JP? Do you secretly widh to be him?

*wish

It wasn't bad.

Does this make him a carpet bagger?

I think people don't like him making money and also consider his life advice as "common sense"
Which is understandable if you are a functional human being, his ideas may sound like nothing special.

It's more directed towards young men who were either too childish or nihilistic troughout their lives and never got their shit together. And now they don't have any idea where to go in life.
Having a guide like this may be useful to them, but not for some dude who already has a stable family, house and job.

Make a million $ a year by telling people what is wrong with them?

Exactly. The supply of "lost" guys will never dry up though.

>flouride free, of course

>by regurgitating epictetus

It probably gets bigger during times where boys are brought up in very comfortable environment, and where mothers have more active role than fathers.
Then when they're 20+, they start to panick when the realization that you need to grow up hits in.
Some refuse to grow up and become obsessed with anime/gaming, some try to escape that with alcohol/drugs, some blame the world and become so resentful that they fantasize about revenge. (i.e. Elliot Rodger or Columbine kids)

He's just a really good salesman.

Teleports behind you.
>remember the six gorillion.

In a cage fight to the death between Peterson and Sam Harris who would emerge alive?

Stoicism is a pipe dream because it implies anons working together.
>too much mangina.

I don't think being realistic about female nature leads inevitabely to Elliot Rodger tier degeneracy.

what's that got to do with CBT just being a rebranding of Epictetus' work?

made me kek quite nice

CBT is just a crutch for weak people who refuse to take anti depressants.

>abstract
>rug
>2k
wew, I thought this guy was supposed to be "in tune" and shiet with the common man and inherent reality. Remember that time he BTFO himself by saying biological distinctions between races are arbitrarily miniscule to the point of discardment, but his entire peddled philosophy relies on the powerful implications of Darwinism? Remember that? He can ditch his opinions on gender roles while he's at it, since there's arguably more variation between races, than between genders.

>Using
How?

I've given him $10 for the self authoring program, which helped immensely.

Pathetic.

I took his test last year when it was launch and i do feel like it is helping me focus myself
Here are the results

Elliot Rodger may not be the best example, but he was brought up in a sheltered environment and was very close to his mother, that probably hurt him more on the long run than helped.

He had childish vision of what a woman is and childish vision of what a woman wants ("Look at me, I have a nice car and I dess nice!"), completely forgetting about being confident, competent and most of all, not a fucking tool.
Rodger was humorless, neurotic cunt, why would anyone want to date that?

Peterson isn't a cult leader yet, but isn't far from it.

It would be a shame if someone make it so.

rare and blue