Wombs

I posted this like 3 times in the past, but I'll do it again since I just started the 4th volume and judging by online manga-reader site statistics, most people have hardly heard of this manga which won the Japan Sci-Fi Taisho award last year.

Faces are a little wonky at parts, but the art in general is fine and the weird premise is executed pretty well. The premise is a war between two groups of humans, where the technologically more primitive group staves off defeat by implanting alien organs into human wombs to get the power of limited teleportation. Read it if you like military-focused manga.

I LIKE IT ALREADY

Thanks

This manga is sick, thanks for dumping.

As in you like the premise or you already read the manga?

I wonder if the claim by the First headscientist that the Seconds are injecting nanobots into the Firsts to make them sterile is true or not

you are good people Hox

It's stated as if it's already common knowledge. Even if it weren't for that, researchers on secret projects don't just get to return to normal lives. They usually get used by the winners, like the case of German researchers in post-WW2.

Could be propaganda, though.

Yes please storytime this whenever you can.

Thanks, Hox. I'm curious though, since Wombs is nearly finished, whether you're picking up another series or would you focus on Shiji?

Could be, but considering the Seconds started the war with an undeclared war, who'd give them the benefit of the doubt?

Shiji is 1 volume per season, so ~4 per year.

I've been trying to get started on Kamui-den but I think the cleaner dropped out so that's been pushed back yet again.

Additionally, my cleaner/typesetter for Soil and Planet of Sutakola must be busy with something else, making it hard to make progress on those for the moment. He does really good work so as much as I want to see those done, I'll wait for him.

So after Wombs, I'll probably start two other projects that I'll be doing just myself. One will be Dousei Jidai. The other one, I haven't decided yet.

I might do a 1- volume Shintaro Kago work or some other comedy after Wombs, since it feels like I've been doing a lot of serious manga.

love this excited for new volume, thanks hox

Nobody talks about it because it's shit, OP.

I know you've got an infinite backlog and all, but I'd just like to inform you that at least one user remembers you saying (god knows how long ago) that you were going to do some Ooshima Yumiko, and that user would be very grateful if you ever got around to doing so.

What an awkward premise.

Oh right, I wanted to her Birth (Tanjo) but I haven't been able to find raws for that last time I checked.

Also, now that I think about it, I promised to do Takano Fumiko's Zettai Anzen Kamisori like 2 years ago and STILL haven't done it. I guess I'll have to do that right after Wombs.

> I promised to do Takano Fumiko's Zettai Anzen Kamisori like 2 years ago
Oh, hey, I almost mentioned that too but thought I'd be getting greedy. Consider me grateful.

I've downloaded the volume 1 off of a guy's blog links. Pretty cool. I kind of want to know the inspirations of the mangaka (Yumiko SHIRAI) when he created this series.

Also kudos to the translator, my jap friend who's learning english, said the translator seems like a good writer himself./blog

I don't mind people reminding or requesting me at all. I still make the final choice on when or whether or not to do them though, which definitely changes depending on my mood.

The mangaka is a she. Only a woman could have really come up with this story. It's great though, and it's the kind of good "gender-oriented" story that can appeal to both sexes, unlike some "feminist" stories that are designed only for females.

Sounds retarded. Why don't they just get the aliens to help them

>Stealing technology is retarded, why not just get the other country to help you?

>...shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

I do wonder how and why the First ever came up with the idea to implant niebass fetuses into the wombs of their women.
It was said that in the beginning, the First used those women as living bombs instead of as teleport beacons, which seems to have only happened recently when some of their death convicts actually found out a way how to teleport instead of blowing themselves up.
If the nation of Hast just wanted to bomb the shit out of the Seconds, then surely normal conventional bombs, nukes and whatever would have done the job just fine.

>these cadences
at least they have good humor

They probably noticed that only pregnant Niebass could teleport, and from there some dissection studies to find out the specific organ responsible.

Concerning the bomb thing, I think the goal wasn't to literally use them as bombs, but it was more of a sink and swim approach in trying to create a dangerous situation where the women's psychological condition might be triggered into harnessing the teleportation power. And if the women die in the process, then it's not a big deal as they're simply convicts on death row already.

Sounds plausible.

It's been a while, but thanks for finishing Innocents Shounen Juujigun. I asked if you would, and indeed you delivered.