Ruined anime in the west or Saved anime in the west?

Ruined anime in the west or Saved anime in the west?

Opinions?

Who cares? The East is what matters.

Helped me to get these repeating digits

>west

kek.

streaming is shit

neither

>can't download
>forced to stream
>giving money to jews
>low bitrate
hmmmmm

*Tips katana*

Amazon will kill these niggers.

>west
nobody cares

>Streaming service with low ass bitrate
You tell me

>west

ahahahaah fucking retards

>west
wow it's fucking nothing

?

I grew up in the 70s. I remember the 80s and 90s trying to find anime. Even the 2000s were tough and we had the internet. The problem is you guys grew up in an age dominated by Crunchyroll so you have no idea its effect on subs.

Incomplete series. Series that never get subbed. People ragequitting for petty reasons and hoping new groups would pick up where they left off. Fansubs have NEVER been a viable substitute. You just don't realize it.

>80mb per episode
You can't make that shit up.

>west
What did OP mean by this?

What the hell do you mean?

The best of fansubbing was objectively better than the best of CR - think things like proper sign typesetting, lyrics translated, better sources and sometimes similar turnaround times for OVAs and movies (though by the end of fansubbing's relevance, CR streams WERE better than Japanese TV - 3 or 5mbit progressive MPEG-4 is a lot nicer than 13mbit 1080i MPEG-2.)

The worst of fansubbing was objectively far, far worse than the worst of CR. Muh reddit memes suck to read but they beat mistranslations from mistranslated Chinese as done by someone who doesn't actually speak English either, and for every show I personally rushed to get out same-night there were easily three or five that could wait a couple days for my raiding schedule because lol no competition. (Not to mention the stuff that just got ignored by everyone.)

I miss the competition and the creativity, and the old ways did more for my personal tastes, but there's no question that the average episode watched now is a lot better than the average episode watched then.

Anyone wanna trade a CR sub for my AB account?

Here it is folks, 5/6/2017, the ignored post that tells the truth.

I am no fan of streaming, but you have to admit that it was fucking retarded that in this day and age there was no legal way to watch current anime outside Japan (partially even outside the Japanese metropolitan areas).

The problem with CR, that I see, is that the Japanese studios don't fucking care about "piracy". They have to pay for their late night TV slots and earn nothing from it. All the income is generated by merchandise that is sold as a result of the broadcast, including discs. If you consider that in Japan there are usually no recording blocking measures in the broadcast, there is practically no difference between a regular viewer in Japan and a "pirate". They have the show on HDD and may opt to buy merch or not. That is why there hasn't been a major outfall over fansubs. The only people crying were Western licensors that feared their returns could shrink. (Did they?)
CR is a Western shithole that may throw a tantrum over their releases being ripped simply because they can. If they ever do, I will cancel my subscription immediately.

Bottom line: Neither, but things could rapidly go downwards, so the situation isn't exactly comfortable. The 00s were better times.

Their player constantly skips, desyncs with subs and stops altogether. You can't even expand the video into theatre mode without subscribing. Kill yourself.

Except this is 100% bullshit. If anything the fansub scene went to shit when CR and other streams came around and everyone in the scene left shit up to them. Until about 3 years ago you could watch almost every single currently airing show with fansubs that were better than CR, better encodes/bitrate, and sometimes faster release.
And if you're going to pretend to be an oldfag you should at least know back in the 70s and 80s mail order fansubbed VHS was one of the ONLY ways to watch anime. Even when professional releases were more common in the 90s you still got things faster through fansubs both on the internet and through the mail.
Don't pat yourself on the back, it's poor form.

>The worst of fansubbing was objectively far, far worse than the worst of CR. Muh reddit memes suck to read but they beat mistranslations from mistranslated Chinese as done by someone who doesn't actually speak English either

That's your fault for being the one retard that unironically watched shit from Hadena.

Crunchyroll's main problem is that it is a fucking garbage service. In Australia we have a similar site called Animelab, and despite the con that they have relatively less series available, they have one of the best players I've ever watched something on. You should know as a paying customer that their service, despite their size, can not even compete with a comparably tiny Australian one probably built in a cave over a long weekend. And they will never work up the effort to change it.

Studios don't matter, the production committees do. And internet piracy matters a lot to Japan as well. So much in fact that they have very harsh laws and arrest those who upload stuff on the internet like manga scans and anime recordings. Funnily enough, the ones that tend to get arrested seem to be Chinese, according to reports.
Part of license agreements between the production committees and licensees like Crunchyroll/Funimation or the Alibaba Group is that they combat internet piracy in their respective region, even if it's a somewhat lost cause.

tl;dr: all the businessmen involved in anime hate and want to eradicate internet pirates, and would prefer that everyone legally streams, nips and gaijins alike.
The suits, no matter if nip, chink, gook, sea-nigger, ameriburger or yuropoor are all old conservative people with old conservative views. That won't ever change.

I didn't, but a lot of people did. If we need to judge CR against like gg Kara no Kyokai or whatever, we also need to judge it against Hadena C3.
Not to mention the poor bastards who wanted to watch Precure when it was Doremi or nothing.

>shitty selection outside of US/Canada/UK
>low bitrates, even for paying customers
>don't care about licensing older shows
>translations focus on how it might sound in english,rather than keeping the japanese meaning behind it
>DRM

Well, yeah, that CR has no JS-based player is embarrassing for them.
>Flash
>2017
Really too bad. All the nicovideo exposure I get nowadays is through rips on youtube.
Flash needs to die. This isn't funny anymore.

English has its own idioms and context, moron. Makes sense to change shit into something that makes sense to a westerner rather than using the Japanese sense that'll confuse them

Crunchyroll is the best simulcasting company in the west since everything else manages to be absolutely shit. And it doesn't even matter because if you live outside the US, they geoblock you from content and even if they don't, the idea of having streaming exclusives means that you would have to subscribe to the shittier services as well.

t's shit, just like the west

More like they don't even know how to make it sound in english. CR's translation tend to be awkward/ stiff as hell.

I'd watch Cartoon Network if I wanted that shit. If you're confused by Japanese concepts then you probably shouldn't be watching anime.

Nethier, it more or less killed fansubbing but the sub almost everything so their not a huge amount of difference except you get release straight away now.

I don't care about anime in the "west".
You should all kill yourself in my opinion.

EOP GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

They ruined it by making it more accessible for the Normies

It may be because of some specific DRM requirement by the licensor. At least that's the excuse one TV channel has used.

It made anime mainstream and more accessible for the public, and that's a good thing. You are a delusional hipster weeb if you think that that's a bad thing.

>being this much of a Weeaboo

Why are you using the word normie instead of normalfag, you arsehole?

>Normies
Shouldn't you be in /r9k/?

Because it triggers you

>west
lmao

Nah, you're just a hypocrite, normalfag in denial.

Never gave two shits about streaming services, rather curious, why people making fun subs bailed? Same goes for many translation groups. Many people retire and there's not enough new blood would have been my guess.

Who cares? Crunchyroll is still gay and run by jews

I dont mind them, since for all their faults we no longer have to deal with fansubber bullshit outside of the occasional series and random OVAs

Why waste time and effort fansubbing if most just want to watch subbed anime as soon as possible at good enough quality?

CR going legit is also what is killing them. Most of the anime this season got acquired by Amazon.

When CR became the undisputed "Netflix" of anime for a few years, Japanese Consortium "Daisuki" and Amazon want some of that big slice.

Nobody cares about EOPs anymore.

Truly Ebin

Saved it for me. I fucking hate having to either illegally download, visit pop up crazy stream sites or pay top dollar for what little physical is actually available just to watch anime.

Made it mainstream, worst than death

Why is this western hater spamming? Everyone here hates west, you don't need to post it 20 times

jewing anime in the west

What does normalfag even mean anymore

Daisuki can be considered a failure that couldn't compete against Billibilli and Crunchyroll/Funimation.
It was such a failure, the Anime Consortium broke up, and now it's nothing more but Bandai/Namco.

Also
>west

>west

wwwwwww

Not everyone is pathetic weeaboo like you

Neutrally impacted anime in the west.

>Most of the anime this season got acquired by Amazon.
Amazon just has more cash to throw around if they want to take a market. But not apparently they don't want to spend enough on improving the product, which is shit.

How is it good or bad?

Are you really such a special snowflake you hate more people sharing your interests?

This pretty much desu.

Normally, it means an anime-and-manga-loving dork who tries to hide the fact that he's an anime-and-manga-loving dork because it's embarrassing to be an anime-and-manga-loving dork by pretending to be normal and tells other anime-and-manga-loving dorks to behave like normal people so that normal people won't find the anime-and-manga-loving dorks embarrassing shitty losers anymore.
It's like a fag who's still in the closet and won't come out as being a fag.
That's what a normalfag is.
A fag who tries to pretend that he's normal so that the normal people won't discriminate against him for being an embarrassing anime-and-manga-loving dork.

>Translating stuff because of other people
Well, it might be somewhat reasonable as a motivation for some, I guess, but doesn't people mostly do it for fun? I mean, what else is there to do after learning fairly useless language as Japanese other that doing fan translations?

>what else is there to do after learning fairly useless language as Japanese other that doing fan translations?
Watching anime for yourself instead of translating it for others.

Fuck off.

No, I hate having other retards like you around.

Still much better than being an obnoxious Weeaboo retard who wears headband and spouts Japanese phrases

People do it for attention, retard.

>crunchyroll shill perverting words
>revealing your powerlevel is a good thing
kys

Everyone on Sup Forums hides their power level you newfag

Ruined, brought in all the normies.

There is plenty of stuff out there that is untranslated.

this, also the power of waving your e-peen around and having random anons beg you for shit

I thought shilling was against the rules.

It's good because studios will know they have a large established fanbase to distribute media to. these are companies in a capitalist system after all. Wanting a fanbase to stay small and niche is bad for your fanbase.

>but doesn't people mostly do it for fun?
>Watching some shitty anime episode multiple times to try and make a translation that makes sense
>fun

The fansub scene has always run off lust for attention. You can say it shoudn't, but most people dont do something for nothing

MAL?

the only time I've EVER used cr was to stream my first ever anime, TTGL
I still download streams, just not from cr

How? There's attention whores, yes, but how does it affect others who do it for genuine interest?

It's funny because this is what most people on Sup Forums actually believe
This board is basically /r9k/ lite

>Crunchyroll is B A D
>people will still steal their subs because everyone and their mother is still too lazy to actually translate in 2017

Sad

what else would you expect from an outsider-hating anime board?

CR isn't perfect, but all the torrent sites are either going to absolute shit infested with spyware or straight up shutting down, so I don't mind putting up with CR's shit instead.

It's pretty pathetic really, most sensible people would want the thing they like to be more popular rather than stay small

I said they do it for attention, there's nobody who does that you fucking retard. It's the equivalent of whoring yourself without sucking dicks.

You are the newest of fags trying way too hard to fit in right now. Right up there with the elitist greater than thou nip speakers getting mad at the West instead of fucking off back to 2chan.

>TL comes to Sup Forums
>ask what needs subs
>gets banned because no recommendations
>dumps his work
>gets banned because no generals

They had the whole market to themselves when Funi started doing dubbing and they were still garbage with the whole quality and episodes thing a few weeks ago.

But everything recent enough to be done by Crunchy is easy as shit to get

>normies
>rebbit meme

>filename

And a normalfag tries to tell other anime-and-manga-loving dorks to behave like normal people so that normal people will accept anime-and-manga-loving dorks instead of treating them as shitty subhuman and embarrassing loser scum.
Most anime-and-manga-loving dorks don't care that they are considered subhuman and embarrassing loser scum by normal society. But the normalfag is the anime-and-manga-loving dork who does care, trying to please the normal people.
It's like that cool girl or jock who picks on nerds for playing D&D, but secretly does play D&D with the nerds, and tells the nerds to stop being visibly uncool nerds, because else they can't hang out with their cool popular friends anymore.

Must be haters of the white race. Or just a regular white guy, there's no difference really.

Keep fighting the good fight and Ignore shitposters.

No they don't. Almost anyone deeply into a hobby does not want it to be too popular because that inevitably attracts undesirable people.