BLEACH: The fuck up

I think Bleach's biggest mistake was splitting these two up and alienating its core fanbase (which was based around the dynamic between Ichigo and Rukia during the first two arcs. If Bleach didn't stray from its roots would it have been better off for it?

Not even a shipper, but I believe Bleach at its dramatic height was during the moments where Ichigo and Rukia shared the spotlight (Byakuya taking Rukia back to Soul Society, Grand Fisher fight, Ichigo vs Byakuya, Rukia rescue, etc). You can name literally every iconic moment in Bleach and it all revolves around Rukia somehow. However, after Soul Society arc, their dynamic is completely split apart and nonexistent and then coincidentally everything after the SS arc is melodramatic and trash. Coincidence or nah?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ACq7tgjHdGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

that was not the only factor, Bleach go too repetitive after soul society arc, and evreything was solve with a power up for Ichigo or a deus ex machina, it still had some good reveals, like ichigo's father being a shinigami, but still couldn't compare to ss arc

>alienating its core fanbase

What do you even mean by this? Bleach was selling its best during the HM arc(I'm talking about everything from the Vizards being introduced to Aizen being beaten) arcs and Ichigo/Rukia barely interact in that arc.

>Not even a shipper

Riiiiiiight.

I'm still convinced that all the Bleach shippers on Sup Forums are trolls

That was part of the problem, but SS was a huge hit because Kubo balanced Ichigo and Rukia's plot with timely introduction of new characters and powers, interesting art, and some really decent writing for side characters.

Thousand Year War, on the other hand, overpromised, underdelivered, and generally didn't have enough character interactions to be enjoyable to read. It was just battle after battle.

I shipped Ichigo and Rukia, but I understood that they weren't getting together unless something drastic changed. By the end of 1000 year blood war, it was obvious that wasn't going to happen. I just didn't expect an epilogue where there were kids, and where Tatsuki didn't somehow win the Ichibowl.

>tatsuki
>hurting orihime like that

Don't bother with these people. They're the same people who have only watched the anime.

>Not considerint Tatsuki's feelings

>and where Tatsuki didn't somehow win the Ichibowl.
What an asspull that would have been.

Right, Tatsuk is loyal. She cares very much about Orihime; she was the one who encouraged Orihime to pursue Ichigo. She would never break her best friend's heart.

It was obvious that they wouldn't get together after the SS arc, what the hell took you so long to realize?

Also Orihime was the obvious love interest. Tatsuki never wanted Ichigo that way.

>alienating its core fanbase (which was based around the dynamic between Ichigo and Rukia
You fucking homo.

>It was obvious that they wouldn't get together after the SS arc
Except you're wrong?

No greater an asspull than Orihime and Ichigo having a kid with the power to kill Yhwach.

He's not wrong. Look at Rukia's panel time, look at her growing love for Renji / Renji's love for Rukia.

Aizen did nothing wrong.

I'm not. In the SS arc alone, we got the backstory for Rukia/Renji, Orihimes growing feelings for Ichigo constantly being brought up by Kubo through Ishida, Orihime and Ichigo having a moment after his fight with Byakuya, and Ichigo/Rukia being completely fine with staying in different worlds. Also we got pic-related which sealed the deal with for me. Orihime was always the obvious love interest, and if you didn't see that then it's because you didn't want to since shounen couples are always the easiest to figure out.

>look at her growing love for Renji / Renji's love for Rukia.
What universe are you from.

To bad for Kubo most of the fanbase didn't want it. He always kept pushing it but it never caught on. Nobody gave a damn about his shitty waifu. Her role should have been reduced further than Chad's.

>most of the fanbase didn't want it.
Stop with spreading this misinformation, its 2017 ffs. Most of the fanbase didn't give a shit about pairings; while its true that those that did care about shipping did prefer Ichigo x Rukia, it's not true that majority of the fanbase wanted or even cared for it, it's just that shippers are the most vocal part any fanbase.

>Core fanbase

Nigga. The core fanbase didn't give a shit about the 'dynamic' between these two. It was always about the fights, the power-ups, the classic Kubo trolling.

Get your head out of you're ass, you sound like an Ichiruki landwhale from dumblr, "Totally not a shipper user kun"

I'm pretty sure that he didn't push it any more than most manga series have multiple love interests for MCs. It was obvious that Orihime wasn't the main heroine from the start, and Kubo wrote Bleach that way.

The only issue is that Orihime won in the end.

Dude it got boring because you knew that no matter what happened, Ichigo would win.

Before I actually watched Bleach i thought Kenshiro was a complete badass only to find out he got BTFO by a complete newbie. Same for Aizen who was supposedly stronger than all of the other captains combined.

They jumped the gun way too quickly with his powerups and they were honestly quite ridiculous.

He definitely pushed for it especially in the last arc. Kubo always went out of his way to remind us that Orihime was still very much in love with Ichigo.

>It was obvious that Orihime wasn't the main heroine from the start
How come JUMP always featured her on heroine spreads then?

When will IchiRuki faggots let go?

NEVER.

Soon hopefully. It's pathetic at this point.

>Ichigo gets a new power
>Never even uses it
>Aizen joins the fight again
>Hype is back from a dismal series of chapters
>Suddenly over
>Everything is over
It ended in the clumsiest way I've seen a series this high on the charts end. It's uncanny.
The first two arcs are top shelf and Fullbring is criminally underrated, but everything else is a giant retried where nothing really new or interesting happens. It's a slog.

>shipping shit
Well I guess it makes sense that faggots cling to this type of gutter swill since there's not a damn thing to discuss.

Sorry that we appreciate one of the few good things about Bleach. It doesn't matter how canon IchiHime and RenRuki is, IchiRuki is still miles better than them.

Read the manga.

>IchiRuki is still miles better than them.
If mean better at being a meme pairing then sure.

>muh black and white
>muh moon and sun
>muh parallelz
>muh fillers

I agree actually, but then again I'm biased toward the early arcs where I loved every single character and wanted to see more Ichigo & Rukia ghost buster adventures.

Being honest, it was a mistake for Kubo to have Ichigo and Rukia apart for the majority of the manga. The two played off each other pretty well and had good chemistry.

It was one of the reasons why sales plummeted.

>IchiRuki fans: We're totally not the next NaruSaku, guys!

It wasn't though? Ichigo and Rukia barely interact during the HM arc yet that was when Bleach was selling the most. Hell even in the beginning before the SS arc started, Bleach was doing okay in sales and that was the time when Ichigo/Rukia had the most interactions.

Rukia stopped being the main heroine after the SS arc. The only thing that helped her to remain that status were random poems and color pages.

I know you're the same faggot who posts these anime girl reaction images every time. You can shut the fuck up, because I don't listen to you. I know you hate IchiRuki and praise IchiHime and RenRuki as good ending ships.

Gin and Aizen were always the best characters.

>reeing about anime girl reaction images
>on Sup Forums

But there is always this one guy (Which is you because you are doing it again.) who ALWAYS posts anime girls in Bleach threads in a particular way to defend IchiHime and RenRuki every time he sees anything that smells of IchiRuki.

I wonder how many nights you've spent, staring at your screen, so angry about dissenting opinions that you decided to lump all animegirl posters into one entity who's out to get you.

>because I don't listen to you.
An Ichiruki-ist not believing something goes against their pairing? Color me surprised. You guys have never believed anything that put IR its in place; even Kubo's own words when he said that they were simply precious nakama. You go around spreading misinformation like "Ichigo and Rukia splitting was why sales went down" when it definitely wasn't a reason, and when someone counters that you refuse to listen.

Bleach was finished for me after ichigo fought aizen.

Back then I hoped that they would continue, but now... i'd rather they just delete whatever the hell was the last season.

Rukia is cute
Orihime is cute
both are waifu material
Yoruichi though, that's where it's fucking at.

I know it's you. You are always in these Bleach threads. I recognize your images almost all the time. Every time someone goes "Kubo really dropped the ball by sweeping IchiRuki under the rug" or criticize IchiHime and RenRuki, you pop right up.

Sure thing buddy. As long as you feel like you won.

>this paranoia
how new are you

Sales definitely went down the less they interacted, but like I said, it was one of the many reasons.

>its core fanbase (which was based around the dynamic between Ichigo and Rukia during the first two arcs)

its core fanbase (which was based around the dynamic between Ichigo and Rukia during the first two arcs

no it wasn't

the core audience was preteen boys, not shippers

Tatsuki was never interested in Ichigo that way

>Sales definitely went down the less they interacted
Nope. Bleach was doing it's best in terms of sales during the the second arc especially much later on in the arc, and Ichigo/Rukia barely have any interactions during this time since most of their interactions happen before the gang heads over to HM. Ichigo and Rukia interacting less didn't have a negative affect in terms of sales, get over it already.

Post disregarded. I see your image, I know it's you again.

Anyone notice the Bleach threads suddenly having annoying Ichiruki posts recently? I mean Bleach threads have always had delulu IRfags but the recent threads have gotten more than usual. It's fucking LoN isn't it?

How new r u fag? Look at threads in Sup Forums it's fucking common practice to reply with anime girl pics you dumb fuck.

>He thinks SS arc wasn't the only good thing about bleach
kek

Not how he does it. He posts them a particular way, and some of them I recognize.

I think you're a pathetic excuse for an adult who is unaware of his arrested adolescence and because of it seeks validation from others when they really don't give a shit about your wanna-be anime reviewer ass.

>inb4 "saying someone else on Sup Forums has a arrested adolescence"

Jokes on you, i've never been arrested. I also said "aware"

Because Tiddy

t. IchiHime/RenRukicuck

Sakura and Kagura are flat though.

Wasted Potential: the series

Disregard my post all you want, it won't change the fact that Bleach was selling the best during an arc where Ichigo and Rukia barely interact which completely debunks your dumbass post.

I also think I recognise you, the way you respond, your the same annoying IRfag that's been infecting the recent bleach threads.

Shipping in Bleach is fucking cancer, but IRfags are the dumbest fucks this fandom has to offer. Jfc I'm glad that shit got royally sunk.

Gor waifu diversity. Can never have enough Tiddymonsters

I'm glad you like one of the few good things about Bleach no happening. You know, part of me is kinda relieved IchiRuki didn't happen, since the whole series went to shit. A Bleach that is actually written good deserves IchiRuki.

The first fuck up was repeating the rescuing thematic a second time during the Hueco Mundo arc because Kubo got lazy or some shit.
The second fuck up was spending too much damn time developing the espada and dragging the Fake Karakura Town arc to a crawl, but that wasn't Kubo's fault.
The third fuck up was continuing the story after Ichigo defeated Aizen, because everything was already said and done with him and Ichigo. Instead, they should have left it at that and kill Aizen, leave Ichigos power a mystery that went away with Mugetsu and leave the Quincy as an extinct race of warriors that had a counterbalance to the Shinigami in the game of souls that was the afterlife , and from there create a shit ton of interesting back story for the captains, the Gotei and their beef with the Quincy... but no, they had to keep dragging all that shit down and keep introducing newer and more retarded characters that are super powerful just because it's a fucking Shonen manga/anime.

This series would've worked better as a seinen.

user, literally the only person agreeing with this thread is you.

You made a mistake thinking Bleachfags are 90% Ichiruki when it's more like 90% don't care about who fucks who. Core fanbase my ass. Go home kid. Back to tumblr where you came from.

>You know, part of me is kinda relieved IchiRuki didn't happen,
Then why the fuck do you shit up the Bleach threads with your complaining?

Because all of you keep talking mad shit about it while forgetting the fact it's one of the main foundations of Bleach. Give credit where credit is due.

I only very vaguely remember a lot of Bleach, but yeah, you're probably correct.

The humour, emotional investment and general writing was by far at its best during the first segment of the story.

It was also a mistake to introduce a billion characters and leave all the good ones behind.

That is your dumbass tumblr tier Rukiafag opinion. Not the opinion of the majority of the fanbase who don't give a fuck about your crackship.

>crackship

This guy gives a good explanation why and how it all went tumbling down.
youtu.be/ACq7tgjHdGA

This is some top-tier bullshit right here. The writing in Bleach has been shitty for years yet that didn't stop you guys from hoping for an IR end this entire time. You guys can say that you're more than happy with your fanart/fanfic and repeat "Ichiruki was too good for Bleach", but it's all bullshit. The fact that Ichiruki didn't happen kills you and you know it. You wish it was the Ichiruki child being revealed in the last chapter.

>You wish it was the Ichiruki child being revealed in the last chapter.
Yeah, I do. Because the ending would have a least did something right.

Bleach just felt so incoherent. Naruto at least had extensive lore to build on with alongside a reasonably sized 3 dimensional cast and clear goal ahead.

Bleach was...eh. You feel like you don't know anything and the melodramatic exposition doesn't help.

It's by definition a crackship, because it didn't happen.

I believe the OP poster is right. I recall the first part of the series being way better, and the dynamic between Ichigo and Rukia far more interesting and natural, than anything that came later. It's been a long time since I read it, and I didn't read much beyond SS because at that point the series quickly became insanely boring, but at that time it did indeed seem like Rukia was the main heroine. The manga at that point was very much the story of Ichigo and Rukia growing together.

I believe the sudden turn everything took was extremely bad for the series, and I wouldn't find Ichigo ending up with anyone else believable (especially since Orihime changed from being god-tier airheaded comedy to probably the most boring character in the manga)... but it still didn't happen in canon. Just accept that the manga became shit and lost its way, and move on.

Most us did this over a decade ago, when it first became clear that the manga had done irreparable damage to itself and Kubo was thoroughly out of ideas.

>Posts one of those cringey IRfag collages with nakama moments.

You fag.

>Because the ending would have a least did something right.
Nah.

Ichigo lost his personality after SS arc

There is nothing to him after that beyond "m-muh protecting".

>There is nothing to him after that beyond "m-muh protecting".
I feel like that could be said for the entire cast.

Everyone lost their personality after SS.

I don't know why people are even arguing over this stuff. All the characters everyone loved in Bleach stopped existing soon after Aizen pulled his vanishing act at the end of that arc.

I've never seen a writer go from good to shit with such incredible speed. It was an almost 100% vertical drop in quality.

You know they would be salivating if Kazui was an IR kid. Their fanarts of IR spawn look exactly like kazui but then call the canon IH baby ugly.

c-cute

Will the Quincy war be animated someday? Or is Bleach anime kill for good?

its dead jim

>You know they would be salivating if Kazui was an IR kid
Of course. They also wouldn't bring up the whole "why can shinigami have kids" thing like they did with Ichika.

>We will never get to see Yamamoto Genryusai's banki be animated
>We will never get to see the Unohana vs Kenpachi fight be animated
>We will never get to see Kenpachi's bankai be animated

posted the wrong image. here we go.

The premise of Ichiruki fanworks:

>Give Rukia Orihime's personality
>Make IR spawn look like the canon babies even though they're "ugly" or just steal the canon babies.
>Ichigo suddenly has the personality of some suave fuckboy.
>Everyone who looks at Rukia now has to have their penis' resting in a pillow for a week because she's that fucking hot and everyone wants to fuck her.
>Also keep Renji's canon feelings for her, because it makes her look more desirable if all these men are after her, except let's make Renji a total pussy, hillbilly Chris Brown, slap that bitch up.
>Rukia is captains to lieutenant Currosake Etchigo, even tho he's miles stronger than hur.

Don't forget the artworks where Orihime is heartbroken in the background because she "needed to be put in her place", or the OOC cheating ones.

>Give Rukia Orihime's personality
What personality?

I loved you bleach but then you got so shitty, you did almost everything wrong after the SS arc. The bad pacing and the million characters and the same old boring rescue story

Also that faggot renji getting rukia

>>Give Rukia Orihime's personality
its either this or they make her into some femme fatale. its weird.

And then poor Uryuu's manpain. :’

Yep. Good point of view.

That wasn't everything to bleach. It had great Ichigo solo moments too.

But yeah I agree it would have been better ichi-ruki centric, the way bedou renkin was