Shingeki no Kyojin will sell only 3k BD

Season 1 sold 50k each BD

Season 2 is predicted to sell only 3k

is this the biggest drop ever in an franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they waited too long for the s2 for some reason and the hype died out

>have franchise that is selling like hot cakes
>sit on it for 4 years
>make some shitty live actions movies no one wanted
>finally make a new season
>only 13 episodes
>use CG to cut corners even tough you should have a massive budget
>everyone has already read the manga by then and it has jumped the shark

They won't attribute this to a change in director.

They'll just feel validated in getting beaten to green-light only a 12-episode season.

This still isn't normal, though. Haruhi waited three years and made half of S2 the same episode, and it still sold about half of what S1 did. Railgun waited three and a half years and still sold about 2/3 of what S1 did. Durarara waited five fucking years and still sold about a quarter of what S1 did. This was four years and is projected to sell ~5% of what S1 did. The wait is only one part of the issue here.

And then the studio will blame internet piracy and the Diet will pass more obscene copyright laws.

They are probably not packing any of the those BD extras that otaku love.

>Monogatari-Franchise on the other hand:
>I wonder how many episodes this has in total...
>87 ?!!!

>...
> ?!!!
Fuck off, retard.

Is the studio in the prodction comitee?

As someone who hasn't watched/read it, did it have a massive drop in quality right after the anime ends?

>four years
Damn, it really has been that long already, hasn't it?
I remember it being super popular, I think it even aired on toonami.

What did they wait so long for?
Even two years ago they could have caught some of that normiebux before it really fell off the face of the planet.
Now, is just... I don't get it.

They waited precisely because S1 gave them more than enough profits, whatever S2 manages to sell is a plus, SnK will get adapted all the way to the end.

This, normies will think of it as an spin off or something or a boring season or an old trend because they are out of ideas. This season should have aired in 2015, it would have had more people expecting season 3.

No

It won't.

>predicted
What is that even supposed to mean?

Amazon lets you see the rankings for pre-orders.

You can tell how much an anime is going to sell before it even comes out.

It will. You are fucking delusional if you think S3 has risk of not happening.

No, it won't.

Japan is done, user. It's time to let go.

Who the fuck is this clown?

SnK was a mainstream hit and like all mainsteam hits there's going to be a tone of frivolous buyers who only purchase it because of the bandwagon rather than brand loyalty within that span of time people move on and with the latest tax in crease and BD prices still no going down one can only guess what transpired
>Haruhi
That show had a loyal following and was always a niche hit
>Railgun
Once again niche fandom and the normal second season drop
>Durarara
This shit just lost most of its popularity in time since it was a fujoshi hit back in 2010 and that pretty much means it was going to be irrelevant by the time the second season came out.

>muh BDs
Why are nips 10 years behind on technology despite being a technologically advanced first world nation? They should be fucking begging Netflix and Amazon for multi million dollar contracts to stream their dub and subbed shows to millions. The fact that they need BD sales to determine if a show makes or breaks is beyond retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

Because they are xenophobic conservative fucks who give no shit about anyone or anything outside their tiny archipelago.

BD sales aren't the only indicator of an anime's success.

30% of anime never make their money back.

Good disc sales is usually the only guarantor of a sequel.

So how are these predictions made? What are they based off?

Manga sales are also important, especially with an anime like this.

You guys are bakas. Even Netflix and Amazon shows get cancelled if they don't get enough viewers. BD's sales are just one way, it doesn't make it bad just because it's old.

And this is hyper dumb considering they're a few Netflix exclusive animus in production including the new Devilman.

>they're a few Netflix exclusive animus
>they're
>has the nerve to call other people dumb

What does BD even stand for? Bluray disc?

How much dumber can you get?

The manga went at a glacial pace and like 10-20 chapters are going to be removed entirely most likely when it hits the anime.

Big dildos.

>typo

The Uprising Arc is slowww.

No it isn't, it was slow because it was a monthly.

>The Uprising Arc is shittttttt
FTFY

Reiner is so handsome.

>This still isn't normal
I think it's cas a shit ton of people dropped it during politics arc

Soon and Canon!

Gabi, pls

Poor Bert, he not only had to deal with his own issues, but to also restrain and endure Reiners insanity

It all goes downhill after this season

>"""Worldwide phenomenon"""
>actually watched by normies and people who would never watch chinese cartoons
>sells for shit
>Fate series and the endless disgusting trash spinoffs that it keeps spewing
>eaten up every time

And also died a virgin cuck

Lack of screentime for the undisputed most popular character certainly helps with this flop.

They already have a contract with Funimation and Crunchy though

you know, as much as I look forward to Eren going ham on Reiner and Co, if he actually kills Reiner it will leave the story with no meaningful antagonists, as all the newly introduced ones are kinda shit, both in terms of their characters and designs (a fucking monkey? really? and a horse?)

but at the same time if Reiner doesn't die, its going to be even more ridiculous, because his plot armour is getting completely out of control. I was kinda hoping we would see Zeke and Reiner acting on their own, possibly even behind Marleyans back, as I expected Marleyans to want to feed them to new recruits and Reiner and Zeke be against that, but now I don't see that happening since the walldians are the ones on the offensive

Shit I get it now. Eren is good at hardening. He could extend his hardening beyond his body and grow wings. Of course.

thats true for pretty much every character in the manga, far more tragic is that he was fed to fucking Armong

I want to cum so hard down Hisu's throat in the morning that her breath smells of semen for the rest of the day.

>Gary Stu character that fujos keep wetting themselves over
>literally the Sasuke of this franchise
>personality of a cardboard
>give him more screentime

Endgame right here, brothers.

Zeke actually managed to get laid? That dirty hippie looking snitch?

Those two arent big like Netflix though.

Reiner's plot armor is already fucking ridiculous might as well survive another fight or two.

Galliard, please

I feel really sad for Bert too. For him finally to feel free of his fears only to be eaten by Armin. What did Isayama mean by this? Ymir and Erwin too. Is it because he plans to give everyone a shit death and not play favourites except when it comes to Armin?

Ymir pls, control yourself.

>So you train your whole life in the army.
>You are 100% loyal to your country.
>Country says that you have to go on a mission.
>Mission requires infiltrating the enemy, and blending in with them.
>You accept the mission, because you are loyal.
>You go deep under cover, and do your best to fulfil said mission.
>Suddenly you are a traitor, and everyone hates you, both in universe and in real life.
I don't get it.

Reminder that YH posters are cancer that belong in

He sells. Why the fuck not?

Why wouldn't he?

>Is it because he plans to give everyone a shit death
The shittiest thing is that Armin got the best, most detailed and most meaningful death of the series and he didn't even die.

I want to protect his smile.

>Involve YH post are cancer instead off EHshit
Nice try.

>Someone ate that crystal like rock candy.

There was only one vial of the titan serum, that was an important plot point for Armin and Erwin. The only way this happened is if they fed Annie to a random titan and hoped it would work with them.

This is bait right?

Why are you bringing politics into this?

All of you shipperfags are cancer, don't try and denounce one group.

Because he is an Eldian and they don't give a fuck about Eldians that don't produce results, like Zeke turning in his parents. If he failed his mission it doesn't matter if he tried his best. It just means that they gave that titan power to the wrong person.

I was actually really upset when he got steamed. But not anymore. I hope he makes up for this in some way, with his global thinking.

So let me get this straight:
>No kenny this season.
>I won't see the uprising arc for another 2 years at least.
This franchise is dead to me.

Except the Walldians now know what Titan Serum actually is, and they have Connie's mom conveniently turned into an immobile titan to use as a spinal fluid cow

No, it's not. Popularity outside Japan means nothing when it comes to whether the sequel to a show gets a greenlight.

Grisha's journals state how to make titan serum

>be cucked race traitor
>destroy millions of lives by kicking down walls and getting people killed
>kill people who find out about your dirty secret
>be a shitty spy and blurt out your identity because you are mentally unstable
>expect sympathy

>There was only one vial of the titan serum
Titans are made from the spinal fluid of other titans. Also, that was the only vial of serum they had on hand from Reiss. They most likely still had a stash of it since there was a succession every 13 years. Even if they didn't have a stash, Armin most likely has Bert's memories and knows how to make titans. Or alternatively, they infiltrated Marley in the timeskip and found out how to make titans from either them or the Eldian Restorationists.

There is no fucking way Annie is still alive.

If Armin goes full Gesumin and shits all over Marley I'll stop hating that lil piece of shit.

Global would indicate he would try and make peace with the rest of the world.

OST when?

Global would indicate trying to take over the world too.

Plus one of the other shifters now thinks he's a faggot because not only did he fail his mission but he also got Marcel killed.

Did I miss a page where they stated what the serum is and how to make it? Or are you just speculating for no reason?

Considering how they had to fight for any secrets out of the wall cult, I doubt they'll get knowledge on how to make new titans.

Some user said june 2nd but cant confirm though

Nah, Eren is the one who wants to kill them all, while Armin will want to go for the pacifist solution.

>bowl cut
>faggy beard
>round glasses
That's a dirty hippie

Except he's not that dumb. How could he expect to fight the rest of the world, even if they did manage to get all 9 titans?

This would just turn this manga into irredeemable piece of trash. It's already pretty bad I hope Isayama is not fully retarded.

>Considering how they had to fight for any secrets out of the wall cult, I doubt they'll get knowledge on how to make new titans.
Again, if Armin has Bert's memories then they already know. They had five years to figure this shit out. You're in denial.

Armin is bitter as fuck.

Understanding endings are top tier.

pre-order

It's june 7th

The opposite. Can't wait for Eren to kill the little shit.

Covers and shit are still getting hundreds of thousand views though.

250 000 colossal titans, thats how

I don't think you understand how the anime profit model works. You charge a lot to the small number of people willing to pay. Streaming isn't a replacement for BDs, it's a replacement for TV.