Greatest political difference east / west

Chess is popular in West, but a wiser, more ancient game, jealously kept in Asia and taught to deciders for millenium is Go

While being both perfect information, abstract, black and white games, while chess look more complex in construct, they have a fundamental design difference that make chess analogically inferior.

Can you get that, user ? I'll try to hint you on the path to your precious redpill medication

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7-C1cpG6TLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Chess is more complex than Go. Go is just harder for computers to search through, but the human brain works very differently from computers.

>gookcheckers

No thanks, I'll stick with the game of the brain Chads. Chess.

Go is tactics
Chess is strategy

What does that mean user?

>bumps the board
fuck. why are we playing with sand

All strategies must be adjusted as time goes on. Tactics do not.

Chess is more complex, but analogically inferior to a crucial aspect when translating in political aspects.

What do you think Go teach deciders Chess doesn't ? This is my question. I don't deny Chess in itself is more complex, it's objective, you can compare it to Xianqi.

But for example in Mahjong you have a notion of imperfect information you don't have in Xianqi. Then what do you have in Go you don't have in Xianqi or Chess ?

chess is indeed for plebs, there is no vision or abstract thinking needed, only mechanical memory

In it's progression in is different, yes. In chess you move things. In Go you place things. It makes you have more choices, it flows more.

Initially I meant a difference in final board.

I have no idea about go and wasn't commenting on it. I was just explaining the difference.

No masterpieces in Go (so it could be a better rendition of mob vs mob ?)
You have to encircle a territory

Does "analogically" mean what you think it means?

Yes, and things you capture are points for your own army. So basically conquesting things adds, nothing is really destroyed. However, when you are playing too tough, you tend to be big and clogged at a single point when a sparse, more flexible strategy is superior.

All of this difference add to someone I realised recently.

In Go, the ultimate goal is not to vanquish, it simply is to have a bigger share. As long as you have it, you can smile to your opponent, tell him its a good game and shake it's hand.

You can be happy he is simply dumb. The dumb is not your real problem.

The pieces are all of equal value, and a bigger share is enough, like in an election. I get it.

His face is a magnet for fists.

Go sis more complex by a wide margin.
And all you retards stay away from my go. It's the only space left on this fucking earth without commies or nazis and actually nice people.

Chess has the ultimate goal in achieving a checkmate, whereas Go ends with obtaining the most territory/pieces and often the game will end before an inevitable conclusion

While both require great foresight, Go is more abstract than Chess. While you can't move your pieces once placed, your pieces can disappear, however that open territory becomes closed off anyway since the enemy surrounds it.

Another important distinction is that while individual Chess pieces (knight vs pawn)have restricted move sets, Go pieces are all the same. Also, Chess ends with the death of the king, a specific piece. You can see a less than subtle difference between the two games between autonomy and individualism, where go has dispensable soldiers and chess has a hierarchy where some pieces are meant to be disposed.

>autonomy
had a retard moment and used autonomy instead of collective and individual

You're forgetting about another game OP

kek

only trump has a high enough IQ to play sqrt-1st dimensional mouse trap

brb learning go

unironically you probably wont because its too hard

>o thanks, I'll stick with the game of the brain Chads. Chess.
>Chess is popular in West, but a wiser, more ancient game, jealously kept in Asia and taught to deciders for millenium is Go
>Chess is more complex than Go

Both are inferior to Tash-Kalar. Chinks made Go. Poos-in-Loos made chess.

Tash-Kalar was made for and by white men.

You forgot that chinks have a higher iq

Fist magnetson

The main difference is that chinks know when to shut up.

Riichi Mahjong is better than both games. Adding a tiny element of luck tests the will of a man.

The most important question is

Do you Catan?

Don't think I've had a reason to post this meme for nearly a decade.

In this game white is vastly ahead. Black will survive in the corners of the left hand side, while white will win the right, and most everything else.

Given how stupid black is, plus the fact that this is not a handicap game, we can tell white must be stupid also to be playing even (though much better than black).

Who wore it better?

>The most important question is
>Do you Catan?

Even germans dont play catan anymore. They moved onto Village. A game where you raise a german family, living a good german live in a german village. You can even get married, have children and dedicate your sons' lives to the church or government.

>Thinking some autistic fedora board game with no popularity can compare to actual chess/go.

>Thinking some autistic fedora board game with no popularity can compare to actual chess/go.

yeah because board game technology and mechanics dont advance at all right?

Tash-Kalar is an objective abstract game that better that both Go and Chess.

Black goes first.

What's a "decider"? Isn't everyone a decider? A baby decides whether it prefers Apple sauce baby food, or stewed carrots baby food. Is something lost in translation? I assume that when you say, "decider", you mean power player, or head of state, or maybe Talmudic tyrant? Or chink emperor, or chairman bao ding pong? Anyway, Abdullah or Ping-Ling, go back to your own country, and leave Europe for good. You don't want to be there and get glassed.

And is played by the weaker player.

The opposite actually. This is why so many chess pros can play 40 games against 40 opponents at the same time and win -- because chess is inherently about the best move *right now*, i.e. the best move tactically.

I've not personally played go but from what I understand as each player isn't restricted to a set of moves it leads to higher number of scenarios than chess

Oh my god, the flood of memories, user.... my heart! This game lead to so many tears, because kids' mommies and daddies couldn't figure out a way to let the kid win.
>here's another epic game that makes chess and go look like a wheatgrass enema.

So...China has been playing Clash Royale for how long?

Nah, they just have institutional cheating.
>it's a fact.

My God, it's full of stars....
>saved

>not playing pente
Me and my dad used to play pente together when I was a child. I miss him and our hours of pente.

Learn to speak English properly, then come back.

go is a retarded commie game where every piece is the same

>today the diddly deed is finally done a roony

what ever you say faggot, sage

>He doesn't play the ultimate game
Fucking plebs

I haven't watched Simpson's on television in years.(notice I wrote "television", and not "TV", because "TV" is a Nick-name, and Nick-names are for friends, and Television is no friend of mine!)
>all i know is that when I was a teenager, Flanders seemed like a total asshole, while looking back today, Flanders was the only redeeming character, and he was actually caring and loving, even to Homer, who hated him. Flanders is the only non- degenerate, and they hated him for it.

Ya'll motherfuckers don't even predict multiple paralell, 12 dimensional, non-euclidean, fractally branching worldline trees

Are ya'll even trying?

I haven't played Go enough to really say what it teaches.

But Chess teaches you to plan your moves ahead (read your opponent, make educated guesses, etc.) and that's about it

My favourite competitive tabletop game is hands down Battletech, not Chess. It's like chess but there's facing, cover, weight of firepower, subterfuge, and some randomness thrown in for good measure. An overall better reflection of real conflict (and not necessarily military) than chess is.

From talking to people good at chess, and playing it myself, the running theme seems to be, at high levels it trends towards memorizing specific plays and counter-plays rather than analyzing the board on the fly and making 'best guess' moves. This likely stems from chess being deterministic, which I'm not sure was proven yet or not, but it sure feels like it is.

I always get triggered when people say go is just about getting territory

Because almost every game deals with the idea that you enclose some space that will never be your territory, it's a no mans land, you just have influence over it to make your opponent be forced to invade it, then you attack that invasion and with that you get enough initiative to change the board as you want

Almost every game ends with some invasion that gets attacked, then with that you split another group, capturing one of them

Even handicap go plays like this, white tries to split everything and capture something big to win

high level go deals with how strong different groups are rather and how you can get the initiative by attacking weak groups, and how you can resist by making big exchanges between weak groups (by sacrificing or just omitting plays)

Chess is a solved game. Get over it.

Chess player here. Agree.

ITT frog faggot tries to speak english with limited vocabulary.

sucer penis dans calais jungle, grenouille merde

Great scene in Pi: youtube.com/watch?v=7-C1cpG6TLc

girls dont' think i'm smart if i say i play go.

if i play chess... well my wife doesn't really care about it so yeah...

Hikaru no Go really got weird later on.