Do you think shroud of turin is actually that of the Christ?

Do you think shroud of turin is actually that of the Christ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0JBberCqw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The shroud was frank zappas last joke to the world. Ask moon

Bump

imaginary creatures don't have shrouds that exist in the real world... besides that it's not old enough

I can't believe I read the whole thing

Christianity is derived from the following:
Hellnistic Roman Paganism
Hinduism
Egyptian mythology
Greek mythology
Nordic Paganism
Other forms of paganism

And so forth. Take your childish anti-science fairy tale to r/crybabbies

post dick imprint

If I told you it wasn't that of Christ Jesus but Jacques de Molay would you believe me?

this is a tough call. i've seen videos and read articles where they replicate the process of making this type of image but where are all of the hundreds/thousands of ancient images of other people/inanimate objects? surely there should be more than one surviving example of this remarkable technology?

A lot of evidence points to it.

Post feet

Ive posted this response before but I would be interested to hear some criticism of it.

In that image it talks about the complexity and uniqueness of the weave. The contamination theory is based on the idea that that there was a repair made during the period the shroud was found in Europe, that this repair was undocumented - and here is where it gets iffy- the repair was so expertly done as to be undetectable to the point of it being invisible.

Then instead of just carbon dating another piece of the shroud (bearing in mind the carbon dating had been done in three separate labs). Rodgers invents a methods of chemical dating based on the decay of certain products in the samples. A method that has not actually been used to date any other item or show any real degree of accuracy.

It gets even iffier because if there really was a 14 century contamination in a 1st century item the carbon dating would have given results closer to 700AD and not 1400 hundred specifically.

This is why despite that images seemingly good argument you will not see the church tell people its the literal burial shroud of Jesus and nor will they allow carbon dating of any other piece (although Rogers "invisible repair argument" could theoretically be used to deny any results he doesnt agree with)

Also in the image he has very stylised and inhuman fingers.

no. it has been carbon dated to much later.

also, no such person as the Christ

>just carbon dating another piece of the shroud
They would have to cut off yet another piece of the shroud. No way they would (and should) do that.
I can't remember all the details about the 14th century piece, but if you're really interested, this guy explains it in greater detail. Not only the added piece, but the whole shroud. It's a great watch:
>youtube.com/watch?v=H0JBberCqw4

What do you think about the fingers?

>They would have to cut off yet another piece of the shroud. No way they would (and should) do that.
Taking a tiny slither could create could create a powerful proof that would turn it from a curiosity to one of the greatest relics in history.

His historicity is almost universally accepted. The debate is whether He was the son of God or not

As far as I know there has been some dating done on the burn marks which are on the shroud.

What about the fingers? They look like they belong to a guy who's tall and slim.

I think thats what he meant by the term "the Christ". Otherwise he would have said Jesus.

Yes

Looks like a kike

Did your dead kike really create the Sun and Uranus?

>As far as I know there has been some dating done on the burn marks which are on the shroud.
Not the Carbon Dating - which is why they they rely on the "invisible repair" theory.

>What about the fingers? They look like they belong to a guy who's tall and slim.
His fingers are almost twice as long as his palm which is not naturally occouring in healthy people.

Maybe because the shroud has certain x-ray properties.

It's possible, but it will never be proven. It doesn't matter anyway.

You can't prove that Zeus does not exist.

Of course the elephant in the room with all of those is
>total,fabrication
>total fabrication
>total fabrication

Not really compare the hands in the shroud to the unstylised replicas.

That said I still would be more interested to hear why the Church should not carbon date another sample.

I guess you refer to his left hand.
It really depends on where you put your right hand over the left.
Again, watch the video I posted, it's an interesting topic.

>God doesn't exi-

if jesus died at 30 that looks too old.

preach brother

>Again, watch the video I posted, it's an interesting topic.

Why do I need to watch a video that goes for almost 2 hours to find out your personal opinion on why the Church should not just use sample?

*another

GAY AND LEWD

It seemed like you wanted to learn more about the dating.
Even if they cut off another piece that proves it's from the 1st century, people will still deny its authenticity.

'Christ' simply means 'the annointed' has no bearing on whether or not someone with that title is divine.
'Messiah' also does not identify the person with that title as divine, it means they are the deliverer, or savior, of the Jews.

Fuck no it's a fake. But Christ Himself is real

can someone explain the Turin Shroud and why it is matters if its a pic of JC or not?

>Even if they cut off another piece that proves it's from the 1st century, people will still deny its authenticity.

Much less people, and it would mean the church would no longer have to tacitly deny its being authentic anymore. Seems like a very small price to pay dont you think - it may well even lead to people coming to the faith.

Its asserted by some and has a different stages been accepted as being the burial shroud of Jesus Christ thus offering evidence for the resurrection outside of the biblical accounts.

Probably not, we aren't that lucky.

>Science proves shroud a fake - Christians stop believing in God!
>Science proves shroud real - Atheists start believing in God!
Morons keep confusing science and theology, thinking they can prove/disprove one with the other.

No. It not Jesus, its the guy who they killed back in the dark ages. He was the head of the Templars and got betrayed by the Pope and the king of France. They tortured him to get a confession and eventually crucified him in the same manner as Christ. Yet they did not kill that Templar on the cross, but burned him eventually at the stake.

Jesus christ is make believe.

Probably not since that's the narrative History channel jews were pushing for the past two decades

listen to this
Did you know that ancient Athenians travelled all the way through the mediterranean to the coast of Great Britain?
Stonehenge is a phenomenom very often attributed to the wrong group of people.

Yes, in reality these were (proto-)Athenians worshipping the semi-omnipotent god, Zeus.
The one who actually planted those stones (which ALL scientists agree would have been impossible to push by humans with the tools given in their respective time.) was
Athena, the goddess of handicraft, has rewarded the Athenians for their bravery (sailing through MANY kilometres of sea) with her craftsmanship that has served as a small fort (by the time the romans have arrived, the fort "Stonehenge" was destroyed long time ago by the ancient britons).

Sorry, but you cannot deny this with your science mumbo jumbo.

ALL WROOONG.

It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE among worshippers of the Olympian gods that the shroud of Turin, along with all other mythological findings are mischievous creations of the god of the Underworld, H*D*S.
H*D*S's goal is to MISGUIDE the sons and daughters of Gaia. We are led to believe that it was an omnipotent, single divine entitty that has made everything come into existance.
Tell me, what is more likely, that all power of the universe is divided (as science suggests) or that the power belongs to a single entity, that is simultaneously its source.
Yes, even your """"""""""""""""""""""christian science""""""""""""""""""""" has no say in this theological discussion.

You are all a bunch of degenerate m*n*theists and n*ntheists.

Not a Sup Forums worthy thread

thread brought out the euphoric cock goblins sperging at full speed.

Atheists hate religion because it goes againsy theit cock lust

nigger did you have a "historische kritiek" exam today ?

RETARD.
Have you ever heard of a supposed "redpill" as big as Christianity?
NO.
Christianity is the biggest religion of all time, and, because the Jews are in control of EVERYTHING, AND CHRISTIANITY IS

L I T E R A L L Y

BASED ON JUDAISM, we can safely say that Christianity is a tool used by Jews to control the aryan (northern europe) man .

>Atheists hate religion because it goes againsy theit cock lust
THIS, same goes for monotheists (most adulterers are monotheistic).
If you truely believe that only 1 guy holds all the power in his fists, you have to be a 2-digit IQ retard (see: average IQ of the amerimutt (90)).

Yes I do.

I'll say one thing about Catholic Church and their Shroud of Turin......

they were perfectly willing to submit it to skeptical scientific testing, and Let the Chips Fall Where They May. If its 2000yrs old, then who knows, if its a few hundred years short of 31AD then they figure "OK, we still got a very early artifact, like an old painting".

Contrast with how any such testing by skeptics of an Holohoax stuff is outlawed with full force of Govt and Police in all nations, and how not a single "Hebrew" anything is allowed to be tested.

At least The Church is interested in the truth.

how come nobody ever points out that he has straight hair? this is clearly a forgery

No it is the shroud of a knight templay jauques de molay....The chief of the french rosecrucian sect or the Illuminati as they are also known

The progenitors of the banking system and civilisation builders of the modern world

>HURR DURR HE'S A JOO BORN FROMA JEWESS AND A JEW
>HURR DURR HE WASN'T BORN OF DIVINE WILL IN THE WOMB OF A VIRGIN LIKE THE BIBLE EXPLICITLY SAID THREE TIMES

>templar even

are you claiming that jesus wasn't jewish

Historically wouldn't this be technically the first photographic type of image out there?

He's the Son of God, fucktard
For all we know He could be a race of Himself

>H*D*S's goal is to MISGUIDE the sons and daughters of Gaia
source? citation?

>fucktard
what year is it

Damn it's too early for this much crazy. Back to bed for me

Where did the sperm come from?
I think they're just being "polite" when calling mary a virgin. She cucked Joseph, plain and simple otherwise we have violation of conservation of mass, probably other laws of thermodynamics.

The Year of the Mutt, apparently.

nah. im a faggot.

no

No.

Well, one of the fascinating aspects of the shroud was the discovery in the late 19th century, by accident, that the image - which is at least hundreds of years old - is a photographic negative. But photographic negative images didn't even exist before the 19th century. But somehow that alleged medieval forger created one. Really activates the almonds.

Pic related = what the shroud looks like if you saw it in person. Cf. , which shows the shroud image as a negative (which, somewhat strangely, under the circumstances, makes the image easier to see).

Yet there is this phenomenon called parthogenesis which has been declared statistically impossible in Mankind due to the margin of error.
Also, God is omnipotent. The Laws of Physics, Entropy and the rest of them, don't apply to Him by definition of his divinity.

>which shows the shroud image as a negative (which, somewhat strangely, under the circumstances, makes the image easier to see)

To clarify, what makes it easier to see is the photographic image of negative is a photographic positive.

Both those discrepancies (date and perfect repair) are easily explainable. It is a 29th century repair

How the fuck did you not put Judaism on that list? Half the bible and most of the apostles were Jewish.

Not a chance, as per John 20:6-7

Maybe he got some of that crystal therapy when he was younger.

Doesn't matter. The wicked generation will look for a sign or proof. These and other relics should have importance to you as a Christian.

>His fingers are almost twice as long as his palm which is not naturally occouring in healthy people.

should have litte*

Even if mary reproduced asexually jesus would have been female.

Unless Mary was one of those XXY women

lol shit im not healthy then

It's probably fake, but whoever was able to make it way back then was some kind of troll genius.

I have been shown historico-empirical evidence by Greek monks, I don't have it on me.
Do you have a source that H*D*S is NOT trying to misguide us?
Just read the fucking scriptures of Greek antiquity and find the light, j*Sus cuck.

monotheist detected, your claim that ONE GUY is able to guard over ALL of life is crazier than anything.
Get realistic, moron.

Rest of the thread:
CHR*ST IS NOT REAL
HE IS A PLANT BY H*D*S TO FOOL PEOPLE

STOP BELIEVING ((HIS)) LIES

>still hasn't washed his cloak
Jesus, your mom would be pissed

>Not a Sup Forums worthy thread
Thanks for your opinion, kike.

SATAN IS H*D*S, CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISM ARE "RETALES" OF ANCIENT GREEK COSMOLOGY.

STOP SPREADING HIS LIES YOU AMERIFAT.

You are a kike bastard who needs to kill himself.

Refer to this post:
Christianity is a tool used by the Jews.
The reason Jews were expelled is because Jews were too reckless with their plans of European domination, so they were caught.
The rulers didn't want to convert, because their families were deeply rooted in Christianity.

is this actually a 4th century depiction of Jesus? I thought the long haired depiction didn't occur until the 9th century Europe

slave religion of merchant worship

Tfw people like this exist

Every day we stray further from God

It wouldnt be the first time a white guy pioneered some other ethnicity's religion.

No.
1. The Bible says men should have short, NOT long hair.(1 Corinthians 11:14)
2. The Bible says there was a seperate cloth for Jesus' face.

This notion is false. The jews in Palaestina were kicked out and the land was occupied by egyptian and levantines, as well as roman officers. The region wasn't settled by many arabs, instead the locals suffered an arabification, prompted by Islam and centuries of arab caliphs in a similar manner as it happened in Egypt to the Coptics, and there is no reason to believe the hebrews were any different from similar levantine ethnic groups such as the Assyrians (pic related). The hebrews weren't white at all, that notion is absurd. In fact, due to Ashkenazi admixture it's likely the modern Jews in Israel are whiter than the ones found in ancient times.

>Every day we stray further from God

>I am crazy because I believe in more than 1 god.
>You are not crazy because you believe in only 1 god.

You're garbage, kid.
You are a weak sheep following trends.
Christianity is the largest religion, so it has to be the right one, huh?

You guys admit yourself that we are basically in a societal dark age, which is TRUE.
The truth about the universe keeps getting stained by monotheistic sheep like you.

What makes you different from me?
Both of us have our own sets of beliefs that are impossible to disprove, different but similiar at most of their core tenets.

Every religion is based on Greek mysticism, which is the basis of ancient Greek cosmology.

>156895483
>The Shroud of Turin or Turin Shroud is a length of linen cloth bearing the image of a man who is alleged to be Jesus of Nazareth.
>Taking Jesus’ body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs. - John 19:40
>Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen. - John 20:6-7

so was it a shroud or was it just strips of linen?

Everything is based on Greeks yes, OY vey malakes

Get out of here, sandnigger. Please do blabber to others with your nonsense.

Hm.
Who is the sandnigger?
The one who worships the religion created by ancient greeks (aka whites before ottoman rapes), who were also the leaders of philosophy, technology, culture, warfare, seafaring and religion of ancient times?

Or the religion that was LITERALLY founded in the Middle East and is based on a DIFFERENT, JEWISH religion.

Just shut the fuck up you absolute fucking cuckold nigger and get out of my sight, manchild.

Keep worshipping the jews, you motherfucking SANDNIGGER.

no offence

I find it humorous that athiests use this argument against Christianity. If you truly view the world in purely secular terms, then the fact that all of these various philosophies came the the same thematic and mythological conclusions about how man should best conduct himself should strengthen the argument, not detract from it.

Why do you still worship the Pantheon when they were BTFO'd by Socrates/Plato, Aristotle, among other Greek thinkers?

Surely, a Greek immersed in the Pantheon would know much more about them then some Kraut? And these Greeks reject the Pantheon, as they cannot be God(s).

The point of a miracle is that it defies the laws of time and space, retard. If miracles happened all the time, they wouldn't be miracles. Telling yourself that miracles don't exist because they don't occur in nature is a self-defeating argument.