Which college degrees are still worth it?

Which college degrees are still worth it?

>inb4 learn a trade

I've got two left hands so a good degree is my only chance at making some decent money.
Student debt isn't an issue over here, but I don't want waste my time for a total meme degree either.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Law, Medicine or Math/Finnance/ IT.
Maybe agro.

Pretty sure the lawyer job market is saturated

You have to specify what your interests are.

Starting a businessis the only smart path today for white men. Good luck getting into tech with diversity quotas. If you want to go into debt to learn business and finance memes that have nothing to do with the real world, go ahead, but you would be better off starting early without a degree. You won't be successful for a few years, but the same would be true if you went to college.

STEM is the best investment. Nursing and accounting are also good bets. Get a bachelor's and be done with it. Avoid anything else unless you know you'll be best of the best in that field. That includes law and medicine, which pay well but don't give most students a positive ROI.

Math, 300k starting.

I too had two left hands and was fairly underweight when I went into plumbing. If you stick with it you will get better and develop good skills. I started only 5 years ago, all my schooling was paid for by my company and i got gibs while in school AND a $2000 grant just for finishing it. I jumped in 5 years ago and I'm on my way to opening my own business. If you have even the slightest interest don't discount it all together.

Yeah by Jews. Dutchanon could easily become a lawyer and defend people who otherwise wouldn't be able to be adequately defended when they start dropping solutions to the JQ. A Jew lawyer representing you to a Jew Judge? Good luck.

Accounting. Finance if you're good but most people end up selling insurance.

Law market is heavily oversaturated. Unless you're a star with good connections, then instead of getting a big firm job, you'll probably end up working some obscure government or NGO job that pays less than engineers make right out of college, and you'll be starting 3 years after them with way more debt.

>two left hands

As in the old expression, or do you actually have some medical condition. If so, pics are needed.

I have no particular interest in any field, but tuition is basically free and I can handle pretty much any degree. I just want to pick the one with the best job-prospects.

Or at the office of the public defender.

Finance.

Making $120k (Salary+OT+Bonuses) annualy

I'm 22 and fresh out of college.

Avoid accounting at all costs. We make fun of accountants because they are becoming more and more useless. besides, a finance guy can do what they can plus more.

with that flag you don't need a degree, just pack you car full of weed and cross any border to become rich

>two left hands
Im a faggot that wont even try to better myself

I'm an Occupational Therapist (basically a physical therpaist for the upper extremities). I'm

Debt isn't a problem, starting a business takes money, which I don't have. Not to mention that thanks to EU regulations I'd be drowning in paperwork and taxes. Just doesn't seem like a realistic option.

In the Netherlands even jobs like
computer scientist, business clerk (businessman) or pharmacy assistant are considered trades that you learn in a 3-4 year long co educational apprenticeship you mong.

Electrical engineering or accounting are best options imo.

>wiping old peoples' asses
No thanks

get a Bachelors in Nursing. Starting pay for most nurses is $68k + benefits (without overtime). After a few years, go back to school to become a Nurse Practitioner (basically one step below a doctor). This is what I did, and I recommend for any anons.

Yeah if youre dumb enough to work at a nursing home. I work in Neuro rehab mostly with younger people with spinal cord injuries and TBI. Its pretty cool.

The justice system in the Netherlands has been lost by sjw and marxism.

>starting a business takes money, which I don't have
If you have a good business plan, there is no shortage of investors and easy capital in today's economy. You don't have to have a million dollar idea, you just have to convince someone you can make money with your business.
Also many businesses take little to no capital to start.

Engineering, I'm biased towards mechanical

Accounting is.
now I am become the jew

mechanical engineering, focus on robotics

petrol engineering is hte highest paying major currently

Economics

this. Get a degree in something where you KNOW there will be a job waiting and you don't drown yourself in debt to get there.

>and be done with it. Avoid anything else unless you know you'll be best of the best in that field.
This, and I hate to say it, but grad and professional schools are memes because of the time and debt they incur.

It's better to start earning at a younger age. Post-poning income and marriage and a mortgage and retirement and things that really need a jump start I would say is inadvisable unless the ROI is incredible.

This too.

The reality is that one cannot say that their talent in writing or collecting semen in 2-liter bottles or knitting pony blankets is going to lead to a living wage let alone riches.

It's better to compromise and find something that you both excel at and make a living with considerations for happiness and feasiblity.

I'm learning this shit the hard way.

Is accounting that bad? I've considered that or actuarial science

This is currently all my completed courses below. I will end college at the end of 2018. I really hope I find something good after, and not the jobs that only give 25cents raises for its workers here.

Even with my trade there is a huge problem of employers paying them less. I basically took the hardest trade to learn in exchange for not so good money. I guess that will serve in some way as job security, but like I said, even my trade has a big problem with cheap labor.

another thing is, in the end it really doesn't matter what degree you have if you are not going to apply yourself later. Too many students in college who have racked up insane amounts of units/credits but are still not working. Personally I don't believe they ever will, and really I do not blame them. Why work these trades when they will pay you the same as someone working at mcdonalds or jiffy lube in a few years. Not worth the headache. In the end at least I learned something which I can take with me and have fun with. All these other people literalyl fucked themselves with useless degrees which they cannot apply anywhere. You will see in about 10 years when shit hits the fan and there are people on the streets here.

Print Interpretation I
Print Interpretation II
Basic Machine Practice and Theory
Machine Practice I
Machine Practice II
Machine Practice III
Computer Aided Manufacturing Milling
Computer Aided Manufacturing Milling Practice
Computer Aided Manufacturing Milling Intermediate
Computer Hardware - COMPTIA A+ Certified License #removed
Math 110 Introduction to Algebraic Concepts
Math 115 Elementary Algebra
Math 120 Plane Geometry
Math 240 Trigonometry

I got a's in all of them.

Depends on what you practice, but even then its not the job market thats saturated its that in law schools many simply get in and come out with no jobs because they should have never gone in in the first place. Call it laziness, call it shit IQ but the bar is super low for law schools and many just fucking suck. Med-Male is the best option if you go this route but be warned you will need to be really fucking good or you wont make that 7 figure salary everyone in law school thinks is handed to them on a silver platter.

PhD chem here. Given what I've seen, market looks like this

Math -> specialize in machine learning, CS, data mining.
Math -> go into stats, do actuary work in banks or health

Biology-> go into medicine. Anything else and youbwasted your time and money

Engineering -> do robotics

CS -> do cyber security

Physics/chemistry -> become a lawyer and do patents, or go into medicine

There are no other useful degrees in college. If you want to make bank in law, get good scores, get into best college, ivy league, go into debt, take the easiest classes to get a 4.0, score high on lsat, then make it into a ivy law school.

>Math 110 Introduction to Algebraic Concepts
>Math 115 Elementary Algebra
>Math 120 Plane Geometry
>Math 240 Trigonometry

basically, just go to college to party.
chances are that you will be making less than 10% more than those without a degree, but you will also have a debt.

Fix your hands n00b, no-hander, clumsy canal-nigger

Just looking at indeeds job listings and some of what they are asking for is laughable. A guy who knows how to setup a machine and run parts should never work for 45K a year, much less In California of all places, but that's what some of these places are asking for. On top of that they want 10 years experience. LOL

You can deliver pizzas while driving for uber and make somewhere near that here in California. Worst of all, they will find someone for this position because you have an influx of cheap labor willing to do it, and the lobbyists making money off of that too. Everything will go to shit if we don't protect our jobs, regardless what trade or profession it is.

I had to take it. My trade doesn't really need higher math other than knowing basic fractions, some formulas and trig.

Art degree and Gender studies are the only worth degrees.
AND FUCK YOU BIGOT IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE ...NAZI

>electrical engineering
>petroleum engineering (it's not only oil)
>chemical engineering
>construction engineering
>automation, robotoic enginerring

I leave out regular computer engineering though many of those degrees are in line with in part the last one, because it's become so pajeted and hours, working conditions etc is not as good as the other ones. I got a degree in such a mentioned computer engineering with robotics, automation and ml. A lot better than regular computer engineering too much outsourcing and pajeting

STEM only. I would do EE or CS unless ur a brainlet.

if you choose engineering when the world is in a recession then you are a MORON.

investment banker? what?

Engineering

>Basic Machine Practice and Theory
>Machine Practice I
>Machine Practice II
>Machine Practice III
>Computer Aided Manufacturing Milling
>Computer Aided Manufacturing Milling Practice
>Computer Aided Manufacturing Milling Intermediate
>Computer Hardware - COMPTIA A+ Certified License #removed
This sounds rather good actually. I wish we had a bit more mechanical engineering than we had on bachelor. We focused a lot of factory stuff, but I would have had a bit more of that.

Need to fill certain criteria here you see, so some classes had to go and was replaced with useless shit to get more "society" points (I lack english for that word, general useless crap not relevant to your edu)

Don't listen to that guy, job prospects are great for accountants. Actuaries are probably even better, but that is a more difficult field than accounting so be warned.

>bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm

>Employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. In general, employment growth of accountants and auditors is expected to be closely tied to the health of the overall economy. As the economy grows, more workers should be needed to prepare and examine financial records.

t. Big 4 Tax Accountant hired straight out of college

Learn Chinese then move to China and teach English

You didn’t test out of it? I took calculus in hs for gods sake.

>basically, just go to college to party.
kek many do this

At my bachelor we had this dude in cl.. well he was only there the first year, he had been trying to take his bachelor for 7 years... It takes 3 here as we have one more year in high school instead.

So like a bit out in the first semester one of our teachers came over to us and went
>Look guys, I can see you are doing it very well here already
>Now listen up, we have user in your class there
>He has been staying here for 7 years now
>Can't you please take him into your group, he needs to pull this off now and with your help he might just cut it...

So we did he almost made us flunk our coursework too because the tiny part of it he was responsible for, he cut pasted online. I mean the guy had to write not even half a fucking page, and he just fucking copied it, didn't even rewrite it.

The guy flunked at the finals though, the next year he started in 1st grade again. He was cool though, but I didn't like that he almost got us gassed. He didn't give a shit just wanted to party, forver students as they are called here

Guys what do you think about studying to become one of these guys who produce medicine/drugs?

t. brainlet who is getting tired of working manual labour surrounded by shitskin brutes

A friend of my dad is an engineer, he just got a job as a Chief Eng. on a VLCC and he'll be earning 14,000E a month

He's old and experienced though, I don't think new guys earn more than 5k

>Need to fill certain criteria here you see, so some classes had to go and was replaced with useless shit to get more "society" points (I lack english for that word, general useless crap not relevant to your edu)

If you saw our college catalog for this year, there are 5 pages worth of art classes, from pottery, to ceramics, to sculpture, oil panting, three dimensional design, etc, etc. There is not even 1 page full of engineering courses. I had to go to different colleges to even complete some of the classes.

Last year the college was supposed to get new funds, I'm talking millions of dollars to be put in for classes. The engineering department begged them for a robotics class, and they had the most perfect person to teach the class, but instead it went to the art department. They refused even basic solidworks courses to be added to their catalog. They thought nobody would be interested in it.

Is physics still good? Am I allowed into America once I'm qualified?

And we were upset because the school sold one of our dumb robots to a former student. I shouldn't complain I guess. We still got to program the robot, but we had to go to his farm. He had sat up shop in his barn, making these plates for water heating in buildings which are in part popular in israel

>STEM
lol, nope. Only IT maybe.

I applied to materials science. Seems cool.

A majority of college degrees are still worth it. It's the way you leverage your degree and use it that matters. The people who complain about not finding a job and so on are lazy millennials who want to blame their own personal failures on everything and everyone but themselves.

>37▶
> Math, 300k starting.

For a PhD, yes. Anything else is a death sentence of teaching/mediocrity.

Unfortunately you're white so no.

Chemistry? Quite competetive but somewhat good pay.

I was a high school drop out so I basically did everything from scratch. It didn't take too long however. I could have easily tested out with an assessment, I would have skipped a few classes for sure onto something higher, but like I said I dropped out of hs when I was young so I started from the bottom just to be safe, so I learn everything I can as if I started learning the day I took it. Personally I still find math hard and know if I tried anything higher id probably just drop it out of frustration, but I get it now enough where I can use it to my advantage in the machining environment using my scientific calculator ;). It's more about holding tolerances and knowing how to read a blueprint and what the gd&t symbols represents, and also quality. Higher math stuff is for engineers.

My only talent is drugs. I know everything about them and I have an autistic obsession with them. I don't mean degenerate street drugs, I mean legitimate medicine. I think I will try it.

You will get a lot of funky math. I got them in my formula book, we never touched that stuff. Seems kinda cool. Used a lot in mechanical and construction too I think

Daily reminder that only even remotely valuable humanities degree is political science, and that is only on decent university that has internship programmes in EU, NATO, tother international org. or national government.

Without those it's yet another worthless humanities degree.

>Eats a scoop of lab-grade estrogen to see if it works.
You stupid snownigger cuck Arab mohammed-nigger.

Mathematics applied to physics happens to be one of my favorite areas. Pure math not so much.

More like lab-made Trenbolone, memeflaggot

Law is for mutants, and their kids are usually retarded

Their structure or more practical knowledge?

Treno-nigger abalone nigger.

>Looks at trenbolon chemical formula

Wtf

Both. Currently taking the courses required to apply to the 3-year education, it's basically a bunch of pre-med shit but probably easier than actual pre-med. I don't even have to study because I've spent so much time as a NEET austically researching this stuff. I'm gonna go for it cause my current job is not sustainable

>In STEM
>Went fine the first year but I realize now in my second year that I'm too much of a brainlet to continue
Fuck my life, time to search for a job.

Good speed then. Remember to study the reaction mechanisms.

Unsustainable snow-nigger, jew.

Hvor studerte du?

What's your problem dude? I'm not a kike, I'm a Fenno-Swede. plz no bully

thank you user

Tree-nigger.
OK just trolling

>3 years into CS meme degree
>half the time everyone says that the outlook is still great
>other half everyone says that the ship has sailed and you'll be cucked into poverty by pajeet

How fucked am I?

>What do?
Anything that's 1) useful and 2) requires too much intelligence and/or effort for the average normie to do. Basically you'll want to study medicine or some kind of hard science or engineering or the like.

law school is meme but if you end up doing your own practice oe using business law you can make a damn solid career out of it

Finance/economics/ concentrated business majors such as international, math, some chem engineering etc

majors to avoid: comp sci and engineering, physics, 80% of lib arts, biology (enjoy not living well till your 50s)

Be a bureaucrat in charge of universal basic income or other kind of gib.
Every job is going to be either outsourced to Asia or run by robots or supressed by the "muh planet, da global warming" fad

I was going to go the CS path since I knew more about computers than I did machining initially, however I'm glad I went the path i did. You are right, it definitely feels like CS is just another degree that will be cucked into nothingness. Granted, the ship sailed for machining too, but with machining it's kind of hard for people to take your job since you have to physically be there to learn, and for many that's a deal breaker. You have to be standing on your feet the entire day, that's a deal breaker for many, so they don't pursue it. Those who are thinking they are going to be making high six figures after they get their CS degrees are dreaming now days, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but like you said, that ship sailed. The ones before you already made the moves, now it's nothing more than rats eating table scraps waiting to be completely cornered by pajeets. My best friend in college had a cs degree, he went to company after company until he decided to just teach at a college. Apparently the jobs were not consistent enough and he got sick of having to go to new companies after several years.

The truth is none of this shit is going to last with globalism and open border cuckness, they are all going to go to shit, from nursing to machining to computer science, they are all on the chopping block.

It can be something that takes very little to get rolling. For example, I've started a vending machine business with my brother. We pay about 1,000 for the machines, we have a contact who has spent the past 40 years doing placement for these machines, we pay him $350 per machine to get them into a building. We started with 10 machines, total cost to get them in was ~ 14000, and they're bringing in roughly 2400/mo total, meaning that we got back our initial investment within the first year and then some (in theory it would have been double our investment, but it was not as we did not get all machines immediately or place them immediately).

Year two they yielded 28k gross. We had to find a wholesaler to get the cans of soda or chips, etc. for pennies on the dollar with bulk purchases, but now that we have that all it takes is a few hours on a given day to enter some of these buildings and re-stock the machines. Many of them can be done on the weekend, some must be handled either early or late on a weekday so we can still make it to or from our day jobs. We're in year three and we want to expand to 20 machines and add more per year as long as they keep a similar rate of return. We figure we'll be able to handle the restocking of roughly 50 machines between us before we literally can't do it by ourselves anymore, but we'll see. The operating costs are very low, the machines don't break very often and we've avoided businesses or buildings which want to take a cut off our books.

If we get to 20 machines we should be making in the neighborhood of 40-50k gross, and after expenses maybe we each walk away with an additional 18-25k in income from relatively cheap initial investment. This is not our only iron in the fire but you get the idea. Sure, not everyone will be able to get into this same market everywhere but there are little opportunities like this all over the place where you don't necessarily need a business loan or something.

C I V I L
E N G I N E E R I N G

I'm studying technische bedrijfskunde right now. I really like it so far, it's mostly management/business stuff but focused on manufacturing companies.

I'm not sure, but whatever you do, find out sooner than later. I'm still indecisive at 38 and probably too old to start from the absolute bottom as I dropped out of high school. Maybe next life I can have a neat job in engineering or something and not be homeless for most of my "best years".

Is business administration worth studying? I'm too stupid or lazy for engineering degree

Library sciences
Take a bunch of easy meme courses and get a guaranteed chill government job

> I'm still indecisive at 38 and probably too old to start from the absolute bottom as I dropped out of high school.

That's bullshit. You are almost my age, to an exact even, yet here I'am going to several local community colleges and working part time taking care of old people, while I have a girlfriend too who I live with. There are people in their 60s at college, you think you are too old? Oh I also dropped out btw. The reality is nobody gives a fuck about high school, all those things you heard in hs becoming important are lies. What matters is college, there are people with no hs diploma who became machinists at JPL because they just went to school and those courses started adding up. That's the thing, in the beggining one or two complted courses don't mean much, you think it's a waste of time, but once you have completed over 10, you literally almost get to pick where you want to work, and employers will less likely fire you as well, I would know I got let go for exactly that, not having any education, but I'm changing that, and if I can do it so can anyone else. You have to at least try, you are not even trying.

engineering maths in general are always useful, it's not always the case. But that you get to use it for something, this is what makes it fun.

As an example, we had a lot of (((statistics))), most of that shit is boring as fuck so most didn't do as well on that and economics which it had in the same class in one of the courses. Then over to ordinary engineer math and boom straight to the moon.

I've always been like that. If I see there is no applicable use of stuff, I don't really care. The first year it was linked in with probability, that's useful though

From what I have heard accountants make a shitton of money.

"engineering is hard" is a meme
the only people who say this are normies who show up to half their lectures, binge drink and party every single night and never study, then come to class on exam day hungover, stare at their exam and wonder "wTf hOw am i suPpoSed tO kNoW hoW to dO thiS?"

Don't treat your classes like a dumb normie does, instead study 2+ hours a day. You can pass any class.

Join the military and go to college for free. You also get paid monthly for cillege on the GI Bill. A lot of people are gunna shill and call yiu an goyboy in here, but don't listen to them. Make your own choices in anu case.

I joined, learned a trade, and I'm about to graduate from university amd go to law school. Anything is possible. Praise kek