twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wake up
>check news
>no season 2
>cry
>sleep
please help it's been almost six months

Wait for flipcon

Why didn't Mimi just turn Papika and Yayaka into flowers?

What else would fill s2 other than generic adventures and Yayaka getting NTR'd

What did they mean by this?

That sounds fine to me

Lillies symbolise purity and are heavily present in yuri works, particulary ones of the Class-S genre that ep5 uses as its framework.

>Generic adventures
>Girls getting NTR'd
I wonder what airing anime is like that right now

>Cockona

>Papicunt

Anyone else panicked a bit at this scene?

>Class-S genre
What is that? Are you talking about the flowers?

Last episode made absolutely no sense, I'm still trying to figure it out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_S_(genre)
>Are you talking about the flowers?
Yes, those are lillies.

Come on, this one isn't hard. It's the same shadow that tricked Mimi into switching places with him. And that madman shot it.

What didn't you get about last episode?

The story delivered its entire message in the first season. Not really much left to expand on.
I still know how you feel ;-;

What dimension they actually ended up at the end?
Did Mimi die? What happened to Salt, was he absorbed by Mimi? We're there multiple papikas? How did she leave the other dimension? Where did they go at the end? What happened to the rabbit? Did Yayaka just gave up on Cocina?
Was there a time skip? What's the deal with the twins?

I would definitely want to see a shoujo rendition of the same premise.

A good dimension.
No.
No.
No.
The question is how did Cocona not leave the other dimension.
A good dimension.
Nothing.
Gave up on what, they are still friends.
No.
They are anima/animus.

Papika looks particularly fluffy here.

All your "no" answers need a proper justification, to me it seems they were at best "maybe".

i wonder if mimi thinks it's weird that he best friend wants to bang her daughter

Who was the dead body in the first episode? Was that ever explained?

They are honest answers, at least. Admittedly just no answers aren't really much information, but I don't have any more energy left to make an argument for them.

someone who wasnt compatible with papika
dont know why she was ded though and why no one seemed to care

I think this explained the last ep. Check the archives as well if you care.
docs.google.com/document/d/1op4t5YrC1QoCRy7pW3z0n5clS9Vi694vZbS7wByisU4/edit

Was that written by the same guy who ironically over analyzed the OP and the first episode?

Oshiyama later stated that she was not dead, just unconscious. Sayuri brought her back to her home.

Her best friend basically died and was reset into current Papika, she's a different person just with the same basic programming. It's not like it's the old Papika in a young Papika body.

Probably not. This is just a compilation mined mostly from threads after flifla aired. It seems to align with what was generally agreed upon by our resident psych experts.

Yayaka / Papikana is the best ship.

Did we ever figured out to who the PIs of the episodes 1 and 7 belong to? I would have guessed that they both belong to Cocona.

Oh, and episode 5 too, no idea whose that could be.

Remember Umwelt doesn't just belong to someone. Umwelt is the subjective perspective of someone with respect to something or someone else. In this sense episode 1 PI is Cocona's reading of Ten Nights of Dreams, and a potential reading of episode 7 PI is Cocona's rumination about her relationship with Papika (but episode 7 PI is extremely complex in its possible readings).

1 is Cocona, 7 is Papika. 5 is the twins.

>5 is the twins
Explain.

>Did Mimi die?
No, she's alive in Pure Illusion. See her standing here in the last PI world we saw after PapiCoco blasted off.
>What happened to Salt, was he absorbed by Mimi?
He never left the real world and he's still there in the ending montage. Only his consciousness was projected into PI by the machine he lay down in. Since the machine is now broken, this also means he can never see Mimi again, which is why she was crying when she said goodbye to him.
>We're there multiple papikas?
Only in one PI and never more than one at a time. If you mean the older Papika, then no, she's just the young one now.
>Was there a time skip?
Only a short one, I imagine. The amorphous children couldn't have gotten into school in just one day, I imagine.
>What's the deal with the twins?
Genetically engineered children to collect the amorphous crystals.

I'm glad someone else thinks so.

Twins are spooky and grey, world is spooky and grey.
I don't really subscribe to the theory but it's the most popular one.
I say that not every PI corresponds directly with a known character, but it's obvious that some do of course, like episodes 2 or 8 for example.

Most of them correspond to known characters, though, only 5 is really up in the air for me, 1 still doubtful but it would make sense if it was Coconas PI. The rest is pretty obvious.

Yes, of course not all PIs are based on known characters, it would be a huge coincidence that PIs only correspond to characters in that show and the rest of the world doesn't have some. We've even seen more PIs in the flashbacks.

SENPAI. All episode, every episode.

>Senpai wins the Coconabowl

>883

Who even funds 3Hz? The government? How are they going to survive after such a blunder?

They already got paid before the series aired. 3Hz is in good shape as far as we can tell.

Is this yuri?

Does it count as yuri if one of the girls has a cock?

Yes

Yes.

Depends

It's amai.

It counts as straighter than hetero

She was never evil. She didn't want to kill her (former) best friend or murder an innocent girl.

They seem to be making money, their release pace keeps increasing.

the yuriest

Flip Flap was meant to be an arthouse anime, maybe they're getting behind-the-scenes funding by some eccentric japanese dude who just wants to see art or something?
It's hard to imagine a parent company funding a money sink, regardless of its artistic merits.

Yeah but no kissing. It's less physical yuri and more the analytic exploration as yuri as a concept and its place in puberty.

>analytic exploration of yuri as a concept and its place in puberty.
What?
I think whether or not yuri has a 'place' in puberty depends a great deal on the person. It clearly had a place in Cocona's puberty, but then it also developed into a romantic involvement, so it's 'place' also clearly extends beyond her pubescence.

I had trouble seeing episode 7 as Papikas until I realised the only person in it was Cocona.

Still I prefer the interpretation that the episode 7 Papika's appearance was guided by Cocona in an attempt to quantify their relationship.

Episode 5 is definitively connected with the stage of their relationship as well. The creepy aspect does fit the twins, but perhaps it also fits Papika and or Mimi due to how they were brought up (in a lab constantly watched and forced to pair up by onlookers unable to leave or move forward with their lives.)

Perhaps Papika and Cocona entering other people's PI's makes aspects of them warp towards representing their relationship. I think we can assume Mimi is effecting PI's similarly to this.

Perhaps their perspective of other peoples' PI will always be coloured by their relationship because that is the power they are using to enter PI in the first place?
(That would go some way to explain why they had to synch up perfectly otherwise their own perspectives could warp the PI in different ways, perhaps episode 3 could be explained in that was with Papika almost geting nothing but eventually geting the jawas and Cocona gets someone to make decisions for her.)

I never said to the contrary.
Does it make more sense if I reword it to "yuri's role in puberty"?

People will tell you lilies = purity and yuri, and they'd be correct.

But on top of that, the symbol of the cut flower in a vase represents stasis. With the flower cut from its roots, it can't grow but won't immediately die thanks to the water. It's a representation of a form of imprisonment where one's agency and ability to individuate are limited and thus held developmentally static. In the case of a flower, it's particularly representing an aesthetic stasis, eg. that the subject is held in this stasis in the interest of preserving some aspect of their current state for the sake of putting it on display, which ties into the recurring symbol of the doll in the same episode. A person being kept like a flower, or treated like a doll, suggests a controlling influence using that person for their own vanity.

The fact that the flower is a lily is important because, as everybody is already well aware, lilies represent purity (in more ways than one). So, this is a symbol of an artificially preserved purity which is being kept at the expense of the preserved individual for the sake of the preserver. Cocona and Papika are trapped in a time loop which keeps them imprisoned in this state of preservation to reflect the desire of the controlling influence (a shard of Mimi's subconscious) that wishes to control and preserve her daughter like a doll, undermining her agency for the sake of a selfish sense of personal validation.

But it's a doomed stasis. Just as the Great Mother archetype involves the emotional/psychological death of the child who is unable to individuate due to the influence of the Terrible aspects of the mother figure, the preserved flower eventually wilts without roots to grow. The design and colour scheme of the gokigynoids represent this inevitable decay, as their pale off-white skin and dark-grey blotches use classic japanese ghost-horror motifs to signify the wilting of the white lily.

This wilting aspect is why people caught in the school gradually become like the gokigynoids (eg. Bu-chan) and why the PI's influence was to make someone "hot and bothered" as their preserved, artifical purity gradually decays.

This is also why the beginning of the episode featured external shots of Lilies growing naturally, but transitioned to repeated shots of lilies in a vase once the pair were enthralled by the school's influence. They returned to their dorm, and the camera returned to a shot of those lilies, every night, emphasizing their lack of freedom, and when they finally resolved to resist the influence of PI and seek a way out, the last shot of those lilies we get is them having been plucked from their base and jammed inside Bu-chan.

Seems lik money laundering or at the very least tax evasion, they have very talented people to be just a no name studio.

Arthouse stuff is important in the anime industry because A. it's absolutely essential to have a portfolio to present prospective business partners and B. it's important to build and maintain connections within the industry.

It can be desirable to run at a loss on a single project if you can accomplish these two things. For a new studio, the importance is paramount because you won't get more work if you can't show that you've done good work in the past, and even if you do get work, you'll be trapped if you don;t have good industry connections to bring on talented directors/writers, character designers, animators and so on to help produce your work. You can only do so much in-house.

Infinite likely funded the project as essentially an investment in the future of studio 3Hz, who now has a very close working relationship to Infinite. Having relative control over your very own small studio that produces high-quality work is a very good thing. It means next time some bigshot IP is looking to fund an adaptation of their work, Infinite can present themselves as a business partner with a strong position.

Risks like that are necessary in the industry and every studio takes them often because since their portfolio needs to remain current.