Hoes does TOEI CGI look this good?

Hoes does TOEI CGI look this good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3i-sUSQoRjs
youtu.be/Zb23-qAOjeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They cut costs everywhere they can. It only makes sense that they'd eventually use all of that saved money on something.

Well, that's not really that good. Good looking CGI is when you can't tell it's CGI so..

That's not even close to the upper end of Toei CGI.

According to?

>Good looking CGI is when you can't tell it's CGI

?

Does the same apply for drawings?

No.

Considering how bad their 2D tends to look, maybe they should switch to 3D permanently.

What's even the point of CGI at all then? It's not really much cheaper when you're going to such lengths to make it look organic.

Kado is pretty shit for Toei-standard CG though.
youtube.com/watch?v=3i-sUSQoRjs

>comparing a movie to a TV show
That's not "standard" at all.

It's a 20 minute movie for a kids show and Toei has never animated a full length CG TV series before. So that does happen to be Toei's standard.

>one still cherry picked by marketing looks good
Stop the presses.

>It's a 20 minute movie for a kids show
If anything the fact the movie only lasted 20 minutes makes expecting the same level of animation from a TV Series even more retarded.

Still looks like shit in motion.

I hated it at first but it's really not that bad, I wouldn't mind if more shows felt the need to use this style to save costs or whatever.

CGI is not cheap, this is such a dumb meme.

Cheap, no.
Cheaper, yes. It does help in saving the budget a little bit

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Id-0 is the better looking CGI show this season imo. Girls actually look kawaii and the model proportions don't look fucked up.

In Japan, making anime pays hourly. The longer it takes to make an episode, the more it will cost. CGI is faster because they don't have to draw each individual frame.

>In Japan, making anime pays hourly
Animators get paid by cut, not by hour.

Unironically the best show this season.

Still looks shit enough for me to drop it the second it came up in that plane scene.

CGI is not cheaper.

It is faster.

>still watching Toei
That's like watching Miyazaki movies at this point. When will you learn from your past mistakes?

2D or 3D depends on which kind of story that is.
Personally, Kado was made on a good choice.

Are you for real? Current 3d in anime is awful, at some point it almost made me want to stop watching these low-cost garbages

CG suits the way Kado and Wam were portrayed as well as appearing and floating alien's limbs.

Toei using Unity engine.

No, maybe you like ID-0 art design or Sanzigen in general, but that's not how you judge CG animation. Kado is obviously superior in animation and integration, and they're using Unity engine. If you're CG illiterate, please watch Tsukai's car scene.

And Tsukai is more qter than all of those girls in ID-0, even zaShunina.

Those anime are shonenshit, budgeted by Bandai, Fuji TV, and Shueisha, meaning limited budget for 1000+ episodes Toei can't go all out. All of those bad scenes were outsourced, made by flips at Toei Philippines.

Compared to Precure, always sponsored by Mcdonalds annually, and their anime originals that always have above average budget, and well-directed compare to your average seasonal animu.

There's only a few traditional animators left, most of them quit, new recruits also quits after a few months, some of them choose to work on 7/11 night shift instead of being an animator because of low salary and overwork. And graduates choosing CG as their profession, triple the salary, clicking buttons all day, no hassle working overseas, and side jobs.

The latest evidence is on SnK latest episode.

And those veteran animators only work for Toei, Toei always have the highest offer when in comes to salary.

CG is the only way out. This anime is an experiment, they're trying to integrate 3D in 2D. Toei trying to save anime using Unity.

I can't blame anime falling for the CGshit meme. Why are 2D animators not respected enough Jesus Christ I blame the gook, flip, and chink animation sweatshops who accept low pay

Agreed. CG suits Kado and its fractals, but was a horrible choice for Berserk, for example.

they train from child
When did they start using CGI for Precure again? I think they were doing the ED in CGI for a decade now

That's impossible in our current technology, maybe in the future. As of now, 3DCG human dolls can't replicate 100% 2D movements.

Look at Guilty Gear subpar art and animation.

And Disney's black&white Paperman.

This is the best we got, and it is also made by Toei.

the first part
youtu.be/Zb23-qAOjeg