How do you assert masculinity in 2018?

Traits of masculine men, such as a beards and tattoos, have been taken over and subverted by feminine social justice warriors.

Traditional values that were typical of a man, such as self-sacrifice or honor, are virtually non-existent or labelled "toxic".

God forbid if you practice courtship in any way while feminism is widespread. In the worst scenario, you risk being accused of harassment and possibly having your life ruined.

The picture to the left was lifted from a Huffington Post article titled "Proof Traditional Masculinity May Actually Be Dangerous."

Our old notion of the "gentleman" is dead. How do you embody a gentleman under current political and social climate?

Other urls found in this thread:

hormones.gr/8449/article/cigarette-smoking-has-a-positive-and….html
youtube.com/watch?v=4pzkRkENmXE
youtube.com/watch?v=3mOB_BCjiHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lift
>get educated
>learn how to handshake, maintain eye contact and talk without stuttering
>read books, news, tabloids stay in touch with normie and redpill things
>dress well and maintain a haircut every month

Bonus points for beard, sick non normie tatoos, drinking alchohol without mixing frizzy drinks, smoking old school cigs.

Congrats you are now top 1% male

>Bonus points for beard
that depends, most people can't grow a beard

beat the shit out of people

>beard
A proper shave in the morning has always been the redpilled thing. It's the sign of a civilized and working man.

>normie tatoos
tattos are gay, avoid them

It starts by doing what's right regardless of popularity.

>i don't want a beard because soyboys have it
You already lost.

>tattoos, alcohol, cigs
Why would you do that you dumbfuck? Because they're advertised as cool? A tattoo is as normie as you get, alcohol and cigarettes are awful for your health. Unless you're like some who trust wine companies advertisements where they say it's good to drink. Not smart at all.

A funny thing about item 3 though: I've actually had males act scared towards me because of my firm hand shake and speech while maintaining eye contact. Always cracks me up

A close shave symbolizes a good battle rhythm.

if you have to strategize how to "assert" your masculinity you sound like a bitch no matter how masculinely you present yourself

Speak your mind. stand for free speech

Read the way of men. /sig/ approved.

Sign of a dumb cattle who can't think for himself. No man in his right mind enjoys scrubbing his face with a piece of metal, and wasting money on razors and foam kikery. Trimmer + keeping it relatively short is all you need. Wasting time scrubbing face like a faggot, not even once.

the core trait of masculinity is stability

the superficial shit doesn't matter
be stable and don't run away from the shit that scares you, and you're as masculine as any reasonable person could ask from you

Never apologize
Never back down
Have a bit of crud under your fingernails at all times

>I've actually had males act scared towards me because of my firm hand shake and speech while maintaining eye contact.

because pic related

Convert to Islam

This. A real man is courageous, honest, has a firm handshake, looks straight into your eyes and keeps his word. The rest is irrelevant.

>most people can't grow a beard
True. 51% of the population is female.

You must be a paragon of virtue, no matter the personal cost.

Masculinity is a symptom of what is good in men. It is not something faked, it is a byproduct of a good life.

Shaving is for proles. Beards are for aristocrats.

No rational woman (yes, women are capable of rational thoughts. Before you all emerge from your mother’s basements to say they’re not) is going to be offended by a man holding the door open for her or politely asking for her number but when you tell her you want to beat her and make her cook for you, most gals don’t appreciate that too much.

By showing me that it'll beat the 80 year old grandma with a .45 ACP in her purse.

>always
look at pictures from the 1800s-1910s, almost every man had facial hair, though not necessarily a full beard.

By having a big dick

I lower my pants and wave furiously my penis around each time someone questions my masculinity

>expect us to open a door and be polite to a girl who won't even cook for us
This is why we beat you cunts.

>do NOT watch anime
>do NOT eat sugary food
>do NOT grow a beard
>do NOT browse Sup Forums on a daily basis
>do NOT play vidya
>do NOT look like a soy boy
>do NOT get tattoos

>get into fishing and cars
>lift
>get confident
>take care of your appearance and hygiene
>don't be a crybaby

It's pathetic that today's ''men'' need a fucking guide on how to be masculine.

>smoking old school cigs
My nigga
hormones.gr/8449/article/cigarette-smoking-has-a-positive-and….html

More incoming

>Traits of masculine men, such as a beards and tattoos
kill yourself

Fuck em. Be a traditional gent anyway. They can't tell you how to live.

Beards and tattoos have always been masculine you mong. Legion airs had tattoos and philosophers had beards. God you autist on this board make me cringe with your ancidotal bullshit of posting a couple of numales with beards and tattoos

>Beards and tattoos have always been masculine you mong. Legion airs had tattoos and philosophers had beards
they weren't masculine in the sense that they were actively sought out as personality accessories

be independent and assertive. that's literally all it takes to be a man. you fucking faggots have a female mentality.

It’s nkt their fault they need help user. Their fathers weren’t real men to them so it’s our responsibility as redpilled masculine men to help our brethren who want to become more masculine

time before the need for gas masks, which work best when properly shaved!

Any old symbols of masculinity, especially when compounded, will just make it seem like the guy who has them is compensating or (literally) signalling virtues. No one will think you're manly with a curly mustache from the 1800s, most of those things come off as immature as wearing a fedora.

>clean haircut
>clean shaven
>clean diet
>in shape
>wears clothes for adults
>has numerous skills
>has an actual hobby
>career or steady employment
>some kind of savings/investments
>educated on the dangers of leftism and non-whites

All you really need

Don't worry about them they just concerned what their jewish fairy god will say.
youtube.com/watch?v=4pzkRkENmXE

wat do when i have short biceps?

Tattoos that are okay
>ethnic
>military
>dates
>words(that is your language no Asian shit)
Tattoos that are not okay
>literally everything else

And not wanting a beard is a stupid thing to do if you’re doing it because you’re afraid of looking numale. You most likely look like a numale already a beard wont change that

unironically sucking your own dick
>incredible physical fitness requirement
>deprives women of their only value (sexual pleasure for men)
>can literally get a blowjob whenver you want
>extra income from bar bets

>military tattoos okay
Clearly never been on FillYourBoots there lad

>random scars
That's fine
>missing limbs
HARDCORE!
>body modification of any kind
KYS!
Something tells me ALOT of you guys are actually pussies who can't functionally have ANY differences of any kind, even if it's just some ink in your skin. How long after the white ethno state before people with hazel, brown and green eyes are sent to the gas?

Also I forgot to add one thing, probably one of the biggest red signs for modern masculinity is memes. More ''men'' need to realize this.

Posting degenerate pictures like that is the opposite of masculinity and a typical sign of nu-male/soy boy. Stop obsessing over cartoons and animated ''sluts''.

Are you a fucking girl or what? Playing a victim is what a girl would do. Take your fucking responsibility and grow some balls.

>cosmetics as male virtues
>list of social acceptability trends
>insults my supposed appearance

you literally have a cunt between your legs. male virtues are attitude and behaviour, not fucking beards or body paint.

Unironically?

>Get big through exercise
>Don't use weak words, annunciate and articulate, for example:

>Well, I think perhaps we need to have a look into who actually tends to donate the most to politicians

Vs

>Politicians should reveal all of their campaign donors and the amount they contributed

Which one is more confident?

>Don't be afraid to disagree with someone
>Have a family and kids, it costs money to raise a kid so you will have a good job

I can't find the exactly quote. The quote is from First Roman Emperor Augustus.
>If you want to show what a real man look like, show it through actions, not words
The quote made me realized that most people tried to show what is a real man look like through words and virtue signaling. In other words, be a real man what you visualize what a real man look like.

>males act scared towards me because of my firm hand shake
It's so rare to encounter a firm handshake these days. Maybe it's due to too much handshaking with women. They just gently hold your hand like it's as delicate as an egg. When you shake hands with a woman it feels like you're going to crush her hand if you're anything but gentle.

People do notice it when skinny little guys grow beards and get tatted up in a cheap attempt at looking masculine. They don't say anything.

But they notice.

>stand for free speech
yeah but i dont think muslims and commies should have free speech

Yeah no. Last time I tried to shake someones hand who was under 25 they ended up trying to play hand gymnastics with me. Slide shake bump twist shake bump holla or something like that

I think the problem most people here have with tattoos is, as OP pointed out, that they have become strongly associated with degenerate culture. Most of them don't have any meaning behind them. You see shit like "I have a unicorn tattooed on my but lol" and it besmirches the whole concept

Beards conceal weak chins and double chins. Its no secret anymore, shave it like a man and if you have the double chin g9 on a diet

Asserting yourself always begins by whipping your dick out.

Fuck beards, unless you do physical labour or work outdoors growing a beard just makes you look like a cuck trying to overcompensate.

Last time I went fishing I crossed paths with a fullgrown beaver emerging from the water and legit thought it was godzilla

Keep traditional values in spite of being called toxic

A child has no responsibility. Only until they’re able to take care of themselves do they have responsibility. And when they take the initiative to learn masculine traits and values we present them with the information to do so. So stfu you fag

>you’re a woman if you disagree with my autism

OP addressed that point when he said that beards have been subverted. They used to be considered manly, but they are no longer.

This

>sick non normie tatoos
faggot
who gives a fuck what women think?

Core trait of masculinity is sacrifice and suffering for the sake of goodness. Says Catholic and Greek philosophers

Hahahaha, this is the modern man in a nutshell.

You are not a fucking child, your brain has matured and you are responsible for your actions. Don't play a fucking victim like a sissy does- understanding this would be your first step to masculinity!

Are you fat? It's you fucking fault.
Are you a loser? It's your fucking fault.
Are you poor? It's your fucking fault.
Are you weak? It's you fucking fault.
You are the blame for ALL your problems.
Now go and fix them faggot and stop complaining and feel sorry for yourself.

look other men dead in the eyes when ever you cross paths

>tattoos
>RE BETA PROCESSING IN FOLLOW THE LEADER.
^=NON alpha.
>One predicts more lazers.

i bet you have a shit beard

Damn you need to work on your reading comprehension sven. I’m gonna say this as clear as possible this time

If you are the biproduct of a neglectful father and a feminist society. Once you’ve reached the age of responsibility it is your responsibility to seek out masculine advice and help. And it is Sup Forumss responsibility to give unbiased and factual help to give people a more masculine life style

I never said to play victim
I never said to remain the same soyboy

My fuck

Amen brother. One of my favorite redpills of all time

a forgotten trait of masculinity is INDEPENDENCE. Independence and even confrontation of the status quo is strongly alpha, it can always be nurtured.

Legit kek. Underrated, neighbor!

This post needs more attention.

This is what soyboys, numales and bugmen are exactly trying to do and just talk shit of masculinity because otherwise they'd be admitting they're trying hard and nobody wants to be a tryhard.

I actually think masculinity is a somewhat difficult thing to define today.

Things that were traditionally masculine are not totally needed anymore. Most jobs are not manual labor jobs so they do not need to be muscular anymore.

Obviously it is good to lift weights for aesthetic reasons, but you also have a lot of beta fags lifting weights, so that is proof that lifting weights is not a defining trait in masculinity.

In today's world, I would say the defining trait of masculinity is somebody who is able to excel at what they do. Typically, only men can push the envelope to the next level. Whether it's music, technology, art, politics, business, or whatever you do, excelling in your field is a trait of masculinity at this point. Probably a big defining trait too.

The reason for this is because women have now entered the work force, but they suck shit at everything they do. So excelling in your field is the trait of masculinity.

As far as physical aesthetics go, I guess just being well-groomed and decently fit. But I don't think this is as big of a deal considering even losers and betas are well groomed and somewhat in shape, but they aren't exceeding in their field or interest or work.

Then of course being confident and all that, but that will naturally come with being aesthetically decent looking and exceeding in your field.

So annoying that these hipster faggots started growing beards.
youtube.com/watch?v=3mOB_BCjiHw

Pic related is Vannevar Bush.

Even if you cannot be a visionary scientist and exemplary patriot like he was you can dress yourself neatly each day and smoke a pipe to annoy finger wagging Puritans.

You have no idea what masculinity is and are trying to play dress-up. This, of course, would make you look like a bitch rather than a man. Masculinity is not something that you wear nor is it a kind of style. Masculinity is a way of being in the world. It is still highly attractive and sought after by women.

The most masculine thing you can do is be a leader. Whether this is of a company, a non-profit, a hobby meetup, whatever, establishing a community with you at the center is always masculine. Women who are a part of that community will regard you in high esteem. Women from outside of the community who witness your position will be awed. Because the point of being a man is to take charge.

The second most masculine thing you can do is to have self-confidence. This does not mean being an asshole. It means asserting yourself and not attempting to subjugate or alter yourself as a means of pleasing others (i.e. beard, tattoo, whatever). You can change yourself for yourself, that is fine. Or you can even change yourself to be a better leader of your community. But you do not pretend to like things you do not like.

There are other more important traits to develop, respect for yourself and others, a firm conviction in your values, a life grounded in those values. But masculinity is something that you live. Being a man is very hard. You have to be a warrior, a poet, a father, a lover, a philosopher, and much more. But being the executive of your life is universally masculine and attractive. Try that over growing some ridiculous peach fuzz.

this

Mostly this.

Chopping wood and lifting weights is something that marketing agencies are selling to us to make us buy flannel and gym memberships.

Genetic determinism means that whatever it is you're looking to get, you don't have and never will.

>T. Coping mutt

While true, there is nothing wrong with flannel.
It was co-opted by the homosexual movement.

own a business
improve yourself
improve society
be assertive

How is being masculine so hard for men my age to be? All you have to do is be yourself and you're masculine (if you're a guy).

True.
Also, shaving your head if you have healthy hair growth is for slave class.

>hm my enemy has a beard
>i better shave mine so i won't be associated with them
>hm my enemy has tattoos
>i better not get any for the previous reason
Next you should stop eating and drinking. After all, your enemies are eating and drinking too. Breathing too,

Tattoo's are degenerate, women can get away with it because they don't know any better.
Beards only suit men whose careers i.e. farmers, lumberjacks etc. are mostly outdoors.
If you work in an office and have a beard, you're a fucking moron.

What made you this fucking insecure? You do realize what you said is all just in your head, right?

How much money do you want me to bet that you lack discipline and scarred your body irreversibly for "cool" points?

I belch loudly to assert my dominance

All if you want to become homeless.

tattoos are for sailors, anyone else who has one is an attention craving normie lemming faggot