PROFESSOR THROWS OUT STUDENT WITH SEVERE ANXIETY

Noah, a student who said he was in the class at the time, said the professor in question, Ed Hedican, accused the student of disturbing his class, of chewing gum and of not paying attention.

Nathan, who didn't want his last name used, and others say the professor called the student’s educational assistant his “handler” and that they “needed to control” him.

Nathan and others say the unidentified student identified to Hedican that he had an anxiety disorder, but allege the professor continued to single him out and be critical of his behaviour.

“The personal support worker with him was almost panicking and eventually the student left in tears and the personal support worker left with him,” Nathan said.

At that point a student in the back of the large lecture hall stood up and started packing up her things, to which several reports say Hedican responded “is this class over?”

That student responded “it is for me,” and proceeded to express her displeasure with the way Hedican had treated the student that had left in tears.

WHO WAS IN THE RIGHT Sup Forums

LINK TO VIDEO AFTERMATH

twitter.com/kiara_butler6/status/953138414160773120/video/1

>HANDLER

WAS THE PROFESSOR /OURGUY/??

“Then the whole lecture hall applauded and just about everyone got up and left” in a show of support, Bok said.

Daniel Zovic said the professor was clearly 'picking' on the student and his aid.

Nathan’s account was corroborated by several postings on social media.

Hedican, who teaches sociology and anthropology at the U of G, was filling in for the course’s regular teacher.

Asked for comment, he replied via email that e has been "advised by the faculty association not to give interviews on this matter, so unfortunately my side is now not taken into consideration."

Charlotte Yates, Provost and Vice President (Academic) at the U of G issued a statement on the issue late Tuesday morning.

“This morning, I learned about an incident involving a professor making inappropriate comments to a student and an educational assistant during a night class Jan. 15. I find this situation troubling,” Provost said.

“The University of Guelph is committed to ensuring a positive learning environment for our students; therefore, I am taking the matter seriously.

“The incident is under investigation, and the professor involved has been placed on leave while we look into the situation and take the appropriate actions.”

Social media was abuzz with comments from those that were in attendance, with others that weren’t there also weighing in.

“By far the most upsetting thing I have ever witnessed,” posted Alexa Robinson on Facebook.

“It was absolutely appalling to see the way a fellow student was treated by a professor tonight,” wrote Genna Villella

Some on social media defended the professor.

“What do you suggest the professor should have done then, the class was continuously being interrupted not just this week but last week as well,” wrote Anthony Miller.

Another poster said Hedican “warned the kid twice.”

What's the fucking issue ? Incomprehensible thread.

she sounds cute I wonder if she needs an understanding bf

Sounds like the chick in the back wants the autistic dick.

a professor threw out a student with anxiety. they say he was picking on her/him whatever. the students walk out.

Sounds like everyone there unanimously agrees the professor went too far.

If you need a handler at all, you are not fit for society, especially not for college. You are nonfunctioning.

As someone go went to Guelph let me assure you that “special needs” students get away with literally anything and the Student Association is best known for taking dramatic stands on absurd and often incredibly mundane issues

And as someone who now lives in Guelph the students as a whole are a bunch of degenerates who do nothing but piss in the streets every single night and fuck up local businesses by being blind slaves to stupid trends

>“By far the most upsetting thing I have ever witnessed,” posted Alexa Robinson on Facebook.

Ah, to live a life like this.

>Noah, a student who

(((noah)))

say what you actually mean pussy

Back in my day retards had their own schools. Worked a lot better than this shit

Nope, everyone knows the proper term is "tard wrangler"

with adequate support someone can achieve their potential. no need to be a cunt over it
picking on people with needs is a cunt move, and in this day and age how sheltered is the professor to not have experienced hundreds of these kids already?

what does
>SEVERE ANXIETY
mean? is it a mental disorder? are they just Sup Forumstards?

How is this news you fucking faggot?
Some kid cried because his teacher was a dick?
Go back to rebbit.
Here's a sage.

Might be high functioning autism

People who are completely spastic and retarded who are unfit for society shouldn't be bothering with higher education.

there's a reason special needs are taught to be janitors when they're in high school. Special needs kids at college is an absolutely ridiculous concept, what kind of higher learning can a retarded person achieve and what can they accomplish with it?

speciall schools are the right environment. Im a primary teacher and theres about 2 in every class of 30 now who ned one to one support. youre lucky if one gets a part time helper though. they closed a lot of the special schools here. I feel very sorry for the ones who get dumped into mainstream and cant cope. its nerve shredding for everyone else too. adequate support and it can work though

autistic people have handlers? i havent met many autistic people especially in university. wouldnt aspergers be more likely?

if he was exhibiting 'behaviours;' as a coping strategy that does sound more like a form of autism. could be extrememe mental ill health, could be anything really. hes done well to go to uni with any of that really.
Im purely just shy and its affected my career and everything

some spaz was squirting his retardo juice everywhere

how fucking hard is it to sit and shut up

meanwhile 80% of students were glad the loud disabled person left so they can actually study

professor was doing them all a favor

It means SEVERE AXIETY. Which in the US is protected as a disability. (CPTSD, PTSD, like that)

>Alexa

oh here she is

How is this Sup Forums related?
Why is op a faggot?

>With a team of 6 caregivers all paid for by the tax payers I can output the work of 1/2 of 1 normal person!
This is progress in your country isn't it. With the rates of inbreeding in Muslim communities within your life time every single white person will have to take care of like 5 disabled Pakis with bad genes. Have fun changing a 150 pound persons hummus diapers and falafel bags.

Nope

nothing worse in the world than a bad teacher

really had no idea it existed. i see meme girls posting about ANXIETY I CANT FUNCTION PEOPLE THINK IM WEIRD Xox :memeface:

>allowing your girl to have her tits hanging out on social media.

Aspergers is an outdated term. Now when you're diagnosed you're just "on the spectrum"

Future fatty. Bitch will have a BMI of 28.5

Narcissistic professor

Taught uni and HS, 99% of people aren't aware they're being disruptive and shit bricks the moment you call them out

Teachers that freak out like this do it because their pride is hurt. They're paid to teach and if people aren't paying attention it is their own fault

My orgo professor literally yelled at a student "Shut the fuck up or im gonna come back there"

i had no clue who the hell he was even talking to the room was pretty quiet, some professors are extremely easy to set off

did you cry and sue the school? probably should have

no but he did end up apologizing to all of us in a later class after his wife told him to cut it out lmao

his wife? was she in the class to?

10/10

no he just told her what happened at home im guessing

>when your service animal is a furry

>severe anxiety makes you worthless
Severe anxiety is crippling. Just going to the store can be enough to cause an anxiety attack.

That doesn't mean a person is worthless to society. That person simply needs to find a way to contribute while dealing with their issues

Liberal millennial version of the "Former Marine punches ACLU atheist professor" copypasta.

If they have issues that strong a public university is not the place.

Also if you need a fucking handler you are not a functioning adult, you are a fucking mongoloid and should be taken care of in a special place outside the public.

most older professors are pretty based

>hanging out?
What?

the problem with that is the epidemic of retarded leftists all larping that they actually have that level of anxiety

its the same thing as everyone yelling rape when a guy looks at them. detracts from actual problems

Lol all the scummy reporters are circling like sharks.
>WE'VE GOT ANOTHER VICTIMIZATION/STRONG WAHMEN STORY GOYS

The teacher likely went a bit too far, but I don't think it was that important.
Here in my school the principal sides with teachers no matter what so a bad teacher calling us ignorant and mocking worse students just for being unable to solve problems is perfectly fine. One of the girls broke out crying.
So, this doesn't shock me at all.
On another hand, often some people were in class only to start trouble. In my last years it wasn't such a problem, but in years 9/10 it really made things worse, so I get why teachers get frustrated
We've also had our fair share of teachers with severe anxiety and depression, to the point they aren't able to teach properly: one of them panicked about how far behind we were with the studies plan all the time and made it impossible for us to focus.

>mohamed
>nilima (LOL what the fuck kind of name is that)

Fucking vultures.

I hope the tard drops out for his own good.
I doubt he actually wants to be there, he's most likely being forced by his normie parents.
This is awful, it's like making a paraplegic a long distance runner. I'm tired of bulldhit like this, people can certainly see the absurdity of this when it relates to physical qualities but not mental ones. But muh everyone has the smartz. Fuck this.

Usually means a poorly understood disorder where someone is hyper sensitive to surprise or criticism and conflict. Like if you went up to the troubled girl and said "There's a man outside who said he's going to fuck you against that concrete pillar. He'll be in soon to take you on your date." She would probably short circuit and have a conniption fit.

Nah dudes a dick and should lose his job

Act like a fucking adult, not some whiny little bitch who beats someone up with disabilities.

>Act like a fucking adult
maybe the mongoloid autist should be able to do this in order to be in a classroom

>retard achieves full tard potential
>all the non tards have to learn at retard pace
>every other student got less potential out of their education

What happened already happened.

Therefore the professor was in the wrong and should be punished, shit happens and the professor was too big of a child with a short temper to use logic to settle the situation.

He should be punished and smeared online.

Lol what's up my fellow Gryphon's. I remember when the first student posted this to the university of Guelph "overheard" Facebook group. I finally have a direct connection to something on Sup Forums. My life is complete. .

No seriously though, fuck that Prof.

who was the chick? is she legit retarded or what?

>anxiety
>disability
lmao

retards should be culled like lame cattle

guy i mean

it means the sheltered little fuck has trouble with public speaking or gets nervous in social encounters or some innocuous shit like that and their rich yuppie parents got them their own handler because they're so fucking special

>needs a handler
fucking retard should just be euthanized.

>teacher bullies students
>moral high grounders proceed fuck off because feelings
>people who dont care fuck off because its school

derr ferkin reterd he shuld be eurthenieddd!!!!!!!!!

>I hope the tard drops out for his own good.
>I doubt he actually wants to be there, he's most likely being forced by his normie parents.

Creating people who can do light jobs instead of lifelong dependents is a good thing you fucking brainlets.

i dont want them in the country, yes muslims have a high rate of fucked up or autistic kids compared to everyone else. I think they shouldnt have closed the special schools

Is there something wrong with you m8?

the support is there to make sure they acheive at the rate of the normal students. as I said if it works, great. ive seen both sides of it in a classroom, both as a student and a teacher

I remember getting suspended in hs for leaving class once because I was having a full blown panic attack and didn't even realize I did it. Shit sucks.

The schools were called Engineering or trade schools. Most had smaller classes, and the students got time to individually focus on their work and had smaller class sizes, and more individual time with the professors. That class size was huge, especially for someone who probably on the autistic spectrum. Also, back in the day, nobody gave a shit if you drank a small amount of beer or alcohol, and the coffee drinks weren’t being pushed on everybody as much. Coffee can be horrible for autistics.

can you offer some form of evidence to back this, user

Chewing gum constantly, doing something else that annoys the professor, has an Aid to assist him. Seems to have an issue focusing in a giant classroom. Probably autistic.