How is he seen in modern Spain? Is he considered a fascist?

How is he seen in modern Spain? Is he considered a fascist?

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://elpais.com/diario/1992/02/25/opinion/698972412_850215.html&prev=search
youtube.com/watch?v=LORgmMiHqh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump
Wanna know

Yep...

No one?

Am also curious!

He was... he and his army consider himself as fascist.

Franco defended his interests and the interests of his people in the best way he could at a time when his country decided to choose which road to take at a crossroads.

I must say that I think he was an honorable man with a high sense of responsibility. Not very intelligent but wise.

i mean its no secret he was a facist

Yes, he is

Someone said that because he nationalized most businesses, that he was more of a leftist. translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://elpais.com/diario/1992/02/25/opinion/698972412_850215.html&prev=search

Can anyone give more info on this, please?

Didn't know about that but i will read.

I just can say there are 3 things that he belived:

GOD
FATHERLAND
KING

Yeah, i am not saying he was a leftist, but the guy treated it like because he privatized businesses, that Franco was a complete commie.

I think I got it...

He wasn't a commie, but as i said before he wasn't that smarth... he is the kind of soldier that up rank fighting on battlefield... good at war, bad economist just comited to return the power to the king. I must say that he did what he concider the "right choise" for keeping the power and destroy the spanish republic and their souporters.

Well he wasn't completely for the Spanish miracle, as he did get help from Opus Dei Technocrats. I guess that's why most people just call him conservative.

I think conservative is an accurate term. Facism was just the tool.

youtube.com/watch?v=LORgmMiHqh0

Alright, well the guy did have a Catalan flag so he may have exaggerated things to piss us off. Oh and i meant to say "he nationalized businesses" not privatize. Still though, you get the drift.

He's considered a fascist, as for how people feel about him, as with anything it depends on who you ask, I lived in the Basque Country for two years and they're mostly not find of him there

He's considered a fascist but he was not actually a fascist after 1945.
That's carlists, a group of people which he backstabbed btw, not Franco.

After 1945 i guess he could be called an authoritarian conservative, but most still consider him fascist. As for their neighbor, Portugal, i think Salazar could be called a fascist.

Catalan flag?

yep, i got what you meant.

Poster who gave me the info.

Agree... also after 1945 was a difficult season to be fascist.

He abolished the edict of Granada (which was the edict that forbade Jews and Moors to be in Spain), he sold us to the United States, betrayed Carlists and betrayed Falangists. For some reason he's considered a fascist and it's to modern Spain what Hitler is to Germany with the exception people in Spain believe the country is still being fucking run by Franco and Francoists and it's why we're fucked because no fascist movement will rise here because of this bullshit of being afraid of being called a Francoist.

Oh yeah...it sounds tendentious.