Indoctrination in College Textbooks

> spring semester just started
> cracking open the books to study
> book seems ok, freedom vs equality, explained evolution of post-Hellenic
> wait a minute, this part of the paragraph has nothing to do with any other-
> oh

I have seen it unequivocally now. Honestly, it's like a little girl putting in the last word. (((They))) do this shit all the time, more than I thought before until I started paying for this shit.

Welcome to college, I guess. This is what happens when one has to take an online undergraduate and wants to remain flexible. I know I paid, but I'm venting anyway. My other professor had us jerk off the Grameen Bank and Clinton lackey Muhammad Yunus as a full page assignment a few semesters ago; it was nauseating.

look at the citation and see what it means by "innovation"

Explain more.

one sec, it's Kindle so it does things weird

In what aspect?

What makes you mad about it? Because they're dissing Europe or some such?

7. Angus Maddison, Contours of the World Economy, 1–2030 AD (New York: Oxford University Press, 2007).

>anarchy
>dark ages

Not even that. To me, it seems the author is presupposing that the reader sees Europe as superior and is being defensive about it

Good point I guess.

You see it now? It's not major on the face of things, but it combines with many other little things to put me over the edge about this shit.

The statement isn't precisely wrong as China had more wealth, but it was far more centralized.

Yeah, it reads like some butthurt high school kid trying to bring down European Histories. It's not something an actual historian would ever say because you would know not to make such broad over-reaching comparisons

in regards to the economy that's probably true, look up Padmanabhaswamy Temple. oh yeah and most Europeans actually thought Timbuktu was made of gold. Africa and Asia were quite idealized by Europeans in terms of its wealth. but the phrasing the book uses to explain this, like "innovation," is really misleading. Africa still hasn't invented the wheel

Tell me about it. I've learned more from reading an abridged passage of the Muqaddimah by Ibn Khaldun than this shit. It's so refreshing to read true historical analysis on paper.

Not denying the highlighted statement doesn't have some sort of validity, it's just not related to the rest of the text in any way.

You both bring up fair points though.

> Padmanabhaswamy Temple

I love the way Hindu structures are organized, there are many similarities with what the Greeks did

Literally all wrong. 500AD-1800AD was not peaches and cream for the rest of the world. China was dominated by foreigners for nearly half of that time period. India was largely a fragmented patchwork of states, especially after the rise of Islam. And Europe's "dark ages" saw a revival of learning in itself. Besides, despite the vast legacy they left Europe, the Romans still had nigger-tier succession disputes which ultimately destroyed them, a problem which plagued nearly every nation and empire in the entire world until the rise of constitutionalism in Western Europe.

Meanwhile Constantinople lasted from 300 AD to the fifteenth century and was the richest city in the world until the 12 century when sacked.
>muh total fucking silence, why do they censor this all the fucking time.

book name pls

> nigger tier

When I read Gibbon's account of the Crisis of the Third Century, I got reminded so much of that, so much clusterfuck. The story of Macrinus and especially Elagabalus fascinated me though

Essentials of Comparative Politics (Fifth Edition) by Patrick H. O'Neil

DANDOLO DID NOTHING WRONG GREEKS HAD IT COMING

>first thousand years of this millennium

wat

oh shit I just saw that now ahahahahaha what the fuck

The Venetians and genoans had a civil war against each other INSIDE Constantinople, they were rightly killed, its the Frankish crusaders who sacked the city, not even related. The West fill fucking pay its betrayal soon for what they did to the bastion of Christianity.

Thank you.

Wait.
A college educated writer still believes in the "dark ages" meme?
The idea that Europe was static and undeveloped for 1000 years has long been considered laughable ignorance by serious historians.
And who quotes some commie kike sociologist on factual matters of history?
This makes no sense at all.

t. Someone who knows nothing about the history of other continents.

Stay ignorant roundeye.

Literally fake news

what the fuck

In fairness this is the truth. I don't see anything particularly mischievous about, it's more or less saying Europe started at the bottom and now they here (being currently the most advanced region in the world in terms of collective power). It's a fact I find interesting

be quiet leaf

They're right up to saying Europe did nothing. East Asia (essentially China) was superior to the rest of the world until ~1500.

:P

Couple problems with that whole paragraph. They completely missed the mark as what the Roman Empire was and how it faded. And second they are ignorant to the period they call the dark ages. There was nothing dark about it. But that’s ok. They quote a sociologist which is a fake nothing that sprung out of the minds of communism. Overall garbage. If young ppl eat that up we are doomed.

How would you say the empire fell? Civil apathy and inane foreign policy?

bump

>a unified state of like 200 million people had a bigger GDP than a grand total of probably 20 million Europeans all divided among various fiefdoms

you don't say.