A1 Pictures

How can one studio create something so beautiful and then go on to create such a steaming pile of shit? I don't understand.

I'm not even talking about plot and themes because those are subjective, but pure production value and quality.

Different show, different staff. A-1 works with many people.

go learn how studios work you fucking newfag

A1 is at least consistent most of the time. Usually, if their animation quality is good at the start, it will stay good, and if it's shit at the start, it will stay shitty.

They consists of multiple teams, of course. Clearly the stronger team was used for Shigatsu instead of for Ace Attorney.

Regardless, I stiil think that A1 is the only studio which takes LNs seriously (by atleast trying to upheld the visuals, make decent soundtracks for them, etc). Yes, most of them are schlock, but by polishing that schlock, some things may become palatable and somewhaat enjoyable (Asterisk. etc)

>i literally don't know how studios work

Budget
Different teams

I mean, I love Phoenix Wright but the last thing I would use to describe the anime is beautiful.

Can't think of another pair of titles from one studio with such drastic difference in quality, within less than 2 years to that.

Yeah, shitgatsu wa kimoi no kuso was a pure pile of shithorse we all know that.

>I don't understand.
Money. What's here to not understand?

Because A1 has no real identity or style that other studio's are known for having, mainly because they mostly bring in outsiders to make their shows rather than having a base staff.

Plus A1 pumps out tons of garbage each year, you can't expect all of them to look nice, and in this case, Pheonix Wright got the short straw.

Violet evergarden hasn't come out.
And Maid dragon is good.

You pay for a shitty game tie-in anime you get a shitty game tie-in anime.

>Violet evergarden hasn't come out
Your point? Take hyouka or hibike if you really want to.

>And Maid dragon is good
>I'm not even talking about plot and themes because those are subjective

>there are people on Sup Forums right now who unironically think Shigatsu was good

>it's a lets pretend good anime is bad so I can desperately fit in on Sup Forums episode

A-1 isn't an animation studio, you fucktard. It's just the producer.

>batshit retarded plot
>braindead characters that behave as braindead as the plot demands
>drama so forced it makes Clannad look decent

come on son

So you're retarded and braindead? Why didn't you just say so?

>Point out the flaws
>Ad Hominem

at least you tried

Budget allocation determines animation quality, source material, time limitation, director freedom, source creator freedom, animator creativity, etc.

Ace Attorney was doomed from the start. The game itself works on its quirky gameplay, humorous interactions, puzzle solving and plot twist. The anime can't do that. Play it straight and this is what you get. They should have went full anime original like Layton or created their own cases like Detective Conan.

>They should have went full anime original like Layton or created their own cases like Detective Conan.

THIS

The cases worked because of its medium. Phoenix Wright needed like new cases that fit the anime TV series format while still feeling like Phoenix Wright. Instead they went with the adapted faithfully lazy route

Fuck off newfag. Dear god, I can't believe you went to the effort of making they image instead of finding out the basics of studios you embarrassing cunt. Never post again.

I like how even in your cherrypicked image of MaidDragon where the characters are drawn in a slightly more deformed style for effect it still looks great. The hand-printed background is lovely and the characters are cute, appealing and solidly drawn.

Absolutely fucking this.

Only time I enjoyed anime was when its director played on his strengths and pumped out comedy SoL episode when Phoenix was a shota. Cute, funny episode, couldn't stop smiling when Nick and Larry forced Miles to be red ranger.

/thread

Remove yourself for the sake of our species.