In an alternate timeline, Trump didn't run in the 2016 election

Who would have won the Republican nomination instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o_WBo4sfmi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zodiak killer.

Jeb!

Jeb!

Cruz would have.

And he would've been a lot more effective as POTUS.

Jim Webb

Jeb!

Republicans sure have a lot of candidates. That seems both good and bad, though.

But not as good.

The bush's would have put another corrupted asshat into the race.

Cruz, Rand, and Scott Walker are the only acceptable people on that list other than Trump

Rand Paul

You shouldn't be allowed to post on this board unless you own a Jeb! guac bowl

I agree. But would we really have known how much of a pussy Jeb! was if not for Trump? No one else on that stage could have had him talking himself in circles so easily. The “Please clap” was because of Trump and so was him begging for an apology to his wife. Most importantly, let’s not forget Jeb! being called out for being so weak on immigration.

Unfortunetly, the trips of truth only has HALF of it.
Cruz would have BTFO'd the republican party, AAAAND the democratic one, but as POTUS? Nah b.
Watch this scrawny fuck crumble the moment they start bringing out sexual misconduct allegations or whatever. I can't blame him though: as a fellow leaf, I understand the draw of being honorable and hard-working despite the circumstances, but no. Trump is absolutely ESSENTIAL in the White House last year, this year, the year after, and the 5 years after that. No two-ways about it. Half of the world would be underwater or irradiated if it wasn't the case.

Rand paul

Personally I rather have Ran Paul or Sleepy Ben but the Zodiac Killer would win.

Who else shared Trump's position on immigration? Would any of them said "shithole" as part of a discussion?

Jeb Bush was the pre-ordained candidate. The primary system is designed to ensure that the candidate pre-selected by (((the powers that be))) always wins. The deck is stacked; the game is rigged. The insiders are supposed to stay in, while the outsiders are supposed to stay out.

Hear me now and believe me later. If the Republican party is not thoroughly cleansed of its Old Guard, and its power structure is not completely turned on its head, they will adopt a Super Delegate system just like the Democrats have. They will realize the game isn't rigged quite enough to prevent another populist uprising.

Until a source is provided, no presidential candidate has ever said "shithole" in regards to immigration.
Guess what, Hillary said "I fucking hate (insert race here)". What's the source? MEEEEEE! Sup Forums guy! I'm source! Put me on a CNN headline!

It's Happening! The next generation

Cruz would be a shitty ass president you fucking dumb Brit.

ITT: autists think winning internet polls = winning real polls

I love Rand Paul more than anybody else on that list, but there was no chance he would win. The GOP primary was structurally designed carry Jeb Bush along until he had enough momentum to crush the opposition, i.e. running many candidates, strategically placed winner-take-all states, etc. Jeb was supposed to truck along until South Carolina and Florida, after which he BTFOs the competition except maybe Ted Cruz.

Rand is good, but not as good as his father, sadly.

That doesn't say much fir the other candidates. Good Lord.

Sup Forums would have shilled hard for Rand and would have been furiously salty when he was weeded out early in the primary. Cruz would have locked down the Evangelical vote early on with little support outside that base, but would still have stayed in the race until fairly late in the game. The main fight would have been between Jeb! and Rubio. Probably Rubio would have won it in the end.

I’m pretty sure Trump wins the nomination in 99% of timelines.

>Cruz would have.
and hilary would be president

I think nobody would have watched the debates or cared and bush would have won. Unless Cruz somehow had a miracle happen and got attention to him.

Cruz or Jeb. Trump destroyed Jeb early on, I don't think Cruz could have done the same. So most likely Jeb facing off against Hillary. Don't know who would have won as they would have been the same thing.

Jen would have won the nomination, Hillary the general. We would be at war right now, civil war and world war.

Randall! Randall! Randall!

would have been a knockdown dragout between Lyin' Ted and Jeb! with cruz getting much of the anti-establishment energy that trump got. But with Jeb's credibility still intact he would squeak it out with the RNC behind him. Republican voter base would be fractured with poor turnout handing the presidency to Hillary.

youtu.be/o_WBo4sfmi4 The link shows how Ron Paul got fucked over and it was even worse with Rand.... He got little to know post debate mentions..... Trump was the media's pick and Cruz was the establishment pick

Jeb would have probably won the general in that situation, although it wouldn't have mattered that much since President Jeb would be effectively the same as President Hillary. College kids would probably still be protesting and calling him Hitler like they did to his brother and will continue to do to any Republican president no matter who he is or what his policies are, and feminists would be salty about muh woman president, but that would be about it.

actual answer is chris christie. lots of people prob won't think this is right but it is because you have to consider that Trump won his nomination largely because of a base of the republican party that was fed up with "political correctness" and cowtowing to the media everytime they say you did something bad. they wanted someone uncooth who would hit back, so Chris would have been the one to fill that role in the absence of Trump. highly unlikely he would have won the general and highly unlikely that he would have been an effective president anyhow. but even though many won't believe me or understand this, he is the true answer to your question OP.

I kind of had that feeling too, that Jeb! was the ((chosen)) one.

Daily reminder that Rand 2024 can still happen, he'd only be around 62 years old by then.

Trump was the only thing keeping from suicide, so it wouldnt have mattered who won

Amen.

gimme it

Rand Paul would have won. If not then Cruz.

Everyone is sort of taking it for granted. I can't verify it, but I could totally see him saying it.

Imagine a President Chris Christie... what would his medical look like?

Digits confirmed.

I dont think Cruz would have stood a chance against fake allegations. He is a good debatter but trump is best in putting down lies with his forcefull exageratted rhetoric

The point of me posting all of the poll result pics was to point out the fact that they would NEVER mention the results when Rand would win which was ALL THE TIME. Only when he would place 2'nd or 3'rd behind Trump/Cruz would they mention the results... People pulling strings were anti Rand

Maybe he'd have won more of the feminist vote.

It would have been Jeb!, guaranteed.
Sup Forums would have rallied around him, too. Rand Paul would be a stale meme and Cruz is too Christfaggy for the majority of the board, so Jeb!'s the only option.

Trump won because his media attention made him well-known. Who else would have garnered as much attention as Trump did?

christopher christie. but it wouldn't have been AS much. i'm telling you guys, if no trump christie would have been /yourguy/.

Jeb Bush was their top candidate before Trump dominated the primaries. But none of these people would have won, Hillary was clearly chosen to be American's new president by the globalist elitists.

Cruz, Jeb, or Rubio were the establishment choices. Jeb is the only one who would've lost to Hillary because as much as voters hated her, they would probably prefer her over another Bush.

>Nobody wants my boy Chris Crisco

Obviously ¡Jeb! Every other candidate would have folded, especially stronger ones with more pull like Randlet and Cruz would have dropped out early

He seemed like a pretty realistic guy. Shot his mouth off a bit, but did well after the hurricane and walked his talk. Can't see him being the same opponent to Jeb! that Trump was tho

Jeb was supposed to win they spent $130 million on him

So the consensus seems to be that Rand Paul deserved it but it would have gone to Jeb! and he'd have lost to what's-her-face and we'd all be in a world of hurt. Yeah?

i would have supported rand paul hands down if not for trump, but he never would have won. many of us have been down this road with rand's father, ron. they aren't ever going to win.

Unironically this

Cruz has less charisma than Hillary Clinton

That's saying something. Heven would never have won

Who the fuck is Bobby Jindal, George Oataki, and Jim Gilmore?

Jeb is an establishment shill. The Bushs and the Clintons are great friends these days.

checked

Even a Jeb! presidency wouldn't even match.
I was called out recently for thanking every God known to humankind for Trump, for the very reasons mined up in this thread. That was the only road to get us here, today.