Little Witch Academia

>poorly written characters
>visually unambitious
>muh overarching plot
Why did they fail so hard?

stop shitposting, le based trigger will save anime X-DDD

>>visually unambitious
The last two episodes alone had direction and animation superior to anything from this season and the last, with the exception of Bahamut.

Long con
>Moe shitters see trigger and turn away
>Manime fags will see cute girls and get frustrated and drop
>Near the end of the season start amping up the good shit
>Have awesome webms flying around with Mecha shit
>More people will question where the fuck this came from
>They sit down and get a well rounded experience they didn't expect
>They buy BD's
>Trigger wins again
Or it could be nothing.

>had direction and animation superior to anything from this season
Uchouten 2 had consistent good direction from the start. Why can't trigger?

Uchouten isn't 25 episodes.
If it was you'd have half of the episodes looking bland like Sakura Quest.

>Have awesome webms flying around with Mecha shit
Not a mecha nor Trigger fag so honestly last ep doesn't really faze me.
The last 1 min was golden though. Trigger should have focused more on character development and interaction, not wacky shenanigans.

Not a valid reason

You clearly pay absolutely no attetion to the show at all i see.

>visually unambitious

Have you looked at those designs? For the love of god, they're so recognizable even when they're all dressed up in uniforms. Even their siluettes can distinguish themselves.

>Muh overarching plot

>implying it's neccesary to make a good anime.

its a fun kids show, stop acting like a massive autist.

Were the original films visually ambitious to you? I wouldn't say so. This seems like an extension of those, with the "good animation" bits more isolated, as per TV anime standards. It's still firmly above average. I wouldn't say the characters are poorly written, given its children's show approach to writing, but I do wish it could balance its cast better. Either stick exclusively to Akko and cut down on side characters, or flesh out the others better. I don't know what you mean by muh plot.

It's good for what it's supposed to be. So many people watched it expecting some deep dark adventure or something.
If you didn't like lwa it's because you're watching the wrong kind of anime.

This show was always shit. Tattun just did a good job at making people think they liked it. I guess that's a pro PR person for you

>muh overarching plot
Speaking of plot, you guys sure love episodic series with only a semblance of a bigger story beneath it, huh? Kino, Aria, Kemono Friends, etc. Shit like those.

I WANT TO CUM INSIDE SUCY!

I WANT TO CUM BETWEEN AKKO'S THIGHS!!

There's no antagonist. Imagine Harry Potter, without Voldemort. It would just be a bunch of fags at a wizard/witch school....HMMM, SORT OF LIKE THIS ANIME!

Or maybe the antagonist is Akko's small brain which prevents her from achieving what she wants.

Why are there soo many idiots calling this show anime of the year? Are they being serious?
Have cool animation and design , but the writing is terrible, Akko personality is cringe worthy, the relationships make no sense.
Akko is the ultimate Jesus fixing the existence of everybody.

They didn't fail that hard, they failed averagely. The inexplicable hype for some shitty harry potter knockoff just makes it seem worse.

writings better than shows like maid dragon that cant even hold a thought for 2 seconds

This is AOTY

A story doesn't necessarily need an antagonist. Especially not one that's a person.

Mind you, I'm not saying this in defense of LWA.

This might be one of the biggest letdowns from the last 2 years. It's unbelivable how faggots are still trying to defend its mediocrity. Really sad, honestly.

You faggots are retarded. LWA is the best episodic anime since Space Dandy.
Sorry if you expected some massive overarching plot from something that from the beginning was about fun adventures and nothing more.

You seem to be the last person to judge good writing.

P.S, the last anime I watched was Space Dandy.

Write a list of episodic anime from the last 5 years and I'll prove you wrong.

Name one better episodic anime since
>inb4 Phantom Sales and Flip Floppers

prove me wrong senpai

I agree with you for SOL type shows---which really have no plot. But for a plot-driven story, there has to be an antagonist that you want to root on the protagonist to beat.

Akko is just like your average whore who wants to be a Kardashian. What's to like about that? No villain in sight.

You can't even write a good argument without making a comparison. There.

Last season's episodic anime was really nice, you know which one.

It's not, since LWA's premise is about a normal girl trying to not be bullied at a magical school. The episodic formula doesn't fit. I'm saying this as a Triggerfag and sucker of episodic anime.

I can't speak for all of the hate the show may or may not be getting, but I do think the show has been pretty disappointing thus far. I completely forgot about the most recent ep for a few hours despite the fact that download links couldn't come fast enough for me when the show had just started.

It doesn't help that the threads are a pain to lurk in as well. Especially when that shill is there. But maybe that's just me.

>FF
>episodic

>Akko is just like your average whore who wants to be a Kardashian.
This is an aggressively uncharitable reading of Akko to the point of dishonesty

Furthermore, this fails as SoL or episodic anime because....I don't care for the random characters they introduce and then throw into the garbage the next episode.

Also, there is no character development at all in this show. A flat character is a character who doesn't change. A round character is one who changes throughout the progress of the show.

All the characters are flat. They do what's expected. All notable books/tv shows/movies have round characters.

Is OP a troll?

You can clearly see the audience and the type of people who lurk those threads: crossboarders. And I'm not trying to go full boogeyman. but it's fact. Did you see that thread tonight that claimed Trigger based because of a shitty League of Legends reference? And how many fucktards agreed with the OP? That's the type of person claiming the show to be AOTY or whatever, the same that claimed Konosuba as their AOTS last season. These type of show cannot be discussed on the board because of them.

>Moe shitters
>Manime fags

>I agree with you for SOL type shows---which really have no plot.
They certainly do.
>But for a plot-driven story, there has to be an antagonist that you want to root on the protagonist to beat.
They certainly do not.
Especially since you don't always root for antagonists to be beaten.
But to my first point, and forgive me for bringing up film in an anime discussion (it's just the first example that's popped into my head), but who is the antagonist in Arrival? Or will you tell me that movie lacked a plot?

Honestly, so far the best show trigger made was Luluco. Kill la kill and LWA both are okay, but not great unfortunately. They need better writing.

>The episodic formula doesn't fit
Yes if does. For every episode about Akko's growth there are two about random magic sheninigans. And even most of the Akko episodes are self contained experiences that offer a resolution within the episode.
That's how good episodic shows are.

>better writing than Kill la Kill
Doesn't exist.

Agreed, we need more Eromanga threads, those offer quality discussion and keep everyone but true Sup Forumsnons out.

Because they are a bunch of hacks who can't write good stories for shit, they should stick to adapting relatively decent sources instead of keeping piling trashy original content

Who can write good stories?

Urobuchi

I can.

I watched them, they didn't

Sup Forums is shilling for LWA because muh Tattsun and Western fanbase shenenigans.

It's not even popular in Japan so that pretty much sums up the state of LWA and its cancerous fanbase.

No matter what you answer he'll tell you that you're wrong because he can't defend his shity show with any decent arguments.

>Sup Forums is one person
The only ones shilling it are crossboarders.

still havent proven that Maid dragon has good writing. I guess this round goes to me

So much this, fucking trigger will go bankrupt if they keep being such westaboos

Space Dandy switched up the setting, color pallette, visual style and art direction nearly every episode, LWA is not even in its league.

Last episode was the best one yet by far. Constanze is cute!

Okada

Who ever claimed that Maid Dragon has good writing?

The only anime with good stories are novel adaptations.

Lol

Wow you're pathetic, do you even know how to read?

Kobayashi was written well

If that was enough to have a good episodic show Flip Flappers wouldn't have been such a piece of shit.

Fuck off Digibrony.

>muh episodic shit
Even fucking kekmeme furries have a better overarching plot and character development than this pile of crap, trying to carry the whole thing on the back of one single character being so obnoxiously retarded that everything can happen is even worse than 50's cartoons for kids

>ywn pilot a mecha with constanze

>Kobayashi was written well

I disagree, it's a really good cartoon for kids.

It's not episodic if there's a main story

There are plenty of novels that deserve an adaptation, I can even see Trigger adapting a bunch of western material too

True, it's unfortunate such projects would never get funding.

>shittalking flifla just to fit in with the memesters

>short
>petite
>clever
Imagine manhandling her, and bending her over her machines and have it soaked with her pussy juices while her standbots cry in "lewd" in unison.

Too bad its main audience isn't kids, huh.

>implying
Just wait for the Netflix numbers to come out

Go back to your containment thread.

Kids don't anything other than Disney, period.

Japanese-made children's programming seems very focused on selling toys from what I saw, so naturally a show that is simply fun wouldn't get aired in their children's programming. It wouldn't be surprising if it gets picked up by western stations. If so I just hope it gets a proper dub with accents in check and not everyone sounding like a generic American.

Different user. Arrival had a plot, but no story. Stories are based on conflict. If someone doesn't get defeated, it's not a story.

The problem is that this show has a main story, it's just that it gets overshadowed by lots of low quality episodic shit

I didn't watch Arrival myself, but there is such a thing as internal conflict. You can have a proper story and drama based on an internal conflict just fine, without any sort of personified antagonist. This has nothing to do with LWA though.

>If someone doesn't get defeated, it's not a story.
It's not good to come up with your own definitions of words, Anonymous.
For the sake of the very fabric of society, it's not good.

You are 30 years late pal, even Disney barely does any shit with their own name nowadays.

The best episodes so far have been completely unrelated to the plot.

People really need to stop trying to make a serious plot revolve around retards, it just makes the writing shitty.

The fabric of society can wash my balls. I'm using the Western definition.

This just shows how bad they have driven the plot.

Nice backpedalling.

Nice non-argument

not poor, yet not that impressive. more like somewhere in between

>visually unambitious
the visuals are actually its strogest advantage since Trigger looks so "vanguardist" (in a good sense). unique style. you dont like it? your problem

>muh overarching plot
if by overreaching you mean something like "tryhard", then i disagree. not that the plot is good, its actually a bit meh, its just that i dont see trigger taking this story in serious.

Why did they fail so hard?
it didnt failed. its trigger. everyone knew wed get something like this. maybe a bit more in terms of plot but thats it.

I dont know if this is a joke or if someone actually believes this.

The characters in LWA are very poor for a 2 cour show with entire 12 episodes dedicated for world and character building.
And honestly while I don't think Akko is a terrible MC (genki retarded MC has been a thing for eternity), the show's really given her an unhealthy amount of spotlight on the detriment of every other side characters.

>SOL doesn't have plot
What is K-On

1. Akko has a talent for magic, and in general, talent for magic is a thing. Notice how muggles can't even see ghosts or Wild Hunters.
2. Constanze's robots do her bidding, but can have their own opinions. Notice how they rejected transforming robot project, while Constanze herself got to it in an instant.

Conclusion: Imaishi > Yoshitnari

As an animator: Yoshinari > Imaishi
Designer: Yoshinari >>> Imaishi
Episode director: Imaishi >>> Yoshinari
Series director: Imaishi > Yoshinari (but unfair since this is his first series)

>Comparing someone who has directed at least three shows and various shorts with someone that is directing his first series

You're a complete faggot.

>As an animator: Yoshinari > Imaishi
I agree with everything but this.
Yoshinari is great with fluidity, but I love Imaishi's dynamic style.