How Cultural Marxism Works Today

Sup Forumsacks,
I don't post here often because my contributions are nulled by >a fucking leaf though I've lurked for many years. I hope you'll hear me out this time. This will be a multi-post so wait it out a bit.

I have just returned from a university tutorial, for Global Studies. I am majoring in this as well as Political Science. Since I've come to university I have tried to find evidence of WHY things are as they are in academia (and therefore society), however I haven't been able to identify the line of thinking that originally started this trend.

I have come to the conclusion that the theory of cultural (and moral) relativism was the origin, the spawning point, of the degeneracy and moral subversion that permeates society. Cultural and moral relativism is the idea that to understand another culture and it's morals, we must understand the context that they developed in. By doing this, the academics remove any necessity to label something as "bad" or "good" and simply say that "it's how they do things, who are we to judge?". This is the thinking that allows such things as rampant third-world immigration, subtle and overt condoning of barbaric cultural practices (such as female genital mutilation, more on that later), and the erosion of Western values.

Cultural and moral relativism is opposed to the idea of ethnocentrism, which has been characterized as a force of evil by academics, and only uneducated and despicable individuals would ever be ethnocentric because it enables racism, sexism, Islamophobia, and a whole lot of other -isms and -phobias. In this way, by presenting ethnocentrism, the idea that your way of doing things is the only right way, as a force of evil, academics have been able to erode Western values. You already know (((who))) started this, so I won't get into that.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/nXBJ9
archive.fo/phel6
status451.com/2017/01/20/days-of-rage/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have not drawn these characterizations of cultural relativism and ethnocentrism from my own brain. They were taught tonight in my tutorial as the God's honest truth. In this tutorial, we discussed FGM in Somalia. The tutorial leader, a Polish Gender Studies PhD candidate, and a self-proclaimed feminist, remarked that the very term “female genital mutilation” was “problematic” (don't you just love that word?) as it immediately “presents negative connotations about Somalian culture”. She then went on to state that to Somalians, the practice was not even thought about; it was just performed much like how many men in the USA are circumcised shortly after birth. Her conclusion was that we could not judge this aspect of Somalian, African, and Islamic culture because that was ethnocentric and we all know that ethnocentrism directly leads to genocide, right? Unfortunately, the tutorial was filled with young women who have just started to be able to articulate the bullshit pseudo-science they read on Vox and Vice. When the discussion was turned over to the class, all came out in support of this PhD candidate.

How can this happen? How can feminists be able to reconcile their feminist views and their condoning of FGM? Perhaps it is because feminism is no longer about women's rights, but about destroying the Western man. That is a different discussion altogether, however.

The truth is that FGM is indeed a barbaric, pre-medieval practice. It directly stems from the Islamic culture of northeastern Africa. Most commonly it is performed by village elders, not even someone who has any remote education in medicine, and rusty, dulled, and brutal instruments are used. In any other culture, even other Islamic cultures, this ritual is considered a crime against humanity, or at the very least a sex crime.

To believe in cultural and moral relativism is to put the Western world (because the West is the ONLY civilization that propagates such beliefs) on the same level as these, quite literal, savages in Somalia. Even le redditors and the less sharp among us can begin to see how this puts Western values in direct danger. Cultural and moral relativism was started by academics of a certain people decades ago, and now the same ideas are being taught by Polish (I thought they were supposed to be /based/??) PhD candidates. The only difference now is that this sickness has thoroughly infected the Western world, so for most normies the only course of action upon learning it is to support it.

Want to see a direct example of how this line of thought is damaging us? Check this out.
archive.fo/nXBJ9
The first known case(s) of female genital mutilation in the United States of America. The state? Minnesota. Nice place right? It just so happens that Minnesota was the settling place for many Somalian refugees fleeing their civil war in the 1990's. Here are some highlights:

>Haseena Halfal, 34, of Plymouth, Minnesota, and Zainab Hariyanawala, 31, were indicted
>The lead defendant is Dr. Jumana Nagarwala of Northville, who is accused of mutilating the genitalia of the two Minnesota girls
>Prosecutors estimate up to 100 girls were cut during the 12-year conspiracy

It can reasonably be ascertained that all 3 of these women (Somalian women prefer female doctors) were refugees from Somalia, or children of refugees. The latter case is even worse because that means that they most likely grew up in the USA, yet carried on their barbaric traditions. They have not assimilated. Perks of living in an immigrant enclave!

And, the cherry on top. After this case got widespread attention in Minnesota, legislation was drafted to ban FGM.
archive.fo/phel6
The Senate did not even hear the bill.

Want proof that cultural relativism is currently and actively eroding the West? There it is.

Well ... that is because we aren't fucking hipsters who run through the world with a rucksack thinking they'll find their special snowflake meaning in life. our society is our family, which also includes work and you could say that a lot of nords are proud to contribute to that, even though it's getting shittier because of governments being undermined by leftist radicals.

i wouldn't expect americans to relate, i certainly can't to them either. i have never seen so many ignorant, superficial and uneducated people in my life as i did in the states. your live is average and uninteresting, you don't have any culture except consumerism, your entire nation struggles needlessly because of your through and through corrupt and broken government. the most interesting thing i get to hear is that someone got shot around that corner and how the NRA is the best thing ever

t. german

>cultural marxism
a meme invented here nothing else
>german

Don't post your copypasta here cunt this is a serious thread

Bump
This is actually a good observation OP. Shame that you go to such a shitty school

Keep thinking OP. Good observations, might be worth describing everything you just told us in a normie way, and using it to sway more normies.

Had to hard reboot my computer so ID may have changed

Yes, I think that I should do this. I wish this thread was higher up on the page though, since Sup Forums needs some serious discussion at this point

Bump it up until you can feel it

bump for real bread

>Be a college cuck in leaf fag university
>Call FGM "Islamic"
>Can't even Kemet/Punt
>Sucks dick then posts on Sup Forums
>GREETING user I HAVE AN INTELLIGENT THOUGHT
T. Abaha afka ka was

To sum up, although a little late, it is the institution of cultural relativism that is bringing down the Western civilization, and only the Western civilization.

As stated before, Western academia is the only academia in the world that proclaims, or even entertains such thoughts. Why was it accepted so fervently? Because in the post-WWII era, when cultural and moral relativism first arose, every Western nation was fixed upon the idea of "growth". Growth in both economic terms and philosophical terms. The West was hungry for an answer to once and for all solve the issue of "the past". For many in the 1950's, the Axis powers represented a last gasp of the old conservative order. You can find this thinking in many texts published at that time.

Cultural and moral relativism filled that hole, and satisfied the innate Western desire for advancement. However, the destruction wrought upon us by this institution (because that is what it is at this point) has, in reality, become our downfall. These thought are echoed by many others on this board.

Unironically hang yourself

pottery.
when someone who reads someone else's narrative (that she doesn't understand) for a living attempts to engage someone who develops own narratives.

You first you little beta bitch
Do the leg work for the Rothschilds and never stop to think about the hows or whys
Because you're a pathetic know it all faggot with words

Stop studying Global Studies and Political science.

Start studying Law if you want to be able to actually -do anything- in the political system.

Start studying History if you want to be able to -deeply understand- society.

((Global Studies)) and ((Political Science)) are basically seminary for priests of the Liberal religion. You have no business being there. The fact that you were surrounded by young women who love having their genitals mutilated because of how progressive this is, should be a strong indicator to you that you are in the wrong place.

Drop your major. Study law. Study law. Study law. If you have to go to law school to study law in cucknada and get an undergraduate degree in something else first, choose History, or Philosophy, or even Literature.

I cannot stress this enough.

You must be 18 years old to post on this board

Omg ur going to have to unironically hang you are self too!
Don't question him he's in (((college)))!!!

I have something for you user.

what do you think it's the historical moral background of ethnocentrism?

I've toyed with this idea. My original plan was to become a lawyer. However, you must have an undergraduate degree to study law in Canada, and I don't like the idea of incurring debt to study somewhere else. As it is, I would incur debt anyway from studying law here.

I do love history, but I wouldn't make it my major. I am not that much in love with it. I do subscribe to the belief that you should do what you love. No, this isn't hedonism or self-centric and a betrayal to the West when I could use my skills to help it. I believe however that if something is not done soon, and this civilization burns down around us, I should at least enjoy my life.

As well, becoming a lawyer would make me too old; that is, too old in the sense that Canada specifically will become irredeemable. The date I've marked for this is 2030.

Holy shit you are pathetic

This shit pasta bot makes shitty bot pasta

What are Dawoodi Bohra?
THESE ARE NOT EVEN SOMALIS YOU STUPID ARROGANT FAGGOT
SUCK SOME MORE DICK AND HIT DEM BOOKS
>b-b-but muh premise. Muh undergrad
Jfc.

As far as I am aware, it arose during the first large interactions between the Christian world and the Islamic world. As time went on, interactions with the New World and Africa with the Western world became the focus.

The morality of ethnocentrism was particularly evident in colonial times. Natives had to be uplifted, they had to be shown that there are better ways of doing things. Intellectuals of the time stated that since Western achievements were the result of Western culture, it must be superior to other cultures who have either no achievements or achievements that pale in comparison. I personally subscribe to this.

I hold these posts to be self-evident that you are an anally annihilated refugee or descendant of a refugee who will never be a real American, let alone a Westerner. Back to your shithole with you.

What's an Igbo ,why are they Christian why do they FGM?
What's a pre-Abrahamic practice?
Why do you suck so much dick?
I'm sorry your pathetic cucked parents spent 18 years telling you how smart and special you are
Go get a job in the tar sands before your HIV is terminal

this. you cant objectively look at the west and haiti and say "they are equal in different ways"

Whatever you do, at least attempt politics. You're the first leaf I've seen on here in a long time that is coherent

This isn't your blog, leaf.

>come to Sup Forums as an undergrad expecting to be hailed as a genius
>Unceremoniously be revealed as a stupid faggot instead

The shills are out in force today

There was a time when Sup Forums was mostly comprised of thoughtful posts

Bump
I hope others can contribute their thoughts

When are you fags going to meet at Tim Horton's, blow each other, and discuss ANTH101?

Haiti under colonialism was obviously better than it is today.

>Unfortunately, the tutorial was filled with young women who have just started to be able to articulate the bullshit pseudo-science they read on Vox and Vice. When the discussion was turned over to the class, all came out in support of this PhD candidate.
Unfortunately you were too much of a pathetic beta cuck to do anything to challenge it, then scampered back to the dorm to bang your boyfriend

Morality it's not an achievement, our brains do it automatically.

How much are you getting paid for this?

How much are you? I'm convinced this is a slide thread at this point because you can't/won't defend any of your drivel

This is a great screencap talking about morality

Why would I even attempt to argue with a shill, I'm not as retarded as you claim

Bump
Post moar beaver

It doesnt

Can you elaborate?

Female genital mutilation is illegal already.

Thats why they didnt hear it.

Heres a few thoughts for you

>Gynocentrism - where the cultural is forced to revolve around the female worldview

>Gynopartiality- female immorality is applauded while male immorality is criminalized.

>gyno infantalization - women should never be fully responsible for their actions and are to be afforded special privileges

>Vibro Correctness - Minorities cant be held acountable for acting in accordance with their stereotype

>Liberating Tolerance - where tolerance is to be given only to groups advocating the "correct" viewpoint and those advocating the wrong viewpoint must be silenced.

>inclusive not exclusive hegalian - everyone may participate no one may be excluded. Using the hegalian dialectic we have the thesis (inclusivity) the antithesis (exclusivity) and the synthisis (Marxism)

I'm familiar with these concepts but didn't know the exact names of them. Of course, liberating tolerance, vibro correctness, and inclusive not exclusive Hegelian are tools of the elites. The other 3 are results of such.

Yeah I was in that thread.

Basically that's what we turned identity politics into, we tried to revert to the old ethnic parameters, It made the board more colorful and drastically reduced our humanism.

Off topic for this thread, but maintaining Sup Forums as intelligent place for discussion is critical. Sadly, it may not be a matter of maintaining at this point so much as reviving.
I sound like a fucking redditfag

If you read the Bible this would have been common fucking sense to you and you wouldn't need (((college))). Typical fucking leaf.

Read this and then realize that Obama pardoned a terrorist bomber before he left office: status451.com/2017/01/20/days-of-rage/

Hmm. I've always been compelled to think for myself. College dropout. Raised RC. What's the connection to religion? Idea 9f free will?

Obama was most likely first influenced by his university education, and the particularities of being a porch monkey. So it was no surprise he became a pawn as a politician.

I have read the Bible, I am a Christian. I didn't need university to tell me what I posted, in fact I said at the beginning that I have been looking for a "why" academia is how it is. I went into university knowing full well what I was getting in to. Plus, can't do much without a degree in Canada.

The funniest part is their “moral relativism” isn’t even real. It is to disguise the FACT that they never evolved beyond dichotomous thought. You can find examples everywhere of this, but interestingly, I take this quote from The Atlantic article about Timothy McVeigh written by a liberal Harvard alumni and a PhD of philosophy: “It is expected that as the student evolves, their thoughts evolve from the simplistic, dualistic vision of black and white and evolves to “shades of grey.”
The thing is, liberals are faking this. If they really believed in moral relativism (which is simply academic sociopathy really) they could see how Hitler was justified, how Christians are not “bigoted” for disliking lgbtbbq, how nationalism in this age is warranted given the errors of globalism, etc.
In other words, they could actually understand and explore dissenting views. They cannot. They are right and you are wrong. Juvenile thinking disguised as intellect.

Bump just cuz

Morality IS relative. That is its nature.

Morality or ethics is simply a set of values. Always with values you must ask - Of value to whom and for what? That's what makes it relative. Obviously, what's "good" for the fish isn't necessarily "good" for the man, and vice versa. A fish needs different values than a human being and, of course, what is of value in one context will not be of value in another. Context is everything.

Of course, the values you choose can be based in objective fact and logically-sound reasoning or lacking objective fact and chosen through very poor reasoning.

Your choice. Either way, the values you choose will be relative to you. It cannot be otherwise.

>moral relativism
Lmao objectively true do you really believe you can ever debate that?

Lol babby's first realization of cultural marxism. You're not bringing anything new to the table but good work thinking about it.

This is the clever final "trick" of academia, and they themselves do not even realize it. Moral relativism could be explored in cases such as you pointed out, and even further beyond. However, academia is also influenced by other institutions and norms. These include donors, societal views, and extra-national academic discourse. The agenda has been set; moral and cultural relativism will only be applied to degrade Western civilization.

Think of the commentary artists who are lauded for "bravely" doing shit like pic related. Think of how they are university educated (but obviously could not get a job). It becomes clear then that cultural relativism infects all, and is zeroed in on a set agenda of targets.

Fuck... my bad, unabomber not mcveigh...
Actual exact quote: “According to Perry, intellectual development for Harvard and Radcliffe undergraduates typically encompassed a progression from a simplistic, “dualistic” view of reality to an increasingly relativistic and “contingent” one. Entering freshmen tend to favor simple over complex solutions and to divide the world into truth and falsehood, good and bad, friend and foe. Yet in most of their college courses, especially in the social sciences and the humanities, they are taught that truth is relative. Most accept this, but a number cannot. They react against relativism by clinging more fiercely to an absolute view of the world”

This describes liberals.

I know that this has been discussed before here, I even have screencaps of such threads. I just thought it prudent to give an updated example of it (something that just happened tonight) because this board is pretty shit right now. Also, I was just angry.

You do, truth is that our occultist shennanigans worked.

yay magic i supose

T. shitskin welfare immigrant.

Please find a skinny rope and neck yourself with it. The leaf is actually making some good points for once.

You're missing the point. The posts were an examination of how cultural relativism (marxism) actually works. Of course morality is relative, I'm not fucking retarded. The insinuation that the morals and cultures of different peoples are simply neutral and can not be condemned has lead to disastrous consequences for the Western civilization, which is what I tried to point out. It leads to direct attacks on Western values when the agenda has been set as it has.

Iris really easy to debate, they don’t actually do it. Ask them to apply moral relativism to Hitler. Or to American plantation owners. Or to Trump. Or to anyone else that “has to be a bad guy”.

Things were better without the flags desu senpai

Read Breivik's manifesto. It's pretty good at elucidating cultural marxism in norway, a region of the world where it has been pushed very hard. He uses a lot of Ted Kaczynski's material, but i think he understands a bit more about (((their))) plans than some college student from the 70's.

I have to nitpick with Breivik though, I don't agree with his killings. Not sure what the ethnic makeup of the casualties were, however.
Order is paramount in society.

Bump

I also studied Poli Sci and minor in Global Studies at U of Ottawa.
Fucking hated that school. So many part-time Marxist profs.

5 yrs of Marxist conditioning thru selective readings and forced essays couldn't get thru probably cause I lived thru Communism first hand.

couple of right-wing documentaries, proximity to the Other, and TGSNT set me straight.

That doesn't refute moral relativism.

I am thankful that I entered university with a defence against this drivel. It helps me get what I need from the classes and discard the useless fluff.

Bump

>I lived thru Communist first hand
Prove it or are you just trying to sell your ideology?
tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1d3Kxx36gY

neck yourself

>cultural marxism is a meme invented here nothing else
lmfao. Fuck there are some dumb cunts around.

yeah pol still sadly has some idiots left over from the election

>Ethnocentrism arose in Europe
Rubbish ethnocentrism is simply kinship altruism - it is baked in human instinct and required years of displacement propaganda to get someone to show it. It has nothing to do with the west, it is a universal human instinct.
>West is superior
duh

It's red/anarchist shilling. They claim cultural Marxism doesn't exist yet they shill for feminism and fags.

I didn't distinguish as to where ethnocentrism arose, but you're correct. It is based off of human instinct. The philosophical theories were first articulated during these interactions however.

all reds deserve the rope

The manifesto is good, but he did not write most of it, when it is clearly his writing, he rambles.

just read it, you will not regret it.

Saved.

I still doubt the veracity that the Frankfurt school was the beginning of attacks on Western values, I hope to find out

If anyone hasn't read it yet, check out Culture of Critique for Normies on YouTube.

have more

last one i have

Cuban passport (my own). Photos from mom's younger years and some medal I dont recall.

Notice the passport has a permission to exit visa. IOW you need to ask permission from the gov to let their slaves exit the country.

In past circumstances the speeches of the fascist and nazi leaders were the immediate prologue to the massacre the distance between the propaganda and the action between the organization and its release on a unsuspecting people had become too short, but the spreading of the word could've been stopped before it was too late. If democratic tolerance had been withdrawn, when the future leaders started there campaign, mankind would have had the chance of avoiding auschwitz, and a world war.

Yeah ok - but there is quite a lot of work done the past 20 years on game theory, psychology, anthropology, kinship altruism etc that do a much better job at explaining ethnocentrism. It is default human behavior for obvious evolutionary reasons. What is highly unusual is the xenophilia on the west today - this was only able to happen through decades of propaganda and orwellian slogans 'diversity is our strength etc'.
Of course all the data coming out on the issue of multiculturalism (i.e. Putnam's studies etc) show the exact opposite - social and moral capital in the west is hemorrhaging and our institutions are imploding due to the identity politics that multicultural-intersectional- cultural marxism promotes.

Nah, that's dumb. Moral realism or get out. Anything less is degeneracy.

I'm curious as to whether there is an innate xenophilia in the Western mind that was exploited by such campaigns as you described, or if it is merely (I use that word lightly, this is not a subject to be trifled with) a product of propaganda. In any case, it is clear that other civilizations do not possess such a mindset.

>muh massacres
>muh holohoax
Cut the bullshit. The exact same thing can be said for your ideology. Fascism and National Socialism would not have been as prominent a force if not fought against the tide of communism. And you're basically admitting that without censorship, fascism/national socialism always wins. Really makes you think.

Care to elaborate?

>red
>anarchist
next thing you tell me its all shareblue, ctr, cia and the jidf all in one
read something other than words of Sup Forums images you retards

>all reds deserve the rope
I long resisted this I agree. The final red pill is that we must not, at all and any cost, let them near power - to do so would be catastrophic. Worryingly they look like they will have total power soon. Just like the (((soviets))) openly declared that they were after the kulak and then liquidated millions and millions of them 'for progress' remember that the intersectionals are gunning for whites if they take over the state there will be blood.

There will be a civil war if the cultural revolution is not stymied soon. My view is that it is probably too late and we got 50 years max.

Never give up your guns, that is all I can say.

Did your parents happen to be criminals?

>against communism
the germans attacked poland and france before even looking at russia
and those countries weren't part of your """communist tide"""

Read Culture of Critique govno.