MEN NOW MORE LIKELY TO "MARRY UP"

vogue.com/article/men-now-marry-up-university-of-kansas-study

>It used to be that women were the ones who “married up”—snagging men who were more highly educated and professionally successful than they were, allowing them to step into a higher economic class. But now that women are outpacing men in college enrollment and driving growth in the labor force, there’s been a seesaw effect: According to a new study in the journal Demography, the tables have turned—men are now the ones who are more likely to “marry up.”

>Researchers at the University of Kansas studied Census data between 1990 and 2011 and found that “women’s personal earnings have grown faster than men’s earnings during this time,” due to women increasing their education, and with it, their employment opportunities.

>As a result, the number of highly educated women actually “exceeds the number of highly educated men in the marriage market,” the researchers found, meaning that women are now more likely than before to marry men less educated than they are.

>This shift is notably upending stodgy, traditional ideas about marriage and family—namely, that instead of always seeing men as the breadwinners and the ones who wear the proverbial pants, women are contributing more to family income and becoming the so-called “catches.”

>“Marriage is now becoming more egalitarian and becoming equal,” said lead study author ChangHwan Kim, an associate professor of sociology at the University of Kansas. “If you look at gender dynamics or from a marriage-equality standpoint, that is a really good sign.”

>Case in point, researchers noted that you don’t often hear men complaining about the paradigm shift—because it benefits them so handsomely. “It seems fine for men because their wife is now bringing more income to the household,” Kim said.

>“Men are getting the benefit from women’s progress.” More proof that when women get ahead, everybody wins.

Men of Sup Forums, are you ready to "marry up"?

Well ... that is because we aren't fucking hipsters who run through the world with a rucksack thinking they'll find their special snowflake meaning in life. our society is our family, which also includes work and you could say that a lot of nords are proud to contribute to that, even though it's getting shittier because of governments being undermined by leftist radicals.

i wouldn't expect americans to relate, i certainly can't to them either. i have never seen so many ignorant, superficial and uneducated people in my life as i did in the states. your live is average and uninteresting, you don't have any culture except consumerism, your entire nation struggles needlessly because of your through and through corrupt and broken government. the most interesting thing i get to hear is that someone got shot around that corner and how the NRA is the best thing ever

t. german

what are you sliding?

I would love to marry up. My family has nothing and I have nothing. I've worked hard for years with nothing to show for it. Please I just want to find some bitch who will pay for my healthcare.

the study seems to gather that earnings of women have increased over the last twenty years, it state thus that men are then more likely to marry, I dont see any conformation of this outcome. Marraige has been going down and I have been personally lead to believe that women do not typically marry down, or consider mates of a lower status. You never hear of a female ceo falling in love with a male janitor

gross

/thread

> As a result, the number of highly educated women actually “exceeds the number of highly educated men in the marriage market,” the researchers found, meaning that women are now more likely than before to marry men less educated than they are.
So, let's recap:
⮚ Researchers see every women with University level as "educated". That includes non-breadwinning, low-IQ subjects such as (modern day) Social Science, Gender Studies, African Studies, Arts (not musical ones) and all the subjects influenced by them.
⮚ But somehow they fail to see that having a degree in said subject is completely useless, and does NOT somehow make their graduates step into a higher economic class
⮚ Since the higher pool of "higher educated" Women is almost completely unrelated to their social and/or economic standing, the whole conclusion of "man marrying into higher economic classes thanks to more educated wahman on the dating market" becomes pretty much a moot point.
⮚ Conclusion: The Researchers coming up with this bullshit should be forced to visit mandatory courses for Math (especially Stochastic and Statistics), Formal Logic (to weed out the irrational) and scientific Methodology (and someone please teach them to differentiate between what data shows, and what they might THINK to be the cause/result of it). If they fail those, nullify their working contracts and take away their degrees. Of course they could just as well leave on their own, since most sociologists are incapable of working scientifically anyway.

its quite sad if im right. Since if educated women do not marry down it will lead to demographic suicide and probably a speedy death to western civilisation

god i hope I am wrong and women really do marry down

Fuck user, thats sad.

The lack of illegible men is going to bring a cat lady epidemic of global proportions.

vogue.
stfu.

Germans all think they are snowflakes. You are all uneducated and have no culture

I hope you find your health care boo. Wirh full dental coverage and only 100 dollar deductible now

>thinking milliennials are going to offer an economic future
kek

I hope you're right. It's about time this shitshow crumbles.

That’ll only happen when they stop sucking each other’s dicks

>bitch
Good luck

I get where you’re coming from though...

This. Having an education on paper does mean that these whores are actually valuable to society or that they are even of average intelligence. Show me the huge increase in men marrying women who actually make more money than they do and we can't start talking.

*can

you've worked hard, but you are inherently useless.

you are in the class you belong senpai

>more likely
>more willing

two different things, I'm 100% certain women still prefer men they date/marry making more money than them

But this summary cleverly avoids the issue of who makes more money and focuses instead on the education level of the men and women. So if Joe the truck driver with a high school education making $90k a year marries Sally with the masters in gender studies making $25k a year as a teaching assistant, he "married up."