Berserk Thread

No berserk thread so let's get another one running, talk about favourite moments or volume covers or some shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GPLhpoJrqmI
youtube.com/watch?v=wEvtnqh5OsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Threadly reminder that Miura will die before Guts will get to Falconia.

Did someone say Bagserk thread?

I hope they will recover casca's mind asap and get this shit over with. I hate waiting so long for a 20 page chapter

I really liked this chapter. Berserk is violent, gory, and full of battles. But it also has good drama and I love the dialogue. It never feels forced or lame.

Yeah, if the chapters were longer it would be nice. I just hope that the serialization continues for a long time, even after the anime ends.

So, I had a thought last year. Berserk is slowly reaching chapter 365, and once that happens, I thought I'd set aside a year, probably 2018, and read one chapter of Berserk every day for the entire year. I don't think we'll reach chapter 365 this year, but hopefully next year will be the year.

>no Berserk thread so let's have one to talk about I don't know, just because we can
It's not a crime to let it rest for a while, user.

I agree with you, i don't mind if the chapters take long but what we get is around 30-40 pages. But 18 pages with a slow progress is killing me

We STILL don't know what the fuck is that peak in the horizon.
Miura blue-balled everyone who thought we would get an explanation in the last episode.
I think that's Femto hunching while fucking Casca, and the shadows in the background are the godhand pedestal.

LJust started reading the manga what is this meme

I never really gave it much thought. What came to mind now as I sat pondering on it was the mountain of corpses imagery that we've seen associated with Griffith before. And then I thought, Griffith isn't the only one who has walked his path upon a trail of dead bodies, Gutts and Casca too would have a similar corpse trail. Griffith was bothered by his mountain of corpses, but accepted it anyway. Gutts is not bothered by his mountain of corpses and doesn't care. But we don't really know how Casca felt about all the death she had left in her wake. I want to imagine what happened is that Casca, with all her closest friends dying horribly around her, actually did not care at all about it, and she was unable to accept that.

But that's just pointless musings from someone who is bored.

Why the fuck are you here then

I know you guys hate shipfags, along with actual ships in this mango. But do how do you feel about retard getting better and still hating Guts?

Sorry lads had to take a shower. All these bags just get me going.

I don't think she'll hate him, per se, but there's no way she's going to want to be around him, in any capacity. I think she's going to want to avoid him because she's ashamed. I think she blames herself for what happened and that becoming close to Gutts in the first place is part of why it happened.

Because I am reading the manga and want to participate in a Berserk thread
Whats with the bag meme

That is true, although honestly depending on her feelings after she might consider Guts the whole reason everything turned out the way it did. Had Guts never met Griffith none of this might of happened. of course I too would be ashamed if came so hard during a rape it made me stupid for several years.

What meme? It's the official translation. In Berserk land bags are a currency and a status symbol.

Fugg I got a bad translation then, was the eclipse all because Griffith wanted Guts' bag??

Always lurk more. Always, always.

Think about it this way: Casca had lived most of her life for Griffith. All she did was for him, even her thoughts directed her to being his "blade." But despite everything, all the work and years and sweat and blood she put in for him, he was A-okay with sacrificing her. Being who she is, this isn't the type of thing which would make her change her perspective and think that Griffith had wronged her, no, she would think that she had wronged Griffith in some way to receive such treatment. Well, that's my guess anyway.

Pretty much.

>He is his own bag

Amazing line, gets me every time.

This is my favorite double page ever

>elfs too

NANI?

This is mine.

Guts splitting regular grunts in half never gets old

It has been a long time. Hope we get to a big fight soon.

>wasting a perfectly good bag
Thanks, user. Now I have a solid proof that Griffith, in fact, did do something wrong.

>still no edit of Griffith raping Guts bag

After all this time

Bags are a cozy place to live for elves.

Fuck Gotoh for his hypocrisy

> Be Griffith
> sacrifice a bunch of good-for-nothing warriors
> become a God
> spare Casca and rape her
> force Guts to watch it
> Guts cuts his own arm just so he can reach you and try to kill you with a broken sword
> you block with your newly acquired telekinetic power
> you slightly move your finger and send Guts flying meters away while you continue to penetrate Casca
> your loyal demon army pins Guts to the ground, gouges out his right eye and forces him to watch with the remaining one
> splooge inside Casca

Why is Griffith so alfa?

The best Casca comeback WHEN?

does Femto respect guts?

Fabio expy.

>reading Berserk after volume 23

Holy shit, the writing is so bad. I get that Miura wants to write shonen now, but do he really needs to spell everything out for us?

The shitty boat arc was especially bad about this.

vol 23 was right around the time the group got their magic weapons right?

how many years ago was that five?

Threadly reminder that Miura is dead and we're reading the work of an intern

That would explain a lot.

Yeah, so much that even that royal tried to bribe Guts to be his squire for a couple of extra bags after the fight with Bazuso

>how many years ago was that five?
>five
Try 10-15

>not naming your bags individually
Guts needs to step up his bag-game

>Sup Forums
>basic hygiene
What the fuck user

I'm autistic not disgusting.

Right after Guts tried to rape the potato-plot device.

In volume 24 half the cast became kids.

>vegetarian neo-apostles

What the fuck was he thinking? This makes the eclipse looks like a joke with these new faggots.

How does some apostles resisting the urges diminish what happened int the Eclipse?

We already saw how Zod treated the Eclipse so we know at least some apostles abhor eating humans en mass

I bet he does, and hates himself for it.
I wonder how Griffith will react once they fight again and Guts can at least give Griffith a good sweat.

I admit that when I dont take a shower after everytime I fap.
My underwear is always a bit stiff when I manage to wash it.

make Casca great again!!

What happened to her Sup Forums?

Probably raped several times by her dad, until she eventually fought back and then was killed by him.
Or she died after the eclipse being eaten by monsters or because of the plague, or starved to death because of her shit village (that's pretty much what was happening EVERYWHERE).
Really, if she isn't in Falconia right now and we don't get to see her in the next episodes, she's never appearing ever again.

>I miss the conviction arc. It was so grimdark and edgy!

Just a friendly reminder of why nobody wants to make a decent berserk adaptation

huh?

Just keep on reading, the plot should make the meaning clear.

Seeing older panels like & then this almost makes TOO much sense

Just a dumb forced meme.

When did the millennium falcon arc and fantasia started + ended?

So millennium falcon arc started when guts and casca moved by themself after the conviction arc but when did it go into fantasia arc? The moment they went on the boat? or when they saved farnese

Who'd he sacrifice for his arrow skills?

If only there were a climactic event which ended in the release of fantastical creatures to mark the beginning of the fantasia arc.

Maybe his lover, maybe his hunter buddies.
If that guy is supposed to be based off Robin Hood, he probably had friends who lived with him in the forest.

she's actively having her mind restored m8

she's the one who will end up using the behelit

I thought he just wasn't interested in it, not that he abhorred it. Why would he guard the entrance if he abhorred it?

bunp

I'm not sure symbolically having the figurative representation of Gutts literally drag around her broken corpse counts as "actively."

They are fixing the doll that represents her, piece by piece.
Unless something goes really wrong, they WILL fix her.

Maybe, maybe. But being dragged around and not actually doing anything does not count as being active.

best theme coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=GPLhpoJrqmI

What's the point of subs if you can't read them until the sentence is already over?
I really like the music though. Too bad the dead eyes of CGI always stand out so much.
Miura always puts so much life and emotion in the eyes he draw.

I honestly forgot, what chapter is this again?

Scenes that will never be done right.

If this ever gets another adaptation, now from a studio that cares and is somewhat capable, I don't see why these scenes would be hard to animate.
Abstract creepy scenes like that can look pretty good in anime too. Mob Psycho had some scenes that while being kinda tame, felt creepy and unsettling.

In my opinion, scenes that are more dialogue-focused are the real problem and never were done right, in any of the adaptations we already have. Like this scene

why are literal monster's wearing armor?

Why would he?

Meh, I love the current arc, the D&D is just too appealing to me being a /tg/ nerd.

Assuming that Miura has the desire to draw more gore scenes again, how likely will his editor approve? Berserk being more and more mainstream after all these years, do you think he wouldn't get any backlash Berserk being a seinen? I just think not only is he neutered from the lack of desire but he's probably dissuaded from drawing graphical.

Can we talk about the anime?

The pupper knew what to do with her piece. We can assume he's done it before. And he's not Guts, just representation of him, he's still a piece of Casca's subconscious
Not sure but I think it's right when they saved C&F from the trollmurderrape.

it's great seeing it animating at least

Where were you when the anime is better than the manga.

the sound department could use some work

I didn't realize how stupid the wind stuff was until it was animated.

>Serpico swings the feather
>shit gets sliced in half
>his cloak can slice stuff in half too

Damn, what was Miura thinking?

I wonder how big Gut's cock is. Someone link me to some doujinshi

Too large, too thick, too heavy and too rough. That thing can hardly be called a cock

Will we see Judeau's sacrifice in Casca's memory?

The old ost was great for the "feel" of berserk

youtube.com/watch?v=wEvtnqh5OsE

Their everything could use some work.