Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous) TV anime announced

Looks pretty nice.

Here's a promo video for the manga from a few years ago, this is NOT the PV.

youtube.com/watch?v=3pzIQ54cwiA

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-09/land-of-the-lustrous-manga-gets-tv-anime/.115869
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=985
youtube.com/watch?v=0VEqMBntWpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's the source, forgot to link it.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-09/land-of-the-lustrous-manga-gets-tv-anime/.115869

HOLY SHIT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Hope it becomes a bit more popular in the west after it airs.

>an actually good announcement for once
Nice

What studio would do it justice? I assume Kodansha actually care since they wouldn't have bothered to animate it otherwise.

Shaft

Im going with Shaft too. But who knows.

Just realized we are gonna get lots of "oh, a ripoff of Steven Universe" even when Hnk its older than SU.

Oh well.

Nice, I'm looking forward to this.

WE

MEIN DICK

WUZ

I wonder how they're going to adapt the art for animation.

>she

Weren't all those boys?

>Weird introspective series about humanity with a stylized artstyle

Shaft probably.

Studio 3Hz

Please no.

They are neither actually

HUMANZ

Don't worry, it is not going to be Shaft, they are too busy with 3-gatsu/Fate. My bet on White Fox/JC Staff

All of them are technically genderless gem bone people, but are basically presented as girls.

Sphene uses manly pronouns.

Holy shit, first Made in Abyss now this.
I wouldn't have ever expected any of these to be adapted, they were way too obscure and unpopular. Hell Houseki threads have maybe 10 IPs.

I think the most we had were 22 IPs.

Now I only need Dorohedoro.

Popularity on Sup Forums isn't exactly representative of a series' popularity in Japan.

Finally!
I'll see best gem animated! What a time to be alive.

Agree with this, but Dorohedoro feels like it would be more difficult to adapt.

Also i can stand Houseki anime stopping after, dunno, the winter arc, but i couldnt handle Dorohedoro anime ending without a conclussion.

Altair is another great one that suddenly got an anime.

We don't deserve such good things.

Who was responsible for the PV animation?
I think it looks good, maybe a bit more budget would be needed but the colors and contrasts are nice and they adapted the manga style properly I think.

Fuck yes.

Well, Oishi's technically available, on the off chance he feels like doing more work instead of disappearing again.

Dorohedoro's never ever happening.

>S1 ends where Caiman's curse is removed due to Ebisu dying and he regains his previous memory and personality.
>S2 never.

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=985
Looking at their recent work, I don't think they're going to do the full thing.

Who is voicing Phos? They better give the gems female voices anyways.

Akasaki Chinatsu

youtube.com/watch?v=0VEqMBntWpc

Oh fuck.
The PV was absolutely beautiful. The music playing played a big part.
I want it to be good although I cant help but hope it doesnt get too popular.

I know they are genderless and have girly physiologies but Phos, after being battle hardened, Bortz, Antarc and Padparadscha struck me as males.

Ideally, I'd like someone like Hiroshi Nagahama to work on this, but he's busy. Shigeyasu Yamauchi would be a good pick for this though, I think it's the sort of material that suits him.

>the slender effeminate boys are now qt flat chested girls
I can already hear the cries of the dumblr fujos.

I bet all of them will get female voices - the more boyish gems like Bort will probably be voiced by female VAs that do boys and tomboyish girls, like Mitsuki Saiga, Romi Park and people like them.

>Hiroshi Nagahama
On what is he working right now?

Same. Peridot too, if only a bit. Also Cairngorm. No way i can see Cairngorm as a girl.

> Hiroshi Nagahama
> Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Are you sure you aren't just saying you want Umakoshi designs? I mean, Yamauchi's most recent works in particular have been pretty bad.

That doesn't suit Phos at all.

>Cairngorm
Same. Ghost Quartz is a girl though.

Really? Its pretty much the voice i always pictured Phos with during the first chapters.

Lapis is the girliest.

After Dia.

Shouldn't tumblr be even happier with this? They seem to be more into non-conform girl characters and yuri than into cute guys.
I don't really care though, and the Japanese text will probably barely ever hint genders in the first place. This will rather be some translation problem.

I personally refer to most them as females, there are exceptions though like

That Stan Lee thing.

I think of Phos with a more androgynous voice. Especially with how batshit he gets.

Great, recently started reading it. It's the best feeling when you find a series with a lot of chapters already. Anyone else got the feeling the series is aproaching to the finale?

>>The manga series ranked at #10 on Kono Manga ga Sugoi!'s "Top 20 Manga for Male Readers" list in 2014, and it was also nominated for the eighth Manga Taisho awards in 2015.

This is kinda surprising

Yesss, huge fan. Posting best gems

I always saw Bortz as a cool onee-sama.

Speaking of it, would they change Phos' voice after she got the head of Lapis? If her voice would sound too boyish it would be weird with that head, but on the other hand she looked pretty boyish before she lost her head

Nah, i feel is midway still.

Its pretty popular in japan.

For me Bortz is the strong af jerk little brother (to Dia) and older brother to Phos and so. His relationship with Dia is what makes me feel him as a guy.

I wonder what the English publisher will do about the pronouns, it seems like when the series was first being translated there were arguments over what the gems would be referred as.

I'll probably buy them regardless but I just hate that they chose "land of the lustrous" as the title, it sounds like an erotic novella

I dunno. She and Diamond make me think of Ymir and Christa so I have a different perspective.

Many Japanese VAs have a good range though, she'll probably sound fairly different from that chibi blobb.

He is the pronoun for unspecified gender.
Unless SJWs throw a bitchfit and the publisher backs out.

She's generally a cutesy MC.

The Reflection. It's an original superhero anime.

No, that's not what I'm saying. My first thought was "someone Ikuhara-school" and Nagahama's the best of that bunch IMO. Yamauchi was a stray thought that I think fits pretty well, stylistically. And yeah, I haven't heard good things about his more recent shows, but I don't think that means he's incapable of good work now and forever.

>He is the pronoun for unspecified gender.
Isn't it "they"?

I think many anons would complain as well since they want to think of the gems as waifus.

Only at the beggining though. Then it becomes a PSTD MC getting Vietnam (winter) War flashbacks.

Always thought Ymir would have been better as a guy. Foxy guy in love with Christa.

>waifuing rocks

Both are correct.

>Always thought Ymir would have been better as a guy. Foxy guy in love with Christa.
Well good thing we got pure androgyny now.

Boys can be waifus too.

A singular they can also be used but it's rare and personally i think it feels distant and formal.

I don't think this has a fanbase like that.

i wanna be Adamant

The first time I saw Bortz they reminded me of Klaus from Eroica, so I've always pictured them as being older and stern.

Secondaries and animeonly fags will definitely have that mentality though.

I hope they don't fuck this up.

Is he serious ?

>Secondaries and animeonly fags
>and
What the fuck does "secondary" even mean anymore?

It's not gay if dicks aren't involved.

serious about what

Depends on the artstyle the adaption gets. The manga has been out for a while and never attracted that group(and I assume) it's because the art is really abstract/strange.

I mean, there's the birthstonefags like , but I like them.

Tourmanon has been in the threads since long ago if im not mistaken.

Fuck yes, I've been waiting for this. Cannot wait to see all the suffering animated.
I wonder how much they will adapt.

As insanely popular as traps have become I doubt that will be anywhere near as much a problem as it would've been even a decade ago. Hell I know I'd smash on every last one of them as long as there were at least one hole down there I could jam it in. They're just so pretty.

You can always hump them and run away once Adamant notices.

>>>The manga series ranked at #10 on Kono Manga ga Sugoi!'s "Top 20 Manga for Male Readers" list in 2014, and it was also nominated for the eighth Manga Taisho awards in 2015.
>This is kinda surprising

I bet the male readers still refer to them as females despite them being genderless

Referring them as males is also wrong.

It's irrelevant either way.

Well we probably are gonna get better translations/scanlations once the anime is out and people become more and more interested.

Marketing will be fascinating though. Would otaku or fujoshi aimed magazine talk about this? Or will it stick to general anime magazines like Newtype?

>master1200
You disgust me.

i could go on and on

yamero

>literally no difference

I will never stop.

Philistine.

Is this the new Flip Flappers?

>25 IPs

Truly a new dawn for this manga.

>Land of the Lustrous

Is that the Crunchyroll title or something? It literally says Kingdom of Gems.