Re:zero X Konosuba Crossover

So remember the second crossover magazine that contained a story for Rem being in Konosuba's world, and the second one being Emilia in that world? Well Remon just translated the Rem story for it. So i'll be posting it.

Give Blessings to the Beautiful Maid
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2017/05/09/give-blessings-to-the-beautiful-maid/

This one was written by Konosuba's author, Emilia's was Tappei.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nezumiironyanko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Subaru-kun
I am saved

Rem's last lines felt so ooc

A lot of her lines are OOC, like mentioning her ability to smell the Witch. She doesn't do that very often, and Witch Beasts don't even have the scent.

I remember the creatures having the scent. Rem non nonchalantly mentioning it felt odd though yeah. Honestly aside from Kazuma's reaction to Rem mentioning how she would do her best to be Subaru's number two, the rest was fairly weak.

what? she can the smell the witch scent and the witch beast have scent too?

yeah, the whole chapter feels like some cheap fanfic

>I remember the creatures having the scent.
They don't. Things with the Witch Scent enrage them, and Rem would have noticed the dog in the village right away if they carried it themselves.

I think the Konosuba author just didn't give a fuck. I was thinking he was going for something tragic too like:

>She was brought over by the white mist
>First thing that pops in my head is that she's a Rem from one of the failed loops and got killed by the whale but doesn't remember the last part
>Oh wait nevermind, she was in the city buying Appas, haha

Witchbeasts don't have the scent. The puppy in Arc 2 would have been dead within moments if they did. Secondly, Rem doesn't usually talk about her ability unless she really needs to. Even when she suspected the miasma had something to do with Subaru's condition in Arc 3, she didn't tell anyone.
Here's the real question. How does she know about Patrasche if she was just buying some Appas? By the time Patrasche was named, they were either headed straight for the whale fight or already in the middle of it.

Well it is a crossover novel so. Tappei prolly wouldnt be much better. This one I doesnt have many laughs in it sadly.

I think the idea is that this happened after the fight was over. It's probably not taking into account the ending of volume 9 to avoid spoilers.

Nah. It's obvious that Konosuba is just Rem's coma dream. Megumin is based on Ram, with her low stamina and flat chest.

>Patrasche was named, they were either headed straight for the whale fight or already in the middle of it.

it's a crossover, it has no timeline, in the first place

>Rem's coma dream.
another dump post,

Crack theories are for late night user

>Megumin is based on Ram, with her low stamina and flat chest.
lmao

It's always late night as far as I'm concerned.

Nah, she'd need to have a character for that

She does have a character. Mostly as a rather odd, emotional, and excitable girl who tries to act like she's calm and professional.

she does have character, you'd need a brain to realize it though

>“Yes! Subaru-kun’s number one is Emilia-sama, but I’ll do my best to become number two!”
Ouch. Even non-canon Rem thinks she she's still nothing but Subaru's second choice. Not sure if the real Rem would also have that same mentality. Hopefully not, but then there aren't many things indicative of her not being okay with being in 2nd place so.

Well, that's the thing. She's already had the #2 position since the end of Arc 2. She doesn't really have to try for it.

>I’ll do my best to become number two!
This is just disgustingly ooc, maybe it's mistranslated

>mfw I saw a boob for some reason in this pic

the soup does look like skin, and it's right in front of Rem's breasts so it's understandable

It's not. I read it from the source.

It's because everyone knows, know that she's already number one. This is why she has to do her best to go to position number two since Emilia is the main girl in her story and Sub girls cant win as a rule.

why are both author's such twats? that whole #1 and #2 thing is just retarded. At least Kazuma called Subaru out on that two timing bullshit

yeah, number one without doing shit in the whole story but being Subaru's fetish fuel, great heroine

>number one without doing shit in the whole story but being Subaru's fetish fuel
How else do you choice your waifus user? Dont tell me you dont follow your fetishes in doing so because nobody will ever believe you.

You sound buttblasted.

But that's literally Emilia for him.

nah I'm just slightly annoyed but by the whole romance shit

you have the main heroine who does literally nothing in the relationship and gets treated as some special snowflake and wins and you have the tryhard who does everything possible and gets the amazing 2nd spot

like wtf

What's wrong with it? Subaru loved Emilia more so she was his #1. Meanwhile Subaru didn't think of Rem as a love interest until much later so she was his #2. It's just that simple.

Why the fuck do you sound so mad? Rem won anyways so what's the point.

you either have one(1) love interest or none, not two it's just retarded

Like it or not that's just who he is right now.

It may change later, but for now he loves both. Can't exactly just go "hm, i'll just stop loving Rem and focus on Emilia now" or vice versa, you don't control feelings like that.

Subaru is in the fortunate position of having a naive and ignorant child and a crazy bitch available. It's the kind of set up that would only really work at Roswaal's manor, where they're all a bunch of crackpots in one way or another.

Sure, if that 2nd spot gives her a Subaru who want to marry her. Spot 1 which belongs to Emilia gives a Subaru who doesn't want to enter a relationship with so.

No Satella does, which is kinda stupid.

Dont know how it's depicted in the manga or the novels. So speaking strictly from anime perspective and as someone who fell in love before. Subaru attention towards Emilia nevel felt like genuine love but rather like admiration ( like you feel something holy and untochable ) bordering on obsession. I didnt even understand that he was in "love" until the last episode. This is my opinion though.

>kidnapped by pic related simply because she is fetish fuel
Being an Emiliafag must decrease ones IQ to 50

Sounds about right, that's how its usually depicted in the novels so.

It's not even about Subaru.

The way the author made the romance is just stupid. He wanted to make SE the main couple but he didn't give the audience any reasons to care for them, dunno if he expected the audience to be as obsessed with silver haired girls as him or what. He then made SR for some reason and people liked it waaaaay more so he sticked with it and came up with the #1 and #2 bullshit to make both parties happy I guess. But who the fuck is happy about a 2nd place? It's obvious who deserves to win and is the better match for Subaru and yet the author keeps forcing SE.

I'm not even a big fan of re:zero so I'm asking you guys what the author is doing and why. From my perspective he can either a) stick with the #1 and #2 bullshit b) drop SR and disappoint like half of the fanbase or c) drop SE what probably won't happen anyway because "muh special snowflake heroine"

>not two
People call Subaru a two-timer for a reason user. But frankly speaking, I don't like that idea of that maido's romance dragging on even though its clear as day who Subaru will end up with. Its just so predictable at this point.

Even after reading much of the novels, it still kind of comes across that way. I think it slightly improves, but I might need to see where it settles first.

There hasn't been much opportunity to see how he interacts with an awake Rem after he realized he loved her, so it's hard to compare how he'd act with her. However, he doesn't do the catchphrase/slogan sort of things with Rem, and generally has less of an overexcited fanboy attitude towards her.
>"muh special snowflake heroine"
That's silly. Emilia was explicitly designed to look like an "Archetypal Heroine". She looks as generic as they come.

So how is the author gonna do that? Kill Rem after letting the majority of the fanbase wait for her wakening for years?

It's on purpose, it's not to appease anyone. Subaru felt like shit for feeling like that after telling Rem he loved Emilia. He just can't help but love her too after all they went through, the anime just skipped way too much of their budding and moments.

Rem is not easy going with him for example and calls him out on his bullshit, and bullies him for fun, low level bullying though. And in the novels he admits to love her after he thinks she is dying after the tree falls, because Rem fakes it to get a confession out of him, which is where the lip touching scene comes from, but the anime butchered it.

Plus, he feels conflicted about it. He loves both, but he didn't want that, he wanted to stay true to Emilia but inevitably came to love Rem too. After she went into a coma due to gluttony Bishop at the end of arc 3, he got even more obsessed with her and feeling like a piece of shit for not being able to change it, despite killing himself the second he saw her in a coma he couldn't change the outcome.

Also Emilia is not perfect on his mind at least not at first. In the LN he even wonders why he likes her, since he admits he is mostly interested because Emilia fits all of his fetishes and preferences on a girl, while Rem slowly grew up on him and there were hints of it even at the start of arc 3. Where Subaru was borderline flirting with him by head patting her a lot of times, and just being overly close to her. Small hints of Emilia being jealous too, but she probably doesn't understand why.

Emilia also has a lot of flaws which come to light on arc 4. And Subaru confronts her about it in order to make her pass a dilemma she was facing, instead of just relying on him for it.

>muh special snowflake heroine
the author is an emiliafag for some reason, that's why she's getting the special treatment like some damsel in distress while shitting on every other character

>Kill Rem
Kill her feelings for Subaru, not Rem herself. Her fanbase would appreciate the fact that she is still kept alive so they wouldn't complain shit.

I know all that stuff, I'm not talking from the story's perspective but from the author's. I mean he even admits that Rem became much bigger than planned so it seems like it got out of control considering how much percentage of the re:zero readers are remfags.

How can she be a damsel in distress when she's maybe the sixth most powerful character in the world?

That stuff was still in the WN though, i doubt there was that much of a fanbase for it at the time. Plus, he is always foreshadowing stuff, and there even a scene at the court where Rem asks if he'll always remember her no matter what, and Subaru feels like that's too sad of a question and just head pats her if i remember right.

I don't think it's due to fan pressure. Because the ones that were following still got angry when Rem got nom'ed.

that makes it even wors. For the amount of screentime she gets she does waaay to little, she could be the strongest character in anime history but if she just sits around and let's everyone else do the work she's just a damsel in distress

That's a very cheap solution and I doubt anyone would appreciate it. Deleting the feelings after building them up for so long is just shit writing and very disrespectful towards the character and the fans.

I'm a Remfag but that's not entirely correct. Emilia does try to do stuff, the others just won't let her.

For example:

Arc 1: Fights off Elsa and looks for the medallion on her own accord
Arc 2: Wanted to run into the forest to help Subaru and Rem but Puck is a shitter and doesn't let her
Arc 3: When she realized there might be trouble, she runs to the village to offer refuge, but nobody listens to her. When the fighting arrives, she fights off the cultists, but the damage was done. And in the last loop she's told to accompany the children instead of staying and fight.
Arc 4: Faces the trial, but due to circumstances related to her memory being messed with, and the shock of finding all of that out fucks with her mind. Fights off the rabbits to helps the villagers when she finally completes it.
Arc 5: Offers to go into the tower to aid Subaru and Betty, Subaru fearing for her safety but she still goes. Gets captured by Regulus due to him taking an interest in her, and later helps defeat him when they come to rescue her, she even tries to throat slice Regulus but of course it doesn't work.
Arc 6: Does her best to win against Reid, and wins. Although it was a lucky win because she didn't react to the boob grab.

She did plenty of things. She does end up needing help, or gets blocked from helping, but most of the time it's understandable. The only two times she did need aid were in arc 4, which makes sense since her memories were sealed and it shocked her. And in arc 5 because she was facing off against someone overly powerful, so there was no way she could win fairly.

It still doesn't change the fact that she does too little. The execution is good and it's understandable why she does so little but she still doesn't do enough. Just because it's explained why it is how it is doesn't change how it is.

desu she's just a doormat and troublemaker from the way you described what she did

Nah it wouldn't be that bad if the execution is good. The author is smart so he would know how to make the "farewell" between Subaru and Rem conclusive and satisfying.

>I don't think it's due to fan pressure. Because the ones that were following still got angry when Rem got nom'ed.
yeah but right before she got nom'ed he made Subaru confess to her and declare her also his #1 to give the remfans hope so they will read the story further instead of dropping it. It's been 3 years and will still take a few until she wakes up at that pace just to disappoint the remfans with some amnesia bullshit and then completely drop the Rem romance so Emilia can win without ever doing anything

Are you a Remfag? I doesn't seem like so stop talking like you understand anything

So you're saying its due to fan popularity despite Tappei himself saying she has moved beyond the first draft through his own writing?

>soup

That looks a bit less liquid than soup.

I really hope that you're right but he could also be lying about it. It seems like he gave her a bigger role because she got popular and then he gave her more screentime and it got out of control and now she's by far the most popular character despite being inactive for so long. The whole dumb idea about loving two girls and polygamy is just to give Remfags hope and reasons to read the story and endure the shitty Emilia romance. I would be positively surprised if Emilia somehow loses in the end but considering that the author is obsessed with her and all I doubt that it will happen.

I don't understand where you are getting this information from, I don't believe Tappei is obsessed with Emilia, so far in his writing, Q&As and whatnot he's been pushing the Rem romance and tragedy further than anything regarding Emilia, plus if his first draft if to speak for it the idea of loving Emilia itself is inherently wrong due to the whole Envy thing.

Come on, I assure you I wouldn't fuck up a simple line like that...if it sounds OOC then it's just how the writing is.

>But who the fuck is happy about a 2nd place?
Apparently Rem and even her fanbase as long as she can stay relevant in MCbowl competition.

>I don't believe Tappei is obsessed with Emilia
check his twitter and Q&A's, "obsessed" is a bit exaggerated but she gets special treatment unlike the other characters

May I which ones you are referring to? I'm genuinely curious as to which considering I'm the one who has been helping translate those.

Eh, no? WTF is wrong with you

fav character : Emilia, the tweet about "I'm obviously an Emilia shipper" and the all that shit, I mean just take a look at his twitter and see for yourself that he retweets more Emilia pics than any other character and I highly doubt that it's because people don't post Rem or somehitng

I think you've misread a number of stuff, since I know which specific tweets you are referring to. You do know that he said that he supports Emilia but he has a Rem wallpaper on his phone right?

It literally means nothing, since he just wanted to tell everyone about how cute his Rem phone wallpaper was.

NEW WN CHAPTER WHEN

He retweets a bunch of pictures that isn't Emilia though, he has a good balance of everyone when retweeting. He only posts Emilia pictures a bunch once its her birthday, probably to compensate because instead of reposting Rem pics on twitter he instead held a convention for Rem on her birthday.

that whole wallpaper talk seems like cheap distraction from his first sentence, he's still an emilia supporter and biased like you can see from his retweets. Personally, I think it's really stupid to be that blunt about a fav character as an author especially if he plans to let her win

it's like 50% Emilia and 50% rest of the cast, very rarely SubaRem pics even though there are masses of them

So is this thread HALAL both for Knsb and Re:zero?

I approve

Where's my BestWitch\Vanir shipping?

konosuba's author did it right, his fav character is just a male side character and not one of the heroines

>just a male side character

>“No, apart from assaulting me by looking at me with indecent eyes once I get out of the bath, Satou-sama hasn’t done anything yet.”

I want Subaru and Kazuma to have a pleasant chat between them two

>In my case, I have Aqua, so I can come back as much as I want as long as I don’t get severely injured a lot.

>So that in itself is kind of like a cheat ability.

Wew, Kazuma gets it. Instead of a cheat power which lets you win fights he got a cheat goddos which let you repeat as much as he wants.

When did the author ever imply the Emilia romance is good or progressing? Where are you getting all this evidence from? Need I remind you that Tappei also called Crusch his wife and Felt most adorable. Also if you are going to base this on one tweet I'll base on one Q&A where Tappei thought it was obvious that Subaru fell of Rem and another where he said he'd find himself a "Rem-like heart" if he wasn't isekai'd and marry that. I'll even base on how he has written Rem as "Sleeping Beauty" and calls her "Subaru's heart's girl".

I dunno which is more blatant but I guess one tweet of him going I support Emilia but I love my cute Rem wallpaper is enough to show his bias huh?

What the-

I guess I' an axis cultist now. Dammit.

>When Rem said that, I started using Enemy Detection with all the magical power I had in me.

I wonder how canon this mechanic really is. I was under the impression that Detect Enemy is a passive skill, and this here says it uses mana. Or maybe a user can pour mana into it to widen the range? Not sure, gonna ask the author on this one.

>it's like 50% Emilia and 50% rest of the cast
twitter.com/nezumiironyanko

What?

Remember the axis cult motto. It all boils down to the point that the more you procrastinate and run from your problems the more power you give to dumb goddos.

We already were axis cultists all along.

I must be providing her with enough power to wipe out a whole dungeonful of undead then.

Imagine what a whole board of us can do

That archaic Emilia design is pretty damn cool

The author himself wrote it, so it probably consumes mana, or can be enhanced to crazy levels by applying mana.

Anyways he needs to activate it willingly i think.

Infinite mana, maxed stats, still below average intelligence and negative luck. Best girl she's not, that's for sure.

Well she's just a tool to anchor Kazuma to that world. Of course she's not.

B E S T B O Y

E

S

T

B

O

Y

Thank you lemon

>Only 16 posters

Things really slowed down.

Shitoster-kun chased away lots of the regulars, he also got help from his plebbit friends to shitpost so.

It's just daiz samefagging.

Yeah. Looking at ancient fan art is pretty cool.
>When did the author ever imply the Emilia romance is good or progressing?
There's actually one thing that confuses me about the Emilia romance. In Arc 3, he realized pretty early on that it was a mistake to idealize and idolize Emilia like he had been doing. That was during their argument. However, by the time Arc 4 hits, he needs Otto to beat this same exact message back into him.

All the oldest RemRams!

Its in the LN.

And let's not forget our leading role, Subaru-kun himself!