Religion and some questions

Hey Pol/ so some questions about religion, I just want to know where people draw the line of belief when it comes to it this specific case, Christianity.
Some back ground, I was born, baptized, raised, confirmed into Christianity. However as I progressed through school and began reading books that contradicted the Bible I started growing curious. Now today I am a atheist simply because I do not believe that there is a god out there and that most things are explained by fundimental laws of physics and nature. But there are somethings that I don’t know the answer to and it’s hard for me to just brush it off as gods work.
Is this how it is to be like a die hard Christian, brush everything off as a work of god. I’m just trying to understand both sides. And where people stand.
Do you believe that the world is 6000 year old as the Bible’s timeline portrays
Do you believe that the world was created in 7 days
Did dinosaurs walk along side humans
Did Noah’s flood happen
Is Jesus real
Is there a heaven and hell
Where on the spectrum do you stand

Tips fedora

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Reason
youtu.be/NaDvPeWjBuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>“We see that it is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.”
-Kalistos Ware, The Orthodox Way

Prove that you are still in the thread and i'll join in the discussion

Sup

>Do you believe the world is 6000 years old?
Nope.
>Bible timeline provides some interesting political commentary on events going on in the region of its setting (Babylonian-Egyptian arguments regarding who the Jews should side with) but general some events are exaggerated, or unsubstantiated by any evidence.
>Do you believe the world was created in 7 days?
Nope
>Did dinosaurs and humans chill together?
Nah.
>Did Noah's flood happen?
Mostly likely not.
>Is Jesus real?
I'm unsure where I stand on this. I tend to believe that there probably was a historical figure whom the Jesus of the bible is based off of. But I think many of the stories attributed to this character are likely an amalgamation of regional stories into one figure.
>Heaven or Hell?
I don't think so, but can't prove it either way.
>Where are you on the spectrum?
Like a 5

Beautiful quote

>we russian slavs and greeks are pretty dumb so anything we dont understand we Will just call a Mistery and Play it cool

So what part of Christianity do you believe in and why, or are you more agnostic where you believe there much be something out there but are unsure

I 100% believe the Bible is the literal word of God

I like that quote myself as the OP but the only question that I have in response is,

What happens when something no longer becomes a mystery, when science proves Without a doubt that something can naturally happen, should religions react by rejecting science, or should they modify there beliefs.

The book of Genesis is literally a series of events that describes the process of creation by way of evolution.

Well I was raised Catholic, but much like yourself I didn't really buy into it all as I grew up and did my own looking into things. I went through my cringy anti-Theist phase in my late teens but in my early 20s I started to drift to a more neutral stance towards religion. Now while I wouldn't consider myself religiously affiliated and don't actively believe there is "something out there" I also won't discount the idea all together either. I guess you could say I'm sympathetic to Christianity if only for it's cultural influence which I do not feel is entirely negative.

>Implying that religion will ever resort to logic
Fucking kek

No it doesnt

Now I don’t mean to sound condisending or like an ass so in the nicest way.
May I ask why you believe the Bible is 100% true. What about the parts that are scientifically observable to be false, do you reject science or reinterpret the bible

I do not believe in materialism

On a scale of 1 to 9, with 1 total disbelief, and 9 as the reverse.
1 1 3 3 6 2
I have estimated and generalized the various meanings and submeanings contained within these questions.

Why not pick on Islam or Hindu for a while, surely you've issues someone other than christians.

OP is American. 70ish% of the country is a Christian of some denomination. Most likely little to no interaction with any other religions.

Literally everything else comes before the humans show up. The planet shows up, then the life on it, and first there's stuff in the water, then stuff on the land, and this begets that until finally we have humans.

>Do you believe that the world is 6000 year old as the Bible’s timeline portrays
lol no, and the bible doesn't portray it that way
>Do you believe that the world was created in 7 days
no, see previous
>Did dinosaurs walk along side humans
lol no
>Did Noah’s flood happen
who knows. I believe Noah was a real prophet who physically walked on the earth but many stories in Genesis are not completely literal. I'd venture the flood only affected a certain area such as a valley rather than the entire globe but truthfully I don't know.
>Is Jesus real
yes
>Is there a heaven and hell
kind of, there was an existence before birth, there will be rest after death for the righteous and an opportunity to hear the Word for the wicked and those born at the wrong time, there will also be a Judgement and a Second Coming, following which the righteous will live in glory and the wicked such as satan will be cut off from God for eternity. there likely isn't a fire and brimstone hell.
>Where on the spectrum do you stand

I am not Christian but I am knowledgeable enough to answer these questions.

>Do you believe that the world is 6000 year old as the Bible’s timeline portrays
Most Christians do not. Remember that a day for God is not like a day for man. God's creation certainly wasn't a six day process.
No. The universe itself was created in a period of six lengths of time.
They still do, we birds and some fish and the like that haven't changed since the dinosaurs were the main inhabitants of Earth. But triceratops and stegosaurus we're extinct long before humans sprouted up in the Balkans.
>Did Noah’s flood happen
No.
>Is Jesus real
If you ask a Christian, "is Jesus real?" remember that Christianity can't exist without Jesus. So the answer will always be a yes.
Depends on what you define heaven to be, it varies across religions, but in Christianity, yes, heaven is unity with God and hell is the separation from him.

whoops
>>Where on the spectrum do you stand
all the way on the believer side

Well just me growing up a Christian makes it a bit easier to know the position of the theist side.
The only question that I could give them is “what makes there god special” I mean same for Christians tho, why is your god the right one out of the thousands of religions why is yours the right one.
It’s one of my favorite questions because it makes you think.
The correct answer to this question though is
“Because it was the one I was raised into”
Because in reality that is the only reason your god is right, if you were born on the other side of the world it would be different.

Damn true I tell it how it is right here
Yea my only interaction with a Hindu is my Indian friend but Islam is a bit more common round here

>However as I progressed through school

you found that the education system was smarter than you are, so now you've been brainwashed into adopting the mandatory academic religion?

Our modern social science based educational system was created circa 1920-1946 by the philanthropy of John D Rockefeller Jr., one of the members of the illuminati, which has always been a luciferian cult.

Have you ever considered why an educational system created by satanists is so determined to convince students that there is no God?

going to college christian and leaving atheist is the very definition of cucked.

That’s awesome I’ve never heard it been said in that way that the “days” for god aren’t actually our days and that it is six periods of time.
I mean it’s clear that on the side of “regent science vs interpret different” this is interpret different but I’m glad to see an insightful contribution to this thread

Nice bait, have a bump.

Getting on the internet, reading conspiracy bullshit soaking it all in then believing it, >is the very definition of cucked

Not bait, just hoping for insight but thanks anyways;)

>I'm unsure where I stand on this.

Then you need to be redpilled. If you were Gen X, you were told in school that Josephus (the historian of the period) never mentioned Jesus. This is false, Josephus, in the antiquities of the Jews 18:63 talks in depth about Jesus, calls him the Messiah, mentions him performing miracles, etc. He talks about James, the brother of Jesus, and he also talks about John the Baptist.

The reality is that there is as much historical evidence for Jesus as there is any other historical figure of the day. the only reason why there is doubt as to Jesus existence is because liberal atheist professors under the direction of satanists intentionally introduced doubt.

>However as I progressed through school and began reading books that contradicted the Bible
I find this unlikely, unless you actually sought out heretical books. The most significant theory atheists can point to for how the universe exists at all, was put forth by a priest(the big bang theory).

>Is this how it is to be like a die hard Christian, brush everything off as a work of god. I’m just trying to understand both sides. And where people stand.
No, that's just being lazy, not being a Christian.

It portrays historical human existence as roughly that old.

That's a mostly symbolic story, much like a parable.

Where the fuck did you get this in the bible? Unless you're referring to the leviathan or something.

>Did Noah’s flood happen
Some massive flood over huge areas almost certainly happened. There's recordings of an event is almost every ancient civilization on Earth. As well as scientific backings for massive floods from volcanic activity around the Mediterranean.

>Is Jesus real
Probably a guy that lived, take the who being divine thing anyway you want.

Can't tell, but I personally like to believe my consciousness is somehow recycled much like my body is. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Spectrum? That's a weird fucking question for a boolean.

>Satanists
You mean devil worshippers. Satanism is atheistic and carnal in nature. It puts one's self at the top of the pantheon and disregards deities as deceit. The first satanic rule of the Earth is to not give out opinions unless asked, so forced conversion to atheism is actually antithetical to the whole idea of the religion, considering it's main principal is the preservation of individuality.

Devil worshippers are theistic and actually believe in Satan. Saw you were misinformed and wished to assist.

>t portrays historical human existence as roughly that old.

That's debatable.

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, oBe fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth"

Replenish means there was something there before that was destroyed. Also, who did Adam and Eve's children marry if they were the only people? Why was Cain afraid people would kill him if there were no other people?

I think Adam and Eve were the beginning of a human subspecies, not humanity in general. That's more supported by the events of Genesis than the theory that they were literally the first people. so the timeline is a timeline from Adam and Eve, not the4 dawn of creation.

I think that Atheism is the peak of ignorance because in their mind they believe:
>"I don't know whether or not something exists, therefore I choose not to believe in it."

The Bible doesn't actually portray that, that's a common misconception/ shill tactice from the Vatican. A lot of Bible scholars say that humanity itself (not Earth), is more than 50k years old

The days of creation are not like the days we experience now, there's 3 possible meanings for the days of creation: the daylight portion of a 24-hour day, a 24-hour day, what I believe in which is a long, unspecified period of time (as in "day or AGE of the dinosaurs").

I do believe that we walked alongside with dinosaurs before the flood of Noah. It says in the Bible that before the flood, the Nephilim (or Anunaki as some people call them) came down to Earth and fucked with the DNA of every living organisms, and they created beasts like dinosaurs. And oddly enough, people are trying to resurrect the dinosaurs in the modern age which reflects the Bible passage in Ecclesiasted 1:9

"What has happened before will happen again. What has been done before will be done again. There is nothing new in the whole world."

>Did Noah’s flood happen
Yes and there's a lot of proof that there were global floods around the world. But for this part I feel like you should research it yourself.

>Is Jesus real
Without a doubt. Also been proven if you take the time to research it

This is a question that even I'm not sure about, but I do think there might be

I used to be an ignorant Atheist, closed off to any information. Then I became Agnostic because it only seemed logical to have an open mind. And then by doing that I realized that the path through Christ was the way.

>Satanism is atheistic

You don't know what you're talking about. You're referring to entry level propaganda satanism. Illuminati satanists offer sacrifices to actual demons and believe in an actual devil.

>books Yes you are right the Big Bang theory was put out by a priest, however I was always the kid that ran to the nonfiction section and read books bout geology and fucking nerd shit and that was saying the earth was billions of year old and evolution etc. hence contradictory

>age of earth. Human existence was (in literal terms from the Bible) brought to earth just days after the earth was made so human existence according to the Bible should roughly be the same age as the earth, right?

>bout Dino’s Hold on to your seat this one is a whammy, cause it doesn’t say it in the Bible, But if we have fossils of dinos, and humans were always on the earth they would’ve had to be on the planet at the same time according to the Bible’s timeline

Also sorry I don’t know what Boolean is, just Boolean logic in programming and such

>Believes that the Illuminati is something more than a plot device in a Dan Brown novel

Seems legit to me

It doesn't.
No; and neither does anyone who read Genesis 1:12
No.
>Did Noah’s flood happen
The Flood is almost always misrepresented. The world of the ungodly was flooded - not the entire planet.
>Is Jesus real
Ask Josephus or Tacitus.
Yes but the latter is vaguely defined. Probably not a lake of fire, and probably not even permanent.

t. former nihilist edgelord

Luciferianism is a club, numbnuts. It's a way for rich libertine degenerates to drink and have sex. The vast majority are atheists. Occultism is exceedingly rare.

>>Believes that the Illuminati is something more than a plot device in a Dan Brown novel

You don't think the illuminati exist? That's adorable! you must be new to pol.

you've got a lot of catching up to do

See here is where you are wrong
Theism is the belief that there is a god out there
A-Theism is the belief that the theist claim is wrong
However some like to go the extra mile and believe there is no higher being

Okay okay let’s call it 50k
But according to the Bible’s literal words, the world was placed down only days before humans

Interesting interpretation, but if it’s the word of god, shouldn’t it require no manipulation to be correct

And interesting to know about your conversion back to Christianity

>Luciferianism is a club, numbnuts. It's a way for rich libertine degenerates to drink and have sex. The vast majority are atheists. Occultism is exceedingly rare.

I can't figure out what kind of asshole you are, a lying asshole or an ignorant one.

Well fuck I forgot to click enter
Sorry bout all the green text

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Reason

>Theism is the belief that there is a god out there
>A-Theism is the belief that the theist claim is wrong

Bullshit. This is an example of why atheism is the world's dumbest religion. you moonies have all sorts of beliefs, you just refuse to acknowledge any of them because you think that gives you a golden ticket out of defending them. to the atheism, proof is always the responsibility of the other guy.

I'm the kind of asshole that doesn't eat Alex Jones's shit directly from his sphincter.

Hey op here,
So I see all these responses to my initial questions, and thank you guys for the insight and generally well mannered thread (except you Illuminati guy)
Anyways if you still want to respond I would like to know your thoughts on this comment of mine

Hwy, what's that owl at the bohemian club? what's that pyramid with the eye on the dollar bill? Why is there that temple on epstein's island? why is the white house at the tip of a pentagram in the dc street layout? why is the capital building the center of an owl sitting at the top of a pyramid? Why are the elite democrats all engaged in human trafficking?

Why were the templars burned at the stake? Who did the templars become?

You don't know shit about anything dude.

You would if he shit blue pills, you mindless normie twat

I like Alex Jones when he's not shilling for diet pill pyramid schemes. And I like occult conspiracies as well. I just see the problems of the world as the natural result of human cockiness, thinking we can live without God, rather than an outside force making us shitty.

Well yes hence the term “burden of proof”
Though it is a burden it is the responsibility of the claimer to provide this.
A true Athiest lacks a claim
But don’t worry it’s not just you that has this, it’s also the job of
Hindus
Islamic
Christians
Buddhists
Daoist
Janists
Satanist
Etc.
Because you all have a claim

Because secret clubs have secret handshakes. And they engage in trafficking because they're criminals who peddle influence to the Third World.

>A true Athiest lacks a claim
I think you're thinking agnostic. An atheist does in fact claim that there is no god.

Humans are now too smart to fall for the bible, but too dumb to live without it.
It's a quite terrifying time.

Yes
6 days
Yes
Job 40:15
Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
>Did Noah’s flood happen
Yes
>Is Jesus real
No shit nigger, you aren't Christian if you think he wasn't
Yes

>Though it is a burden it is the responsibility of the claimer to provide this.

You're parroting infantile cult gibberish. None of you atheists, for all your supposed intellect, are ever capable of a single individual thought.

you're making claims right now, dumbfuck. you just provided a list of people you CLAIM have responsibility of proof that you CLAIM you do not have. You CLAIM to be making an observation based upon reason.

Most tellingly of all, you CLAIM you are not making any claims.

you're a religious fundamentalist.

Do you want to look it up in the dictionary together

“The absence of a belief that there is a diety or higher being”

It’s not the belief that there is nothing
It is the absence of a belief that there is something
Ffs man

>>A true Athiest lacks a claim

A true atheist religious fundamentalist refuses to acknowledge their claims.

Religion is organized schizophrenia. Preachers are puppet masters spreading delusion and milking the mentally ill for profit.

see originally I’d have no probs with this it’s your belief, but do you really have to use the n word, it’s kinda fucked up nevertheless plz respond to this question

Atheism is the most useful tool of the Jew.

The word you're thinking of is "agnostic." Agnostics don't claim to know whether God exists. Atheists do.

As for why we believe in the Christian God, that has more to do with it being the most logically sound expression of a divine creator. It goes the farthest back in the process defining what God is. God is not, for example, a creature birthed out of a primordial deity like the Greek Gaia, or a the sweat of a cow like in Nordic mythology. He is the greatest conceivable being, existing outside of time, all powerful, all knowing, all just, etc.

We also don't think other religions are 100% wrong. Many righteous pagans found great proximity to the truth. And there's such a thing as general revelation.

Isaiah 45:5
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

>if you were born on the other side of the world it would be different.
Christianity exists is in almost every country there is

infantile semantics that your cult has drilled into your head. You've been mindfucked by satanists into adopting the world's dumbest religion.

You claim to be atheist (another of the claims that you'll deny, proving your religious fundamentalism, but whatever), not agnostic. Atheist means you hold the positive belief that the claims about the existence of God are false.

Man I hate you fuckers with a passion. You're the biggest weasels of any religion. Every other religion at least is honorable enough to admit their religion. You're trained liars and you're too arrogant and delusional to even know that you're lying.

>Christianity exists is in almost every country there is
This, there's more Christians in China than the US, and a supermajority of South Koreans are Christian too.

Fuck off back to your hole, nu-Marxist fag. We tried living without God and gave us two world wars, and another 300M+ dead in peacetime.

Okay you want to know my claims

That the earth and the universe was created and has ran completely naturally

Evolution has taken place over billions of years to reach humans which are still flawed

We dictate our own pathway through life and create our own morals through social norms

Once we die, we die and nothing happens

>Atheist
>NOT liberal by any stretch of the imagination
>38, 26, 38
We don't all fit the mold

The Illuminati is when one doesn't want to blame the Jew. It's a stepping stool for some.

Instead of being so sure of yourself, you should really examine the motives and beliefs of the people that brainwashed you into yours. you've been shit out the ass end of an educational sausage factory to make you believe exactly how you do, and that belief isn't the belief of the powers that dictate the education provided by that sausage factory.

You're a sucker. They sawed your brainpan open and dropped a meaty deuce in it.

no, it's a list of the actual jews responsible. Those kikes ultimately work for the vatican, you know

>We don't all fit the mold
Bullshit

Okay cancer is creeping into this thread and that means it is time to go
The alt right is bound to find all threads that go against there cousin fucking beliefs and spew their literal uneducated bullshit, conspericy theories and highly religious ideals in order to take back the holy land from their sworn enemies the Jews

Op out, thanks to all who contributed thoughtful and insightful things,

Tips fedora

looks like we scared off another numale soyboy. I'll chalk that up in the win column

>the earth and the universe was created and has ran completely naturally
Oh, so you believe in God. Unless you believe the universe popped into existence ex-nihilo, uncaused, for no reason - which is worse than magic.
>Evolution has taken place over billions of years to reach humans which are still flawed
Flawed? By what standard? Some arbitrary measurement created by a deterministic meat robot?
>We dictate our own pathway through life and create our own morals through social norms
Those "morals" are just opinions without the divine objective backing. But even calling it an opinion gives the meat robot too much credit.
>Once we die, we die and nothing happens
Sure thing, meat robot.

Love ya Q ;)
Have a nice night

>Those kikes ultimately work for the vatican
Yes, the Jews work for the vatican, that's why atheist communists and brainwashed Americans raped and destroyed Germany

also, Most of these "NWO truther" youtube accounts I find never have mentioned the Juden or how their influenced by Jews.

Oh no my AI can’t handle this

Nah but about the universe poping into existence, fuck if I know.

Question back at ya is where did your god come from, what was around before him

See if you can keep up with this guy. (Doctorate in Astronomy, math genius, engineer etc.) I think you will feel VERY relieved.
youtu.be/NaDvPeWjBuY

There's nothing "before" God because God exists outside of sequential time. It's what makes God God.

The universe has been around for like 13.7B years. It's not like God was sitting around in waiting room for an eternity before popping us into existence at some arbitrary point. TIME ITSELF and the existence of physical space began the moment God set off the Big Bang.

Do you believe that the world is 6000 year old as the Bible’s timeline portrays
No
Do you believe that the world was created in 7 days
No but days could be any measure of time in God's eyes
Did dinosaurs walk along side humans
No
Did Noah’s flood happen
Yes
Is Jesus real
Yes
Is there a heaven and hell
Yes
Where on the spectrum do you stand
Christian

History, or the written record is 6000 years old.

Although before Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press literacy wad a largely (((elitist))) activity and many of the historical records have obviously been edited and manufactured to some people's benifit.

In all honesty we cannot know for certain our origins. Even as far as archeology had come. The nature of the past is that it no longer exists in the present.

What we should do is examine the old texts while thinking "supposing this were true, what implications would it have?" Then approch it from the other view. "Supposing this is false, what does it tell us about the reason people wrote it? What does it tell us symbolically about humanity? What arw the themes and are they present in modern society today?" We should do this for all texts that includes the Bible, epic tails such as the gilgamesh, beowolf, the Odyssey the Aniad. The book of the dead ect. The vedas and the sanskrit epics, the Tao te ching, ect. As well as historical records such as Heroditus, Horace, Tacitus, the zuo zhuan, the shuji, the eddas ect.

The different cosmological models of different civilizations each have something to teach us. Do not alter your life's course by any means based wholly on an alleged past. Learn the truths that there are from the texts and apply them to your tangible present reality.

Do not believe anything, no matter who has told you it, unless it agrees with your own reason.

Lol@ this thread is all mutts.

You guys probably can't even understand my comment lmao.

Yes, all natural phenomena can be explained by laws and reason. Don't make the mistake of thinking that this belief is a recent development in human history.

"In ancient times, everyone thought that God caused lightning and the weather and the tides, but now we have science and religion is obselete". This is a simplistic view of history. Yes, science as we know it only came about in the last few centuries, but every advanced ancient civilisation had a system of natural philosophy they used to investigate and explain natural phenomena. They didn't rely wholly on the "god did it" explaination. I'd say that by the first century, people had already grasped that physical phenomena had a physical explaination and theological studies were mainly concerned with matters of the spirit, morality and revelation. Christianity was never really an alternative explaination for anything and coexisted with natural philosophy, and subsequently, science for centuries. Theology and natural philosophy were considered to be in the same species, and throughout the middle ages, universities were funded by the Catholic Church.

The idea that there is this conflict between religion and science is a very recent one. In summary, the idea of religions like Christianity being similar to tribal mythology -- that they are an explaination for natural phenomena -- is false. Along with the pop history view that everyone before the enlightenment were fearful ignorant uneducated peasants who fully relied on mythology. Since the Greeks, natural philosophy was seen as an adequate explaination for the world and Christianity was created, and grew within that context.

I am in a similar position to the op except I was raised catholic. Went through my edgy fedora phase during my teen years. 20 now and I would say I’m a scale of 1-10, 1 being believer and 10 being atheist, I am a 9. No one can be absolutely sure that god exists/doesn’t exist but it would just be silly to believe in something of which there is no empirical evidence for. Going to watch this thread till the end

Bump

Shitposting aside, what is the appeal of some of the nuttier religions or whatever? Especially if you weren't indoctrinated into it as a child.

wrong board

Science can’t answer all questions, such as what I ought to do with my life, or what makes something art or something kitch, or why I like to keep my old car around