Since we know that Evangelion is going to become more like Gundam with how new content is to be released...

Since we know that Evangelion is going to become more like Gundam with how new content is to be released, what kind of new series/movies would you want to see take place in the Eva universe?

>Evangelion
>new content is to be released
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hopefully they keep the trend of every iteration existing as an alternate timeloop.

The thing I love the most about things like Anima is how well the butterfuly effect is portrayed. Kaji never being killed completely changed the course of the series and I would like to see series and movies using that same mentality.

Maybe an OVA or something where Shinji finds out the truth of Seele before anyone else. Or even a full series where the entire main cast is never born, so the secondary characters from Shinjis school become the first second and third child

You're an idiot. Eva prints money. Even if Anno is never involved again, no studio on the planet would let it die

How long is anima? Long enough to fill a full 12 episodes?

Eva doesn't have nearly the amount of background information that Gundam had in its first series. They'd have to do some major retcons (Gundam has only had some slight ones) and if it's Anno, then i really don't see that happening. He's more of a Fukuda than a Tomino.

Anno already said he's out. Retcons would be expected. Especially if they do what this guy is saying

Just Shinji and Toji kicking ass together.

make a series where kensuke is a pilot and he's just fucking thrilled about it all the time

The series would be over by chapter 6, as both the Angels and Seele would been destroyed already. He would also have fucked misato.

but what about Rey

Toji, Kensuke, and Hikari as the backup team and how their presence balances the other three (four, five?) pilots emotionally.

Hell, they don't even have to pilot robots. I'd watch a series of child operators operating against xeno scum.

What does LCL stand for?

Cute angels doing cute things spinoff

I KNOW, I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN

Fist things first: I fucking hope Gundaming doesn't happen.
Having said that, Prequel about the FAR or Gendo's rise to power could be interesting.

>The Spanish word for "sky" or "heaven" is "El Cielo". The Sea of LCL in End of Evangelion seems to be in space. If this similarity is deliberate and not a coincidence, it makes LCL a wordplay on "heaven".

Why do Massproduced EVA's look like Khezu?

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE IT FEELS SO BAD

Probably because they're inspired by the MP Evas?

NERV-Germany uses Evas to start World War 3, Shinji is worshiped by werewolves.

G Evangelion

The G Impact

More OC like Another Impact and less re-release rebuild cash grab bullshit.
New cast with new evas and angels (or whatever since the angels may be extinct)

Speaking of Another Impact, do you happen to know the music that plays during the scene when the unit is being launched?

NGE was good for 10 years, and the way it's going Rebuild would have fed the franchise for another 15. Let's assume something new comes out by 2020, which it's not that far away. There's 5 other seeds of life. make a title for each of their worlds and let's assume each can keep the franchise afloat for another 5 years. that's 25 years. Let somebody else worry what to do after 2045.

>My Little Evangelion Can't Be This Cute
>Evangelion: Brotherhood
>Nichigelion
>Evangelion x Evangelion
What else?

Is third impact really worth watching if I'm going through this for the first time?

What the fucking shit am I looking at

>Sahaquiel not about to do a cannon ball into the hotspring

opportunity wasted

Animate Karl.

Karlfag, I swear to fucking god.

The guy who did that shit writes anima and is the mech designer for Rebuilds so he's likely behind the pointless retardation that is Beast Mode

I'm actually not him.
But still.

Asuka fused with her Eva if I understand correctly.

There is a lot of weird shit going on in Anima. Multiple Rei clones alive at once, ponytail shinji, etc

>What does LCL stand for?
Serious answer "Link Connection Liquid".

just finished episode 6
the ending was nice

God, this shit looks so awful. 2.0's finale tried so hard to be more exciting than Episode 19 yet completely fell flat on its fucking face.

semen
SEHKI

Misato is a good girl

She's not.

you shut up, user

She's shit, user.

>Vampire Hunter E

When I first found out about that shit series this pic was all I knew about and I was kinda hyped.

Fuck off butthurt Reifag

Then who is better?
Post your waifu.

What are you talking about? This was legitimately terrifying.

I'd quite like a series after all the humans are dead and one nerv bases AI starts to clone humans and give them fake memories Dark City style. Which in turn causes another more advanced base to start mass producing angel like Evas to rekill the humans.

There now we've got a fun and horrible mystery we can actually reveal from the start and nice setting with which to ask 'what does it mean to be human' and 'why bother living'

Rei.

I do not care for Rei much.

I don't dislike Misato because she's not my waifu. I just dislike her.

One movie where Anno takes Eva money and leaves for Mexico.
Call it One More Final: I Fleed You

explain why and in detail.

He designed every mecha in Eva. That movie idea is from 1995.

I have beef with bad guardians. She insists that she knows what's best for a child she's barely acquainted with, despite her caretaking skills even for herself being tenuous. Once she does grow more acquainted with him, she proceeds to needle at his insecurities, presenting him with the weighty responsibility of making his own decisions while, in reality, denying that agency in most cases. She postures herself as a fun-loving friend until he disobeys her orders, in which case she finally reminds him that she's literally his boss and he's in the care of a military agency. There are a hundred ways in which she fucks up in her role of caretaker toward Shinji, and many of them are selfishly and knowingly manipulative.
I hate bad guardians.

Are you being serious? Overall, I don't hate 2.0 as a standalone film, but the scene of Eva-01's awakening was way more intense and terrifying in NGE than 2.0.
Eva-01's awakening in Ep 19 was as exhilarating as it was not because of how powerful it was but because it was terrifying. The audience pins its hopes on the awakened 01 as soon as it appears, but when you see how much of a monster it is its hard to be happy about the angel dying.
I guess my main problem with 01's awakening in 2.0 is the lack of terror present in the scene. 01 just steamrolls Zeruel with ridiculous laserbeams and a random halo.
Compare this to the TV awakening - the instant regeneration of the arm, Shinji's absurd 400% sync ratio, Eva-01 effortlessly smashing Zeruel's AT field with a wave of the hand, and then its fucking terrifying hooting, cannibalism, and busting out of its armor. It really sells Eva-01 as a fucking demon finally let loose with nothing to stop it.
Again, I don't hate 2.0, but seeing probably my favorite scene from NGE get in my eyes mishandled and redirected wasn't pleasant to watch.

>and many of them are selfishly and knowingly manipulative.
Congratulations, you discovered Misato's inner turmoil vis a vis the kids.

I know that's the point. That doesn't mean I don't hate it.
Each of these characters have reasons for their behavior, but sometimes their behavior is still unlikable or even despicable. Are you going to disprove anything I said, or just condescend to me?

Not him but everything felt very "forced" in 2.0 so I already was pretty biased against it but I'll take a stab

Not only was the imagery infinitely more direct and undermining the chilling animal like aspects in contrast to what we the audience mostly thought of the Eva's at the time "robots" that may or may not be. When it does go Beserk you can just feel it's presence without any angel halo while glowing red with a glowing arm feels incontrast to a much more like a wild untamed animal aspect that is "Beserk".
Just eating and the crawling are just unsettling

question: what episode is the end of Season 1?

It wasn't divided into seasons.

>no studio on the planet would let it die
Oh, is that why there's been ~6 hours of animated content in the last twenty years?

>She insists that she knows what's best for a child she's barely acquainted with
She relates to Shinji incredibly well and knows what isolation does to people

Rei's room can almost seen as a parallel to what Shinji's life could have been like if he kept up his mind life routine without accepting anyone.
Life is uncomfortable but it's best overall to be with people. She is the first person in the entire world to care about Shinji at all because she knows what he's going through to an extent, she takes him in for no other reason than to not leave a poor lonely boy alone. She may not be a good guardians but she does her best and gives her life for Shinji in EoE
I find her speech in EoE as she hands off her survivor cross to Shinji actually yelling and calming at him to get that message to him the most. As it reflects how Shinji acts like a cunt in episode 3/4 saying you won't "yell at me because you're not related to me" but Misato goes beyond that in her compassion. They only time she fucks up is when she equates her selfworth with her body after her outlet dies and is trying to simultaneously cheer up Shinji after his loss. Everything is fucked up then

>and many of them are selfishly and knowingly manipulative
Explain

I jumped around a lot I hope some of this makes sense

I guess I'll stop at 12 then.

I think it's because the intent is different. 2.0 is all about Shinji, he is in control, both of himself and the Eva. He's doing it for himself, it isn't so much the Eva protecting him and going berserk.
What that says about instrumentality and Shinji's development as a character in the film series is a different matter.

>They only time she fucks up is when she equates her selfworth with her body after her outlet dies and is trying to simultaneously cheer up Shinji after his loss.
That's not true at all. She fucks up several other times. How she handled Shinji's running away from home was a huge failing as a guardian on her part. And, again, offering herself as a fun and flirty friend before pulling rank on him when shit gets real is, I feel, a fuckup.

>Explain
She says it to him herself. She's using him. I get why she's using him, but that doesn't mean she isn't doing it.
Misato tries but she's not fit. She's not the devil, but, as I keep harping on, I don't like bad guardians. And she displays good qualities in the series, but the original post I replied to--that she's a good girl--is something I can't agree with. What I have seen from her in canon indicates that, as a whole, she is not a good guardian.
I will grant you that there are no good adult guardians present in the series, though.

This is a good point. Eva's behavior is different because the context for the behavior is different.
Whether or not you enjoy or appreciate that difference is up to you, of course.

>How she handled Shinji's running away from home
Which time?

>She says it to him herself. She's using him. I get why she's using him, but that doesn't mean she isn't doing it.
?

>Re:Vangelion
>Ikari chi no Angel Maid

>EvangelK-On!!
>Yurei Yuri

The "intent" in 2.0 was to look cool that's literally it.
Don't get me wrong, it was, but the reboots just lack overall depth compared to NGE.

I guess I'm more terrified of a apocalypse summoning demon robot. Not that the original wasn't unsettling, but the audience has the benefit of knowing what's (sorta) coming with the rebuilds.

Personally I believe they're canon to the show too, so I'm wondering what exactly is going through Yui's mind at this point.

>Which time?
When he books it from the apartment for like two days, and has to get dragged out of Kensuke's tent by Nerv agents.

>?
I went back to look for what I was thinking of; she actually says it to Kaji. She berates herself for using Shinji while she berates herself for how she handled her feelings for Kaji.