What went wrong at Disney to allow this to happen?

What went wrong at Disney to allow this to happen?

How do we get companies like lego to stop licensing their products? SJW's get shit done all the time, how do we make that happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffirmativeActionGirl
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters2016.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bladerunnersequel.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is what happens when you have your head so far up your ass for so long that you begin to like the smell of shit

Disney is pretty out of touch these days.

You know its bad when Jumanji beats a star wars movies at the box office.

Walt Disney was a great company until the Jews under Michael Eisner took over the company.

Eisner isnt there though?

How do we get Disney back? Just start getting people to boycott disney since they turned their back on humanity pushing trash, filth and lies?

Is Disney privately held?.... eventually the shareholders are going to ask that they refrain from doing this.

Destroying StarWars is like burning barrels of cash. To do it over ideology seems like a craven lack of respect for stockholders

I wonder...

This

Mormons and Jews took the company over.
And mormons are just less established jews lacking a holocaust moment to make people sympathetic to their plight.

>Is Disney privately held?....
I think so right? I heard they kicked out the Disney family since they were christian. So it seems maybe some group took over disney.

Looks a little bit like Dustin Hoffman's Tootsie. Are we sure this thing is 100% biological feminine female?

>. Are we sure this thing is 100% biological feminine female?
interesting question... Star wars always had tons of aliens in it, Lucas loved that shit, hence that cantina scene.

New movies have no aliens, but here comes some freak with purple hair. Humans dont have purple hair so is it an alien? Is it showing that people like that arent even human?

Even the Harry potter movies were better. At least it didn't have all the sjw crap in it.

/thread

It's publicly traded, I own stock in it.
And that stock has gone way up since 2001.
Soy boys are a big market. Social engineering is secondary to profits.

They did, although more in ways that would make sense for the 2000s; less extreme than what would pass for now.

Jews took over.

How does stock go up? srs question.

Disney lost 7 billion buying star wars and has yet to make one penny of profit, how is that sustainable? Or do you think its a bubble waiting to burst?

get off fucking Sup Forums you cunt

>And mormons are just less established jews lacking a holocaust moment to make people sympathetic to their plight.
You sure about that? I never met a single mormon that didnt support Trump, im not saying there arent outliers but they seem pretty hardcore against the evil people, what am I missing?

not really. It's pretty white, no references to gender roles or sexuality. I've watched half of part 3(i think) on tv a while back, it just seems like a normal movie.

Nothing went wrong.
They attempt to make blockbusters attractive to the womenfolk.
It's a business gamble.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffirmativeActionGirl

>They attempt to make blockbusters attractive to the womenfolk.
isnt that what the disney princess movies are for?

The star wars merchandise alone independent of movie success will pay for itself in the long run.
They also acquired marvel not so long ago.
In the early 2000s they were a half dead company. I don't know if you remember but they got lost somewhere between mulan and toy story. They were in an abyss of nothingness going nowhere fast. Their lion king animated movie musical department died. Pixar literally saved their company.

Now we've got what? The "frozen" team who make those 3d not pixar movies, several different departments within pixar itself cranking out relatively terrible films like the good dinosaur, marvel, star wars, the live action department.
Plus ESPN, and ABC content. They're rolling in lucrative investment. They're more than happy to beat a franchise to death until people get sick of it, shelve it for a few years, then reboot it and do it all over again. They're set for a long time.

they bought the SW franchise and they are formatting it to the general business model.
The bean counters noticed that menboys will go watch the action, which women will go watch women.
The logical conclusion from this is to combine it into Action Women.

also, I really don't complain about that.
But usually the chick has to have supernatural powers, then her punching guys twice her size can be explained away plausibly.

Is her neck so long because she is an alien?

stop complaining. everything is fine.

The best course of action would be to talk with your wallet
Companies don't give a fuck about your opinions

But 90's Disney was the best Disney era.

Say what you will, but don't bring heavyweights into this user.

I'm sure Milla Jovovich and Kate Beckinsale drew in some male audience too.

Space Jill Stein did nothing wrong

>What went wrong at Disney to allow this to happen?
Brand recognition. Disney tried to make Star Wars another one since that's what the popcorn eating masses will buy. In order to pander to the current liberal climate they of course had to make in more diverse on a superficial level. You can't replicate the Empire Evil, Rebels Bad narrative of the original trilogy. We're so familiar with the universe that naturally we're going to want something more nuanced. The best Star War stories like KOTOR or the Clone Series understand this but there's no way Disney would take any risks in their movie

They got enough money to just push agenda, at least for now. Marvel has started to shut down it's SJW-comics when bad sales started to catch up to them and they obviously could not convince their shareholders about enforcing diversity and feminism being worth it.

This is the producer of the new SW films. Please take note of the gender and come to your own conclusions.

Jesus haven't seen her since she lost the Maryland... I wanna say governors race? woulda been... shit 06 or 07. I think. God she's retarded

>The star wars merchandise alone independent of movie success will pay for itself in the long run.
Maybe. But there are toys on the shelves from two years ago and the Star Wars section at Walmart is tiny compared to what it was three or four years ago.

>The star wars merchandise alone independent of movie success will pay for itself in the long run.
Not from what I have seen. Your not wrong that licensing alone should be a HUGE revenue driver though. Problem is Star Wars toys are sitting on shelves some for 5-6 years. Licensing has also dropped off significantly due to a drop in demand.

Maybe that is a core problem for disney where with star wars their marketing to niche demographics that are known not to spend money on tangible goods out side of their other niche interests.

Disney has still 6.5-6.8 billion to make from star wars to profit from it, the worse these movies get, the more bad decisions they make with their designs and marketing kind of tells me their not going to ever see a profit.

>The logical conclusion from this is to combine it into Action Women.
the star wars women are ugly women like Wonder Woman was ugly, maybe due to her being an inbred. Noone buys ugly things, if disney is the market of selling shit then their gonna make shit. Thats kinda common sense tho.

This guy knows.

Im confused...

I thought Jews crave money? If that is true, then why are they purposefully tanking so many companies from Disney to CNN who lost so much value, marvel etc.... take your pick.

Are we sure its Jews that are the problem?

What's the big deal with this character anyway ? She has purple hair, wow. That's really something you couldn't expect in a sci-fi setting

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things wrong in Disney movies, but this character isn't one of them. Some of you guys are seriously overreacting

>That's really something you couldn't expect in a sci-fi setting
not in star wars, where there are aliens. See this post to learn more about that.

guys will watch sexy women do action. They won't watch fat ugly women do action.
fat ugly women will watch fat ugly women do action. Because they want to relate to them and they can't do that with slim sexy women.
That is the business bet here. Lose one audience, gain another.

>fat ugly women will watch fat ugly women do action. Because they want to relate to them and they can't do that with slim sexy women.
>That is the business bet here. Lose one audience, gain another.
I think its a bad bet, what do you think? Fat people are human, humans like attractive nice looking things or people regardless of race, age, or weight. There are tons of fat comic nerds who love cape shit and fat people who watch sports for example and those people look nothing alike.

Sex sells, it always has, and always will. Sexiness or attractiveness, not really sexiness will always sell more than ugly shit I would think right?

wait user.... your quite woke...

what if this is a warning sign, this isnt the first time this happened.

Despite what we may assume, the "Ghostbusters with Fat Women doing Action" DID NOT FLOP.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters2016.htm
otal Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $128,350,574 56.0%
+ Foreign: $100,796,935 44.0%
= Worldwide: $229,147,509

It made MORE MONEY in the USA than Blade Runner 2049 on a similar budget.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bladerunnersequel.htm
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $91,931,116 35.5%
+ Foreign: $167,185,499 64.5%
= Worldwide: $259,116,615

BR2049 did better abroad and this might tell you that there is a different, more masculine market abroad that in the USA. USA is feminized and this is why SW:TLJ looks like it looks. It's about "empowering women" now and not about satisfying the sexual urges of adolescent boys.
The studios are betting that they can trick adolescent boys into going to the same movie with other tricks: space battles and pilots. The emotional/personal side is reserved to satisfy strong wammen.

Fembusters did flop if it barely beat blade runner and was out twice as long to calculate gross profits, hell Frozen beat fembusters.

> USA is feminized and this is why SW:TLJ looks like it looks. It's about "empowering women"
An interesting hypothesis. Im not sure if that matters or not since that audience doesnt seem to use consumer products to buy things associated with the media directed at them. While it may be true it seems their trying to take markets that have a different appeal and force them on this feminized audience whom dont seem to consume such content directed at them or not. Its like trying to sell a snow blower to a hawaiian.

This is a failure in marketing and business to target groups whom dont consume the type of content being directed at them.

Ghostbusters draws attention + nostalgia, it was bashed worldwide.

Brand strength i think.

Most Mormons barely think Trump is better than Clinton because of shit like Abortion. Utah went massively towards the Democrats in 2016.

>Ghostbusters draws attention + nostalgia, it was bashed worldwide.
>Brand strength i think.
Its another product poorly conceived by people lacking even the basics of business acumen. The licensing revenue generated from Ghostbusters has collapsed showing how just rebooting, or altering the brand recognition of content can cause massive devaluation.

I dont know every mormon, but every one I have met in person supports trump, maga hats all that ish all over their social media guy or girl. Maybe thats just younger people though?

I haven't been following this, did it fail? Googling throws up impressive looking imbd and rotten tomatoes scores.

I come at this from a position of complete ignorance. Do the studios really care about audience reviews? Did it fail financially? I haven't been to see "blockbuster" since I was a teenager, I found them all awful because, obviously, they have to pander to women. Every big movie is a family movie these days.

Tell a lie, I got dragged to see the new Alien against my will. It was shit, why does the 120lb lesbian go on deck to fight the alien whilst the indestructible cyborg man stays down below?

Of course it didn't fail, but it certainly isn't raking in the kind of money it could have. It tanked in China though.

>I haven't been following this, did it fail?
the answer is deeper than black and white since its not about failing with a single entry into the movie market.

Disney spent 7 billion to get the Franchise from lucas and hundreds of millions on the movie. The movie for a household name has done dismally keeping Disney in the hole nowhere near earning even a cent of profit yet on the franchise itself.

>Did it fail financially?
So far the brand is failing for Disney financially due to them not understanding the selling points of Star Wars, instead trying to sell political propaganda disguised as a movie. This will always fail financially when selling an agenda or message since propaganda type content for any cause is widely available free without needing to pay or buy a movie to see.

>Tell a lie, I got dragged to see the new Alien against my will. It was shit
It sure was my friend, i can go scene by scene on that pointing out the problems. Though the biggest problem was Ridley Scott had too big of a budget. Hes one of those artists that does best with less.

It's supply and demand. If a company makes more money, they are obligated to give devidends to shareholders, so a more succesful company means more devidend means more people are willing to spend more on shares, expecting to make a profit.

Ideally, which does explain Disney wanting to acquire Fox to stem their massive bleeding from the star wars venture along with their other recent media releases outside of Frozen which have failed to garner attention meaning profits from ongoing sales or say merchandise.

Dora the explorer as a brand is more valuable than Moana. There is no single reason as to why Disney is failing, which is always a bad sign when the list keeps growing.

>Disney spent 7 billion to get the Franchise from lucas and hundreds of millions on the movie.

Sweet Jesus, they're not making that back in a lifetime.

>>Disney spent 7 billion to get the Franchise from lucas and hundreds of millions on the movie.
>Sweet Jesus, they're not making that back in a lifetime.
If they managed the property well it would increase in value thus netting them a profit and a great brand.

By changing the brand or for example any brand you lose any audience associated with the past brand, while having no audience for the current brand. No audience meaning that the audience must be created now since a brand is built with an image for some existing audience who will rally to the product.

The worst part for Disney is that the value of the property is now not worth what they payed because of the damage they did to the IP destroying its brand recognition and losing licensing internationally from third parties.

Disney is trying to make up for this by branding any and everything. From fruit, to even hand warmers at stores. It seems the Disney license has dropped so low due to the lack of quality content that they are practically giving it away these days.

>not understanding the selling points of Star Wars

What were those?

Everything that sells toys honestly. It's always been where the real Star Wars-money is at. And the new films aren't doing too well about it.

8-years old me would not have wanted Rose- or Rey-action figures, and the new ships aren't that cool either.

Who do they think is going to buy that?

Uhhh hello SHITLORD do you not remember the OUTRAGE that there were not enough REY toys last time?!

Feminist moms

>Mommy can I have Kylo Ren he looks cool
>NO TIMMY THIS IS BETTER

>Everything that sells toys honestly. It's always been where the real Star Wars-money is at. And the new films aren't doing too well about it.
So true, Star Wars money came from re releasing the movies on DVD in ten diff editions etc with a fanbase to match who also consumed the merchandise.

Problem with the recent trilogy is their not really movies with any kind of core audience. This is due to the movie not being made for entertainment but made to promote a political agenda. That means its a trends, and trends dont have long term audiences which is why fashion is always changing.

Maybe Disney can be sold to the chinese because the people running it now or who have been are just running it into the ground.

Seems the big problem is since star wars is not being used for Scifi anymore and just for political messaging that it has no staying power since politics change over time. Scifi really doesnt, look at say another SciFi from Disney called Tron for example. It fits any time period.

pic related is what happened

The only people who will be buying this are leftist parents who will attempt to force their kids to play with it

so uhhh wtf has she written thats scifi?

it does look like he is trying to hide an Adams apple.

>The only people who will be buying this are leftist parents who will attempt to force their kids to play with it
wouldnt those hip trend followers be like against supporting a corporation though? Thats never been their bag, theyve always been against consumerism right ?

Leftists love both the corporations and deep state now, as long as they publicly virtue signal in the name of feminism and liberalism.

Unrelated, but how did this turn out better than BBC's Sherlock? Thought for sure the SJW casting would kill it but it actually turned out decent.

What are you bitching about, snowflake?

Diverse casting can work and be non-political. Like in motherfucking Predator.

>Leftists love both the corporations and deep state now, as long as they publicly virtue signal in the name of feminism and liberalism.
I notice the same thing, but love doesnt mean help a corporate entity. Do they buy shit yet has anyone noticed? Every comic or movie so far has failed with their messaging same with those star wars toys. Your right it seems they love them, but at the same time they dont seem like they spend any money on it.

I love heavyweights :'(

That's true actually. And corporations (like Disney) seem to keep mistakin leftist love in Twitter for a promise of financial support. Those feminists will keep writing about how the force is female now and that's beautiful, but will not actually buy the nerdy shit like they never have.

Check out the physique on Webber his body mass alone is off the charts.

>Diverse casting can work and be non-political.
How can you know the difference though?

By watching a good and entertaining product that just happens to have diverse cast, instead of something like The Last Jedi that tries to make forced points about toxic masculinity.

>How can you know the difference though?
if they make the focus their race or politics it will fail. Noone wants to watch a movie of Nancy Pelosi or John McCain in their daily life. Humans by their nature hate politicians for whatever reason you can pick. If they just make a movie, it will work. Soon as they try to make it about the message it will fail.

the kikes only spend their money on destroying the west, it makes perfect sense. think of it as a wealthy fellow with a hobby. they are already super rich, they have so much money that they are investing it into something they want: the end of the west and (h)whites.

First gen jew gets in through competence, after that it's just a nepotistic shitshow though

The fact that Luke Skywalker is the only non-evil white man in the movie, and he's humiliated as well, should tell you all about it.

I never saw a single ad for Bladerunner. Ghostbusters, however, was plastered everywhere for months.

What the fuck is that creature even supposed to be?

when you realise that any of the actors couldve been replaced with someone of a different race/gender and thered be little to no impact on the film
a good example of this is alien which had a very diverse cast but theres no sjw pandering or irritating feminist garbage. the fact that ripley is a woman is almost entirely coincidental

SJWs go to college and get jobs, position themselves to hire other SJWs, then overwhelm the company leadership.

What are you guys doing to advance our cause?

>allow this to happen
And what is "this"? What happened?

That infiltrating only works because of the original diversity hires be white leaders virtue signaling. Damage is done already.

*by white leaders

>the kikes only spend their money on destroying the west, it makes perfect sense. think of it as a wealthy fellow with a hobby. they are already super rich, they have so much money that they are investing it into something they want: the end of the west and (h)whites.

where do they get all this money to buy corps as big as Disney that are worth more than some nations?

>SJWs go to college and get jobs, position themselves to hire other SJWs, then overwhelm the company leadership.
>What are you guys doing to advance our cause?
Your woke af bro, that was just on my mind last night. Even fucking Sup Forums is taken over by SJW's who spam janitor applications.

If we cant break out of even our board were fucked. People come get red pilled, then they just stay here. We need to get people the fuck OUT!!!! We need to take the other boards and create an environment for open discussion. For example discussing anything political on the Sup Forums board even when its a political movie like star wars ends up in a ban. Same thing happened on Sup Forums when the SJW mods banned anyone talking about that forum guy getting taken down until Hiro brought down the hammer on those mods.

We need to take it back, we need to take it all back from them, leave them with nothing.

Phrase I thought of is "Spread the Red"", short and catchy, with some time i could shoop that into memes, what do you think of that idea? Ya know getting red pilled ppl OUT of Sup Forums??? Of course not everyone will leave, were very board loyal but if we encourage it maybe it could make a diff, we gotta bust out of our echo chamber when the world is waiting to hear us.

They don't buy them, thats the thing

They get in through vicious and excessive nepotism

It's like if Apple put Bill Gates as their chair. It's a huge red-flag for potential corruption, but it gets swept under the rug.

Summary:
>once you have a jew in the buisness, it will steamroll until Jews eventually control all aspects of the company- and they get the company FOR FREE

investments in stocks
sewing up the blocks to sell rock

pol, I made this 4u

The Little Mermaid, a movie that glorifies fish degeneracy should be moved to the bottom of this picture, eh?

That's a big neck for me.

I gotta stand up with ya, Heavyweights is fucking awesome