Mahouka vol 22 cover already out

Shiina and Saburou. Why not my Maya???

Obligatory translation when post.

Currently reading the novels and I'm enjoying it so far. Is the translation group an active one?

Wait what, why was it changed? I liked the old one with Miyuki and Tatsuya. I am suspecting major rewrites in this volume now.

>onii-sama and Ayako ripoff
100 yen they die in the next volume

Who? No seriously, I don't know who they are.

Literally who?

It's isekai time, or in their case transported to a world with no magic

Will Leo and Miki ever get some time to shine again?

Fuck this author. Still can't write a damn yet keeps bloating the fuck out of the cast and you can tell the author extremely regrets making people like Katsuto and Mayumi 3rd years instead of 2nd years.

Nobody gives a fuck about more highschool students. All the interesting characters are the adults who already finished their school education.

So why the fuck do we need to know about new shitty freshmen every volume.

Wasn't shippou enough?

Now we get another edgy looking freshman male when F/SN Shinji look-alike already exists?

Fuck this author. Write less about highschool and more about shit outside highschool.

And the illustrator needs to be fired. He can't draw for shit. So many young males look fucking alike in this series.

>So why the fuck do we need to know about new shitty freshmen every volume.
Every year a new "irregular" is introduced. It's a running theme. Tatsuya was only the titular character in the first arc. Easiest way to keep introducing "irregulars" is by adding new characters.

They're new characters and they were debut in vol 21. Shiina from Mitsuya clan in 10MC and Saburou is childhood and bodyguard of Shiina, he from Yaguruma clan, his family have served the Mitsuya clan for more than 30 years.

Perhaps they pose a greater danger that originally thought and will be more responsible for the oncoming 'disturbance'.
Sort of doubt it since the girl is getting along with Miyuki and the dude got pwned by Tatsuya last volume.

also dont know how to feel about pic related.
On one hand: Awesome
On other: i prefer black hair.

Yeah honestly can't give a shit about these new characters he just introduced last volume. He should instead focus on developing the already existing ones.

That would be wonderful but I doubt it.

That was just a place-holder cover and the cover for V21 (last volume).

New protagonists. Tatsuya and Miyuki are old and busted.

Except all these new characters are highschool freshmen and it becomes less believable for all of them to be irregulars since Tatsuya is outside what a normal highschool student should be like.

And I would hardly call Shippou and Mayumi's sisters as irregulars.

Im surprised that she's as popular as she is in Japan.
From all other forums and boards i've seen, no one seems to care about her feelings for Tatsuya and see her love as more of an annoyance. from my POV, literally no one expects her to win or even cares about it.

Unlike Miyuki and Mayuki, where people are so invested in romantic development that you just know one side is going to be ass-blasted by the end.

seriously. what is the point of Honoka? Aside from her love she contributes so damn little to the story's developments or combat scenes.

>Every year a new "irregular" is introduced.
So who counts as the irregular on the main gang's 2nd year in First High?
Shippou? Saegusa twins? Minami?

I'd rather read about Tatsuya nuking Chinese and Masaki blowing up Russians than these two "protagonists" as you say.

I dunno, that's just what Satou said in his author's note last volume.

Shippou because he felt like the odd man out and challenged everyone. Also his ambitions to become part of the 10 MC.

That is not a good reason. Morisaki was more aggressive than Shippou.

Also, his ambition isn't much of an ambition. He just wanted to humiliate Saegusa.

Sorry but author only now noticed the title of his own novel which is why he suddenly introduced two new characters.

Mayumi best girl

Author is a hack and not a good writer. The novel is becoming filler and dragging.

Honoka is very much like Miyukii in that she's loyal, silent, obedient, wife-type that sits just worshipping the male MC. This appeals to nip values.

During the first arc it was Shippou, during the next arc it was Minoru, during the Yotsuba Selection arc it was Miyuki herself.

Indeed.

Miyuki wasn't the irregular, it was still Tatsuya, arc was really about his birth.

What a shitty cover.

Tatsuya is gay and i don't doubt about that

What's the chance of Mayumi winning Tatsuya? I heard she's actually in the lead.

Oh boy.

>actually in the lead

Don't be like me. You'll end up getting hurt.

As much as I like Mayumi, her chances of winning are much, much smaller than Miyuki's. Not sure what are the chances for open ending/nobody winning.

Fuck I am actually reading the LN for her. Should I stop?

Do it for her.

I'll keep reading for Mayumi. I don't really believe Miyuki will win

>I don't really believe ______ will win
Feel like I've read a very similar post, way back in 2013.

She has 100% chances of winning the Juumonji.

That's because Masaki is best girl.

>Juumonji
Yeah, yeah. People always say this. Who's Masaki gonna end up with then?

It's either 0.00001% chance Miyuki or nobody based on what's been shown so far.

Any chances of a new season after the movie comes out?
None, right?

go ahead and roll me a 100,000 sided die and if it lands on 1 then Miyuki wins the Masakibowl.

What if all sides are 1?

Considering Madhouse? Exponentially slim, then again Overlord is getting an S2.

Why? Do you think Mayumi ends up with instead?

Unless 8bit takes over as studio like they are for the movie.

Kys, incestfag

Well according to my calculations there are approximately 2.824*10^456574 different 100,000 sided dice using only the numbers 1 to 100,000. So if you really think about it the chances of finding that one die you were looking for to cheat with are quite slim.

She doesn't have to end up with anyone

wait no the actual number is 100,000^100,000 I calculated something else entirely

>mixing up permutations and arrangements
You can do better than this

The ending will be the pairs from the 1st Lost Zero wedding event. Mayumi was with Juumonji in each other's cards. Masaki was alone or with Miyuki in his special dream card. Lina was also alone. Tatsuya and Miyuki were in each other's cards. Shizuku and Honoka are "together" but more like with nobody still friends.

This is how Mahouka would end

If Tatsuya dies or decides he can't return her feelings after trying, sure. As of right now, there's no progress either way. You could say Masaki made slim progress by interacting with her more and getting to know each other more. He's not hated by her and given this is icicle Miyuki it's small progress to an extent.

Speaking of cards

MAYUMI IS ONLY GOOD FOR HER GENES
Even Onii-sama says the only feeling he has for her is sexual attraction

Didn't Masaki's card also beat Tatsuya's? Lost Zero can be odd.

Mayumi beats the imouto in many un-official polls, not sure about Masaki though.

This is the only one I found with Tatsuya and Miyuki on it. Iirc there are two of these

Tatsuya's card only has a little of her head but yes there are two.

That is the picture of Tatsuya carries his imouto to Masaki's place.

If this ID number is odd, Mayumi will win

KEK

Kill yourself nigger

Masaki's card was 1st in 2016.

So he wins by a narrow margin?

what da heck is this?
The two are hardcore in their relationship as childhood friends from birth.

Delete this

Can you actually vote multiple times in this? The girls had way more votes than the males. Or is it just they aren't just that popular in this game?

can anyone give me the pdf's link for this novel?
I lost my data and now I don't have the pdf's
PS: I did search on google, but some of the new pdf's are removed due to yen press license

Onii-Sama TL. No ETA on V19 as far as I can tell. Hopefully we'll get the epub soon.

The girls have more events and cards and are more popular. You could only vote once per account.

>Leo
Who?
>Miki
Still around though anyone that's not Onii-Sama or Miyuki gets no love. There was some kind of background action with Leo, Erika, and Rozen but it was completely glossed over for more long-winded explanations about public transportation.

11 votes

I think the general consensus is that the series ends when high school is over. It already seems like some arcs go on for too long while other things don't get enough attention or are forgotten.

I'm sorry, Pixie.

Adding useless characters doesn't help.

Do you think this series will end in 5 more volumes?

>Rozen
Shouldn't this be "Rosen" you know, because it is German?
And because it actually got spelled like this in the anime?

I hope so. I don't know. I don't think people want it to keep going in perpetuity. That's the feeling I get when reading these threads and I share this feeling.
Agreed, Pixie is a useless character. That's my point. At this point the friends from 1E- Erika, Leo, et al. are barely mentioned or forgotten. Adding single use/single arc characters is a big problem in a lot of series.
Likely correct. I'm going by memory and it was fuzzy since it was barely mentioned at all. It just occurred in the background.

It got misspelled in the novel translation all the time, the same as the other German terms used in the novel.

So who's going to win the Tatsuya-bowl?
I thought it was going to be Miyuki but then I heard that their mother is trying to force them to get married. Given that their mother is somewhat of an antagonist this doesn't seem to bode well for the ship.

>that their mother....

She is dead

Mean for this
>So who's going to win the Tatsuya-bowl?

Mayu-

>mother
Aunt and she's truly the best grill. As of V18, they're engaged but Tatsuya has no romantic interest in Miyuki and told her to give him some time to come to terms with them being engaged. Miyuki is saddened by this and has been distancing herself from him.

>distancing herself from him
Didn't she accept it and hugged him in return though? She literally just sat on his lap while half naked in vol19.

Or vol20. I forgot

I haven't read past V18 since they're not in English yet as far as I know. It could have been released without my knowledge I guess. Onii-Sama TL uses Reddit which is an awful design for keeping up to date on things.

for

I'm getting mixed signals here.
The anime seemed to be all for a Miyuki end but that very well could have been fanservice to sell more merchandise.

Are things really that different in the LN's?

At this point I can't see anyone but Miyuki winning or nobody winning due to his screwed up emotions. Tatsuya only ever saw Miyuki as a sister and not as a lover. It was Miyuki that turned her admiration for him into romantic love. Miyuki is also worst girl.

Even in the LNs, Miyuki still pretty much gets majority of the focus out of all the girls. I mean, she's the main heroine, what do you expect?