Do you have nationalism for your country?

Back in 2013 or so I heard on the news that Kim Gong Goon was threatening to nuke the United States. After I heard that we'd been basically sending food and the like since before this millennium, I got rid of the shitty anarchy mentality I had as a teenager, even before visiting Sup Forums.

Any other stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FckAc6Mbwd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Intellectually I've always found nationalism to be quite weird if not stupid. Being proud for the accomplishments of others just rubs me the wrong way intellectually. On top of that, being raised in the cuck capital of the world, Swedistan, I've been fighting this feeling for a long time.

That being said, I still feel it, and it's taken some reverse-brainwashing to accept and embrace this feeling. Half the population is more or less nationalistic/tribalistic and prone to be proud of their in-group and heritage and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

What about societal cohesion, security, mutual respect and cooperation of your fellow countryman?

It's like religion in Sweden, everything good about it has been embraced and integrated into our culture, so the only thing that is left over is vilified.

The only thing that separates nationalists from the majority in Sweden is their unashamed pride for others accomplishments.

If you're putting effort into a group project don't you reap your share?

I'm not sure what you mean.

You're a contributing member of your tribe you should feel a sense of pride for your collective efforts.

I used to have nationalist feelings but they are becoming less all the time. The medium sized city i grew up in has gone from being >90% white to what looks like literally

For my country currently, no. For the ideals and principles my country once stood for and its history, yes.

Yes, but that's not the form this pride usually takes. More often than not the pride is not proportional to your contribution to the society that produces a successful member, but instead proportional to the product a successful member produced/invented.

"Hockey player X was born in my home town 30 years before me. I am great because he managed to become an elite athlete. I am such a good person."

>"Hockey player X was born in my home town 30 years before me. I am great because he managed to become an elite athlete. I am such a good person."
nobody thinks this way

While it's foolish to take credit for the achievements of others or, as the progressives would have us do, responsibility for the misdeeds of others, you can and should draw inspiration from your countries historic successes and the fabric of your country at the time that enabled those successes.

Nah, it's stupid, childish and pointless

Plenty of people think this way.
I don't disagree. Like I alluded to already, in Swedistan we are bombarded with propaganda as kids that nationalism is bad, and that only bad people feel this pride. I was probably 25 before I even started questioning this brainwashing and start to integrate this pride that I hold inside.

not really

you tell me
youtube.com/watch?v=FckAc6Mbwd8

That's kind of how nationalism works a lot of the time. It's a simple trick that was often abused in fascist countries.

*power up*

*super spurdo*

*super spärde 2*

and this...this is to go even further nationalistic
PERKELEEEEEEE!!!! :D

This kind of autists are the reason why I hate this shithole

ajde odjebi, konju retadirani i maloumni. Svijest ti se krene mijenjati nakon dvadeset pete cca.

Zato začepi mutavu gubicu.

Jebali ti i Josip Broz Tito i Franjo Tuđman i Marko Perković (((Thompson))) mater balavu.

Finn master race

yeah