Ezra pound was /ourguy/

ezra pound was an american expatriate fascist poet who supported mussolini, hitler, and mosley. he was woke on the JQ and even spent time in prison for treason. on top of all of this he was an amazing writer and if you havent read anything by him you should go do so. just a reminder that our movement can have artistic types in it too!

Other urls found in this thread:

smoloko.com/?p=15488
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yet despite being a noteworthy American Poet you never learn about him in (((school)))?

>school
Americans don't even attend school, mate
Look at this shit

That car make a valid point

One of the most popular painters of the past century supported Franco

Ain't NOTHING better than Ezra.

he ain’t be wrong

(((School)))

>white
>based
>literature
>American
FFS Sup Forums truly /ourguy/
Educate yourselves
smoloko.com/?p=15488

He failed to make any great poetry. He exemplifies the predicament of modernity. Eliot expressed the death cry of civilization and then there was nothing left to say. Imagism was the death of poetry, not a new start. All the violent revolutionary energy of one hundred years ago led nowhere.
Pound's fascism was crude and retarded, sad to say. His intellect worked at max power on art and literature and then spun wheels retardedly on political questions. And in point of fact, Mussolini turned out to be just another corrupt goon. And so Pound was broken. He ended his life by falling into almost complete silence for years.

I learned about him in a 400 level poetry class in college. Before then I was never introduced to him...it all makes sense in retrospect.

In a Station of the Metro
The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough.

Why dont he die heroically in that war???
Why dont he fight until the end and so commit suicide? Such a ipocryt such a coward after war he was imprision and pooorman he suffer a lot

That is exactly what the jewish academic aristocracy says about him.

>DELET
>All artists are liberal progressives!
>Pedowood tells me so!

>Such a ipocryt such a coward after war he was imprision and pooorman he suffer a lot
The absolute state of George Soros.
Is that even English?
Good Lord man. Have some self respect.

No it's not, faggot.

This fucking shit is so Politically CORRECT that Reddit is on their way to suck your dick.
>He failed to make any great poetry. He exemplifies the predicament of modernity. Eliot expressed the death cry of civilization and then there was nothing left to say. Imagism was the death of poetry, not a new start. All the violent revolutionary energy of one hundred years ago led nowhere.
>Pound's fascism was crude and retarded, sad to say. His intellect worked at max power on art and literature and then spun wheels retardedly on political questions. And in point of fact, Mussolini turned out to be just another corrupt goon. And so Pound was broken. He ended his life by falling into almost complete silence for years.
What the fuck are you doing here?

And speaking of which, I think Iseult Gonne was underaged when he seduced her...?

>self respect
on Sup Forums?????

I'm not being a fucking political tard-- rather, I'm talking about reality. Try it sometime. It will require reading and actually learning about things.
I'm highly sympathetic to nationalism. That means I think something intelligent that will work should happen with it, rather than retarded and mindless worship of past figures that aren't understood, based on ideologies that already demonstrated their inadequacies. DON'T BE FUCKING STUPID. You deserve to be absolutely ripped to shreds if you think some natsoc snowflakism gives you a right to help yourself to unjustified conclusions and dipshit platitudes.

Why are you surprised that American schools don't teach about a Nazi sympathizer

How many of the Pound lovers in this thread have read the Cantos? I haven't read that much of them-- but I know WHY I haven't.
Don't get me wrong about Pound-- I love the man. He was a tragic symbol, and his life was symbolic. We need to understand the era of one hundred years ago, because it set us up for today. Pound fought a war within himself between a past that was slipping away and modernity. It destroyed him. All the hard questions he was grappling with remain unanswered to this day, and we need to grapple with them too. But our society is so fucked right now, we don't even know how to ask them anymore...

Amazing scholar a wonderful poet as well. More a Confucian than a fascist tho.