Opinions on the Egyptian - Ethiopian dam dispute?

Opinions on the Egyptian - Ethiopian dam dispute?

Other urls found in this thread:

e360.yale.edu/features/vanishing-nile-a-great-river-faces-a-multitude-of-threats-egypt-dam
youtube.com/watch?v=Qr7JFmKoSCA
youtube.com/watch?v=G_8X8tbjqjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump
Does nobody care about actual politics on this board or what?

drop the meme flag fag
then we'l talk

Do you believe A - everyone on the board is omniscient or B - we have telepathy-over-the-internet so we all know what you are talking about?

How do you expect people to answer and participate in a discussion without you giving them the basic info in the OP? ALWAYS give a qyick rundown in the opening post you low effort monkey.

Also, bumping your own post doesn't work.

Can you give me an overview? Havnt heard shit about it before

since op is lazy faggot
e360.yale.edu/features/vanishing-nile-a-great-river-faces-a-multitude-of-threats-egypt-dam

wow you thought that we actually discuss politics here?
how about more important issues like
are white people white?
*blocks your path* what you gonna do about it white boi?
is degeneracy redpilled?
drumpf is finished
tfw no qt trans lgbtq+ furry gf

basic tl;dr
Ethiopia is constructing a dam upstream on the Nile. Egypt is pissed because they are entitled. Ethiopia will win because, you know, UPSTREAM

honestly surprised these inbreds can build a dam, where is the resources and talent coming from?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qr7JFmKoSCA

Immigrants have a bunch of issues.

the jews, of course

The dogs and slaves are going to rule the master, for a while.

Cheers. We had same issues with Greece and Turkey, but we build our stuff anyway cuz you know - UPSTREAM. What are the Egyptians gonna do about it.. go to war?

Pfft it was built by white/asian subcontractots I bet.

Who gives a damn?

based Bulgaria
physics always wins, its in the math

Hope it doesnt blow up.
On the other hand id love to see egypt raking over north sudan. The incompetence of that state must be punished while 90million+ egyptians need more Lebensraum before they migrate here.

I get the feeling if Ethiopia does not come with a compromise, the Egyptian military will just fix the problem.

Seems like Ethopia's been getting screwed in the Nile treaties for a while now and is starting to take back some sovereignty over their part of the Nile.

Egypt isn't entitled to that much sovereignty and should realize that, the dam is there to make that point. The more friendly Ethiopia gets with other middle-eastern countries (like us), the less Egypt can do to react.

Not much of any interest. Realistically nothing will happend. It'd be cool if Egypt started a war over it tho and would roll over both Sudan and Ethiopia. I want to see an African Kang Empire within my lifetime.

>reddit puns
Get out

completely agree
egypt wants to keep Abyssinia under their thumb and in crisis in order to be point on the administration of US relief
plus, fuck egypt, fuck them with camel aids

this is unironically a good post

The person who's land the water falls on owns the water.
Granted Egypt are fucked if Ethiopia decides to fill the damn asap ( nile will be at 15% capacity for 1 year)
.youtube.com/watch?v=G_8X8tbjqjg was good

NIGS NIGGING NIGS

Capped

Bump for interest

Praise Allah! Europe shall be a caliphate!

yes

This may be a stupid question, but how exactly don't middle eastern/african countries run out of water considering they have very little water sources?

Egyptian fighter jets can't reach Ethiopia without refueling in Sudan

Sudan and Ethiopia have a military alliance preventing precisely that

Egypt also is prohibited from using it's American donated fighter jets in international warfare without U.S. approval.

The dam is being funded in large part by Israel, Saudi Arabia and China and built by Italy so yeah it's getting built lol

leave it to niggers to build a damn on the nile...

Take a good long look at a map of Africa. How do you think they will "fix" anything?

>the Egyptian military will just fix the problem
Ethiopia was never colonized. They will deliver a beating if attacked.

Also 2 hours later and OP still hasn't weighed in. This is a slide thread.

>italy building things in ethiopia
WE

Didn't Italy beat them in a weekend or something?

DAAYUUM

Sounds like Egypt has three options.

Option 1: Do nothing, let Ethopia build the dam. This will destroy Egypt economically and destabilized the country even further. The result will be more migrants going to Europe and a possible civil war. People get angry when they don't have water and food.

Option 2: Declare war on Sudan and Ethiopia. Israel and Europe will probably take Ethopias side while the other Arab states sit back and watch Egypt burn. America might join in, but it doesn't seem Trump wants to meddle in the Middle East. This will also cause more muslim immigrants to flee to europe.

Option 3: Egypt hires terrorist or has their intelligence community blow up the dam after it's finished. Egypt may be blamed for sponsoring terrorists.

Ethiopia keeps spilling a bunch of garbage in Nile which ends up in Egypt. Now they are building a dam which will piss off Egypt even more. Cooperation is non-existent with regards to these problems.

The length of the dam takes 3 hrs to drive by road; breaking the dam after it's filled would cause catastrophic floods all the way downstream and into Egypt.

>Opinions on the Egyptian - Ethiopian dam dispute?

China will grow larger.

They would need to strike before it's done

>Option 2:

Yes please.

Why would you want that?

Niggers disregarding ecological resources?!? IM SHOCKED AND APPALLED

Because hopefully Israel gets a nice chunk of egypt for themselves, i have dual citizenship.

Oy vey. How would the minefield peninsula benefit Israel though?

Always oppose the subsaharan

I thought we made everyone on the Nile sign a treaty which mandates what percentage of it they're allowed to use?

It comes up every decade or two, and the upstream lot eventually cave.

The Ethiopians claim they won't respect the treaty due to the fact that it was written and signed under colonial influence.

I imagine if Egypt declares war Isreal will "defend" the Ethopian Jews. If they win the war they would get control of the Suez Canal and all the land in between(mostly just desert to use as a buffer).

The Nile states formed a majority rules treaty for decision making. Egypt was the one no vote on this issue.

I guess they'll just use the traditional African solution: fund terrorists in the opposing country until they can't afford to build infrastructure projects

Egypt is strong enough to beat Sudan and Ethiopia. Europe shouldn't get involved without US' permission. Israel won't get involved directly. So it all really depends on the US. We can either support Egypt, sit back and leave them alone, or side with Ethiopia and further destabilize the ME.

Chinese-egyptian war? Feels like something from Civilization.

Egypt doesn't oppose the dam, they just Ethiopia to not fill the reservoir as quickly so that they get a decent share of water. Instead of filling it in 5 years they're proposing Ethiopia delay it by an extra year or two.
They're being pretty reasonable about it even though they're a lot more powerful in regards to military

I care about politic i just dont care about you and your meme flag you fag

The African Union prohibits warfare between member states and has declared that any aggression by Egypt on other states would prompt an international response.

Who cares what happens in shithole countries.

I doubt the African union would do anything. They can't even keep their own countries in check and North Africa is more likely to help Egypt than go against it. If anything, Botswana and South African send symbolic forces.
If the dam is built there will be more economic migrants from Egypt. It could easily turn into a cold war scenario where Russia or US backs Egypt and China backs Ethopia

Dam is in Ethiopia, lake feeding dam is in Ethiopia, Ethiopia gets to control it as they see fit.

is it going to be like in New Vegas, between the NCR and the Legion?