3x3 Thread

Proletarian edition.

bump

Trying way too hard/9

What are you trying to say? You should be able to solve this.

>oh boy its this thread again

How many layers of irony are you on?

Ten.

+Re zero
+/- FLCL
can't figure out the rest

>+Re zero
>+/- FLCL
This really speaks to the state of these threads.

Post yours.

If I must.

FLCL just isn't my thing

>GIMP

What's this meme of putting non-anime and 5 minute shorts in your 3x3

Is it supposed to be unironic or is it just to appear enlightened

+Tatami, Ping Pong, Perfect Blue

Bottom mid?

You should be able to solve this.

What is this? Couldn't see a damn thing. This could be one of the worst 3x3s.

I feel stupid for not getting most of the stuff posted here.

Anime: 6/8

I'm glad you liked it.

You aren't meant to get the lot of it, it's just masturbation
Also 3/4, steins gate was ok

Yeah, that sounds about right. And been thinking of taking S;G from the list, the VN was better anyway.

Nice 3x3. 4/4.

9/9
7/9
8/9

6/7, -Katanagatari because worst girl

7/7

7/7

why are you trying to hide your moefaggotry with good shows?

>worst girl
Fight me.

Why are you pretending to be retarded?

I'm surprised you've seen the Saho Nanjo short because she seems like a blind spot to many.

I used to follow a really shitty anime blog. You could probably find it if you googled Saho's name.

5/5
3/3
6/6

1/1
I don't regonize the rest.
3/3
7/7
Great taste.
0/1
-Code Geass

>worst girl
How can someone have taste this shit?

I mean, I like Togame a lot, but the ending was too poignant for me to think of her as the best girl.

Something must be wrong with my eyes/10
3/4
5/6
8/8
You're cool.
3/4
6/6
This is giving me a headache.
5/6
I didn't know anyone actually liked Strike Witches that much, but okay.
4/4

I watch shows mostly for the characters and visuals
Hence the Yamada shows

Ew filters

I get visuals, but why for characters? Those characters are extremely unrealistic and only really serve the purpose for escapism with how romanticized they are.

Take note of how even a simple color correction can hide a lack of taste.

K-on's characters are really realistic or at least make a lot of sense. Ritsu and Mio feel like genuine people with motives and feelings, Azusa's ideas of herself and her friends evolve over the course of the show, and Mugi is a really well written character whose personality comes out in subtle ways in a few scenes. Yui's somewhat unrealistic but she holds the show together pretty well.

In Tamako Market there's a few episodes devoted to certain characters that I really like. Tamako Market is a little lacking in characters and plot in comparison to the other shows I like I'll admit, but it makes up for it with individual episodes and amazing direction.

You seem like a stuck-up faggot.

You are in a thread for stuck-up faggots. Who did you expect to encounter here?

Name one physical flaw any of them have. They were very clearly designed to be romanticized and genetically perfectly cute. Nothing realistic about flawless mary sues. The fact that they can all be boiled down to anime cliches should really show you something. Try copy pasting their personality into a live-action show and it'll be IMMEDIATELY obvious how they act 8 years younger than they really are, and even then are a little immature for that age.
No, I've just read books in my life outside of a highschool English class.

I have to say you've got excellent taste in 3DPD movies.

>physical flaw
None, why would you value bad character designs? Name one anime with a character made to not look "romanticized" that doesn't look like shit.
>flawless mary sues
Jump in logic. They have flawed personalities which makes them relatable so they are not mary sues.
>They can all be boiled down to anime cliches
You can boil anyone in anime down to any trope you fucking idiot. Asuka is a tsun.

1/2

2/6

2/3

>They have flawed personalities which makes them relatable so they are not mary sues.
Having flaws has nothing to do with being or not being Mary Sue, and flaws you are talking about are cutesy shortcomings which are what makes a character "moe", not real flaws.
>You can boil anyone in anime down to any trope you fucking idiot.
Tropes are not the same as cliches.
>Asuka is a tsun.
Since when Asuka is an example of well written character? And even then, there is much more to her than just being tsun.

>Name one anime with a character made to not look "romanticized" that doesn't look like shit.
Anne Shirley, Taeko (her past self was, but the point of that movie was she was romanticizing her past through flashbacks so that was intentional), that one girl from Angel's Egg, Lain kinda although the bear suit made her "cute". The girl from Oyasumi Pun Pun, etc.
> They have flawed personalities which makes them relatable
their "flaws" are like flaws you'd give a DnD character. "Uhh this one is a barbarian so he's really strong but really dumb" "This one is a sorcerer so he's really smart but has really terrible common sense"
Hardly realistic, just gimmicky.
>You can boil anyone in anime down to any trope you fucking idiot
That's because a lot of anime are terrible rehashes of other anime. The example you gave is specifically from an anime that was made to essentially make fun of those tropes so she was designed to be as tsundere as possible for that reason. That and she made that trope way more popular than it was previously.

>cutesy shortcomings
If you watched the show you'd know they have real conflicts with themselves and eachother. They aren't really big conflicts because it's supposed to be realistic.
>there is much more to her than just being tsun.
That's my point. There's more to Ritsu than being the Bokkuko character and she doesn't even assume that role a lot of the time

Those characters' designs match the tones of their respective shows just like the girls in K-on match theirs. Plus, aside from the Angel's Egg girl, they're all aesthetically pleasing designs so I don't see what the big deal about "physical flaws" is
>Hardly realistic, just gimmicky.
You can boil down any conflict with that. Example A "shinji is a pussy." An ongoing theme of K-on is Mugi trying to fit in with common-folk while trying and failing to hide her privileged background.

++FLCL
+Whisper of the Heart
+/-Nozaki-kun
-Re:Zero
+Tatami, Kaiji, Paranoia Agent, Ping Pong, Perfect Blue
+/-NHK, Watamote, BnHA
++CCS
+Gunbuster, Jinrui
-Katanagatari, S;G
++Eva, K-On!
+Bebop, Gunbuster, Tatami, Angel's Egg, Tamako
++FLCL, K-On!
+Tamako, Gosenzo-sama
+/-UY
++Hyouka
+GiTS, SSY, Monogatari
+/-Haruhi
-Geass
++Aria, Eva, K-On!
+Lain, Monogatari
+/-SnW, Shiki
++Utena, Eva
+Oniisama, Memories
-Katanagatari
++Eva, YKK
+Dennou Coil, Ping Pong, Shirobako, DeDeDeDeDe
+/-NHK, Haruhi
>Anne Shirley
>that forehead
>doesn't look like shit

Maybe they like both. Did you consider that?

0/9

lewd/3

aesthetic/9

7/9

6/9

8/9

3/9

4/9

anime: 5/9

6/9

bait

0/9 because Ariashit ruined it

>aesthetic
Why do people keep saying this? I still don't know what this means

>0/9
>you have monogatari on tour 3x3
Something doesn't add up here...

>You can boil down any conflict with that. Example A "shinji is a pussy."
yes but compare him with Holden from The Catcher in the Rye who could also be boiled down to that you see a very obvious difference in quality. Shinji is a pretty decent character, for anime standards, because he was actually based on a real person, but he still has the problem of being wayyy over exaggerated with his emotions, which is also a problem in moe shows.
>An ongoing theme of K-on is Mugi trying to fit in with common-folk while trying and failing to hide her privileged background.
this is literally the cliche of the Ara Ara ojou sama archetype with a small twist. I don't know how you saw this as original or interesting.

you skipped mine

Apologies. I only recognize 4 of those and not rest, I really can't pass a good judgement. So 7/9?

I don't think you understand how this works

Clearly I don't

shows you like/shows youve seen

I see now.
please ignore 4/4

Fooly cooly is garbage.

7/7
4/5

You are unintelligent.

Why don't more people look into older independent stuff? Every chart I see is always the same contemporary Tamerlane-core films, not that those are bad or anything.

cool pasta faggot

The filename says 2010s my dude.

That's what I mean, it's always 2010s. There's no shortage of good resources for older stuff, it'd be nice to see what people like.

About 4 years ago I had the exact same series in a 3x3. Madness. Obviously 9/9

I actually don't find them as aesthetically pleasing or interesting aside from Kei Oyama and Naoyuki Tsuji. I like Ki Renka from Hayashi Seiichi and most of Kihachiro Kawamoto and Tadanari Okamoto's work.

tumblr/10
>no UO Denim or cuck monkey
6/8
post the real verion boi
where is chocolate panic? twilight q? fuck off with your "experimental shorts" at least admit the wanwan from that collection of shorts was truly top tier
if you're gonna post gunbuster at least post some Jung or even any of the side characters, its too easy with noriko
>i am so cool because i watch things everyone else has seen hundreds of times
5/5
fuck you show off, 4/4
9/9
perfect blend of memes and subtle taste, i like how you have the perfect hint of moe shit but just enough action to not be the most boring and predictable faggot in the thread, i'd notch you for using a ghibli movie but since the particular movie you chose is extremely comfy i'll cut you some slack, i'd like to see better results from you user, dont let me down
hownew/are you
your choices while shitty i must admit as a honest shitpost, your artistic direction is something that must be thoroughly appreciated
it'd be better if you used higher quality shimapan though, the lack of thicc and puffy vulva dont really make me scream "NOW THIS IS ART" like the humongous autist i am, but good effort user
you forgot dancougar nova
takashi ito is the akira toriyama of horror tbqhwyfam

>thisthreadisfuckingshit.webm

>dont let me down
That 3x3 is a bit old and at this point I'd probably switch Aria and Only Yesterday for CCS and Penguindrum.

witch eva for penguindrum or switch utena for saint seiya or wixoss

if you want to be recognized as a man of taste, replace karekano with saint tail

>man of taste
>remove karekano
Now you're just talking nonsense.

when anno left the whole series went to shit, im not saying the show was bad but the second half after the tsubasa arc, the other ones were OK but executed poorly, all in all what should of been a good ending was extremely lackluster

Episode 18 is a pretty satisfying conclusion in itself, and the last 8 episodes aren't terrible. I consider them an epilogue or extras on top of an 18 episode show which is pretty much perfect.

Ooh, are we solving things again? If so, then have I got a riddle for you.

Only top left and top right are unsolved right?

1/2, but that's based on a few episodes of the dub of Cardcaptor Sakura on Fox Kids in 2000, so that's hardly fair

3/3

3/3

2/2

Pretty neat 3x3 you've got there.
2/3 -Code Geass

3/3

1/1 I gotta watch Space Dandy some time

2/2

so would you watch the last episode before starting the series as a whole?
is middle left supposed to be folk tales from japan or are you memeing me

Oh man, I know you can do worse than this. Your last one was really inspiredly awful, but this is just so-so. Obviously it's shitty, but there's no spark of beautiful idiocy in it; it's neither believable as a genuine attempt at a 3x3 nor remarkable as an intentionally bad effort. Have another go at it and see what you can do.

Watch it normally, just know that it drops in quality a lot after episode 18 and temper your expectations.

Yes, only top left and top right remain. They're both fairly popular in 3x3 threads, though no one has actually posted top left yet this thread.

Middle left was Moo-Shishi. The others are mostly equally bad puns.

Scratch that; top left has made an appearance in this thread.

you're asking too much of me m8, the only thing i really can appreciate the most animation aside is that anno is a master of shitposting with his stills and those phonelines
im not here to impress you and i sure as fuck dont make my 3x3s to meet your expectations of what counts as a beautifully crafted shitpost, if you can do better then please do so, and even use my photos or other photos from the series i posted and outshitpost me senpai

replace shedninja with spiritomb

None of those shorts are indie and Takashi Ito isn't horror.

You need to watch more movies. Your 3x3 is way too... specific in the amateurish way. Like you took 2 semesters of film then thought you could fake it. Other than Borat - which shouldn't be there so it's probably the most honest entry, your 3x3 looks like a "topical" recent film school 101 textbook cover.

Start with AFI's top 100, then IMDB's top 100 (tons of overlap) once you finish those come back and post a revised 3x3^5 for some other film nerd to point you in another direction. I'd say go over to Sup Forums but they suffer from the same fate as you.

t. Sup Forums

But Shedinja is literally a ghost in the shell.

>your artistic direction is something that must be thoroughly appreciated
> but good effort user
I honestly threw this together with random screenshots I had in a couple folders wanting the surrounding 8 reacting to the center one. Initally I wanted to put some stupid joke or a "Tehepero," but the shimapan I put as a place holder just happen to fit really well.

I have been watching anime since 1991.

Still a pleb.

>he didnt get the memo about gurren lagaan
user i need to have a word with you

I don't want to be rated so I won't rate others I just wanted to share the apex of what a 3x3 can be.

FLCL, Re:Zero, Nozaki-kun, either Whisper of the Heart or The Cat Retuns, and maybe Kino's Journey. Can't place the other four. You get a -10 because your 3x3 isn't just obscure, it's really ugly and too dark.

Anime: 4/9
Movies: 2/8
Cartoons: 4/5
Characters: 4/9
Games: 4/9

8/8

4/5

3/4

7/8

9/9

3/5

6/6