Persona

Is it Justice to answer one crime with another?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vX-fWELtYPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is Persona 5 this generation's Death Note?

Why is Makoto the best girl?

But she's not

The law isn't always just or competent, so there are times crimes must be committed for justice to be met. Ideally this should be a last resort, but ideally the law should be just and competent.

My nigga.

but that's wrong

I'll just wander in here and say that rape justifies murder and wander out again before the shitshow commences.

All the girls in P5 are great but she is definitely one of my favorites

As a last resort for when harm would continue if a criminal is not brought to justice, it can be morally justified, but not legally, in most cases.

BEEP
BOOP

The twins are best girl.

Erasing evil is justice.

The law doesn't care about justice and there's alot of corruption so in the end it depends on the crime

That's not Futaba.

Is it really a crime to make someone realize the evil of their own actions?

So the end justify the means?

I want to be loving study partners with Makoto. Not to mention she'd make a great martial arts buddy.

Makoto gets my pick, but I'll admit that the game is filled with best girls and I just love how accommodating it feels.

Can we all agree that Futaba. Makoto, Kawakami, and Tae are the definitive top 4?

I can definitely agree to that.

Close enough.

No

What's your top 4 then user?

Yes. But who's the 5th?

Haru

That smile is 2cute4me

No.

Hifumi

Caroline

Replace Futabitch with Haru and you are correct.

Caroline is 1#.

You misspelled Justine.

well a crime is only defined by what's legal, and thus is only defined by the government. If an ideal of justice can be said to exist, it would be unlikely that it would have to defer to something like a government. Therefore, there must exist some situation where application of justice would require crime.

Sometimes yeah. Circumstances can drive people to take matters into their own hands, which can be a dangerous precedent because any jackass can think his or her every action is ultimately justified or take advantage of the chaos to their own selfish ends.

So even someone who has that philosophy should concern their self with doing what is right or necessary, otherwise he's just another criminal.

Best girl is Pixie

such rudeness!

>otherwise he's just another criminal.
But they're still criminals. Someone would resent them and try to do the same to them.

P5's cast has a thin line of being serial murders.

Alice is cuter and has more use

Pixie doesn't zombify you

Sorry man but its Caroline>Lavenza>Justine

Forever and always.

I liked their designs, but it was too obvious that the abuse was one of the dev's fetishes and I'm not really into that. Lavenza was great though and I wish she had more time to become an actual character.

Caroline & Justine > Lavenza
Overall, Liz > Twins > Theo > Lavenza > Marge

This. It's the softest vigilantism ever. They're just convincing criminals to hand themselves in.

I find Margaret to be the most attractive but I'm willing to admit she is the blandest in terms of personality.

>But they're still criminals. Someone would resent them and try to do the same to them.
Of course they're criminals, they break the law. A vigilante arguably can be just. We don't want vigilantism, but sometimes it's needed.

We can at least agree who's best servant.

No, justice means adherence to the law.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is a hippy piece of shit.

Sup Forums fuck off. I'm tired of seeing your bullshit memes

A RIVER IN A DRY LAND

The law doesn't exist to uphold Justice it exists to keep Order. Justice is merely a subjective idea, Order is objective and clear to all.

Law != Justice.
The Law exists to keep Order.
Justice is just the POV where Law resides.

Disgusting

Kill yourself.
My word is law.

Two wrongs don't make a right :)

im not gonna saying its morally just but if the justice departement is not gonna do its jobb, i dont blame the PH for taking the law in thier own hands.

But three lefts do

>Makoto spends an entire evening coming up with the perfect messages to invite Joker to the movies
>Joker reponds "ok"
>Makoto shows up at the cinema 20 minutes early
>Almost time for the movie to start
>Joker nowhere to be seen
>Makoto goes into the cinema to check when's the next showing today
>Hours pass by and she gets worried
>Orders a coffee so people don't get suspicious
>Last showing of the movie ends
>Heart broken
>Decides to head home
>Tries to keep her composture as she cleans off her tears
>Drops what's left of the coffee cup all over her new coat that she bought especially for the date
>Bursts into tears, covers her mouth and runs desperately out of the cinema
>Starts raining
>Walks alone, sees a happy couple on the way home
>Catches a cold
>Gets home late, Sae is already home "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU USELESS SLU--"
>Runs to her room nose first into her pillow and cries herself to sleep
>Tomorrow will be a better day...

>Comes home to find Joker fucking Sae against the table
>Sae and joker turn to look at her
>Quickly shuts door
>trying to choke back her sobbing against the door
>she hears her sister calling jokers name
>something snaps

What would a shadow Makoto look like? Sae's a classy goth stripper, would Makoto be like an extreme biker bitch

WHAT IS JUSTICE?

Yes if you have the power to do so. I hate this forced moral dilemma bullshit despite them actually helping people.

>get close to Makoto to get in bed with Sae
This is literally my fantasy.

qt Lavenza

The true moral dilemma they should have addressed wasn't them breaking the law to punish people, it's them literally brainwashing people into new, innocent people who don't have anything to do with those crimes and yet are forced to bear them.
Being a change of heart victim must be horrifying.

They do though; they later find the shadows in prison where they refuse to do anything for themselves. It turns out the thieves were doing what the villain wanted.

>innocent
How are they innocent
They still did their crimes
They're just atoning for them

Caroline is above 1 on both best girl material and the global tsundere charts.

>being a change of heart victim must be horrifying.
They deserved it

What is justice for some people can be a crime for others. That's what the US doesn't understand when they bomb hospitals in Afghanistan.

Margaret character suffered because she never had those dates like Elizabeth had, it would be fun to actually show her around inaba and have fun dates like the P3protag+Liz had, sadly Margaret stays the whole game inside that car and her slink as minimal interaction.

As much people hate marie, having her in golden allowed Margaret to tease her a little and gain more personality.

I would have liked if at the end of P5 Elizabeth or Margaret had come to save Igor

youtube.com/watch?v=vX-fWELtYPI

What was the point of the first scene when the MC arrives in Shibuya where his shadow appears and stops time before going back to normal?
It looked really cool but I don't really get what the point of it was

Margaret is too busy stalking Brotag.
Elizabeth is still trying to save Door-kun.

For P6, they have to use a new servant of Philemon since Igor VA is dead and Japs hate new VA for old characters.
They probably just bring back the actual boss, P for muh Persona fusion since that guy canonically exist in every human subconscious.

I never got how the Phantom Thieves were "committing crimes". What laws did they break?

Trespassing into other people property(mind) for one.
Brainwashing without consent is another.

If you brainwash someone into a completely different person, is it still the same person?

Yes

>tfw you will never have sexual relations with shadow Sae

>Trespassing into other people property(mind) for one.
How is that a law?

>Brainwashing without consent is another.
Is this actually a law?

Sure they'd open themselves up to lawsuits if their victims were of the mind to press charges, but criminally I can't think of one thing they'd do time for.

In most countries, even if all the victims are unwilling to press changes, the police and the Lawyer Bar can, for whatever reasons.

I almost picked that option because it was pretty funny.

So can the government and any of the relatives/friend of the victim of the accused crime.

I don't really care for Futaba romantically. And Chihaya has one of the sexiest designs, mumumu.

There would still have to be charges for them to press

Trespassing into private property, regardless of what it is, is a crime.

How does one trespass into a non-physical object? Goro pls go back to pancakes

;_;

Akechi, pls read copyright laws, your dumb imbecile.

In the UK at least it's not technically a criminal act unless it's a government restricted property like a military base or police station, you can only be sued for it in a civil court

>trespassing
>copyright laws
The closest analog to what they're doing is hacking into the victims brain, they are also neither copying or distributing a copyrighted material

What about the two who are supposedly singing and playing the piano in the velvet room off camera?

I don't think Phil is coming back after P2.

They should bring back the painter, too. On a totally unrelated note, they should also bring back Kaneko for the character designs or at least the new Personas' designs.

Like a lot of things the game doesn't give a straight answer to anything yet expects you to believe what they're doing is morally questionable when the people who they steal hearts from one dimensional cartoon villains. The only reason why Sae wants to apprehend you is to salvage her own reputation, the only person who objects your actions and think what you're doing is wrong is a deranged murder plotting revenge, there's no gray middle ground despite the aesthetics trying to tell you otherwise. If you were expecting Lupin what you're going to get is Ace Attorney instead.

Looks like /pg/ is back again